Athena Minisode: High Times on Risa

Started by Constance Lafayette, August 02, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on August 02, 2016, 10:30:00 PM

[CSO's Office]

Even though the whole crew was on break, there was still work to be done. He had reports to file and inventory to take. That didn't stop him from wearing off-duty clothing though. Instead of his uniform he had put on black dress shoes, black pants, and a white dress shirt with it's sleeves rolled up. As soon as he had finished his work he moved over to the wall and spoke. "Computer, who's still on-board?" James asked before the computer gave him a small list of people.

[Deck 12 -  Antimatter Storage Tanks]

James entered the room and looked over at the woman giving a small nod before speaking. "Still working 'ey?" He asked politely. "You know, we're on break at one of the most widely loved places in the galaxy."

Deck 12 - Antimatter Storage Tanks

Suzie looked up as she felt someone approaching. She recognized Lieutenant Carter and gave him a small smile.

"Yes sir I do." She replied, still continuing on with her work. "I however find Risa not as pleasurable as most people, so I have no interest in taking any shore leave." She finished as she carefully removed the old seal and fitted the freshly replicated new one, just as carefully into it's place.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Constance Lafayette

[Private Villa- Interior]
Constance had finished her paperwork or, more exactly, had convinced herself that paperwork was not all one did on Risa. She was an explorer aboard a scientific vessel and she was on a new planet. That was as good of a rational as she could come up with to convince herself to "blend in" and "have some fun". The thought made her introverted personality want to strangle her.

For the first time in what had to have been years Constance put on something other than a Starfleet uniform. She'd even gone far enough to NOT wear a rank insignia or even carry a regulation PADD. The civilian clothes felt weird on her and she felt exposed but she kept herself together and decided- after looking at herself in the mirror  decided she liked it. She hadn't dressed for anything other than crew inspections or formal dress occasions in years and she forgot what it was like to just dress the way she liked. She let her hair down, actually put on more than the regulation amount of makeup and... well actually kind of liked it. She missed the girl she saw in the mirror. Sure, she'd probably go back to her old life, the one she's ran from, if she ever let herself stay like this but... for today she could be herself. She hardly even recognized herself.

[Resort Lounge]
A shy looking human in clothing, dressed rather liberally, (it couldn't be Constance...) entered the lounge  and sat at the bar- a few stools down from anyone. The room was lite by a dim blue light and the bar was a softly glowing pure white. The Risan bartender took her order and in a few minutes she had a blueberry in a flowery glass and she was sipping at it- wondering what normal people did for fun.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

James Carter

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 03, 2016, 06:52:28 PM

Deck 12 - Antimatter Storage Tanks

Suzie looked up as she felt someone approaching. She recognized Lieutenant Carter and gave him a small smile.

"Yes sir I do." She replied, still continuing on with her work. "I however find Risa not as pleasurable as most people, so I have no interest in taking any shore leave." She finished as she carefully removed the old seal and fitted the freshly replicated new one, just as carefully into it's place.

[Deck 12 - Antimatter Storage Tanks]

James gave a small nod before returning a warm smile. "I get that." He replied with a small pause. "But, if you don't take a break eventually all the days begin to blend into one and you can get lost. How about I stay on the ship with you and we just got to a holodeck?"

James knew more than anyone what it was like to let your work consume you. It was something he wouldn't even wish on his worst enemy. Relaxation was what the crew needed right now, and he wanted to make sure everyone got to do it.

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on August 03, 2016, 09:15:35 PM

James gave a small nod before returning a warm smile. "I get that." He replied with a small pause. "But, if you don't take a break eventually all the days begin to blend into one and you can get lost. How about I stay on the ship with you and we just got to a holodeck?"

James knew more than anyone what it was like to let your work consume you. It was something he wouldn't even wish on his worst enemy. Relaxation was what the crew needed right now, and he wanted to make sure everyone got to do it.

Deck 12 - Antimatter Storage

Suzie paused in her work and looked over at the security officer.

"Believe it or not Sir, I actually find this relaxing. If I was not on duty then I would be working on some sort of engineering project in my spare time. It's been the one constant in my life since I left Betazed and I have trouble relaxing without something of that sort to keep me occupied." She replied trying to focus on the words rather than the emotions. 

Klizh

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on August 03, 2016, 07:45:47 PM

[Resort Lounge]
A shy looking human in clothing, dressed rather liberally, (it couldn't be Constance...) entered the lounge  and sat at the bar- a few stools down from anyone. The room was lite by a dim blue light and the bar was a softly glowing pure white. The Risan bartender took her order and in a few minutes she had a blueberry in a flowery glass and she was sipping at it- wondering what normal people did for fun.

With a padd in hand, K'lizh walked into the resort, seeking a chair near the window that would allow him to enjoy the ocean smells while he read. Apparently this was considered one of the finest pieces of Cardassian literature, and so its cultural significance was of interest to him. Cardassian was one of the languages that he struggled with; hopefully this would give him the insight he needed to hone his tongue.

Of course, that was immediately forgotten when a familiar smell hit his nostrils, the smell of metal and engine plasma that only a ship's captain seemed to accumulate. He glanced around, and sure enough, there was his commanding officer in civvies. It was a noteworthy sight, but he hadn't served under her long enough to appreciate just how remarkable the occasion was.

Not wanting to be rude to his captain, he figured he should at least exchange pleasantries with her before he returned to his book. "Captain Lafayette," he said in a smooth gracious voice, giving her a nod. "How, er, is your drink?"

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

James Carter

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 03, 2016, 09:28:04 PM

Suzie paused in her work and looked over at the security officer.

"Believe it or not Sir, I actually find this relaxing. If I was not on duty then I would be working on some sort of engineering project in my spare time. It's been the one constant in my life since I left Betazed and I have trouble relaxing without something of that sort to keep me occupied." She replied trying to focus on the words rather than the emotions.

James gave a small smile and another nod. "I suppose I can empathize with that." James replied pausing for a moment. "Well, I'm going to have my comm badge with me. If you happen to need anything, feel free to reach out to me and I can always come find you." He replied in a friendly tone. "Even if you just need someone to get a meal with, I'll be around." The young man was completely sincere and his words radiated warmth. But he also knew when to let it be.

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Luke Stafford on August 03, 2016, 12:42:29 PM

"There are plenty of nightclubs a young officer could cut a rug at," Stafford said with a smile. "Just be wary of the occasional crime. Is this your first shore leave, Scott?"

"Hawk." Stafford said with a slight smile. His own plate was finished. He gave it to a passing waiter and indicated for the English security officer to take his place. "I'm finished, go ahead and take this stand. Enjoying your stay here on Risa, ensign?"

"Um thank you sir," James said as the XO offered his stand. "I've only just got off my ship a short time ago but so far it's been quite pleasant, sir. Good to stretch the legs once and a while."
Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 03, 2016, 04:40:14 PM

"On a distant planet, yes," Scott replied. "However, I think I'll be ok. Thanks for the advice, sir."

He turned to Ensign Hawk and thanked him for the compliment. "Great minds, eh?" Scott said. He waited until Hawk was done talking with the XO before continuing the conversation.

As a waiter placed James' order in front of him he turned to Scott. "That they do....ensign. The gold pips look good on you," James said with a friendly smile.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quarters

Ruth had finished her cocktail, and, supremely bored waiting for her partner, decided to get up and mingle.  She threw on a sarong around her waist, slipped a light cardigan over her shoulders and put her feet in flip-flops and made her way down to the Resort Lounge.

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on August 03, 2016, 07:45:47 PM

[Resort Lounge]

Resort Lounge

Ruth entered the dim blue light of the lounge, she liked its calming affect on her and she looked around for anyone she knew.

She did a double take when she saw a small Asian woman at the bar...no... surely, it couldn't be... ah...

"Captain?" she said uncertainly walking over to the bar, "...what's the poison?" she said indicating the glass.  "...I have a mind to try something new since Will has probably got his nose in a PADD somewhere and swimming in Ratkajinos, so much for him taking a vacation... though it's nice to see you out of the office!  You look..."

Ruth wondered if she dared say the word 'pretty' to the Captain and hurriedly amended it to "...different.  Casual and relaxed and its really nice to see you down here.  Our command staff work far too hard.  I think I saw Commander Stafford living it up out there but I can't be sure he was wearing regulation swimming trunks, I think it was some more colourful Bemuda shorts, might not have been him..." shaking her head giggling she winked at the captain. "...surely not.  Not the man that gets me to climb a mast in a force nine gale in the pouring rain to get my Lt. Commander pips!!  I dread to think what you did to poor Ensign Scott!"

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

William Waring

[Risa - Lounge]

Will walked into the lounge with his off-duty attire on and immediately spotted Ruth with someone who looked like the Captain.

"Hello!" He said taking a seat besides Ruth. "I came to my senses and decided to join you on the planet." He ordered a simple beer and in moments had it in his hands. "So, what have you been doing with yourself since you beamed down?"

He then noticed that the person who looked like the Captain was the Captain. "Oh, Ma'am. I didn't notice it was you, being out of uniform and all"

RESERVED

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: William Waring on August 04, 2016, 01:40:22 PM

[Risa - Lounge]

Will walked into the lounge with his off-duty attire on and immediately spotted Ruth with someone who looked like the Captain.

"Hello!" He said taking a seat besides Ruth. "I came to my senses and decided to join you on the planet." He ordered a simple beer and in moments had it in his hands. "So, what have you been doing with yourself since you beamed down?"

He then noticed that the person who looked like the Captain was the Captain. "Oh, Ma'am. I didn't notice it was you, being out of uniform and all"

Resort Lounge

"Speak of the devil..." she murmured to Constance.  "Drinking cocktails and...talking to the Captain.  And that's Lt. Commander Sigurdsdottir to you.  Oh Gods am I ever going to get writers cramp signing that!" Ruth giggled.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: James Hawk on August 04, 2016, 12:42:53 PM

"Um thank you sir," James said as the XO offered his stand. "I've only just got off my ship a short time ago but so far it's been quite pleasant, sir. Good to stretch the legs once and a while."

As a waiter placed James' order in front of him he turned to Scott. "That they do....ensign. The gold pips look good on you," James said with a friendly smile.

"Thanks," Scott smiled back. "So, what are your plans for our time here? I'm probably going to try and find a nice little lounge. Nothing too crazy."

He laughed at that last bit, but was serious since most of the modern music didn't sit right in his ear. He preferred more classical forms of music.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on August 04, 2016, 06:51:07 AM

James gave a small smile and another nod. "I suppose I can empathize with that." James replied pausing for a moment. "Well, I'm going to have my comm badge with me. If you happen to need anything, feel free to reach out to me and I can always come find you." He replied in a friendly tone. "Even if you just need someone to get a meal with, I'll be around." The young man was completely sincere and his words radiated warmth. But he also knew when to let it be.

Suzie smiled back at Carter. Feeling the genuine emotions he was giving out. She knew he was only trying to be friendly and did not want to be impolite.

"If there is anything you would like to do Sir, we've both got plenty of time." She said, her smile widening.

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 04, 2016, 02:48:41 PM

"Thanks," Scott smiled back. "So, what are your plans for our time here? I'm probably going to try and find a nice little lounge. Nothing too crazy."

He laughed at that last bit, but was serious since most of the modern music didn't sit right in his ear. He preferred more classical forms of music.

James exhaled as he pondered Scott's question. "Well I don't really have any plans yet. Maybe go for a swim or find a quiet spot to read. I'm just kinda going with it at the moment."

James Carter

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2016, 12:14:09 AM

Suzie smiled back at Carter. Feeling the genuine emotions he was giving out. She knew he was only trying to be friendly and did not want to be impolite.

"If there is anything you would like to do Sir, we've both got plenty of time." She said, her smile widening.

[Deck 12]

James quickly turned back to face her a soft and friendly smile still on his face. "Please, I'm off duty. You don't need to call me sir." He started with a slight nod. "I'm probably just off to the mess hall for now. Figured since most of the crew is down on Risa it should be pretty much empty. You're welcomed to join me."

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on August 07, 2016, 08:17:18 AM

[Deck 12]

James quickly turned back to face her a soft and friendly smile still on his face. "Please, I'm off duty. You don't need to call me sir." He started with a slight nod. "I'm probably just off to the mess hall for now. Figured since most of the crew is down on Risa it should be pretty much empty. You're welcomed to join me."

Deck 12

Suzie smiled a more relaxed smile and nodded.

"I that case, I would love to join you in the mess hall." She replied, putting her tools down as her repairs were finished. She signed the job as complete and uploaded it to the CEO on her PADD.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.