Personal Log - Leonard T. Scott

Started by Leonard T. Scott, July 04, 2016, 03:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Stardate

It feels nice to actually be aboard a starship. The crew here seems friendly and ready to help me in my journey and growth in Starfleet.

I've already come a long way since I joined Starfleet and can't wait to go even further.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Supplemental.

I was pleasantly surprised to be included on the away mission basically as soon as I set foot on the bridge. I just hope I don't get anyone hurt, or worse. I'll just trust my training and my gut. When this is over, I'll be sure to grab a scotch and relax.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Supplemental

Being down on this planet sure reminds me of being home. The beauty of this planet is nearly it's equal. I am fortunate enough to be here that it almost makes up for being so far from Earth.

I haven't felt this anxious since the Academy, and it's showing. I'm not sure if it's the mission or the fact that I got placed with someone like Lt. Shen. I'm confident that I can keep the feelings in check until the mission is over. I was actually quite surprised at the bravado I showed suggesting a "date" as Cmdr Stafford put it. I need to remember to either pick the times I flirt or hide it better.

Maybe, once her and I are better acquainted, it will be easier. That being said, this does appear to me to be the finest ship in our part of the quadrant.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Supplemental

Well, that didn't go as planned. First, I became affected by whatever the hell was on that colony. I used my natural accent. After the masks, I had to use it again to try and get the Commander back on board. It seemed to work too well as a few stowaways boarded as well.

Once we returned, I got hit with some other less than thrilling news. Jamie has informed me that she is taken. I guess I'll chalk it up to the ignorance of youth. It's going to be hard, but not nearly as difficult as if I'd been lead along. I'm sure the Vulcan half felt the need to keep the infatuation to a minimum. This by no means signals that we won't be friends. I don't know why, but I've always had an easier time making friends with the lasses. I guess it makes the feelings regenerate a little easier.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Stardate 2393.84.

Well, things seem to be moving right along. Epsilon Indi was interesting to say the least. Followed by my promotion to Ensign and that little trip to Risa and I've been a busy man. We got word a few days ago that a new ship was being launched and there would be some new faces coming on board and a few friends were being transferred. I'm not entirely sure what to make of my new OIC, but he will certainly be logical as most Vulcans are. This next mission though seems like its going to be an adventure and a half.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log

Well, it seems I have a budding relationship on my hands. Cat and I have been on quite a few dates. Each one has been better than the last. I'm soon going to take her to the holodeck and run a fun program based on a classical science fiction program. I think she'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log.

Well, it has been awhile since I've made an entry. Things between Cat and I have gone well. She's helped me live with a few things that weren't entirely in my control when we faced off against the Tuscon. The crewmates we lost will not be forgotten. As if that wasn't enough, I had to fight for my life with the mirror version of myself. I don't know if our interaction set him on a different path, but I feel confident that I showed him a better way to live his life.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal log, Stardate 72240.7

I'm not sure where to begin. My Lord, ma heid's mince. Perhaps the start. Somehow I need get this straightened out. I guess it's best to put it here. Cat and I have had our first major spat. I've done all I can think of to try and get things back to how they were. One of the bad things about dating the shops counselor is that you can't really go to her when the issue is with her and I dinnae wanna teach ma Granny tae suck eggs.

Computer, pause.

Leo took a swig of the scotch he'd had in his locker. It had been a hell of a month.

Computer, resume.

It all started when I beamed her out of the Borg cube. She didn't understand that a command decision needed to be made. I had recognized the signature from the emergency beam out and what it implicated. To complicate matters even further, Ash has been assimilated in a way so I was then forced to return her to the cube in order to save us all.

Computer, pause.

He pounded his desk in frustration. He took a deep breath and composed himself.

Computer, resume.

But that's just it. I had to make a tough decision. Let personal feelings get in the way and endanger every bloody person on the shuttle or, at least in the moment, seem callous and save everyone that could be. Thankfully, it proved to be the correct choice. Once we were all rescued, they brought us to Starbase Columbus. Once we got some time alone, Cat went off on me. Call me every bloody Welsh cuss word in the book.

Computer, pause.

Leo sniffled a bit and then wiped his eyes. Was all this really worth it? There was no doubt in his mind he loved her. In a way he was glad they had the time between the end of the run in with the blasted cube and getting the new ship.

Computer, resume.

I tried explaining to her that what I did had to be done. But it was like talking to a brick wall. When she had heard enough, she stormed out of our quarters. I didn't see her again until the launching of the new ship.

Computer, end log entry.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Stardate 72255.1

Today was actually a pretty good day. My duties have increased now that Dylan has left. Cap and Carter seem to think I'm ready for the duties of Second Officer. It's kinda bittersweet though. I wish things were better between myself and Cat.

She's been so distant ever since we got this new ship. If things keep up they way they are, I may see about how things are on other ships. I'll stick it out for as long as I though.

Anyways, I've gotten a chance to meet a few new people. Katheryn, one of our new Sec/Tac officers, is rather nice. I actually kinda spilled my guts out to her, but it was nice to finally tell a real person about my struggles.

After awhile, we're going to be testing the engines. R&D says these things can go to warp 12.

Leonard T. Scott

Personal Log, Stardate 75, no 73. Wait, computer, what day is it?

=/\=The current Stardate is 72524.5=/\=

Wow, it's been seven weeks. Seems like yesterday. I need to tell someone about this. Cat would be too lovey, though I think she already knows what has happened. It's those Betazoid senses.

The Admiral would dryly say I'm not being British enough. Carter, well it's one of those things that would require a few days at bar side of the mess hall. Which brings me to Ash. After she tried to have me way my feelings, she'd probably tell Cat.

Leo scoffed. It was a long hard couple of weeks. He had lost his brother. Aiden and Leo were close. They always had been.

Where should I begin? I guess it'll be when I got the message to return back to Earth. Cat and I had just returned from dinner. Mum had left the message, but vague and a bit sullen. I knew something bad had happened. Aiden enjoyed sailing. Even in this advanced era, there was something about the open sea that called to him. Computer, pause.

Leo had to stop. He paced a bit. He needed time to recover.

Computer, resume. After reviewing the message, I imediately informed the admiral and put in for an emergency leave. I took a shuttle home. I got there as soon as I could, but it was too late. Computer, pause and save.

Leo had to take a break.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.