Author Topic: Alt Volunteers Needed  (Read 2965 times)

Archangel Koris

Alt Volunteers Needed
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:59:25 pm »
Ladies, gentlemen and variations thereof,

I'm sure that everyone assigned to a ship has, by now, noticed that the departments are overstaffed, which can make playing somewhat difficult!

In the next few days, we aim to bring online the starbase, which will serve (in the interim) as a platform for people to play new characters while waiting for a good time to jump into a mission, or for alternate characters without a place to go.  There will be no scripted missions run on the starbase, but players are encouraged to run their own between them or engage in holodeck-type stories.

While waiting for our first mission to end, we would like to ask for volunteers to place their alternate characters on the starbase to give primary characters the chance to breathe a little in their departments.  This is by no means a permanent placement, but simply a manner of lightening the crew rosters on the ship.  Once the third ship is put online, we will be able to balance out the rosters far better with all of the characters.

I would like to ask for volunteers to place their alternate characters on the starbase for the duration of the first mission.  Please post their names below.

Thank you,
Archangel T'Koris.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alt Volunteers Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 08:09:18 pm »
Ladies, gentlemen and variations thereof,

I'm sure that everyone assigned to a ship has, by now, noticed that the departments are overstaffed, which can make playing somewhat difficult!

In the next few days, we aim to bring online the starbase, which will serve (in the interim) as a platform for people to play new characters while waiting for a good time to jump into a mission, or for alternate characters without a place to go.  There will be no scripted missions run on the starbase, but players are encouraged to run their own between them or engage in holodeck-type stories.

While waiting for our first mission to end, we would like to ask for volunteers to place their alternate characters on the starbase to give primary characters the chance to breathe a little in their departments.  This is by no means a permanent placement, but simply a manner of lightening the crew rosters on the ship.  Once the third ship is put online, we will be able to balance out the rosters far better with all of the characters.

I would like to ask for volunteers to place their alternate characters on the starbase for the duration of the first mission.  Please post their names below.

Thank you,
Archangel T'Koris.

I'll put Kachina on the Starbase if you want.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Louisa Willow

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 11:36:24 pm »
As I've said in my app, I request to be placed on the starbase. Just thought I'd put this here for reference.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:59:23 am »
Please place Derek Black into the Starbase. Thank you.

Offline Raynor Hughes

• Deceased/Retired
  • Realest Klingon in the room.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »
Raynor can post there.  Probably get into some kind of trouble or another.

Klingon/Terran hybrid.  For full bio, just click the ridges.
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to see your own soul. - old Earth proverb

Offline Tavana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • The enemy of my enemy is the enemy I'll kill last.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »
Tavana would like to work in the sickbay. 

"Yes I'm a doctor."

Offline Raynor Hughes

• Deceased/Retired
  • Realest Klingon in the room.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 10:35:38 pm »
Tavana would like to work in the sickbay.

We can butt heads!  Literally.

Klingon/Terran hybrid.  For full bio, just click the ridges.
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to see your own soul. - old Earth proverb

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »
uh oh..... two Klingons on the same starbase.... I think my character going to die by heart attack.... heh. Just kidding but it should be interesting.

Update: I've made the starbase roster public. Your ranks are included in it if you weren't assigned one yet.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:13:45 pm by Chris Newberry »
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Kejal Buris

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 05:58:03 am »
I have no problem with Arlan Opran moving to SB duty temporarily.

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 07:37:37 am »
I have no problem with Arlan Opran moving to SB duty temporarily.

kk, I'll talk with Briggs or Wu tomorrow when I wake up before updating the roster.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Korlas

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 09:03:29 pm »
I do not have an alt but I'd like to create one for the Starbase. I have an idea for a new character, but I think I'd have to make sure this character would have to be run by whoever handles character approval.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 09:09:51 pm »
I do not have an alt but I'd like to create one for the Starbase. I have an idea for a new character, but I think I'd have to make sure this character would have to be run by whoever handles character approval.

Hi Korlas, please send Cayden McConnella PM with your proposal, he'll get back to you regarding limitations/allowances.

Cheers,

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Korlas

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:16 pm »
Hi Korlas, please send Cayden McConnella PM with your proposal, he'll get back to you regarding limitations/allowances.

Cheers,

Thank you!

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 10:10:38 pm »
If you still need an engineer or security officer,  I have one character who could fill that spot. 

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles