The Expanse

Started by Cayden McConnell, July 21, 2016, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayden McConnell

I think that the first season of this show went off very well. They introduced the main players but left enough out there for you to want to return. I hear that season 2 will focus on the Martians a bit more.

Anyone else watched Season 1?

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Kirok

I saw a few episodes of this last year.

It was pretty interesting, but I think it fell off my radar.

Was it on Syfi?

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Zex on July 21, 2016, 10:32:10 PM

I saw a few episodes of this last year.

It was pretty interesting, but I think it fell off my radar.

Was it on Syfi?

It was...loved it

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Kirok

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on July 21, 2016, 10:38:30 PM

It was...loved it

I'll see if I can look it up 'on demand' :-)

Maybe I can catch up on Season 1!

Ian Galloway

Just read today that The Expanse has been renewed for season 3. I really am enjoying this series and hope it continues to be good.

Solluk

The Expanse has some of the most realistic depictions of space travel and space combat I've ever seen.  Common-sense things seem revelatory just because I've never seen anyone else do it before.  Like de-pressurizing the internal parts of a ship before a fight.  Brilliant.  Obvious.  Except I never thought of it before.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Ian Galloway

I completely agree, there was one event last season that occurred in a battle that was the most realistic special effect I've ever seen. I am very happy with the series and looking forward to see how they peel the onion of the mystery.

Kirok

Is anyone planning to watch the new season?

Dylan Torngate

I watched S1 and S2 when I had amazon prime... LOVED IT. Every single minute of it. (I'm a sucker for VFX done right) and the space combat just felt *right*

I plan to watch s3... whenever I get amazon prime back.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Felicity Ellis

I'm a huge fan of The Expanse, for me it's the best sci-fi TV we've had in a long time. Only a couple of days left until S3 kicks off!

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Ian Galloway

Indeed, DVR is already set!

Jada

I'm early in Season 2 through Netflix. Great series, though the mystery moves a bit slow.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Solluk

I must admit I am as interested in the ordinary lives and politics of the show as I am in the great mystery that guides the plot.   I feel like I could watch and enjoy this show even if there was no such background connective tissue regarding the 'weird stuff.'

Though... I guess in that case it would be a show about the mercenary crew of the Rocinante, being an A-Team in space, going from one ordinary political violence event to another, and doing a spot of good in a system gone mad.  ;-)

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Jada

I miss the frontier space detective story with Miller and his partner on Ceres. You could make a series just out of that.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Kirok

I remember season 1 and loved it.

I don't remember season 2, so may need to re-watch it.

But season 3 is great!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.