Get Ready For Star Trek: Lost Paradise!

Started by kawolsky, April 24, 2013, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kale Bridges

Quote from: phaloxian on April 28, 2013, 02:15:24 PM

Wow...seems awesome!
So, after the mission will this new sector of space be available to RP in?Does this mean you will add new species, new technology, new ships, new anything?((*Now wants to write lore/missions for Shadow Fleet*))

Shadow Fleet isn't like that.

This Special Mission is just a chance for the Fleet to get together and a run a massive mission. It gives people a chance to mingle in character with other ship mates. It's gives lower ranks a taste of command, and gives the commanders a break from the Admin work.

Once this special mission is finished, it will have no impact on the main SIMMs.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

phaloxian

Quote from: Reece Thompson on April 28, 2013, 02:18:53 PM

Shadow Fleet isn't like that.

This Special Mission is just a chance for the Fleet to get together and a run a massive mission. It gives people a chance to mingle in character with other ship mates. It's gives lower ranks a taste of command, and gives the commanders a break from the Admin work.

Once this special mission is finished, it will have no impact on the main SIMMs.

Ah...so absolutely no expansion when you have a total sector there, your races list is limited...you need to expand that, etc, etc, etc. It would also open room for a database on what sectors are like, planets, life forms, etc.((Did this sound rude?Sorry, I am a bit ignorant right now, I am just out of it.))

Edit:I am a very logical person, sometimes the way I act is...out of the norm, I will be blunt when I think something is a good idea, or when I think someone has made a mistake(I believe both at thgis moment). I just wish to expand on this RP((In a non-mod way)), if I don't work to produce something then I end up tearing things down, I am either a builder or a destroyer...that is how I work.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: phaloxian on April 28, 2013, 02:23:06 PM

Ah...so absolutely no expansion when you have a total sector there, your races list is limited...you need to expand that, etc, etc, etc. It would also open room for a database on what sectors are like, planets, life forms, etc.((Did this sound rude?Sorry, I am a bit ignorant right now, I am just out of it.))

Not a bad idea, but databases like those already exist, it'd be pretty easy to research and gleam off those sites. I'm not sure how you would propose that a special mission like the one we're planning on running will expand...especially since this mission will take place around 2260, well over a century before the era that ShadowFleet is in. It would be safe to assume that whatever we'll be discovering for the first time during the special mission will have been researched and mapped thoroughly by the year 2390.

And as was mentioned before, this is a standalone mission with no connection to the normal Simms, so unfortunately, the suggestion was moot from the start.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kale Bridges

This special mission is just a break from normal SIMM missions.

Each SIMM has a database about the ship.

Having a database about each Sector we visit would be too much for our servers to handle as we don't really stay in one place for too long.

Each mission is more like an episode. They never stayed in the same place for more than two episodes. So having a database for each sector would be massive and take up too much space on our servers.

As for a database on Species, Ships, etc.... that's why we have Memory Alpha.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Malcolm Adeyemi

Update: mission is more filled out than a ripe maiden. It's going to FUN. Tulley is an artiste!

Revek Tre'el

Quote from: Luke Stafford on April 28, 2013, 02:55:02 PM

Update: mission is more filled out than a ripe maiden. It's going to FUN. Tulley is an artiste!

Wow, epic analogy. Well played good sir, well played indeed.

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Revek Tre'el on April 28, 2013, 02:57:51 PM

It's what I do. :D

Jon Tulley

Quote from: Revek Tre'el on April 28, 2013, 02:57:51 PM

I agree. My favourite part is at the Great Pit of Carkoon where Revek falls into the Sarlacc's open maw. Oops, spoilers!
Deceased

Alexander Wu

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Revek Tre'el

Quote from: Jon Tulley on April 28, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

I agree. My favourite part is at the Great Pit of Carkoon where Revek falls into the Sarlacc's open maw. Oops, spoilers!

I will let this happen only if I get Mandalorian armor.

No armor no deal gents.

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Tiberius Howard

Jon Tulley

Quote from: Tiberius Howard on April 28, 2013, 03:09:47 PM

So, Is there space for me? :(

Once JK comes on and see's this, I'm sure he will let you.  ;D
Deceased

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Jon Tulley on April 28, 2013, 03:12:21 PM

Once JK comes on and see's this, I'm sure he will let you.  ;D

If the redshirts won't take you, I could always use a good doctor =)

Tiberius Howard

Quote from: Alexander Wu on April 28, 2013, 03:16:24 PM

If the redshirts won't take you, I could always use a good doctor =)

Haha, JK is sorting me out a nice place :D

Eli Ferris

Quote from: Alexander Wu on April 28, 2013, 03:01:23 PM

Oh Colonel Danning...

Well, I lol'd

I am greatly anticipating this mission and all the reading. I think it will be a blast and can't wait to see the crew explore Abrams universe :)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.