Author Topic: A Long Time Coming (Will/Ruth)  (Read 19205 times)

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Three year award Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A Long Time Coming (Will/Ruth)
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 07:29:51 pm »
Ruth chuckled.  "Not a good time to tell you I have a jet black cat back home in Norway then?  I wouldn't move him, he's like 15 years old and too set in his ways to move him out bless him, same reason I never brought him to space."

She smiled, "Dogs are fine, I'm a fan of larger dogs like labradors, border or bearded collies, lurchers, alsatians and sled dogs like huskies, but anything short of what my Dad calls 'hairy rats on strings with bling' aka stupidly tiny pampered handbag chihuahuas with diamond collars that are called 'Mommies little precious'... don't get one of them and you're fine you can have any kind of dog you like!!  I like spaniels, I like beagles too!"

Snuggling up against Will's chest she was getting sleepy "Either I've got to move to my own room soon or I'll end up sleeping here and that might cause... talk!  Oh and the horses, I love riding.  I'd like to find out the differences between Western riding and European riding.  I'm told there are different styles!"
[Quarters]

He gave a chuckle "You must be a fan of having your soul stared into then. That doesn't happen when you have a dog though. Nothing but unconditional love all the time. My crewmate back on the freighter had a dog onboard. Victor Love was his name, the dog not the Crewmate! No joke." He paused and took a breath "Sadly I can't help you with the horseback riding. Never set foot on Earth nevermind a Stable. Now as for sleep, that I can help you with. I can put you up for the night if you are so inclined. I have extra pillows and a blanket the drawer. My bed is pretty Spartan. If you would prefer your own quarters I can walk you there. Your choice." He gave her a sly smile and adjusted himself ever so slightly.
RESERVED

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
[Quarters]

He gave a chuckle "You must be a fan of having your soul stared into then. That doesn't happen when you have a dog though. Nothing but unconditional love all the time. My crewmate back on the freighter had a dog onboard. Victor Love was his name, the dog not the Crewmate! No joke." He paused and took a breath "Sadly I can't help you with the horseback riding. Never set foot on Earth nevermind a Stable. Now as for sleep, that I can help you with. I can put you up for the night if you are so inclined. I have extra pillows and a blanket the drawer. My bed is pretty Spartan. If you would prefer your own quarters I can walk you there. Your choice." He gave her a sly smile and adjusted himself ever so slightly.

"Sleep that knits up the raveled sleave of care, The death of each day's life, sore labor's bath, Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course, Chief nourisher in life's feast...." quoted Ruth.

"Or maybe I should misquote the Bard instead, To stay or not to stay that is the question.  It really depends if you want the whole crew talking about it by the morning and if you want to make our relationship that public that's fine.  I don't know how the Captian will take it either although so long as we're on duty on time and performing said duty, I don't think she'd be that bothered.  It's not like we're going to be doing the horizontal mambo on the Bridge!  Your call." she said, trying and failing to stifle a yawn.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Three year award Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 05:38:06 am »
"Sleep that knits up the raveled sleave of care, The death of each day's life, sore labor's bath, Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course, Chief nourisher in life's feast...." quoted Ruth.

"Or maybe I should misquote the Bard instead, To stay or not to stay that is the question.  It really depends if you want the whole crew talking about it by the morning and if you want to make our relationship that public that's fine.  I don't know how the Captian will take it either although so long as we're on duty on time and performing said duty, I don't think she'd be that bothered.  It's not like we're going to be doing the horizontal mambo on the Bridge!  Your call." she said, trying and failing to stifle a yawn.
[Quarters]

"Look, I'm the Chief of Ops. There isn't anything on this ship that I don't know about. Should anyone say anything about us I can stop it before it starts rumors." While he spoke he carefully moved Ruth from him so he could get up. Once up he moved to a chest of drawers, opened it up and took out two pillows and a comforter before heading to the side of the bed Ruth was at.

He set the things down and took a deep breath "I would very well like for you to stay the night here with me. Perhaps with you here I could sleep a full night without those terrors I told you about?" He took a step away from the bed and shook his head "That can't be very comfortable to sleep in." He gave a grin as he motioned to Ruth's current attire "Then again I'm not exactly dressed for bed either." He shook his again and started to head towards his bathroom. "I am going to get cleaned up before I turn in for the night. Feel free to help yourself to some nightclothes from the replicator or my drawers if you are staying." He finished just as the doors closed to the bathroom.
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 05:39:44 pm »
[Quarters]

"Look, I'm the Chief of Ops. There isn't anything on this ship that I don't know about. Should anyone say anything about us I can stop it before it starts rumors." While he spoke he carefully moved Ruth from him so he could get up. Once up he moved to a chest of drawers, opened it up and took out two pillows and a comforter before heading to the side of the bed Ruth was at.

He set the things down and took a deep breath "I would very well like for you to stay the night here with me. Perhaps with you here I could sleep a full night without those terrors I told you about?" He took a step away from the bed and shook his head "That can't be very comfortable to sleep in." He gave a grin as he motioned to Ruth's current attire "Then again I'm not exactly dressed for bed either." He shook his again and started to head towards his bathroom. "I am going to get cleaned up before I turn in for the night. Feel free to help yourself to some nightclothes from the replicator or my drawers if you are staying." He finished just as the doors closed to the bathroom.

Ruth was too tired to protest, and she knew all they would be doing was snuggling and sleeping, that's how tired she was.  Groggily she got out of bed when Will went to the bathroom and knowing she'd probably end up wearing somthing that resembled a coffee mug or something if she tried ordering something from the replicator in her current tired state, she rifled through the drawers and found a way to big for her but baggy and comfortable sports jersey and stripped off and put that on.

She snuggled down under the covers and waited for Will to come back from the bathroom.

"Found this, " she said simply, "...hope you don't mind.  Girlfriends seem to have a habit of ending up wearing their boyfriends sports jerseys and then erm 'borrowing' them... on permanent loan!" she finished giggling.  "Besides, it kinda smells of you, in a good way. And that was comforting even if you were only in the bathroom I started to miss you!  So if I can help drive away these demons for you then so be it!"

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 06:21:44 pm »
Ruth was too tired to protest, and she knew all they would be doing was snuggling and sleeping, that's how tired she was.  Groggily she got out of bed when Will went to the bathroom and knowing she'd probably end up wearing somthing that resembled a coffee mug or something if she tried ordering something from the replicator in her current tired state, she rifled through the drawers and found a way to big for her but baggy and comfortable sports jersey and stripped off and put that on.

She snuggled down under the covers and waited for Will to come back from the bathroom.

"Found this, " she said simply, "...hope you don't mind.  Girlfriends seem to have a habit of ending up wearing their boyfriends sports jerseys and then erm 'borrowing' them... on permanent loan!" she finished giggling.  "Besides, it kinda smells of you, in a good way. And that was comforting even if you were only in the bathroom I started to miss you!  So if I can help drive away these demons for you then so be it!"
[Quarters]

Will exited the bathroom wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. "Of course I don't mind" he said making his way to his side of the bed and laid on top of the blanket.

=A= Computer Dim Lights Hundred Percent =A=

(Time Jump to the next day if you are so inclined :) )
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 07:11:20 pm »
[Quarters]

Will exited the bathroom wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. "Of course I don't mind" he said making his way to his side of the bed and laid on top of the blanket.

=A= Computer Dim Lights Hundred Percent =A=

(Time Jump to the next day if you are so inclined :) )

[0530 Following Morning - Will's Quarters]

Ruth moved in her sluggish waking up way and wondered where the heck she was, and there was a man in bed with her.  She was about to scream when she figured it out, settled down and moved onto her side. 

Will was still asleep so she snuggled in and put her arm over him to cuddle, resting her cheek against his back.

'I could get used to this!' she thought sleepily, before dropping off once again.

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 01:58:23 am »
[0530 Following Morning - Will's Quarters]

Ruth moved in her sluggish waking up way and wondered where the heck she was, and there was a man in bed with her.  She was about to scream when she figured it out, settled down and moved onto her side. 

Will was still asleep so she snuggled in and put her arm over him to cuddle, resting her cheek against his back.

'I could get used to this!' she thought sleepily, before dropping off once again.
[Quarters]

Will was woken from his sleep by an arm being placed over him. He let out a groan as he rolled to face Ruth who appeared to be asleep still. "Nice sight to see in the morning." He slowly slid out of bed and went to the replicator.

"Bagel with Coffee, black." The replicator complied and he took his food to his desk where he read the reports from the night shift Ops Chief. He didn't know how long she would sleep from and certainly didn't want to wake her.
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »
[Quarters]

Will was woken from his sleep by an arm being placed over him. He let out a groan as he rolled to face Ruth who appeared to be asleep still. "Nice sight to see in the morning." He slowly slid out of bed and went to the replicator.

"Bagel with Coffee, black." The replicator complied and he took his food to his desk where he read the reports from the night shift Ops Chief. He didn't know how long she would sleep from and certainly didn't want to wake her.

"Oi,..." muttered a tousled red mop of hair from the mound of duvet and pillows on the bed "...what happened to breakfast in bed and service with a smile?! Do I have to get my own breakfast?!" Ruth teased from the bed.

"So, did you sleep better?!  Do we have to ask the doctor for a repeat prescription of redheaded bed mate for the purposes of dream demon-slaying?! ... and dispensation from the Captain to turn a blind eye to us sleeping together!"

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 05:58:28 pm »
"Oi,..." muttered a tousled red mop of hair from the mound of duvet and pillows on the bed "...what happened to breakfast in bed and service with a smile?! Do I have to get my own breakfast?!" Ruth teased from the bed.

"So, did you sleep better?!  Do we have to ask the doctor for a repeat prescription of redheaded bed mate for the purposes of dream demon-slaying?! ... and dispensation from the Captain to turn a blind eye to us sleeping together!"
[Quarters]

Will had just taken a bite from his bagel when he heard Ruth wake. "I didn't know you would be hungry at 0530 but I do make a mean omelet." He got up and moved to the replicator "Raktajino and three egg omelet with cheese". He took the plate and drink and made his way to the bed "One Omelet and Rakatajino for the beautiful Redhead. Compliments of the chef." He gave her a smile and gave her a kiss "I did sleep very well and I thank you. I didn't have any night terrors but I did have a dream. First time in years. It was refreshing to say the least." He looked down at the plate and laughed "I hope you like egg or I am going to seem like the biggest dunce."
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 06:17:52 pm »
[Quarters]

Will had just taken a bite from his bagel when he heard Ruth wake. "I didn't know you would be hungry at 0530 but I do make a mean omelet." He got up and moved to the replicator "Raktajino and three egg omelet with cheese". He took the plate and drink and made his way to the bed "One Omelet and Rakatajino for the beautiful Redhead. Compliments of the chef." He gave her a smile and gave her a kiss "I did sleep very well and I thank you. I didn't have any night terrors but I did have a dream. First time in years. It was refreshing to say the least." He looked down at the plate and laughed "I hope you like egg or I am going to seem like the biggest dunce."

"Or have egg on your face?!" Ruth teased, sitting up so she could take the omelette off Will.  "It's perfectly fine, I love egg and this looks good.  So, this dream..." she patted the bed beside her.  "...was it a good one? Tell me about it?"

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 07:29:31 pm »
"Or have egg on your face?!" Ruth teased, sitting up so she could take the omelette off Will.  "It's perfectly fine, I love egg and this looks good.  So, this dream..." she patted the bed beside her.  "...was it a good one? Tell me about it?"
[Quarters]

As Ruth began to eat her breakfast he spoke "Well" he began, thinking back to the dream "There was me, obviously, you, Kyle, T'Lara and Vinnie. It was our wedding." He paused to let her take it in "Kyle was my best man and you had Vinnie and T'Lara as your bridesmaids. Oh I almost forgot! The Captain was officiating it. It was held back on Starbase and everything." He shook his head "I realized it was a dream when I saw child run to you after the ceremony. Hair as red as yours. Apparently ours." He shrugged his shoulders "Then I woke up. Nothing really after that. Well except me serving you now."
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 07:53:29 pm »
[Quarters]

As Ruth began to eat her breakfast he spoke "Well" he began, thinking back to the dream "There was me, obviously, you, Kyle, T'Lara and Vinnie. It was our wedding." He paused to let her take it in "Kyle was my best man and you had Vinnie and T'Lara as your bridesmaids. Oh I almost forgot! The Captain was officiating it. It was held back on Starbase and everything." He shook his head "I realized it was a dream when I saw child run to you after the ceremony. Hair as red as yours. Apparently ours." He shrugged his shoulders "Then I woke up. Nothing really after that. Well except me serving you now."

Ruth giggled "So is that what you want? Marriage? And what will we call the mini-me?!" she said carefully eating some more of the delicious omelette.

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 04:47:58 am »
Ruth giggled "So is that what you want? Marriage? And what will we call the mini-me?!" she said carefully eating some more of the delicious omelette.
[Bridge]

"Well I'm certainly not going to rush things. We need to at least have shared quarters first." He posed a joke but he really didn't want to rush things. He wanted it to be nature. He didn't want to mess things up. "Children are wishful thinking my dear Ruth. That mission, remember." He shivered as he was remembered of what happened back then "Even if I wanted to, you know..." He knew she pick up and moved swiftly on "I don't think I would be able to because of those injuries. But if we did have a child it would either be William if a boy, obviously, or Levinia if a girl." He stopped to think "i don't mean to get sidetracked but I just realized I haven't heard from Vinnie in forever. But such is the life as a Doctor I suppose. Still, I like the name Levinia if we had a daughter. Levinia Waring. Has a ring to it doesn't it? Almost as good a Ruth Waring." He gave her a smile as he slid himself along the bed and next to Ruth.
RESERVED

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 07:57:02 pm »
[Bridge]

"Well I'm certainly not going to rush things. We need to at least have shared quarters first." He posed a joke but he really didn't want to rush things. He wanted it to be nature. He didn't want to mess things up. "Children are wishful thinking my dear Ruth. That mission, remember." He shivered as he was remembered of what happened back then "Even if I wanted to, you know..." He knew she pick up and moved swiftly on "I don't think I would be able to because of those injuries. But if we did have a child it would either be William if a boy, obviously, or Levinia if a girl." He stopped to think "i don't mean to get sidetracked but I just realized I haven't heard from Vinnie in forever. But such is the life as a Doctor I suppose. Still, I like the name Levinia if we had a daughter. Levinia Waring. Has a ring to it doesn't it? Almost as good a Ruth Waring." He gave her a smile as he slid himself along the bed and next to Ruth.

"Got it all planned out conveniently bar the conception bit then.  Who's going to be best man!" she teased.

"Seriously, medical science has come a long way, I'm sure that they can do something, and chase Vinnie up, I'm sure she would have responded if you'd bothered to write to her... hmmmm?!"

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 10:05:15 pm »
"Got it all planned out conveniently bar the conception bit then.  Who's going to be best man!" she teased.

"Seriously, medical science has come a long way, I'm sure that they can do something, and chase Vinnie up, I'm sure she would have responded if you'd bothered to write to her... hmmmm?!"
[Quarters]

"All planned out. A man who never sleeps always has too much time on his hands. I assume you mean best man for the wedding? It would definitely be Kyle." He leaned his head back until he hit the headboard "I would write to Vinnie if I knew where she was. I don't know if she is back on Earth or the Moon or even stationed at a Starbase." He shrugged his shoulders "I don't just want to send out a letter and hope it finds her either. God knows Starfleet takes it good old time finding someone. I wouldn't want anyone but Vinnie doing my medical. I don't trust anyone else as much as I do her."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:07:10 pm by William Waring »
RESERVED

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles