Post of the Month - July 2016

Started by Kirok, July 28, 2016, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

What a busy month July has been!

We have seen our numbers grow, a rise in activity on the Starbase, and the return of Service Awards.

Furthermore, we have brought back the POTM Award and have our choose a winner, Hrafn Falleg!

Hrafn serves on the Phoenix as the Chief Science Officer.  I have been impressed by her writing and her activity.  She is a true leader among her peers!

Here is her post:

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on July 13, 2016, 12:00:09 PM

CEO Office

Having been hauled to her feet by the very chivalrous, but boyish Gabe (and she liked him as she would a little brother, the boyish charm mixed with the seriousness that had to come being a parent and head of department), she smiled.  It felt good having children about her again, not just her own twins and soon, Ruthie... it made her feel better having their youthful enthusiasm bouncing off her.

"Right let's get our junior engineers down to Sciences.  I think actually there's a console there that needs looked at, it just needs some reconfiguring but if you want to bring your tools girls that is something you can take apart and I won't yell at you for doing so.  In fact, I'd thank you for it!"

She saluted Gabe with a flash of a megawatt smile.  "Just let me know when you want them back and I'll fetch them, or you can come get them or arrange some place to meet.  I'll make sure they're fed and watered in the interim.  And yeah, " she stuck just the tip of her tongue out hoping the girls wouldn't see, it was a childish thing but she was feeling more buoyed up than she had for several weeks now and Gabe was her new best friend... well he and the girls. "...Ego te absolvo.  For what you have subjected me to may the Lord ever forgive you!" she joked.

"C'mon girls, that console ain't gonna fix itself, there are plants to feed too, and there's a tale to be told, with popcorn, and possibly ice cream if you are really good. Don't worry, " she said turning to Gabe on last time, "...I'm not in the habit of filling kids with sugar and handing them back to their parents.  I'm not that evil."

Grinning she ushered the girls ahead of her and made for the turbolift.

Turbolift

"Will you girls give me 2 secs I need to get hold of my Ensign Varg!"  she smiled at them and hailed the Ensign.

=/\=Falleg to Varg, breaktime over I'm afraid.  We have 2 very important persons incoming from the Engineering Department to help fix that console Acting Engineers Seika and Aria, so let's make them welcome! In my office inside 5 mins please Ensign! Falleg out.=/\=

She could almost hear the groan in the tone of Varg's reply.  Evidently he wasn't a fan of children, or the girls reputation preceded them.

=/\=Ah... yes Ma'am, junior engineers incoming.  Be there quick as I can, Ma'am. Varg out! =/\=

Sciences

"There, we have one more to our merry little band! What do you want to do first?, " Hrafn said stepping out of the turbolift into Sciences, "... feed plants or take that console apart?  I vote we get the jobs done then we can get nice and comfy with snacks and drinks and I can tell you that story as a reward for all the hard work we get done today, how does that sound?!"

Jullia Rellek recommended Hfran's post and had this to say about her:
Quote from: Julia Rellek on July 25, 2016, 08:53:06 AM

I love this post in particular. But she has done such an amazing job over the course of this mission. We wouldn't have succeeded without her. :-)

Please help me to congratulate Ms. Falleg for her wonderful contributions.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Julia Rellek

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Gabriel Arthur

Congratulations!  Hrafn is a great babysitter.  ^_-

Kyle Briggs

Louisa Willow

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

William Waring

RESERVED

Malcolm Adeyemi

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.