News and Announcements!

Started by Chris Newberry, July 13, 2016, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Howell

For our American players, a small poll is up about posting availability over the thanksgiving week!

Many Thanks and happy thanksgiving

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hello team!

Our last mission went well, and it went long. Biohazard has ended today and I think with it one of the most exciting times we've had on the Columbus. I, for one, fully enjoyed reading all of your posts. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did.

For the remainder of December, Daniel, Mike, and I will be running a Christmas minisode. This mission is primarily for fun, but there are some dramatic elements.

Let's get into the Christmas spirit for the next three weeks!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey everyone!

We are thrilled to welcome a handful of new Columbians to our ranks!

L.K. Reade, Jason Morgan, and Martin Jones have joined our Security, Flight, and Engineering departments.

Please remember to vote on the Crew Choice Awards. Dan, Mike, and I will be handling the other awards throughout the month.

Thanks! Have a great December. :)

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good morning to the SB Columbus!

The first awards post has gone up. Soon, Daniel Howell and Mike Tritter will be posting their own portion of the awards. Stick around, I bet a shiny ribbon will be coming your way before you know it.

Our holiday mission is coming along nicely, I do hope everyone is enjoying a more relaxing pace this month. I think it was a good decision on all of our parts to take it easy for December, with the holiday and our prior mission running over by a week. But don't get too complacent--once January rolls around we are going to be back in the fast lane.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good morning all,

Over the past 20 days our mini-sode has been very active. I am very happy and humbled that you all have decided to be so active over the holidays. Thank you!

In other news, we have a new player with a wholly new player concept joining the Columbus! Thomas Jett is a former Starfleet officer and a retired freighter captain who is a civilian on the Columbus. He is played by a long time Shadow Fleet writer as well. I am thrilled that Thomas has decided to bring this unique character to the station.

Once the holidays are over (think early January) I will either end the mini-sode or move it to the holodeck and our regular missions will be commence again. But for now let's enjoy the holidays and a bit of tranquil posting time here on the Starbase Columbus.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hello Columbusites!

So much has happened as we have said goodbye to 2016. We have been inundated with new players:

Former CO, SF vet, and all around party animal Kyle Briggs is joining us as our Chief Engineer and our Strategic Operations Officer. Kyle is going to be playing a Department Head and a CLO officer of the Columbus of sorts, but only in out of character matters. Even though his rank is captain, he is still under the command of myself, Dan, and Mike.

Ensign Shani is joining us in Flight, since someone (finally!) decided to go ahead and make a secondary character. We're lucky to have her.

Octavius Reo is joining our Engineering department as well, and Rosiuh Aviad is now in our Medical department. Both of these players are cadets, friends, and will hopefully form the nucleus of a fun new group here on the Columbus.

Finally, Steve Marshall has joined our Security department. I'm happy he's here.

Our new mission has also begun! It's going to be an intense one and I hope you enjoy it.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Good morning team!

I am very happy to announce a promotion!

Sevoc has been with us since our launch in October. He has fulfilled every requirement asked of him and gone above and beyond in regards to activity and contribution. I am afraid the only recourse is to promote him to Lieutenant Junior Grade! Congrats, Sevoc!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey all, important announcement:

Our mission this month will end January 27th, 2017 (this Friday.) The main plot is more or less completed, with just a few simple posts to get in to close her out. The side plot is also interesting to carry us for a few days.

We have a great deal of transfers coming at the end of the month, not to mention the launch of a new SIMM and an exciting, complex mission for the Columbus for February. Dan, Mike, Kirok and I all feel that we could use a few extra days to get organized for it.

So the new mission will start the same day, the 27th. If you're transferring to the USS Shran I believe Kirok will be starting the new mission for that ship at some point this weekend, as well.

For now, enjoy the week, carry on any side plots or past memories until we close it on Friday.  :)

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hello Starbase Columbus!

We are honored to welcome a returning player to the fold. Alexander Wu has come back to post with us here on the starbase.

He'll be our department head for the JAG office, a unique position for any SIMM. Welcome back Alex!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey everyone!

I'd like to impart some words to those of us leaving to the Shran, which is already up and running under Admiral Kirok.

There is quite a few: Reede, McConnell, Harmon, Zex, Vem, Sevoc, and of course Captain Briggs. I've enjoyed RPing with all of you here on the Columbus. Most of you are personally known to me with your characters and who you are as people, the writers, my fellow Shadow Fleet players. It's been a true privilege and so much fun working with you all. You made the Starbase Columbus work as a SIMM here in the Fleet when not many said it could. And for that I thank you.

Kyle Briggs

I was glad to be able to help out some where during my recovery. Thanks for having me Captain. LLAP

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on January 27, 2017, 01:13:51 AM

I was glad to be able to help out some where during my recovery. Thanks for having me Captain. LLAP

Well said, Kyle! Bon voyage!

It is my singular pleasure to promote someone before they leave us. Jamie McConnell has the soul of an artist and a can do attitude, a rare combination. In my last act as her  commanding officer I hereby promote her to lieutenant commander. Good luck on your new ship, Jamie. 

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey all! We've got a transfer coming aboard.

T'Prina is joining our Science department. I'm very excited to have her aboard. Since this is fairly early on in the mission she's going to be coming aboard immediately.

Malcolm Adeyemi

A wild Safefta appears!

Safefta Pardek is joining our Operations team. Safefta is a Shadow Fleet veteran and we're all lucky to have yet another player aboard the Columbus.

Daniel Howell

Good day all,

Octavius Reo is now appointed as our ship rep! Congratulations!

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.