Season 1, Mission 10: Standstill

Started by Lance Krol, June 19, 2012, 03:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Krol

Captain's Log, Stardate 66463.9

After a long period of inactivity, the pirates have made actual contact with Starfleet. They want to talk peace, and claim that they can acquire what they want from Starfleet and give in return without taking it for themselves. Seems like a funny change of heart for people who were just days ago making a living off of stealing important things from insignificant places. We're en route to a small outpost in the middle of nowhere, a deep-space station that hasn't been used by anyone in years. Apparently that's neutral ground. We expect to arrive in half an hour.

Log ends

Lance spun in his centre chair, annoyed with the lack of things to do, as usual. "Mr. Cadenza, is there anything on the sensors?" he called to his navigation officer and acting first, trying to break the oppressive silence of a bridge where he was the only one without a job.

Kirok

Kirok was at his duty station on the Bridge.  As was his habit, he ran a diagnostic on all systems and they all were fuctioning within acceptable perameters.  He double checked to make sure that everything was ready to set up a tachyon dection grid if needed once they arrived at their destination.  It had helpled them avoid a pirate attack on the previous mission and logic dictated that it would do the same for them again.  He looked up from his monitor, ready to report his activities to Krol when called on.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Taras Cadenza

Taras drummed his fingers on the console as he checked over the navigational sensors. To say this was tense would be, quite frankly, the greatest understatement of the year. The pirates made contact with Starfleet... everything screamed trap. It was just... too convienent. Ever so much, Cadenza was weary of the situation. It could easily end up in their deaths, but... it was worth a shot.

"I'm detecting the pirate ships at the agreed position. They're orbiting the space station... waiting." stated Cadenza, a concerned look on his sharp features.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on June 19, 2012, 01:07:27 PM

Taras drummed his fingers on the console as he checked over the navigational sensors. To say this was tense would be, quite frankly, the greatest understatement of the year. The pirates made contact with Starfleet... everything screamed trap. It was just... too convienent. Ever so much, Cadenza was weary of the situation. It could easily end up in their deaths, but... it was worth a shot.

"I'm detecting the pirate ships at the agreed position. They're orbiting the space station... waiting." stated Cadenza, a concerned look on his sharp features.

Lance nodded behind Taras and acknowledged, "Thank you, Mr. Cadenza. Mr. Kirok, keep sensors on them and give me a report on systems before we go into the fray."

Obviously they were trying something, but Starfleet couldn't afford to just ignore them, which explained why they had sent a top civilian official to negotiate. Funny thing about civilians Á¢â,¬"œ they didn't mind losing lives to save a war. He'd probably snap and try to make the Churchill backstab the pirates to put an end to the war. Assuming, of course, that the pirates sent anyone of import.

Whaddayaknow, a year on a ship and you're already thinking like a soldier.

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 19, 2012, 01:29:48 PM

Lance nodded behind Taras and acknowledged, "Thank you, Mr. Cadenza. Mr. Kirok, keep sensors on them and give me a report on systems before we go into the fray."

Obviously they were trying something, but Starfleet couldn't afford to just ignore them, which explained why they had sent a top civilian official to negotiate. Funny thing about civilians Á¢â,¬"œ they didn't mind losing lives to save a war. He'd probably snap and try to make the Churchill backstab the pirates to put an end to the war. Assuming, of course, that the pirates sent anyone of import.

Whaddayaknow, a year on a ship and you're already thinking like a soldier.

"Aya, Sir" Kirok said.  He glanced down at his board briefly to make sure nothing had changed there, then looked back up at Krol.  "All systems are funtioning at 100%.  Initiating scans of the pirate ships now" he reported and then clicked a button at his stations.  "Shall I set up a tachyone detection grid to help assure that the area is free of cloaked ships?" he suggested.

Joval

Joval stands at the console on the bridge. He runs a last minute check on the weapons and shields making sure that they would not fail if they were needed. Shields and weapons are functioning correctly he observes. He prepares himself to raise shields and power weapons if the need arises.

ââ,¬Å"Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself.ââ,¬Â

Connor Price

Connor stood by the rear of the bridge, leaning on the rail behind the Captains chair, idly staring at the viewscreen. He drummed his fingers on the rail. "What are you up to?" He asked, more to himself than anyone else, staring at the motionless ships.

Raymundo Salas

USS Churchill, Armory:

The security office was a hive of activity as personal went about making preparations for the talks. Raymundo stood with a line of crewmen in front of him. He was doing his best to just make sure everyone was just on the same page, there was a lot needing to be done.

A female officer handed him a PADD, it was the roster of who was assigned to the diplomatic mission and who was to secure the ship. A report he asked for two hours ago! Sadly whit Commander Masters leaving there was not a Chief of security to replace him. He had to get the order through a Yeoman in the command office.

He noted that himself had been assigned as bodyguard personally responsible for the safety of the Diplomat. He planed to meet him right after he squared things away in the office. There was another order for a group of personal to secure the perimeter of the main atrium where the talks will be taking place.

"You." he said to a crewman handing him a PADD. "Run to Engineering and get a complete map of the station and return to me." He nodded and ran off.

He walked over to the wall terminal and asked, =/COMPUTER\=Where is the Diplomatic Official ?=/\=

Bio

Lance Krol

Quote from: Connor Price on June 19, 2012, 05:32:20 PM

Connor stood by the rear of the bridge, leaning on the rail behind the Captains chair, idly staring at the viewscreen. He drummed his fingers on the rail. "What are you up to?" He asked, more to himself than anyone else, staring at the motionless ships.

"They're probably going to do something terrible. That's their entire fleet there, apparently. About five ships. Hard to believe they held us up with such a small force, or maybe the war was taking more of a toll on them than was thought. Still, I wouldn't put it past them to just lie about their numbers."

The distance indicator beeped and Taras dropped them out of warp. Executive Jameson, a leading authority in throwing away lives, entered the bridge and stared at the screen like he had any idea what the numbers on it represented. "Are we nearly there yet, Mr. Krol?" He demanded in an imperious voice. He sounded like a character from an old movie.

"Just arriving now, sir. That's why the distance indicator reads zero," Lance replied in his usual neutral tone. He was given a look by the would-be admiral. He deliberately didn't turn to see it. "Mr. Price, ensure all systems are constantly functioning. Mr. Cadenza, keep us at a distance. We'll be beaming Mr. Jameson in if need be. Gentlemen, ladies, you know what to do. Carry on."

He stood up, turned around and gave the Executive a friendly look that said don't say a word. Jameson didn't realise it but kept his mouth shut anyway. Krol didn't know his first name. He didn't much care, either. Sometimes it helped to be socially dysfunctional. "We'll be beaming you aboard any moment now, sir. If you could head down to Engineering and one of Price's people will see you right."

"Very good, Mr. Krol. For someone of your background you're doing very well running this ship," the Executive said, unnecessarily. My background? was Krol's first thought. People care about my background? was his second. The third and foremost thought he had, though, was People are following my career?

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate that," Krol replied, and sat back down. He probably got another look before the Executive left.

And good riddance to him.

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 20, 2012, 04:37:35 PM

"They're probably going to do something terrible. That's their entire fleet there, apparently. About five ships. Hard to believe they held us up with such a small force, or maybe the war was taking more of a toll on them than was thought. Still, I wouldn't put it past them to just lie about their numbers."

The distance indicator beeped and Taras dropped them out of warp. Executive Jameson, a leading authority in throwing away lives, entered the bridge and stared at the screen like he had any idea what the numbers on it represented. "Are we nearly there yet, Mr. Krol?" He demanded in an imperious voice. He sounded like a character from an old movie.

"Just arriving now, sir. That's why the distance indicator reads zero," Lance replied in his usual neutral tone. He was given a look by the would-be admiral. He deliberately didn't turn to see it. "Mr. Price, ensure all systems are constantly functioning. Mr. Cadenza, keep us at a distance. We'll be beaming Mr. Jameson in if need be. Gentlemen, ladies, you know what to do. Carry on."

He stood up, turned around and gave the Executive a friendly look that said don't say a word. Jameson didn't realise it but kept his mouth shut anyway. Krol didn't know his first name. He didn't much care, either. Sometimes it helped to be socially dysfunctional. "We'll be beaming you aboard any moment now, sir. If you could head down to Engineering and one of Price's people will see you right."

"Very good, Mr. Krol. For someone of your background you're doing very well running this ship," the Executive said, unnecessarily. My background? was Krol's first thought. People care about my background? was his second. The third and foremost thought he had, though, was People are following my career?

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate that," Krol replied, and sat back down. He probably got another look before the Executive left.

And good riddance to him.

Time dripped slowly by. The Churchill eventually neared the base in minutes that felt like hours. After all. This was the make or break time for the Federation's negotiators. The Churchill had dropped dramatically slowed down into a sleek orbit around the decrepit station. "We've made it to the base... as you can see, they've been expecting us." stated Cadenza, his brow furrowed as the station and the other ships almost filled the viewscreen.
Taras followed his superior, and friend's, orders without delay...

Kirok

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on June 20, 2012, 04:42:22 PM

Time dripped slowly by. The Churchill eventually neared the base in minutes that felt like hours. After all. This was the make or break time for the Federation's negotiators. The Churchill had dropped dramatically slowed down into a sleek orbit around the decrepit station. "We've made it to the base... as you can see, they've been expecting us." stated Cadenza, his brow furrowed as the station and the other ships almost filled the viewscreen.

Taras followed his superior, and friend's, orders without delay...

Kirok glanced down at his monitor and then looked back up.  "Continuing scans of pirate ships.  Nothing hostile to report at this time" he added.  He made a slight change to scanning function to see if he could gather any information about who was inside the ships, what species they were, as well as their current technology.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 20, 2012, 05:53:23 PM

Kirok glanced down at his monitor and then looked back up.  "Continuing scans of pirate ships.  Nothing hostile to report at this time" he added.  He made a slight change to scanning function to see if he could gather any information about who was inside the ships, what species they were, as well as their current technology.

"Very good. Mr. Price, take Mr. Jameson down to the transporter room please. We'll be staying on the ship and ready for combat." Lance brought up the physical scans of the pirates and kept them on the main screen. It wouldn't really do any good to know where they were, but Lance allowed himself one useless little idiosyncrasy and that was knowing where everything was.

Raymundo Salas

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 20, 2012, 04:37:35 PM

Ray exited the turbolift near Engineering, outside the Transporter Room Looking around he spotted standing next to the Chief Engineer who he assumed was the Diplomat, given he was the only one not in a Starfleet uniform. Walking up to the man he introduced himself, "Hello, I am Security Crewman Salas, I will be seeing to your safety on the station. Now if I can have but a moment of your time we need to discuss some contingency plans in the event that things take a turn for the worse."

The man turned and gave him a hard stare that made him feel like a horse being inspected before purchase. He half expected the man to ask to see his teeth. He was of average height but had a sharp angular face that gave the impression of hawk, but his eyes had that look of what he could almost call boredom

"I have been at the negotiation table for many years, I do not foresee us having any difficulties. These castaways just want somthing and I will find out what it is, that is all. It is a simple thing. Furthermore please refrain form speaking, and when I wish you to do refure to me only as Mr Jameson." with that he Marched to the Transporter Room.

Bio

Connor Price

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 20, 2012, 06:06:26 PM

"Very good. Mr. Price, take Mr. Jameson down to the transporter room please. We'll be staying on the ship and ready for combat." Lance brought up the physical scans of the pirates and kept them on the main screen. It wouldn't really do any good to know where they were, but Lance allowed himself one useless little idiosyncrasy and that was knowing where everything was.

Connor nodded and stood straight, gesturing for the diplomat to follow him. He quickly progressed down to the transporter room, official and a security crewman he didn't know in tow. The transport was a simple operation, and Connor was soon ready. He tapped his combadge.

=/\= Price to bridge, ready to transport =/\= He told Lance.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Connor Price on June 20, 2012, 07:08:11 PM

Connor nodded and stood straight, gesturing for the diplomat to follow him. He quickly progressed down to the transporter room, official in tow. The transport was a simple operation, and Connor was soon ready. He tapped his combadge.

=/\= Price to bridge, ready to transport =/\= He told Lance.

=/\=Krol to Price=/\=
Very good, transport him now.
=/\=Out=/\=

Lance stared intently at the space station. It was derelict and the life support systems had been rebooted especially for the occasion. What if the pirates planned to vent the station?

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.