Author Topic: Personal Log - Kyle Briggs  (Read 1260 times)

Kyle Briggs

Personal Log - Kyle Briggs
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:30:29 am »
Well. I've made it. My very first Command. They've given me an Akira class named the Discovery. I've been reading the files on her and man do I have some big shoes to fill. This ship has seen it all. I've got some old crew members from previous postings and some new ones I'll have to get to know. This is gonna be way different from anything I've ever done before. I hope I can handle it. Things should go rather smoothly. I was lucky enough to draw Alexander Wu as my Exec. I briefly served with him about the Arizona before transferring off. I believe he's a good man judging from just the little bit of time we worked together. And he has an impeccable service record. And our Second Officer is my old friend, Will Waring. Between the three of us, I believe there's nothing we can't handle.

Kyle Briggs

Re: Personal Log - Kyle Briggs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:17:39 am »
Begin recording

It's been a while since I've recorded one of these. I guess I should catch them up and stay on it. We've just completed our third mission. It wasn't too bad. Just had to send down a couple of teams to clear up a mess made by the Observer Team we had there. Everyone did really great. I'm very proud of and honored to be working with this crew.

*Takes a swallow of his Ktarian beer*

We've only got about two more days before we head out on our next mission. It's just a simple Diplomatic transportation gig. Shouldn't have any issues. It'll give Security time to run drills and Engineering time for any minor upgrades we need.

*Another swallow*

I guess that's part of my job as well. Make sure we get what's needed. I tell you, this whole CO thing is a lot harder than any of my former Captain's made it seem. I used to talk smack about Tulley sitting in his cushioned chair and just barking orders. But I must admit, I watched and learned a lot. Even picked up a few things here and there from Gardner. But if I'm to be honest, I think Cayden helped prepare me the most. I'll have to buy him a beer next time we're at Columbus.

*Finishes beer*

Well. It's getting late and I'm back on shift in about six hours so I better crash. I promise not to wait so long to record another one of these things.

End Recording

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:47:59 am »
Kyle entered his room and dropped down into the chair at his desk to start a new log. He looked around his new quarters as he activated the system.

"Well. Another day of physical therapy in the books." he said as he rotated his shoulder. "My ribs are completely healed and the memory loss has diminished as well. My arm is the only thing left for me to work on. Doc says it's coming along just fine. In fact, they released me to report to full duty tomorrow. I'll finally meet my new CO. A Captain Stafford. I haven't had the opportunity to serve with him before but I've read his records and have a few friends that have. He seems like a straight arrow kind of guy. Oh yeah. My "New CO". Sounds funny, huh? I've been stationed on the Starbase Columbus as Captain of Engineering and Strategic Operations Officer. I'm not ready for my own command just yet and this was also a way for me to retain my rank. But the Brass has told me that it was all in my hands. When I'm back and ready, the Disco is mine once again. I'll get there. For now, I'll make the most of the chance that's been given to me."

Kyle ended the recording and began removing the sweaty close he was wearing. He needed a shower and then was going to find a drink.

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:01:16 pm »
Kyle entered his new quarters aboard the Tempest. He couldn't help but think back to his younger days when he was the Chief Engineer on another Galaxy class starship. This brought a small smile to his face. Something he hadn't done in the last few months. Actually, since he had resigned his commission to return home in order to help his mother with his father's funeral. Liv had been a huge help to have around. And Elijah brought many smiles to his Grandmother's face in this difficult time. Kyle smiled again at the thought of his wife and son. They were set to arrive any day now. He had taken an earlier shuttle in order to get back to work as soon as possible. He dropped his travel bag on the floor.

"Computer. Log my arrival with the duty officer." he said. "And make sure the ship's doctor knows as well so they can schedule my physical."

With that out of the way, he stripped down for a shower and a fresh uniform before heading to the Bridge to report in to his new Commanding Officers.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles