News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Personal Log - Dr. Jamie Shen

Started by Jamie McConnell, June 01, 2016, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie McConnell

[b]Stardate:  [/b]
[center][b]Entry....[/b][/center]

[b] ....end log[/b]

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Jamie McConnell

Stardate:  70417.57

Entry....
*smiles*

New ship, new structure, new everything, but still some very old ideas coming to surface

*holds out a dead ant and pouts*

This little guy didn't make it, but its a good example of what I'll be working on.  I just need to get my ducks in a row.

*grins and puts dead ant down, looks excited into the screen*

So, nanites.  I did as much research as I could on them but I don't have the skills to create my vision, so I am enlisting help from among the crew.  Dr. Sugg..Soorr...Ruth!  She set me up with a couple of eggheads...

*clears throat*

...I mean, scientists that can help, and I have yet to meet Dr. Belmont.  She seems nice enough, and very pretty.

*messes with her dark hair*

Too pretty!

*narrows eyes and grins*

And of course one of the junior engineers, Dylan Thorngate.  Nice name, and he seems like a very smart young man.  I think I'll be good.  Still have to meet with them and set up the rest of it.

*counts off on her fingers*

Supplies, lab equipment, lab space....oh and the last bit of it is finding the proper consultant.  Oh I did get a name...one Cayden McConnell.  His record, well...

*shrugs and chuckles*

...the bit I could actually read, is very impressive.  He'd be the perfect consultant for this project, I just hope he accepts my offer to talk, then I think I can rope him in.  I mean...who doesn't want a better way to treat combat wounds during battle?  It's the most stressful situation for a medic.

*waves hand*

Anyway, I've sent him some correspondence and have yet to hear from him.  Still, the way subspace moves and the proper channels....

*sighs*

....I think I'll hear from him.   But I also have Raynor, and he seems pretty experienced himself, even if he does like flowers.

*chuckles*

Okay, I need to sleep a bit, I look terrible with dark circles; and I need to see to my ants before I start my shift.  Night!

....end log

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 03, 2016, 01:14:41 AM

Ensign Shen,

I received your request for correspondence and am happy to answer whatever questions you have for me. I don't get many requests from doctors, so I hope I can answer your questions to your liking. I am currently stationed on Starbase Columbus, so feel free to send a transmission when you have time. I look forward to answering your questions.

Sincerely,

Commander Cayden McConnell

Stardate:  70420.03
Entry....
I woke up this morning and had this in my messages inbox.

*grins and dries hair, raking her fingers through it*

I am so excited Commander McConnell accepted my invitation to discuss this project.  Perhaps with his help I can write my thesis and get permission to go through with it.  It would be a side project for now, and I'll need to have a working prototype but I don't see why not.

*chews on her bottom lip*

Now I need to think about what to say to him. This is going to take some thought, can't just blurt out the first thing that comes into my mind.

*chuckles*

That has often ended badly.  Anyway, got to get ready for the day, can't check on my ants today since the Botany Lab is being fitted for radiation shields.  And I have tons of inoculations to perform.

*smiles with excitement*

....end log

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Jamie McConnell

Stardate: 70436.52

Entry....
*smiles into the monitor*

Well, there has been some good back and forth between me and Commander Cayden McConnell.  He's a very interesting man to say the least.

*lifts eyebrows*

To say the most, really good looking as well.  If not just a little grumpy, but I can't blame him.  His service record has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

*nods and looks distant*

So to quench my curiosity I've developed a holodeck program using his image and creating his personality from whatever I could find in the computer.  I mean I'm still going to be sending him subspace messages, but just filtering them through the holodeck image.  Anyway, I like the way his eyes sparkle under the Holodeck lights.

*sighs*

In other news, my father has messaged me that he wants to talk to me in person.  I've scheduled a trip to Vulcan on my next shore leave.  I can guess what he wants.

*rolls eyes*

Probably has some Vulcan guy lined up to become my betrothed.

*winces*

No thank you, Dad, if that's the reason why you want to talk to me.  I prefer human, hell, I prefer Ferengi to Vulcan.

*leans in and whispers*

They're only interesting during Pon Far

*leans back*

Anyway, I'm going to send him a message stating that however much seeing him is 'agreeable', I have no interest in becoming engaged with a Vulcan.

*nods*

So, that's that.  I've sent my mother a message but she has yet to respond.  She's probably busy deep in a forest or jungle or some place.  Sometimes I miss working with her, but I can't really leave the stars.

*smiles*

Have to head to bed, goodnight.

....end log

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Jamie McConnell

Stardate:  70527.35

Entry....
Quote from: Cayden McConnell on July 12, 2016, 05:47:56 AM

Message Begins

Cayden appears onscreen in a black t-shirt with a white shield on the left breast.

"Hi...I...uhm....I..uhm, wanted to say hello. After our last date and the uhm.....activities afterward and then you rushing off to leave with the Athena, I hadn't had a chance to send you a message."

Smiling for a second, he continued.

"I really...really enjoyed our last date and the next time you are on the Starbase, we will have to do it again."

Chuckling to himself, he continued.

"I hope you are doing well out there and that you are settling in with your crewmates. I myself have just returned from a two week run around a nearby nebula with the Monitor. Not much to see and not much to do."

Looking down at his hands, he fidgets with his fingers, nervously.

"So, I know we are light-years apart and you may not be interested in this but I was wondering if you might be interested in...uhm...maybe you might be interested in...you know.....possibly dating? I know we only know each other through correspondence and a few good days around one another....and one really good night." He says, smiling at the screen.

"I just think that we may have something...special. Something that I'd like to see if it might be able to grow into something more."

Looking away from the screen, he continued.

"Of course, I will understand if you aren't interested in a long distance relationship or if you just want to leave it where it is now..."

Shaking his head, he faces the screen and straightens his shirt.

"I look forward to hearing from you and hope this message finds you well. Oh and you left some..uhm..clothes here as well. I'll be sure to get them back to you. They are...blue."

Reaching forward, he touches the screen and it goes dark.

Message Ends

I responded to him, but as you can see the interest is there.  I'm not ashamed of what I did, it just felt right.

*shrugs *

And I'd do it again, with Cayden.

*laughs and rakes fingers through hair*

Oh, I hope I know what I'm getting myself into.  I hope he knows what he's getting into.  Anyway, I thought I'd put that in my daily logs because well, its more than note worthy.  So I suppose I'm officially dating a Commander.

*grins and waggles eyebrows*

So many hearts will be broken, I know, but not mine, not tonight anyway.

....end log

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Jamie McConnell

Stardate:  71677.51

Entry....
*sighs*

Well I'm liking my current assignment.  The USS Tempest is a gorgeous ship with a great crew and I'm getting along well; but I am missing Cayden a great deal.

*chuckles*

I have a feeling this log is going to be crammed full of my whining about Cayden.  I just...just didn't think I'd fall for anyone so early in my life, let alone in love...yeah I think that's what I am.  I am in love with Cayden McConnell...

*looks into the monitor*

I should be shot and taken out of my misery!  To make things worse, he's out on special assignment and I haven't heard from him at all.

*smirks*

I mean he has spoiled me with his constant communication and I tend to now feel the 'right' to hear from him constantly.

*shrugs*

Still, I am aware that we both have duties to fulfill and I just have to be patient.  I-I just hate being so far from him.  Perhaps, in the near future, both our careers can unite and we can work together.  Perhaps even to the point where, yeah during the day we'll be busy but at night ....

*grins*
....well that's for more private logs.

....end log

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.