USS Tempest January 2019 Awards

Started by James H. Hawk, January 09, 2019, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James H. Hawk

Hello, I hope everyone has had a happy new year so far.

It is time once again for the Biannual Awards Ceremony. For those who aren't sure of how this works, over January there will be a number of awards issued to the current crew. For an overview of the awards that may be given out, see this help file: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/help-files/help-fleet-awards/

To kick things off, here are the Service Awards:

Jada Nozama - 2 Year Service Award

Ozu Saya - 1 Year Service Award

Rhymus Cleroux - 1 Year Service Award

Malik Grippen - Six Month Service Award

Syhr Qythral - Six Month Service Award

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jada

As requested here and discussed below, we'll try to wrap up the awards for Tempest before the game is closed, so the players can be appropriately recognised. Unlike the normal process, you players will get to nominate/vote for your peers, those whom you think are most deserving.

Because the last one and this one are a little late, the range is 12th August 2018 to the present/end, or covering most of "You Have the Right to Remain Silent", "Ancient Aliens", "The Hunt", and the Epilogue.

The awards in the Posting Ability category are:

• Posting Excellence: Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high-quality posting skills.
  • Most Improved Player: Awarded in January and July to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
  • Best Newcomer: Awarded to the player who has demonstrated excellence, and who joined after the last awards ceremony.
  • Descriptive Combat: Awarded in January and July to the player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.
  • Technical Precision: Awarded in January and July to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.
  • Most Engaging Member: Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.
  • Best Duo: Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.
  • Rib Tickler: Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.

The awards in the Extra Contribution category are:

• Crew Choice: Awarded to the winner of the Crew's Choice Poll.
  • Fleet Service: Awarded in January and July to players who guest star in another SIMM.
  • Outstanding Commitment: Awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.
  • Contribution: Awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.
  • Outstanding Contribution: Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities.

(Captain's Personal Merit and Executive Officer's Personal Merit will be excluded.)

Please nominate one PC each for any or all of these categories, as you like. Don't vote for yourself, obviously, except for Fleet Service, in which case please say where you went. Feel free to add why you think your nominee is deserving.

As a reminder, the eligible players, in rough chronological order of appearance within the time range and some no longer with us (disappeared or transferred) but no less deserving are as follows: James H. Hawk, Judith Eastman, Tekin Nevir (guest), Ivan Govorov, Jada, Avigail Soreka, K'lizh, Malik Grippen, Hrafn Falleg, Ozu Saya, Jortaal, Amelia (Mia) Makarova, Alexander Wu, Naga Rylu, Angelique Delacroix, Syhr Qythral, EQ Kimball, Ardyn Jaeger (cameo), Inzjana, and Rhymus Cleroux.

For Best Newcomer, the eligible players are Avigail Soreka, Amelia (Mia) Makarova, and Angelique Delacroix (all no longer in Shadow Fleet, so this is moot).

Please drop your nominations here, send them to me via PM or Discord message, via a neutral admin or another player if you wish. And I'll leave it open, oh, two weeks? Then I'll try to divine some results.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Kirok

Here are my suggestions:

Posting excellence - Ozu
Most Improved - Klish
Best Newcomer - Malik
Descriptive Combat:  Rhymus Cleroux
Technical Precision:  Inzjana or Syhr Qythra
Most Engaging: Jada
Best Duo: Judith & Ozu
Rib tickler:  Klish

Crew Choice:  Malik
Fleet Service: Tekin
Outstanding Commitment:  Judith
Contribution:  Ozu
Outstanding Contribution:  Jada

Malik Grippen

Species: Risian | Age: 29 | Profile | Personal Log | Character Images

Inzjana

Quote from: EQ Kimball on February 03, 2019, 10:05:02 AM

Here are my suggestions:

Posting excellence - Ozu
Most Improved - Klish
Best Newcomer - Malik
Descriptive Combat:  Rhymus Cleroux
Technical Precision:  Inzjana or Syhr Qythra
Most Engaging: Jada
Best Duo: Judith & Ozu
Rib tickler:  Klish

Crew Choice:  Malik
Fleet Service: Tekin
Outstanding Commitment:  Judith
Contribution:  Ozu
Outstanding Contribution:  Jada

Ditto

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Hrafn Falleg

Posting Excellence: Judith Eastman
Most Improved Player: -
Best Newcomer: -
Descriptive Combat: Jada/K'lizh
Technical Precision: Ozu Saya
Most Engaging Member: Judy/Ozu/Jada
Best Duo: Judy and Ozu/Judy and Malik
Rib Tickler: Judith Eastman (she cracked me up all the time with Dihiq posts)

Crew Choice:
Fleet Service:
Outstanding Commitment:
Contribution:
Outstanding Contribution:

Hard - the following in my opinion are all worthy of all of them:

James H. Hawk
Judith Eastman
Jada
K'lizh
Malik Grippen
Ozu Saya

I don't know the others well enough to comment.

P.S.  Thank you so much for letting all ex Tempestians vote on this.  May the memory of the Tempest live on in our hearts.  Prophets be with you all wherever you've ended up!

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Judith Eastman

I personally don't feel that, as an ex-Tempestian, I should receive any of the Tempest's awards, as I've had the opportunity to receive awards on SBC, whereas those who served here until the bitter end did not have such a chance.
I also don't think I can make nominations holistically, as I haven't read through The Hunt.

I will say this much: let's not give awards to people who've been reserved (i.e. Hawk, Wu)

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Jada

Alright, time is up! I've collated the nominations, excluded a few invalid entries and those for withdrawals, and I was extra generous in giving as many awards to as many of us as possible. :D (Some players are on reserve or missing, but I didn't feel it right to exclude them, especially those who may return later. Regrettably, some of the last to join didn't get much of a chance to demonstrate themselves in many categories, but they'll get a lot of time for awards in their next SIMMs.)

Posting Ability

Posting Excellence:
Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high-quality posting skills.

Awarded to Jada, K'lizh, and Ozu Saya

Most Improved Player:
Awarded in January and July to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.

Awarded to K'lizh and Ozu Saya

Best Newcomer:
Awarded to the player who has demonstrated excellence, and who joined after the last awards ceremony.

Awarded to Angelique Delacroix

Descriptive Combat:
Awarded in January and July to the player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.

Awarded to Jada and K'lizh

Technical Precision:
Awarded in January and July to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.

Awarded to Inzjana and Ozu Saya

Most Engaging Member:
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene-setting posts.

Awarded to Inzjana, Jada, K'lizh, Ozu Saya, and Alexander Wu

Best Duo:
Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.

Awarded to Angelique Delacroix & Malik Grippen and K'lizh & Jada

Rib Tickler:
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.

Awarded to Malik Grippen and K'lizh

Extra Contribution

Fleet Service:
Awarded in January and July to players who guest star in another SIMM.

Awarded to Tekin Nevir

Outstanding Commitment:
Awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.

Awarded to everyone who stuck through thick and thin through all six months: Malik Grippen, James H. Hawk, Jada, K'lizh, and Ozu Saya

Contribution:
Awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.

Awarded to Malik Grippen, K'lizh, and Ozu Saya

Outstanding Contribution:
Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities.

Awarded to Jada

Kirok

Tempest crew,

Congratulation to those who received awards.

A special note of thanks and recognition to Jada, who helped to organize these awards for the SIMM.

You badges have been pinned to your accounts.  If I missed any, please inform Jada.

Most sincerely,

Kirok

Klizh

A fitting way to cap off our time together on the Tempest. Thank you for doing stepping up one final time for us, Jada.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Alexander Wu

Well done all, and well deserved. Special thanks to Jada and K'lizh for stepping up to the plate and knocking it out of the park whenever they were needed.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Jada

It was great playing with you all and finally getting a long-running Trek game. I was glad to help out and tell some stories with you all.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.