Author Topic: Resignation of Rear Admiral John Kawolsky  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Resignation of Rear Admiral John Kawolsky
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »

Ladies and Gentleman of Shadow Fleet,

Some of you may be aware that recently, the Fleet has been going through some problems.
It appears that, as these issues are wrapped up, the result is the resignation of our very own Rear Admiral John Kawolsky.

John joined the fleet on January 5th, 2007, when it first started. He has been a loyal member ever since, and has helped the Fleet grow in so many ways.

While I do not know all of his actions, I know that he commanded the USS Discovery for many years, and held everyone's respect. He was then promoted to Task Group Commander, and he helped Task Group Alpha grow beyond 2 small slow ships. Whatever problem the Task Group faced, John managed to face it down and fight through it.

John Kawolsky was a founding member of Shadow Fleet and more than that, was a defining member of Shadow Fleet. He helped this fleet grow massively, and will be remembered.

Please leave your respects to Rear Admiral John Kawolsky in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:11:43 pm by Reece Thompson »

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Resignation of Rear Admiral John Kawolsky
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:06:08 pm »
Got me into this fleet, hoping like hell he'll reconsider.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »
JK always felt more like a partner than a superior. Whenever I took things too seriously he'd remind me to have fun. He was a tremendous influence on my career here.

Shadow Fleet as it is today would not exist without him. I hope one day he can come back to his family.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »
John,

I am very sad to see you leave.

Live long and prosper.

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:58 pm »
I'm sorry to see you go.  And I hope you find your way back someday.

Blessing to you.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Kylik Roth

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:42:39 am »
I will state simply that I am very sad to see the Admiral go. Not in all my years of RPing have I seen one man do so much so efficiently and effectively. Although I barely interacted with the man, his fingerprints were all over the site.

Good luck out there!

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. - Zig Ziglar

Jonathan Sanchez

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
See? I leave you guys for just one day and the place goes to heck in a hand basket. *sigh* Am I going to have to order physicals for everyone? I will turn this star ship around... Heh, seriously though, my attempt to lighten the mood aside, I am also truly saddened to see John leave. Also that the recent events even happened given the fleet really doesn't need it. No one needs it. I trust John and have never doubted that he is devoted to the fleet and its betterment; likewise, I've no doubt that the folks in the command staff also want the fleet to improve. Everyone else too. I think ultimately we all need to remember that dictator-like, starfleet like, or tellytubby-like, we're all aiming to make this fleet work. I say this because the apparent PM mentioned in one of the threads relating to this topic hits upon what I think is a common theme, a possible rift...an us/them, him/everyone, etc. drum beat. In the end, we're more than a fleet, we're friends and in a way a family. We're all in this together, for the love of star trek, role playing, creativity, etc. We must remember that at times like these.

My best to John. I too hope he comes back some day.

Cheers.

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »
Even though I am a bit sad Liam has left, I feel like I have to say: This. Anywho, I'm around if y'all need me.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • I'd sell my soul for a new recruit.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »
It was a cold hard shock to wake up and find out the news. For those out of the command loop it was totally out of the blue and something none of us expected. During all my work with JK he was always kind, level-headed and just. He listened to my ideas and inane babblings and no one can deny the massive impact he's had on the fleet. The fleet wouldn't be where it is today without him, regardless of what was going on behind the scenes we owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

Long live the JK and I for one hope to see you back soon.

Deceased

Offline Callie Anderson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »
I didn't get the opportunity to interact with Rear Admiral John Kawolsky but I wish him all the best. Go forward sir and accomplish much good.

BETAZOID

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles