Season 5, Mission 05: Dawn, Part I

Started by kawolsky, January 04, 2009, 12:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

MISSION START: 4th January, 2009

"Captain's Log, stardate 63010.2. Since we're running low on supplies, I have ordered that we stop at a Class M planet rich in natural vegetation. It will be a welcome change for the crew to get off the ship for a few hours and the prospect of eating real food for a few days is more than appealing"

*The shuttlecraft was packed with people. Among the science teams was Kawolsky, Bradley and Greegy. The Captain had been itching to get down to the planet since the moment long-range sensors detected it and his stubborn first officer wasn't going to change his mind. Besides, Commander Brown had everything under control on the Discovery and there was no expected danger on the planet - as far as they could tell, it was uninhabited.*

"Shuttle one, you are cleared to launch"  came the voice of a young man

"Understood"  Kawolsky replied  "Launching now"

*Kawolsky nodded to Bradley, who was at the helm controls of the shuttle*

Shelaf Greegy

Shelaf leaned back in his chair in the shuttle. He was looking forward to visiting a planet, but he had that familiar bad feeling.

"Remind me again? Why did I leave the ship?" He asked.

nikolai

=^= "Brack, I know Black is in your command but I thought it would be wise to intoduce the privates to each other.  Would you agree? sense they would be working together." =^= Nik asked Brack over the comm.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on January 04, 2009, 02:10:17 PM

Shelaf leaned back in his chair in the shuttle. He was looking forward to visiting a planet, but he had that familiar bad feeling.

"Remind me again? Why did I leave the ship?" He asked.

Scott smiled as he guided the shuttle down to the planet surface. He took his time, no need to rush as they where out of the way of any nubarri patrols.

" I dont know why we brought you either chief, you dont have much luck on away missions. But theres nothing to worry about, this place is deserted.

a nice excuse for a walk. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on January 04, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

Scott smiled as he guided the shuttle down to the planet surface. He took his time, no need to rush as they where out of the way of any nubarri patrols.

" I dont know why we brought you either chief, you dont have much luck on away missions. But theres nothing to worry about, this place is deserted.

"Deserted? So was the last planet. guess you need someone here with experience in going on away missions that end in disaster."

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on January 04, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

*Kawolsky leaned back in his chair and thought about how nice it was to have Nubarri territory lightyears behind them.*

"Set us down over there, by the treeline"  he said, pointing through the cockpit window

Julien Brack

Quote from: Nikolai Nechayev on January 04, 2009, 02:15:57 PM

=^= "Brack, I know Black is in your command but I thought it would be wise to intoduce the privates to each other.  Would you agree? sense they would be working together." =^= Nik asked Brack over the comm.

*Brack was walking down the corridor towards the mess hall when Nikolai had contacted him*

"Yes, Lieutenant. That's fine. Thank you for notifying me first"

nikolai

Quote from: Julien Brack on January 04, 2009, 02:39:48 PM

*Brack was walking down the corridor towards the mess hall when Nikolai had contacted him*

=^= "Private Clarke, Black and Mirwald report to your office imediately." =^= Nik said tapping the comm on his desk.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on January 04, 2009, 02:34:36 PM

*Kawolsky leaned back in his chair and thought about how nice it was to have Nubarri territory lightyears behind them.*

"Set us down over there, by the treeline"  he said, pointing through the cockpit window

Scott followed his orders and set the shuttle down. He opened the hatch at the rear, and the crew walked out. They gathered around the entrance and waited for kawolsky to give the briefing.

Scott looked out across the green landscape. it had been so long since he set foot on land. And something about this planet reminded him of home.

" So sir, whats the plan? "

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on January 04, 2009, 02:48:42 PM

Scott followed his orders and set the shuttle down. He opened the hatch at the rear, and the crew walked out. They gathered around the entrance and waited for kawolsky to give the briefing.

Scott looked out across the green landscape. it had been so long since he set foot on land. And something about this planet reminded him of home.

" So sir, whats the plan? "

*Kawolsky affixed a tricorder to his uniform as he gave his brief*

"First things first. We need to survey the vegetation, see if it is suitable for consumption."

*The Captain picked up a data PADD from the rear of the shuttlecraft. It listed the names of everyone who had come to the surface. There were seven people from the science department, plus Bradley, Greegy and himself.*

"Alright, Ensigns Mathews and Darol and Petty Officer Martinez, sensors have detected what looks like fruit trees to the east. All the information is in you tricorders."

*He turned to the other four science personnel*

"Jeffreys, Andrews, Makepeace and Reeves, I need you to check out the area to the west."  he said  "Alright people, we will assemble here again in two hours. Move out"

*Kawolsky headed off in his own direction*

"You coming, Commander? Chief?"

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: John Kawolsky on January 04, 2009, 03:05:07 PM

*Kawolsky affixed a tricorder to his uniform as he gave his brief*

"First things first. We need to survey the vegetation, see if it is suitable for consumption."

*The Captain picked up a data PADD from the rear of the shuttlecraft. It listed the names of everyone who had come to the surface. There were seven people from the science department, plus Bradley, Greegy and himself.*

"Alright, Ensigns Mathews and Darol and Petty Officer Martinez, sensors have detected what looks like fruit trees to the east. All the information is in you tricorders."

*He turned to the other four science personnel*

"Jeffreys, Andrews, Makepeace and Reeves, I need you to check out the area to the west."  he said  "Alright people, we will assemble here again in two hours. Move out"

*Kawolsky headed off in his own direction*

"You coming, Commander? Chief?"

"im game." Shelaf said, Grabbing his own tricorder. Then a hand phaser.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on January 04, 2009, 03:06:47 PM

"im game." Shelaf said, Grabbing his own tricorder. Then a hand phaser.

As the captain walked ahead, scott walked alongside greegy.
" You going to shoot the vegatables with that? "

He smiled, and ran some scans.

" So how are things with safi? are they getting better? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on January 04, 2009, 03:13:50 PM

As the captain walked ahead, scott walked alongside greegy.

" You going to shoot the vegatables with that? "

He smiled, and ran some scans.

" So how are things with safi? are they getting better? "

"yeah. Shame she decided to stay on the ship. She would like it here. She just doesnt admit it. And, I cant order her to anymore."Shelaf replied.

nikolai

Quote from: Julien Brack on January 04, 2009, 02:39:48 PM

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on January 04, 2009, 03:19:11 PM

"yeah. Shame she decided to stay on the ship. She would like it here. She just doesnt admit it. And, I cant order her to anymore."Shelaf replied.

" If i know her, she'll be inside the engine. thats where engineers are happy chief. Just appreciate all this fresh air while you can, we'll be away soon. "

Scott scanned around, picking up some readings of vegetation.

" Think we have some about 500 yards to our north east sir. "

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.