Author Topic: Spotlight on Command: Captain Zuriel Soreka  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Spotlight on Command: Captain Zuriel Soreka
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »
Spotlight on Command: Captain Zuriel Soreka
In the latest episode of our newest feature "Spotlight on Command", we're talking with USS Gibson Commanding Officer Zuriel Soreka about his most memorable moments in the fleet, life as a Command Level Officer, and what makes the Fleet stand out against others.

How did you feel when you were given command of the Gibson?

To be honest I was a little nervous, That was a hard time for the ship we had gone through two captains in less than two months, I remember Reece announcing my station and the words that come to mind were "Don't let us down.", I almost pissed myself, but I had a plan and even better an awesome XO, the one we affectionately call "The Rok" now. He put my mind at ease very quickly, and the Gibson went to boss status.

What would you say separates the Gibson from the other SIMMs in the fleet?

Have you had any in-character moments that almost brought you to tears or made you angry?
When T'ra and Zuriel said goodbye to each other, and when they met again as Captains respectively, me and her started out together and we kind of keep neck and neck rank and job wise on here, when I first went to the Gibson it sucked all sorts of gaugh that we could not finish the robin hood adventures. Tangent averted, but really I was sad to leave her. She was my first Vulcan, then Kirok picked up the pieces.

What do you think has allowed Shadow Fleet to survive for as long as it has?

Star trek itself, we all fight A LOT but we all still love trek and the relationships we have created in character with each other, so we keep coming back and we find ways to get along.

How did you discover Shadow Fleet and what made you want to join?

Google, And I had a random want/need to RP flight control, it was random but it was one of the best random thing I have ever done.

What has been your most memorable moment?

When Captain Riley Munro kicked Commander Masters in the balls, then he speared her through my flight station which deactivated the internal inertial dampers, which sent Zuriel crashing around the turbolift like a pea in a can, this is also known as Wu's trial by fire as it was his first day posting and the command staff was trying to deny each other the right of procreation...yeah that's it.

Thank you Captain for what was, once again, another interesting installment of our "Spotlight on Command" series. Next time, we'll be focusing our attention on the First Officers of our fleet so keep checking back if you don't want to miss out!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:41:50 pm by Riley T. Munro »

Offline Katarina Schoenauer

• Suspended Account
  • Ihr Deutsch ist… schrecklich und Sie riechen lusti
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spotlight on Command: Captain Zuriel Soreka
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 07:13:32 pm »
Good times! That's my captain! And I emphasize MY.

Offline Pierce McCloude

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:16:27 pm »
Hmmm do I sense a challenge Kat.... :P you can have Soreka in the off times but hes mine and Misha's the rest of the time...  8) .... LOL
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:18:34 pm by Lucian Azurath »

Offline Anastasia Zhestakova

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:19:09 pm »
So ve are permitted to kick ze men in ze groin if zey try to procreate vis us?

Zeh Gremlin from zeh Kremlin
Physicist specializing in quantum and temporal mechanics

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:21:31 pm »

I will say that at the time, my entire crew was suffering from a outbreak of a virus that affected out mood. Please do not make a habit of kicking the hell out of each other, but if it is necessary, go for it.

;)

Offline Pierce McCloude

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:22:31 pm »

I wouldn't recommend it Anastasia, unless you have no other options, or means to defend yourself.

Offline Katarina Schoenauer

• Suspended Account
  • Ihr Deutsch ist… schrecklich und Sie riechen lusti
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 07:22:44 pm »
Hmmm do I sense a challenge Kat.... :P you can have Soreka in the off times but hes mine and Misha's the rest of the time...  8) .... LOL

Have you read anything Kat does? I think Soreka would agree she is a bad b**ch.

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »
I wouldn't recommend it Anastasia, unless you have no other options, or means to defend yourself.

What he said. Masters had already started a fight and that was my response. I know, I am a bad example, what else is new?

Offline Anastasia Zhestakova

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 07:25:04 pm »
I will say that at the time, my entire crew was suffering from a outbreak of a virus that affected out mood. Please do not make a habit of kicking the hell out of each other, but if it is necessary, go for it.

;)
What he said. Masters had already started a fight and that was my response. I know, I am a bad example, what else is new?

I can sink of a certain Yridian zat likes to mention spiders zat could use von... Regardless very vell vritten!

Zeh Gremlin from zeh Kremlin
Physicist specializing in quantum and temporal mechanics

Jonathan Sanchez

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »
"What has been your most memorable moment?

When Captain Riley Munro kicked Commander Masters in the balls, then he speared her through my flight station which deactivated the internal inertial dampers, which sent Zuriel crashing around the turbolift like a pea in a can, this is also known as Wu's trial by fire as it was his first day posting and the command staff was trying to deny each other the right of procreation...yeah that's it."

Ha! I remember that well, was in sickbay at the time i believe, lol. Hard to believe it was that long ago.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:28:35 pm by Jonathan Sanchez »

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:59 pm »
I almost feel like I should link said story to the topic lol

Offline Revek Tre'el

• Suspended Account
  • mediocria credimus fortitudo
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 07:28:55 pm »
Ha! I remember that well, was in sickbay at the time i believe, lol. Hard to believe it was that long ago.

I think that happened the day I posted my app. Hard to believe it was a year ago

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Jonathan Sanchez

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 07:30:30 pm »

Do you remember which episode it was? I haven't the foggiest.

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »
Reply #119 to #137 : Here (Not my proudest moments, although Zuriel kept us in one piece)

Offline Pierce McCloude

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 07:30:55 pm »
Have you read anything Kat does? I think Soreka would agree she is a bad b**ch.

Have you not followed the encounter on the last mission? Lucian isn't a push over and neither is Misha. Then again Lucian is a softy when it comes to Misha, his Achilles heel pre-say. Just got a smack from the woman that shes based on....

Might not be a bad idea.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles