Fourth SIMM ship class

Started by Cayden McConnell, June 25, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayden McConnell

Okay fellow Fleeters,

As we continue to grow (several new joins and returns this past week), it comes time to choose the ship class for our fourth simm.

So here is what I have for everyone: should our next ship be a small, medium, or large ship class?

Another consideration would be, should we activate the Starbase as an active SIMM?

We will consider all options and just like our Third simm, put together a poll and have you vote on the potential class.

We enjoy your input, so let your voices be heard.

Thanks in advance

(I know Waring, Excelsior class....)

CM

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Malcolm Adeyemi

Definitely something small.

As for the starbase, I don't know when we've tried to do one in the past that has worked as an active SIMM. I like it more where it is now, a place for new players to post while they acclimate to the Fleet.

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 25, 2016, 08:36:50 PM

Definitely something new small.

As for the starbase, I don't know when we've tried to do one in the past that has worked as an active SIMM. I like it more where it is now, a place for new players to post while they acclimate to the Fleet.

Ship class?

Kirok

Cayden,

I have always liked the idea of turning the Starbase into a full fledged SIMM.  It would be the easiest and quickest fix.  We would simply need to start adding people to it!  But I do see Luke's point.

As such, that would be my first choice.  My second would be to start a new SIMM with one of the smaller ships.  I have always loved the Defiant class and the Hornet.  But I would be very happy to see a Saber on the site.

Just my two cents,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jamie McConnell

Make a SIMM in the base. I've always been down with that.

I don't really care about the ship, perhaps a large family ship? Galaxy Class? You guys are the ones that get all excited about size XP

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Malcolm Adeyemi

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Kirok on June 25, 2016, 08:38:51 PM

Cayden,

I have always liked the idea of turning the Starbase into a full fledged SIMM.  It would be the easiest and quickest fix.  We would simply need to start adding people to it!  But I do see Luke's point.

As such, that would be my first choice.  My second would be to start a new SIMM with one of the smaller ships.  I have always loved the Defiant class and the Hornet.  But I would be very happy to see a Saber on the site.

Just my two cents,

Kirok

Currently assigned to the Starbase (much like on DS9) we have a Defiant class support vessel and may be adding another vessel.

I do understand the concern of writing from a stationary place. It would take some talented writers to drive that simm along and make it fun.

My preference for the fourth SIMM would be a Rhode Island Variant of the Nova Class.

At 180m it would be small and is considered a science vessel.

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 25, 2016, 08:46:26 PM

Currently assigned to the Starbase (much like on DS9) we have a Defiant class support vessel and may be adding another vessel.

I do understand the concern of writing from a stationary place. It would take some talented writers to drive that simm along and make it fun.

My preference for the fourth SIMM would be a Rhode Island Variant of the Nova Class.

At 180m it would be small and is considered a science vessel.

No monster size meant for battle?? I like the science ship angle I was just thinking that.,,

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Malcolm Adeyemi

I served on a Nova, and it was a pleasure to RP.

Chris Newberry

Sabre and that second support class ship for the Starbase will be a RI anyways. Along with extending the boards for a dry dock of all the ships in Task Group Bravo right now.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Lizzie Vaughan

I think a Nova class or maybe something older like a Miranda class

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Cayden McConnell

To clarify before I get chided again, this fourth SIMM will be added eventually. This suggestion topic is merely to get everyone's opinion as to what class they may like to see.

Thanks again.

Dylan Torngate

A) Medium ship, such as an older cruiser.

B) No, keep Starbase as a transfer point where people can go to get acclimated or just as another place to post when they feel like, as a drop in place

C)
1st: Ambassador Class
2nd: Excelsior Class (whoooooooooooooooo)
3rd: New Orleans Class or Norway Class

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Chris Newberry

Just for you Dylan, I will have a Consitution or Excelisor Class ship brought back from the mothball shipyard in sol system for Task Group Bravo.....

Sometime next year.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

William Waring

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 25, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Okay fellow Fleeters,

As we continue to grow (several new joins and returns this past week), it comes time to choose the ship class for our fourth simm.

So here is what I have for everyone: should our next ship be a small, medium, or large ship class?

Another consideration would be, should we activate the Starbase as an active SIMM?

We will consider all options and just like our Third simm, put together a poll and have you vote on the potential class.

We enjoy your input, so let your voices be heard.

Thanks in advance

(I know Waring, Excelsior class....)

CM

You know me so well! :D
An Ambassador Class (Kudos to Dylan for the Ambassador/Excelsior Combo). It is smaller then a Galaxy but bigger (and newer) then an Excelsior. It's highly possible also that they could still be in service considering how long ships of older classes (Excelsior & Co) were and are in service.

RESERVED

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.