Welcome to the USS Tempest: Meet and Greet

Started by Julia Rellek, August 05, 2016, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia Rellek

[Mess Hall]

Julia stepped into the large mess hall of the Galaxy class vessel. She couldn't help but the scenic route on her way to the gathering. Although she had gotten a grand tour upon first coming aboard, this ship was so big and filled with small nooks. It would take ages to explore it all. The ship was a refit, which updated the feel of the interior along with the tactical and defensive systems.

While she awaited the arrival of her new Colleagues she replicated a cup of coffee and moved towards the window. With the warm beverage cradled both hands she stared into the vast space. She couldn't help but to imagine all of the possibilities that lye in front of the crew. All of the dreams that were ready to be made. All of the unknown waiting to be explored. This was just the start of their journey together and Julia couldn't be more excited to get to know the team that would make it happen.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Klizh

Mess Hall

Into the mess hall walked a very excited Caitian, evidenced by the twitching of his tail. He was aboard a Galaxy Class vessel. This was his dream ship. He had fallen in love with it upon first eyesight. As a boy, he had constructed a detailed model of the Enterprise-D and hung it above his nest, lulling himself to sleep each night by imagining himself inside the tiny ship, roaming its hallways. Certainly, the Galaxy was no longer Starfleet's top of the line, but it would always be the most beautiful ship in the Federation, in his eyes. Even if the decor had been "updated." Galaxy class ships still shaped history. K'lizh might one day have the privelege to have his hand on the clay.

Freshly transferred over with a few crewmates from the Athena, he had quickly thrown his belongings into his quarters before treating himself to a personal tour of the ship. Of course, he knew which way to go, he had memorized the ship's schematics when he was ten.

He was surprised to see his new commanding officer already there, hesitating at the doorway before walking in. "Captain," he said politely as he moved to the window on the opposite end of the room to gaze at the stars outside. Somehow they seemed just a little brighter from the inside of a Galaxy.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Mess Hall

The newly promoted Lieutenant Commander Sigurdsdottir stepped into the Mess Hall.  She spotted a few people she knew, namely K'lizh, no one could mistake him.  But it was new faces she wanted to find.

Spotting an attractive female and realising that this could only be Commander Rellek, she got herself a Ratkajino and stepped over to speak to her.

"Commander Rellek?  I'm Lt. Cmdr Sigurdsdottir, but please, call me Ruth.  And if I can ever get that man of mine to actually propose, then it'll be Lt. Cmdr Waring I hope!"

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

William Waring

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on August 06, 2016, 12:21:29 AM

Mess Hall

The newly promoted Lieutenant Commander Sigurdsdottir stepped into the Mess Hall.  She spotted a few people she knew, namely K'lizh, no one could mistake him.  But it was new faces she wanted to find.

Spotting an attractive female and realising that this could only be Commander Rellek, she got herself a Ratkajino and stepped over to speak to her.

"Commander Rellek?  I'm Lt. Cmdr Sigurdsdottir, but please, call me Ruth.  And if I can ever get that man of mine to actually propose, then it'll be Lt. Cmdr Waring I hope!"

[Mess Hall]

"I heard that!" Will said, having just entered the Mess Hall with his ever present coffee. He gave a nod towards K'lizh and made his way to Ruth and Commander Rellek. He made sure his uniform was perfect before addressing the Captain. "You have already met Lt. Commander Sigurdsdottir but I am here better half. Lt Commander William Waring but I prefer Will." He motioned around the room "This really is a beautiful ship Ma'am. I'm surprised how much they replaced of the original."

RESERVED

James H. Hawk

[Senior Officer Quarters - Deck 2]

James was just settling into the Athena when his transfer orders came in from the Admiralty. He was to be assigned to the newly refited USS Tempest although it's an older ship much of it's parts are brand new. James was especially looking forward to getting to play with the new phasers and shield systems. He already missed the Athena and his friends on board it but he was glad to see a number of Athenians transferred with him. The Tempest came with its fair share of surprises but for James the biggest was his promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade and appointment to Chief Tactical Officer. He was worried and nervous that he would make a mistake but the Admiralty seemed to be putting a great deal of faith in James' ability and he sure as hell want going to let them down.

The crew had been invited to an event in the mess hall to get a chance to know each other before leaving for the first mission. As a new department head James saw it as a requirement to attend to get a chance to mingle with the other officers. He put on his best uniform, a new one to go with his new pips and headed to the mess hall.

[Mess Hall]

The new Lieutenant entered the mess hall and was glad to see a number of his friends from the Athena dotted around the mess hall. The people he knew best however were standing with a woman who could only be Commander Rellek. James ordered a cola soft drink from the bartender before approaching Commander Rellek and the others waiting for them to finnish talking before introducing himself.

Julia Rellek

Quote from: Klizh on August 05, 2016, 10:33:53 PM

Mess Hall

Into the mess hall walked a very excited Caitian, evidenced by the twitching of his tail. He was aboard a Galaxy Class vessel. This was his dream ship. He had fallen in love with it upon first eyesight. As a boy, he had constructed a detailed model of the Enterprise-D and hung it above his nest, lulling himself to sleep each night by imagining himself inside the tiny ship, roaming its hallways. Certainly, the Galaxy was no longer Starfleet's top of the line, but it would always be the most beautiful ship in the Federation, in his eyes. Even if the decor had been "updated." Galaxy class ships still shaped history. K'lizh might one day have the privelege to have his hand on the clay.

Freshly transferred over with a few crewmates from the Athena, he had quickly thrown his belongings into his quarters before treating himself to a personal tour of the ship. Of course, he knew which way to go, he had memorized the ship's schematics when he was ten.

He was surprised to see his new commanding officer already there, hesitating at the doorway before walking in. "Captain," he said politely as he moved to the window on the opposite end of the room to gaze at the stars outside. Somehow they seemed just a little brighter from the inside of a Galaxy.

[Mess Hall]

"Ensign, welcome!" Julia said as a familiar warm smile filled her face. "We're glad to have on out operations team. I cant wait to see you on the bridge, I hear you just finished your tour in the academy?"

Quote from:  Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Mess Hall

Quote from: William Waring

[Mess Hall]

"I heard that!" Will said, having just entered the Mess Hall with his ever present coffee. He gave a nod towards K'lizh and made his way to Ruth and Commander Rellek. He made sure his uniform was perfect before addressing the Captain. "You have already met Lt. Commander Sigurdsdottir but I am here better half. Lt Commander William Waring but I prefer Will." He motioned around the room "This really is a beautiful ship Ma'am. I'm surprised how much they replaced of the original."

It didn't take long for Julia to realize that this pair was going to be a blast to have around. "Welcome Commander Sigurdsdottir, we're so luck to have you on our command team. And Commander Waring, or Will, if you prefer. We'll have to get together afterwards. I'm sure you're eager to get your hands on the updated specifications. There are a lot of cosmetic changes but I think the technical ones are perhaps the most impressive."
Quote from: James Hawk

[Senior Officer Quarters - Deck 2]

James was just settling into the Athena when his transfer orders came in from the Admiralty. He was to be assigned to the newly refited USS Tempest although it's an older ship much of it's parts are brand new. James was especially looking forward to getting to play with the new phasers and shield systems. He already missed the Athena and his friends on board it but he was glad to see a number of Athenians transferred with him. The Tempest came with its fair share of surprises but for James the biggest was his promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade and appointment to Chief Tactical Officer. He was worried and nervous that he would make a mistake but the Admiralty seemed to be putting a great deal of faith in James' ability and he sure as hell want going to let them down.

The crew had been invited to an event in the mess hall to get a chance to know each other before leaving for the first mission. As a new department head James saw it as a requirement to attend to get a chance to mingle with the other officers. He put on his best uniform, a new one to go with his new pips and headed to the mess hall.

[Mess Hall]

The new Lieutenant entered the mess hall and was glad to see a number of his friends from the Athena dotted around the mess hall. The people he knew best however were standing with a woman who could only be Commander Rellek. James ordered a cola soft drink from the bartender before approaching Commander Rellek and the others waiting for them to finnish talking before introducing himself.

"Speaking of the changes. Lieutenant Hawk, I presume. We were just discussing the upgrades made to the ship. The biggest of which were the upgrades to our defensive systems. They'll need some work to fine tune. But I'm sure we'll get the kinks worked out." She said while extending her hand toward Mr. Hawk.

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Julia Rellek on August 06, 2016, 05:01:17 AM

[Mess Hall]

"Ensign, welcome!" Julia said as a familiar warm smile filled her face. "We're glad to have on out operations team. I cant wait to see you on the bridge, I hear you just finished your tour in the academy?"

It didn't take long for Julia to realize that this pair was going to be a blast to have around. "Welcome Commander Sigurdsdottir, we're so luck to have you on our command team. And Commander Waring, or Will, if you prefer. We'll have to get together afterwards. I'm sure you're eager to get your hands on the updated specifications. There are a lot of cosmetic changes but I think the technical ones are perhaps the most impressive."

"Speaking of the changes. Lieutenant Hawk, I presume. We were just discussing the upgrades made to the ship. The biggest of which were the upgrades to our defensive systems. They'll need some work to fine tune. But I'm sure we'll get the kinks worked out." She said while extending her hand toward Mr. Hawk.

"Aye, ma'am, I'm leftenant Hawk," the young officer said in his English accent. "I'll have our tactical systems working before we run into any trouble. I've already got my department working around the clock to get everyhing running." My Department. Boy that felt good to be able to say.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: William Waring on August 06, 2016, 01:57:07 AM

[Mess Hall]

Mess Hall

"William Quentin Waring as I live and breathe...." Ruth giggled.  "...and I don't know about better half.  Oh you mean me!  Then it's definitely right!" she winked at Julia in a sort of 'women ganging up on men' way!

Quote from: James Hawk on August 06, 2016, 07:08:56 AM

"Aye, ma'am, I'm leftenant Hawk," the young officer said in his English accent. "I'll have our tactical systems working before we run into any trouble. I've already got my department working around the clock to get everyhing running." My Department. Boy that felt good to be able to say.

"James!!" Ruth said delightedly.  "So glad to see you here.  Lt. Hawk served with me on the Athena Ma'am and he's very good at what he does! Congratulations on your promotion too James!"

Persephone M'Rai

Quote from: Klizh on August 05, 2016, 10:33:53 PM

[Mess Hall]

A new ship already.  Persephone had barely had time to unpack her belongings on the starbase before the orders had come through for her to report to the newly refitted Tempest.  Thankfully the medics on the Columbus had managed to put her back together again after the explosion in the docking bay and she was once again ready to attack her duty.

The first element of that duty was to go to the mess hall and start mingling with her new crewmates, which she did with a distinct spring in her step.  The new carpet under the bare pads of her paws felt soft and warm, a far cry from the cold plates of the base.  Her tail waved lazily behind her, although it was quickly drawn in close to her body whenever she passed through a doorway.  One incident with a door in her youth had been enough, and not even the doctors had been able to remove the resulting kink in her tail.

The tail stilled as she stepped in to the mess hall and scanned the room for any familiar faces.  Commander Rellek, she knew, but her attention was drawn to the other Caitian standing by one of the view ports.  She rarely saw anyone else of her kind, so it was a rather exciting moment.  Bounding over, she flashed a wide smile at him.

"Hey!  I'm Perrrrsephone.  What's yourrrr name?"

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on August 06, 2016, 12:27:55 PM

Mess Hall

"William Quentin Waring as I live and breathe...." Ruth giggled.  "...and I don't know about better half.  Oh you mean me!  Then it's definitely right!" she winked at Julia in a sort of 'women ganging up on men' way!

"James!!" Ruth said delightedly.  "So glad to see you here.  Lt. Hawk served with me on the Athena Ma'am and he's very good at what he does! Congratulations on your promotion too James!"

James smiled at Ruth, "Thank you. I was pleased to see your name on the roster. I can't think of a better officer to be the Tempest's CSO and Second Officer. Your promotion is well deserved." Ruth had made James feel welcome and was always ready to help him back when they were on the Athena and he really was glad she transferred with him.

Julia Rellek

Quote from: James Hawk on August 06, 2016, 07:08:56 AM

"I'm sure they are." She smiled. "It's a lot of work ahead of them but I'm certain that they are up for it. That's a good team you've got down there in tactical." In an effort to turn the attention from work she shifted to Ruth and Will. "So when will you two finally tie the knot? I feel like this is all ive heard about since stepping onto this ship." She chuckled nervously, afraid she may have just opened Pandora's Box.

Klizh

Quote from: Julia Rellek on August 06, 2016, 05:01:17 AM

[Mess Hall]

K'lizh flattened his ears with respect as the Captain addressed him. He was barely able to answer her with a "Yes ma'am," before her attention was torn away by a couple other crewmates from the Athena. This took the attention off him, but also deprived him of a chance to get to know his knew CO. She seemed... nice. But she was still his authority figure, and a female to boot. Having come from a matriarchal culture, K'lizh felt a need to be on her good side rather than earn her ire. And so he hung back away from the spotlight, for now.

Quote from: Persephone M'Rai on August 06, 2016, 01:04:41 PM

The tail stilled as she stepped in to the mess hall and scanned the room for any familiar faces.  Commander Rellek, she knew, but her attention was drawn to the other Caitian standing by one of the view ports.  She rarely saw anyone else of her kind, so it was a rather exciting moment.  Bounding over, she flashed a wide smile at him.

"Hey!  I'm Perrrrsephone.  What's yourrrr name?"

It didn't take long before someone else's attention was upon him. K'lizh could smell the female before she spoke, and spun around to face her. Living amongst other species had forced him to reign in some of the etiquette that humans and Vulcans considered rude and would sent one quickly into a duel with an Andorian (but perversely delighted Tellarites), but upon seeing another of his kind, old habits kicked in. It was customary for Caitians to challenge each other upon first meeting; size one another up to establish pecking order. And since he and this woman had the same amount of gold pips, they couldn't use that to put off confrontation.

"I am K'lizh," he said, his voice smooth and controlled despite the malice of his next words. He slipped into his native tongue in the hopes of sparing himself an awkward explanation with the Captain who was still standing behind him. "What kind of name is 'Persephone'? Did a human give you that name? Do you allow these humans to treat you as one of their 'cats'?"

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: James Hawk on August 07, 2016, 05:10:15 AM

James smiled at Ruth, "Thank you. I was pleased to see your name on the roster. I can't think of a better officer to be the Tempest's CSO and Second Officer. Your promotion is well deserved." Ruth had made James feel welcome and was always ready to help him back when they were on the Athena and he really was glad she transferred with him.

Mess Hall

"Aww thank you James!"  Ruth had a soft spot for the young lieutenant, like a younger brother, and had kind of unobtrusively taken an interest, cast a maternal eye over...call it what you will, but generally made sure he was ok over on the Athena, she wasn't going to stop that now, and she was really happy that he'd made Lieutenant.

"Same goes for your promotion, well deserved.  And look, I may have an extra set of pips and be allowed a slightly comfier seat on the Brigde now but... my door is always open for you be that the CSOs office or if I have to put my Second Officer hat on, even middle of the night if you need me come and knock at my quarters.  Seriously.  I know what it's like being on your own in a starship. I'm lucky, I have wonderful friends like Commander Rellek and I have my partner on this ship..." she threw a look at Will, "...others aren't so lucky and we all need a friend sometimes, and well... here I am!" she smiled reassuringly at James.  "Don't be a stranger, it's still me under all the titles and extra jewellery!"

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on August 07, 2016, 12:22:44 PM

Mess Hall

"Aww thank you James!"  Ruth had a soft spot for the young lieutenant, like a younger brother, and had kind of unobtrusively taken an interest, cast a maternal eye over...call it what you will, but generally made sure he was ok over on the Athena, she wasn't going to stop that now, and she was really happy that he'd made Lieutenant.

"Same goes for your promotion, well deserved.  And look, I may have an extra set of pips and be allowed a slightly comfier seat on the Brigde now but... my door is always open for you be that the CSOs office or if I have to put my Second Officer hat on, even middle of the night if you need me come and knock at my quarters.  Seriously.  I know what it's like being on your own in a starship. I'm lucky, I have wonderful friends like Commander Rellek and I have my partner on this ship..." she threw a look at Will, "...others aren't so lucky and we all need a friend sometimes, and well... here I am!" she smiled reassuringly at James.  "Don't be a stranger, it's still me under all the titles and extra jewellery!"

"Thank you, I appreciate it," James said while still smiling slightly, "I'll have to pay you a visit some time," he paused, "Well I will if I ever manage to get these damned phasers working," he grinned. "And speaking of comfy chairs, how come you get a comfy chair with your promotion but I don't even get a cheap plastic chair? All I get is a rail and a few buttons?" James joked about the standard Galaxy Class tactical station. He stopped speaking before he made to much of a fool out of himself by ranting about a chair, or rather the lack thereof.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: James Hawk on August 07, 2016, 01:40:40 PM

"Thank you, I appreciate it," James said while still smiling slightly, "I'll have to pay you a visit some time," he paused, "Well I will if I ever manage to get these damned phasers working," he grinned. "And speaking of comfy chairs, how come you get a comfy chair with your promotion but I don't even get a cheap plastic chair? All I get is a rail and a few buttons?" James joked about the standard Galaxy Class tactical station. He stopped speaking before he made to much of a fool out of himself by ranting about a chair, or rather the lack thereof.

Mess Hall

Ruth grinned "Patience young grasshopper!" she said "Keep up the good work and one day you too will have a comfy chair!  Besides, you can have one in your office! You can have a beanbag in your office if you like!"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.