Author Topic: Hurricane Ike Update  (Read 8464 times)

Kristi

Hurricane Ike Update
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:56:41 am »
As of right now it is 1AM PST and 3AM CST. The eye of hurricane Ike is over Galveston, TX and the brunt of the front end of the storm is now bearing down on Houston, TX. The back of this category 2/3 is to make landfall shortly, and is the worst part due to tides and wind speed.

All news reports can be found on www.foxnews.com and www.cnn.com

If anyone receives contact from Chris, please let us know. Until then, we ask you to keep him in your prayers, and to continue to read the updates that we post here! Currently we are not sure as to where Chris and his family are located, hopefully they have met up with evacuation crews and have been brought to safety, but his home town is New Caney, which is just north of Houston.

Thank you very much, and we can only hope for the best.

The Shadowfleet Team
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:02:21 am by Kristi »

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hurricane Ike Update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:53:13 pm »
*UPDATE*

Contact with Chris has been made! He is alive and kicking in New Caney, TX. He has no power or phone other than cellular, but has called to confirm that he made it through the night.

Reports say he could be out of power for quite a long time. So as of right now we are not sure on the date of his return, but he is doing ok.

Thank you for everyone who put up with me calling them or contacting them at odd hours of the night last night. I know that Chris would have done that for us, so we did it for him! Awesome job you guys!

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and in your prayers, he is going to need it.

also updates on the region can still be found on www.cnn.com and www.foxnews.com

Damiana and the Shadowfleet Team

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:56:06 pm by Damiana »

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »
*UPDATE*

Fema and the local authorities have been notified of Chris's whereabouts and are being sent with rescue supplies, such as; water, medical supplies and generators to help move people out of the area.

Currently we are waiting for updates from the New Caney Police Department. Officer Kuddy assures us that they are sending vital rescues troops out to him.

Again, thank you for the support in this tough time.

www.cnn.com and www.foxnews.com

Damiana and the Shadowfleet Team.

kawolsky

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:21:15 pm »
I would just like to say thanks to everyone who assisted with this. Chris is lucky to have people like you guys, in particular Damiana. I just wish she would pick better times to have a panic attack! (She woke me up at 4am, for 2 hours)

But I don't mind. As long as Chris is safe now, that is the most important thing.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:45:04 pm »
Just for the record, It is not my fault that you live in England, it was only 630pm when I started calling you. lol.

Wolfgang West

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
Yeah it's not our fault your in England, perhaps you should live in NZ, I only got called at 2pm, 4pm 6:30pm and i think 7:30 the next day.... i got nice convinent hours lol

nikolai

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 05:08:51 pm »
*Thinks of moving to NZ just to annoy West*

LOL

Wolfgang West

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 05:23:39 pm »
*Thinks of moving to NZ just to annoy West*

LOL

*Thinks of moving to the US just to annoy Nik is thinking of moving to NZ just to annoy me.

lol

Richard Ransom

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 05:25:14 pm »
*Thinks of moving to the US just to annoy Nik is thinking of moving to NZ just to annoy me.

lol

I am staying in Canada its safer

Wolfgang West

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 05:31:16 pm »
I am staying in Canada its safer

It can't be safer... you're there lol.  and so is hockey.  *moves to Canada instead.*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:55:01 pm by Damiana »

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 08:52:48 pm »
*UPDATE*

I spoke with Chris for about half an hour and he says, "Hello everyone, and I am trying my hardest to get back online to everyone but right now I have to get the tree out of my roof."

He is truly a great admiral, which was clearly proved when he told me to "Contact Andy, he knows how to run the site, in case I don't survive the night." Chris is just trying to get his house and his family back together.

FEMA is supposed to get food and water rations out to the people as soon as possible.

Curfew has been set in New Caney! 6pm-6am people need to stay inside or on their property.

Again thanks for your continued support in this hard time.

Damiana and the Shadowfleet Team

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 08:56:47 pm »
Oh and West, I called you, JK, Nik, Jed and Andy. Along with several other people outside of SF. So I was on the phone all night with you weirdos.

Richard Ransom

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:31 pm »
thats good to hear.

and I do remember talking with JK that night for an little bit.

as I told some pepole we more then an RPG were an Famiely

Jacob Hannagan

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 12:12:33 am »
Oh and West, I called you, JK, Nik, Jed and Andy. Along with several other people outside of SF. So I was on the phone all night with you weirdos.

Poor you lol, Yeah i manage to get hold of Andy.

Good to hear he's alright not so good that there is a tree in his house, but it could have been worse.

And yeah we are more than an RPG we are a family.... bags not being one of the parents.....too much worrying.

kawolsky

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:07 am »
So I was on the phone all night with you weirdos.

She means you lot, not me. lol

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles