News and Announcements!

Started by Chris Newberry, July 13, 2016, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good morning team!

As Mike has indicated, we are now officially on a SIMM-wide leave. You all work very hard to make sure that the SBC is the best. I ask for a lot and I give a lot in return. Consider yourselves on liberty until Sunday.

Feel free to catch up on another character, post on the Replimat or the Arcade Board, or just relax. Good work this month!

HERE WE ARE

Michael J. Tritter

Hello Columbians!

A few announcements to make. This one we make with a bit of a heavy heart, but also we are excited that this individual has been promoted. Our own Doctor Naira has been promoted and will be taking over as Executive Officer of the Athena, we are super excited for her, but we will miss her terribly as she has contributed significantly to the Columbus during her tenure with us. The Command Staff wishes her the best and we know she will do excellently with her new posting.

With that said, she left big shoes to fill, but the Command staff has picked someone who will do an excellent job at filling them. Congratulations are in order to our own Lieutenant Knox (or Spots as I prefer to call her). She will be taking over as Second Officer of the Columbus, we look forward to seeing her grow within this position, as well as for her advancement within Shadow Fleet, she is a hard charger who is full of awesome ideas and we look forward to having her as our Second Officer.

The Ship's rep position will also be up for grabs and I will be placing a poll on the forum here shortly to allow you the crew to decide who will be our Ships Rep. Please keep in mind that this person is selected by the crew for the crew, and it can not be a Command Level Officer (which means it can not be Captain Ayedemi or myself who fills the role).

Thank you,

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hello all!

Our second mission of our season season has now begun. You'll notice we're on a bit of a strange timeline, beginning a mission in the middle of the month, but this will be corrected before the end of the year with another holiday minisode.

This month, we'll be sinking deep into the Station's seedy underbelly to investigate a series of crimes.

Let's have an amazing month and a good mission!

HERE WE ARE

Michael J. Tritter

Hello Columbians,

Our Ships Rep (or Base Rep as I prefer to call it) has now been selected. The poll thusly has been closed. Congrats to Lieutenant J.G. T'Prina!

Thank you,

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Good evening Columbians!

Congrats is in order to own fearless leader, Malcolm for making Rear Admirals.

Thanks,

Michael

Auzual Knox

So proud of you, Captain. I am sure you shall lead Alpha superbly.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Michael J. Tritter

Hello Columbians,

Please join me in welcoming Kyan Mackenzie to the Sec/Tac department.

Thank you,

Michael

Auzual Knox

Welcome. Looking  forward to seeing you around the Station. Currently we are  dealing with the somewhat unseen and hidden side. Jump in anywhere you would like to be.

Malcolm Adeyemi

The following officers have merited promotions:

T'Prina is now a full lieutenant and Department Head of Science
Jenna McKinson is now a full lieutenant
Katharoz Knox is now a lieutenant commander

Congratulations all and please remember to request new IDs and change your rank avatars!

HERE WE ARE

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good morning team!

I am pleased to announce that our very own Kyan MacKenzie has been promoted to lieutenant commander, and Chief of Security. Please join me in congratulating him. Kyan, don't forget to change your rank.

We are now 9 days away from the end of the mission. We're in the midst of the holidays and I don't feel as if we have truly engaged with this mission. This can happen. If you feel that the story isn't being handled well or you're not engrossed in it please see me, Mike, or Knox and we'll try to help. In the meantime, let's finish strong and get some of our usual awesome posts on the boards. Let's save Shotaka!

On the 14th or 15th we will be starting our Christmas Mini--er, EPICsode, as our second officer has coined it. For the newcomers, this will be a low pressure, fun two week mission to round out our calendar date. It's also a part of what I have termed "Columbus Stories." These are more dramatic, personal, and smaller scale plots. They more involve the people on the Station, our relationships, family, and so on. They're not so much about alien invasion or saving planets. They're more about your characters as people. So soak it in and have fun when that time comes.

Our second season is starting out really well. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication. You make the SBC the finest SIMM in the Fleet!

HERE WE ARE

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good evening team,

A quick word about this mission. As I said before, it's fizzled out. Get in any last posts now. Mike will be ending the mission at 1700 EST tomorrow, so get your wrap up poosts in and we'll close the book on this one.

The minisode will begin shortly thereafter! I hope you all enjoy your holidays and a more light hearted mission.

Thank you!

HERE WE ARE

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey team,

A few announcements to share this morning. The minisode will be transferred to the replimat in January 2nd.

Our new mission will begin the same day. It will be lasting 45 days. This is in response to our survey. People would like longer missions, so we are trying it out.

I have updated the rosters. Please note if you have gone IPC over the holiday season. If you have, know that we will be back in full swing come 2018.

Also effective 2018 the command staff will be instituting a new policy: mission sitrep posts in discussion topics. This will help keep missions cohesive and all of us informed. Please see the Database for the form we will be using.

Also, on the main Columbus page I have created our long overdue Season 2 mission post. Please check it out to read up on our missions this season.

HERE WE ARE

Malcolm Adeyemi

Well, team, the day has finally arrived.

Effective February 1st I will be stepping down as commanding officer of the Starbase Columbus. With my new position as an Administrator and my new rank of Admiral, my character will now be touring month by month through all the SIMMs in Task Group Alpha. I'll be roleplaying from ship to ship to base. In character, it makes sense as Adeyemi will be visiting the ships and base under his command. Admin wise, I want to get a sense of how each SIMM is run and lend a hand where needed.

This is also makes sense for me, too. I have always been one to go where needed, and now I am needed elsewhere. I have been on the Columbus now for well over a year, and I have to admit that I have been feeling restless. I have a new challenge ahead of me, and one that I am going to relish. This will benefit myself and Shadow Fleet overall.

In my stead, Commander Mike Tritter will be taking over as commanding officer effective on February 1st. Mike has been our XO since January of '17. He knows the base, its people, and how to run it. His work ethic is second to none and his writing skills are on point. I have the utmost faith in Mike that the SBC will continue to flourish under his command.

I will be back when the SBC gets its turn to host me. Thank you all for your dedication, passion, and friendship over the last 15 months.

HERE WE ARE

Michael J. Tritter

Hello all,

Going with my promotion to Commanding Officer, a new Executive Officer has been selected. Please join me in congratulating our own Knox in her promotion to Executive Officer, this will be effective February 1st.  She will be my right hand and I am looking forward to things to come.

Thank you,

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.