Hush (Film)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, July 27, 2016, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Another Netflix gem was found! Hush is a 2016 horror film that premiered as SXSW and was subsequently snatched up by the evil Netflix corporation. And rightly so, because this slasher film is a modern classic that's not to be missed.

I won't give too much away, because I really want you horror fans out there to give it a shot. But I will say that I liked it for so many reasons. The acting is on point, the plot is simple to follow and enthralling, and it's "low budget" without looking tacky or cheap. All of the action takes place in the main character's home without the entire production being dragged down.

The home invasion genre of horror is nothing new, but it's done with such an elegant and simple twist that no less than Stephen King said, ""How good is Hush? Up there with Halloween and, even more, Wait Until Dark." (!)

Circling back to the budget and minimalist feel, this isn't some tacky production from Horror.com. It's a full fledged production, but not Hollywood. For an independent film its gorgeously shot and acted. There aren't any effects that I could see, another thing I loved about it.

I've gushed enough. If you have a few hours to kill, hush up and watch Hush.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.