News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 8, Mission 03: The Ark

Started by Scott Bradley, July 10, 2012, 03:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adolph Klein

Quote from: Scott Bradley on July 23, 2012, 07:21:44 PM

Scott folded his arms.

" Do it crewman. And then when your done prep your things for an away missions. Crewmans Klein and Vallon get down there and assist. "

Scott then turned around to face Shelaf.

" Chief, you and Armstong report down there to. Prep a  E.V.A suits for all away team members. And make sure you throw in one for me. I'd like to stretch my legs. "

Well, it would seem as if the entire bridge crew was on their way to the shuttlebay. Klein made sure the Discovery's course and speed was secure before standing up. With a curt nod to Briggs, Armstrong and Greegy he made his way to the turbolift, holding the door open until the others joined him.

Another away mission, Klein mused to himself. For some reason the story of Jonah came to mind, and he wondered if they'd be going into the belly of the beast. The captain was coming too, which was interesting. Against regulations, but he was sure the captain didn't need him quoting regulations. If Armstrong or Greegy wanted to object, they were more appropriate choices.

Yanking out the shuttle's transponder wouldn't be hard. Putting it back in later might be another story though.

T'Manda Vallon

Scott folded his arms.

" Do it crewman. And then when your done prep your things for an away missions. Crewmans Klein and Vallon get down there and assist. "

" Chief, you and Armstong report down there to. Prep a  E.V.A suits for all away team members. And make sure you throw in one for me. I'd like to stretch my legs. "

T'Manda just heard the order,and preparing a shuttle, she had to bite her lips. It was not like in books, shaking her head, stood up and walked back to the shuttle bay from her post, as she got there T'Manda looked around awaiting for the rest of the crewman to arrive.

"Tweety bird tawt he taw a what?...Tweety bird tawt he taw a Romulan."

Shelaf Greegy

Scott folded his arms.

Shelaf stood up. "Come on, Captain. You reminded Kawolsky of the regs so often you must know them by now. You shouldn't be going on this away mission." He said, only half joking.

Kyle Briggs

Scott folded his arms.

"Aye, sir." replied Kyle.

Before heading for the lift, Kyle sent a message down to Engineering to have someone get started on the shuttle. He figured the sooner the better. If it was at least started than he and Klein could finish it quickly and they would be on their way.

The Crewmen stood in the lift for a moment while waiting on the Lt, the Chief and possibly the CO, who seemed to be joining them on the away team.
Kyle finally turned to Klein.

"I say we go get the shuttle done?" he recommended.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on July 24, 2012, 12:32:48 PM

Shelaf stood up. "Come on, Captain. You reminded Kawolsky of the regs so often you must know them by now. You shouldn't be going on this away mission." He said, only half joking.

Scott gave the chief a knowing smile.

" That I did Chief. It's the XO's job to be a pain in the ass. "

As the two men entered the turbolift, followed closely by Lee, he chuckled.

" The best part about being Captain, is that I get to ignore the objections. "

Adolph Klein

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 24, 2012, 02:40:36 PM

"Aye, sir." replied Kyle.

Before heading for the lift, Kyle sent a message down to Engineering to have someone get started on the shuttle. He figured the sooner the better. If it was at least started than he and Klein could finish it quickly and they would be on their way.

The Crewmen stood in the lift for a moment while waiting on the Lt, the Chief and possibly the CO, who seemed to be joining them on the away team.
Kyle finally turned to Klein.

"I say we go get the shuttle done?" he recommended.

"Seems they're finally coming," Klein said with a chuckle, "slamming the door in your captain's face might be bad for career advancement."

As the trio entered the turbolift and the door closed, Klein instructed it to go to the main shuttlebay. As the turbolift started to move with it's trademark hum, Klein turned back to Briggs.

"If we're taking this many people and this much equipment," Klein said, referencing the EV suits, "the Higgins would probably be our best bet. It'd be crowded trying to shoehorn all this into a Type 9."

By the time he got that out, the turbolift doors opened with the familiar hiss and he began walking towards the main shuttlebay.

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Adolph Klein on July 24, 2012, 03:24:06 PM

"Seems they're finally coming," Klein said with a chuckle, "slamming the door in your captain's face might be bad for career advancement."

As the trio entered the turbolift and the door closed, Klein instructed it to go to the main shuttlebay. As the turbolift started to move with it's trademark hum, Klein turned back to Briggs.

"If we're taking this many people and this much equipment," Klein said, referencing the EV suits, "the Higgins would probably be our best bet. It'd be crowded trying to shoehorn all this into a Type 9."

By the time he got that out, the turbolift doors opened with the familiar hiss and he began walking towards the main shuttlebay.

" You've got that right. No offence but It's like a flying coffin in a type 9. Couldn't swing a cat in there. That's if your that way inclined. Not sure why anyone would want to do that though. "

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Adolph Klein on July 24, 2012, 03:24:06 PM

"No problem." Kyle said to Klein with a grin. "After our last outing, I kind of figured you that was your favorite shuttle so that's the one I had them remove the transponder from."

The slight delay on the bridge was just enough time for the crew that Kyle dispatched to get the job done. The away team entered the hanger just as the engineers were coming out of the Higgins.

"Transponder removed, sirs." said one of them.

Adolph Klein

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on July 24, 2012, 03:36:19 PM

" You've got that right. No offence but It's like a flying coffin in a type 9. Couldn't swing a cat in there. That's if your that way inclined. Not sure why anyone would want to do that though. "

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 24, 2012, 04:18:46 PM

"No problem." Kyle said to Klein with a grin. "After our last outing, I kind of figured you that was your favorite shuttle so that's the one I had them remove the transponder from."

The slight delay on the bridge was just enough time for the crew that Kyle dispatched to get the job done. The away team entered the hanger just as the engineers were coming out of the Higgins.

"Transponder removed, sirs." said one of them.

Klein chuckled politely at the Lieutenant's jibe.

"Well, sir," Klein commented, "the pilot always gets a seat with a good view so it wouldn't mother me that much."

As they entered the shuttlebay Klein listened to Briggs saying he already had his engineers remove said transponder. He was somewhat disappointed but kept his peace. He always liked to learn a bit here and there outside his chosen field. Klein grinned addressing the engineers.

"Well you group of saboteurs," Klein joked, "that was most efficient vandalism."

He saw another crewman in command red. Another half-Romulan(seems there were more of them on the ship than humans), he hadn't met yet. He wondered why the captain wanted to take two pilots but it would be a good chance to see what she could do.

"Crewman Vallon is it?" Klein addressed the half-Romulan, before introducing himself, "Adolph Klein. Why don't you do the pre-flight checks on the Higgins here while we load up our equipment... oh and the transponder has been removed so don't worry about that."

With that he fell in with the others loading up the bulky EV suits into the rear compartment of the runabout.

T'Manda Vallon

Quote from: Adolph Klein on July 24, 2012, 04:36:08 PM

Klein chuckled politely at the Lieutenant's jibe.

"Well, sir," Klein commented, "the pilot always gets a seat with a good view so it wouldn't mother me that much."

As they entered the shuttlebay Klein listened to Briggs saying he already had his engineers remove said transponder. He was somewhat disappointed but kept his peace. He always liked to learn a bit here and there outside his chosen field. Klein grinned addressing the engineers.

"Well you group of saboteurs," Klein joked, "that was most efficient vandalism."

He saw another crewman in command red. Another half-Romulan(seems there were more of them on the ship than humans), he hadn't met yet. He wondered why the captain wanted to take two pilots but it would be a good chance to see what she could do.

"Crewman Vallon is it?" Klein addressed the half-Romulan, before introducing himself, "Adolph Klein. Why don't you do the pre-flight checks on the Higgins here while we load up our equipment... oh and the transponder has been removed so don't worry about that."

With that he fell in with the others loading up the bulky EV suits into the rear compartment of the runabout.

T'Manda watched the engineers work on one of the larger shuttles,biting her lip while tapping everything down to her PADD she stood aside, this shuttle was large, as in it was not a regular with accommodation for a pilot and system manager. Means quite a lot of passengers will be traveling. She looked as one of the crewman was from her department,and observed him closely.As he spoke to her T'Manda nodded her head,
"Yes sir, Vallon T'Manda" a formal answer like she was used to since it was hardly time for chitchat, looking back at the shuttle she nodded in acknowledgement
"Right away sir" , and  avoiding one of the engineers she walked back in and started on launch status check.
Tapping on the command board checking the  power plan,everything seemed normal,  warp and impulse engines readings were on a regular scale, doing some additional checking T'Manda rubbed her forehead and frowned, muttering something to herself.Wait what did the other pilot say, the transponder has been removed, makes sense, she was already starting to worry.But wit that information it seemed like everything was ready to go.
T'Manda stood up walking  out of the shuttle to the away team and put her PADD aside spoke.
"Sirs the shuttle is ready to launch"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: T'Manda Vallon on July 24, 2012, 04:53:23 PM

T'Manda watched the engineers work on one of the larger shuttles,biting her lip while tapping everything down to her PADD she stood aside, this shuttle was large, as in it was not a regular with accommodation for a pilot and system manager. Means quite a lot of passengers will be traveling. She looked as one of the crewman was from her department,and observed him closely.As he spoke to her T'Manda nodded her head,
"Yes sir, Vallon T'Manda" a formal answer like she was used to since it was hardly time for chitchat, looking back at the shuttle she nodded in acknowledgement
"Right away sir" , and  avoiding one of the engineers she walked back in and started on launch status check.
Tapping on the command board checking the  power plan,everything seemed normal,  warp and impulse engines readings were on a regular scale, doing some additional checking T'Manda rubbed her forehead and frowned, muttering something to herself.Wait what did the other pilot say, the transponder has been removed, makes sense, she was already starting to worry.But wit that information it seemed like everything was ready to go.
T'Manda stood up walking  out of the shuttle to the away team and put her PADD aside spoke.
"Sirs the shuttle is ready to launch"

Scott had made his way to the front compartment of the runabout. Most of the equipment needed for the mission had been loaded.

" Alright, Vallon contact the bridge and get us clearance to launch. When we get it Klein get us in the air. We'll move towards the ship at one quarter impulse. "

Scott then rested a hand on Lee's shoulder, who was sitting at the side control.

" Lee before we get into range transmit that signal. Let's hope it works as well for us as it did the probe. And chief, just in case stay in constant contact with the Discovery. "

Adolph Klein

Quote from: Scott Bradley on July 24, 2012, 06:43:06 PM

Scott had made his way to the front compartment of the runabout. Most of the equipment needed for the mission had been loaded.

" Alright, Vallon contact the bridge and get us clearance to launch. When we get it Klein get us in the air. We'll move towards the ship at one quarter impulse. "

Scott then rested a hand on Lee's shoulder, who was sitting at the side control.

" Lee before we get into range transmit that signal. Let's hope it works as well for us as it did the probe. And chief, just in case stay in constant contact with the Discovery. "

"Aye, captain." Klein responded.

Klein sat himself in the other pilot's chair. Klein was perfectly content to let Vallon show her stuff, but no arguing with a direct order. Once they had gotten clearance to take off from the ship, Klein powered up the thrusters and sat an ecliptic course around Discovery heading directly for the alien vessel.

He had powered up the impulse engines, but approached the other vessel slowly. He hoped his nervousness at their approach didn't show, but every other living ship that had entered the range they were approaching had met an ill-fate. He turned his head over his shoulder, addressing Lieutenant Armstrong.

"Approaching transmission range, Lieutenant." Klein reported, "I hope you're ready with your magic there."

T'Manda Vallon

Sitting at the pilot chair T'Manda was feeling slightly anxious, well it was her first mission, ever. Hearing the order from captain Bradley she nodded.
"Yes sir" Since everything was functioning properly and they got a clearance  to take of from the bridge, T'Manda monitored the sensors on the control board while Klein was piloting approaching them to the mystery vessel. Looking at the screen she felt her ears buzzing, looking back on the control board she tried not to think about the worst case scenario.

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: T'Manda Vallon on July 26, 2012, 05:08:49 AM

Sitting at the pilot chair T'Manda was feeling slightly anxious, well it was her first mission, ever. Hearing the order from captain Bradley she nodded.
"Yes sir" Since everything was functioning properly and they got a clearance  to take of from the bridge, T'Manda monitored the sensors on the control board while Klein was piloting approaching them to the mystery vessel. Looking at the screen she felt her ears buzzing, looking back on the control board she tried not to think about the worst case scenario.

Shelaf lounged in the back of the shuttle, looking completely relaxed. "So." He said, adressing the shuttle as a whole "Plunging into the unknown. Isn't this what you joined up for?" He said.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on July 26, 2012, 07:33:17 PM

Shelaf lounged in the back of the shuttle, looking completely relaxed. "So." He said, adressing the shuttle as a whole "Plunging into the unknown. Isn't this what you joined up for?" He said.

Scott suppressed a smile at Shelafs relaxed demeanour. it was a sharp contrast to the newer member of the crew, who by comparison seemed more jittery. Truly Scott and the chief where the veterans now.

" I heard that. twelve years in Starfleet and I haven't seen anything like this. I can't wait to get onboard this thing. "

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.