"POSSIBLE" New Ship

Started by Kale Bridges, November 22, 2013, 12:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kale Bridges

POSSIBLE new ship

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here at Shadow Fleet, we are always looking to expand. A bit like the Klingon Empire.

In order to expand, we need more ships, and for more ships, we need more players.

The Admiralty have a rough idea of what we need already, but I'm looking for your input.

How many more new individual* players do we need to open up a new ship?

*New people, not alternate accounts.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Kirok

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 22, 2013, 12:30:17 PM

POSSIBLE new ship

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here at Shadow Fleet, we are always looking to expand. A bit like the Klingon Empire.

In order to expand, we need more ships, and for more ships, we need more players.

The Admiralty have a rough idea of what we need already, but I'm looking for your input.

How many more new individual* players do we need to open up a new ship?

*New people, not alternate accounts.

Admiral,

My best guess would be 10.

This is assuming that the other ships are at a similar capacity of 10 active players.

In total, that would mean we would need 50 active players if we are not counting Admiral Norton's ship.

If we are counting Norton's ship, I would bump us up to 60 active player.

Just my thoughts,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Cayden McConnell

I would say probably 6-8 new individuals. That would cover the senior staff and leave room for some newer players.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Gabe Crouch

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on November 22, 2013, 12:37:38 PM

I would say probably 6-8 new individuals. That would cover the senior staff and leave room for some newer players.

I would 7 because we just got a new member today.

Archangel Koris

I've noticed that, in order to function correctly in a mission, a ship needs a minimum of 1 character in each department, plus CO and XO.  That makes up 8 people per ship.  To have five ships in the Fleet, not counting the Delphia A, that would make up 40 personnel.  I would normally say a maximum of 3 players/department/ship otherwise logistics of posting get complicated.

Going by the memberlist, we currently have 51 characters active, 8 of which are command level plus 5 not assigned to ships, including the admirals.  Take off another 7 for the secondary characters I counted gives us 44 characters including the command staff.  Take out the admirals, gives us 39

Basically, one more player would theoretically be enough to make the minimum, but that's not taking into account the fact that we don't all have the same activity levels, as well as the fact that it's a lot more fun with more players.

Christian Grix

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on November 22, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

I've noticed that, in order to function correctly in a mission, a ship needs a minimum of 1 character in each department, plus CO and XO.  That makes up 8 people per ship.  To have five ships in the Fleet, not counting the Delphia A, that would make up 40 personnel.  I would normally say a maximum of 3 players/department/ship otherwise logistics of posting get complicated.

Going by the memberlist, we currently have 51 characters active, 8 of which are command level plus 5 not assigned to ships, including the admirals.  Take off another 7 for the secondary characters I counted gives us 44 characters including the command staff.  Take out the admirals, gives us 39

Basically, one more player would theoretically be enough to make the minimum, but that's not taking into account the fact that we don't all have the same activity levels, as well as the fact that it's a lot more fun with more players.

Well i was trying to do all this working out, I don't need to now but I agree with it 100%

Revek Tre'el

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on November 22, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

Well done Arch!

I don't like going just by minimum's though, one person disappearing and suddenly we don't have a department and that's no bueno. I'd say five or six more members and we'd be good to open a new SIMM. Gives us a nice little buffer.

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Mikey010178

As nasty as it sounds, I think you could get away without having someone in the science department, nothing against them of course, coz I have a Science character. But in the TNG era ship based series' they didn't really have a Science Officer, only as extra's now and then. Usually the operations officer covered the technobabble. It's not a solution, but it could be a temporary alternative!

Gabe Crouch

Quote from: Mike Anderson on November 23, 2013, 05:38:29 AM

As nasty as it sounds, I think you could get away without having someone in the science department, nothing against them of course, coz I have a Science character. But in the TNG era ship based series' they didn't really have a Science Officer, only as extra's now and then. Usually the operations officer covered the technobabble. It's not a solution, but it could be a temporary alternative!

I aagree because when I was the Chief Ops Officer for the fleet mission last year I looked up the Jobs and it said.

"As analytical operations relied upon knowledge of science and engineering disciplines, Chief Operations Officers often performed the additional duties of a Science Officer, especially when one was absent, as exemplified by both Lieutenant Commander Data and Ensign Harry Kim. (TNG: "Conundrum"; VOY: "Caretaker", etc.)' http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Operations_officer last paragraph. so it could work we as it stands only have 5 active on ship Science Officers and some in reserves.

Kale Bridges

We don't want to put all the ships down to just five players though.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 23, 2013, 11:08:45 AM

No, it wouldn't be much fun that way.  I've found it to be a lot easier to play if there's someone in the department to talk to who isn't an NPC.  However, when quantifying anything, it's always easier to start from the minimum and work your way up.
Quote from: Mike Anderson on November 23, 2013, 05:38:29 AM

It's very true, that.  I don't remember Voyager having a science officer either.  At least, not by the title of 'science officer'.  Depending on the ship, we might be able to get away with not having a science officer aboard.  The Disc, for example, could probably get away with having a SO guest appear if it needs one in a mission, but the Gibson, as a science vessel, wouldn't we able to get away with importing one ^^

John Brown

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on November 23, 2013, 11:33:56 AM

No, it wouldn't be much fun that way.  I've found it to be a lot easier to play if there's someone in the department to talk to who isn't an NPC.  However, when quantifying anything, it's always easier to start from the minimum and work your way up.

It's very true, that.  I don't remember Voyager having a science officer either.  At least, not by the title of 'science officer'.  Depending on the ship, we might be able to get away with not having a science officer aboard.  The Disc, for example, could probably get away with having a SO guest appear if it needs one in a mission, but the Gibson, as a science vessel, wouldn't we able to get away with importing one ^^

I totaly Agree with you on this one T'Koriss and Mike.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on November 23, 2013, 11:33:56 AM

So the minimum is 5, but just having the minimum is no fun. So we say about 7-8?

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Gabe Crouch

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 23, 2013, 11:08:45 AM

I agree what I was saying is that it could work until we got a new Science officer.

John Brown

for crew for New SIMMS  do'nt count the CO and FO; you add Five Players makes it 7 total.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.