Anime Recommendations

Started by Cayden McConnell, July 15, 2016, 08:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayden McConnell

Anyone got any recommendations for a good anime to watch or check out?

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Marco Benitez

Harlock: Space Pirate is good.  Netflix has a good assortment of anime.  It just takes forever to get the new seasons.  >.<

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on July 15, 2016, 08:11:18 PM

Anyone got any recommendations for a good anime to watch or check out?

I know a few good short series to check out.

Chrno (Chrono) Crusade
Japanese with Eng Sub, because the dub version sucks major league.

Set in New York during the 1920s, Chrono Crusade follows the story of Rosette Christopher, and her demon partner Chrono. As members of the Magdalene Order, they travel around the country eliminating demonic threats to society, while Rosette searches for her lost brother Joshua.

It's light hearted, but at the same time, the final episode will have you bawling.

Here's the first episode.

Only 1 or 2 seasons to this if I remember.

Vampire Knight /VK Guilty
Same again. Jap with Eng Sub because the Eng dub voices are just so bad...

Cross Academy is an elite boarding school with two separate, isolated classes: the Day Class and the Night Class. On the surface, Yuuki Cross and Zero Kiryuu are prefects of the academy, and attempt to keep order between the students as classes rotate in the evenings. As the Night Class is full of utterly gorgeous elites, this can sometimes prove to be a bit difficult. It is completely necessary, however, as those "elites" are actually vampires. Yuuki and Zero act as guardians, protecting the secrets of the Night Class and the safety of their ignorant morning counterparts.

Again, light hearted, but serious at times. Some character which initially come across as annoying, and are actually completely awesome.

Here is the first episode

There are two versions. VK and VK Guilty, guilty is basically season 2.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Marco Benitez

Wow, make the popcorn, we're watching anime tonight!  XD

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Gabriel Arthur

I loved Fullmetal Alchemist.  The manga was adapted twice, the second one was the better.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.