POTM-October 2013

Started by John Brown, November 01, 2013, 11:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

Well Well Well.....

Its that Time again and are we ready for some epic posts......I think So I gotten a Lot of Good Posts comming across my desk some that are awsome some that could make Worf Cry......So with all the reading I have found the Winner...

Quote from: Jennifer Anderson on October 29, 2013, 06:01:38 AM

Jen set off walking to the nearest field, a few Grazerites were doing what seemed to be agricultural activities. Whilst observing them at work, pretending to be interested, but in actual fact having no idea what they were doing, Anderson opened her tricorder and began to scan. Being careful to keep the small hand held device down by her side, she turned away and took in the scenery. Lifting the tricorder into view, the Ensign observed her findings.

There was nothing, they had a very similar physiology, neither of them seemed concerned about her presence and actually seemed quite happy. The more she thought about it, the two Grazerites she observed were not so important. Though she didn't think that in a nasty way, they were workers. If anybody would be out of the ordinary, it'd likely be someone in positions of power.

After a brief stroll, Ensign Anderson walked to the nearby city and once again kept discreetly scanning. She looked around taking in the view of the inner city, although it was advanced, it still had the appearance of older times. There were market stalls and other street vendors and shops. Although Earth still had things similar, she could help but feel that Earth had lost some of those old ways of life.

As Jen straightened her head, to look where she was going, her view was dominated by the center mass of a Grazerite. Following their inevitable collision, the tricorder dropped from her grasp and clattered onto the floor. Before she could reach down to retrieve it, the Grazerite had already collected it. Looking up, she judged the alien to be around six five. He wore what seemed to be the finest in tailored garments, his hair was greying, his face was the usual placid, deadpan look of a typical Grazerite.

"You are of Starfleet" He said. Breaking the uneasy silence.

With a wide smile, she looked directly into the mans face. "Yes, I am Crewm...Ensign Anderson of the USS Gettysburg. I am pleased to meet you"

He smiled back and replied. "I am Farez Hanva"

The smile, it looked so wrong on the mans face, much like the one who'd appeared on the viewer back on the bridge of the ship. "I see" Before continuing with her response, Jen was overcome by a cold feeling. She shuddered, which in turn caused the mans smile to become more pronounced. "And I take it you are part of the local Government?"

"Such an Intelligent young woman, I sit on the ruling council of this district and I am also this districts Spokesman at the House of the Elders" Hanva stated.

The House of Elders, Jen had heard of that, it was the planetary Government. "Can I get my tricorder back?" Jen asked eying the piece of equipment, that was cradled in the mans hand.

Hanva observed the device and then Anderson. "Tell what it was you were doing Ensign Anderson"

The Ensign was suddenly reminded of the incident, where she'd gotten into trouble with planetary officials, when Chief Sukal had been framed for murder. 'Great just great, the Captain will love this' She thought. It was time to improvise. "Oh I am and Exobiologist and I have never had the chance to observe your people, it's a great honor I must say" Keeping her smile wide, Jen reached out to grab the tricorder, only to have it move completely out of reach. "Have I committed an offense Mr Hanva?"

His eyes narrowed at the question, his face gave a cautious expression. That was something the Grazerites were known for. "We value our privacy" Again came the uncharacteristic smile. With the wave of a hand, two Grazerite Security officials approached and seized the Ensign. Her phaser, comm badge and science kit were removed, before she was carted away.

Looking around, she noticed Wu had fallen behind. "CHIEF" She shouted.

Commander Sanchez Had this to say "I found this post by Ms. Anderson to be exceptional; she had my complete focus when I read it and had me wanting more. In this single post she was able to wind several things together while moving the plot forward; she included some superb description that, personally, drew me in and made me feel like I was right there with her. She also did a great job with characterization and giving the Grazerites a true sense of not being 'quite right', as compared to how they are normally known. This really created a sense of drama and build up, culminating in the very nice part at the end of her post. Overall, just a very, very nice job."

Well Done indeed Ms.Anderson!, and All don't be glum don't be Sad but Remember keep those Post Coming and in the Special Mission there might be that Post that is put up here for POTM so get those pens out and start Cracking.......Until Next Time Same Shadowfleet Time Same Shadowfleet Channel.

Gabriel Arthur

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Gabe Crouch

Callie Anderson

Congratulations! Well Done!

BETAZOID

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Revek Tre'el

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.