Season 1, Mission 09: Flight

Started by Lance Krol, June 05, 2012, 07:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Meanwhile, Kirok walked into Engineering.  He immediately noticed that it was absent of any senior officers, so he did not have to salute anyone.  'Interesting' he thought to himself regarding the absence of the Chief of Engineering.  It wasn't a judgement as much as a simple observation.  "Greetings" he said to a fellow crewman and then made his way to the nearest available work terminal.  He logged in to the terminal and started running a diagnostic on the routing subroutines, just as Masters had ordered.

As the diagnostic was running, Kirok looked up from his station.  The first thing that he noticed was that the room was much louder than the others on the ship.  The noise was not pleasant to his Vulcan ears and he was glad that he had chosen Security/Tactical over Engineering.  Secondly, he noticed that the crewmen were working rather efficiently, even in the absence of the Chief.

Kirok's terminal beeped, causing him to look down.  The diagnostic had detected an error in one of the subroutines.  He corrected it quickly and reran the diagnostic.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 09, 2012, 02:18:10 PM

"Good job, Mr. Masters. Keep going, we'll be there in a few minutes if I'm correct. Mr Soreka, I've asked you once already!" he prompted the flight control officer.

Zuriel continued to keep his eyes on  his console stream, "I heard you the first time sir, and with all due respect I'm a little busy, I have to time this perfectly, the asteroids are moving faster than the sensors initially picked up, I have to continuously alter the warp drop location if we are to avoid a head on collision, and to answer your question we are dropping out of warp in....now."

As the warp bubble broke the Churchill was thrust into a thick formation of asteroids, some of them the size of people others as big as a starbase, the biggest in the area directly in front of the ship, "Navigational sensors of line, switching to manual , adjusting heading  120 mark 135!"

The ship took a huge dip under the hulking asteroid, the screeches and pangs of the smaller asteroids could be heard on the hull, "it alright it's alright worst things have happened..." Zuriel was now using the view screen to fly now, his fingers tapping feverishly away at the console, "Follow its roll once its starboard side breaks the y axis, we will ride it up and away, use the thrusters to bounce us off its gravity on my mark....ready, steady...mark!"

The forward bottom and the aft top thrusters fired, sending the ship scrapping  on the gravity field surrounding the asteroid, once the aft of the ship was clear  Zuriel increased impulse speed so they would not catch a second round as the moved away.  "Ship clear sir but we are not out of it yet, The entire field is in constant motion,  our best bet will be to fly form big one to big one,  I can fly around those easy enough, but their gravity will be useful with keeping the little ones at away bringing us up heading 90 Mark 0." The heading would take them to the next monstrous asteroid, Zuriel's plan was to bounce around the field would soon be tested.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on June 09, 2012, 06:35:17 PM

Zuriel continued to keep his eyes on  his console stream, "I heard you the first time sir, and with all due respect I'm a little busy, I have to time this perfectly, the asteroids are moving faster than the sensors initially picked up, I have to continuously alter the warp drop location if we are to avoid a head on collision, and to answer your question we are dropping out of warp in....now."

As the warp bubble broke the Churchill was thrust into a thick formation of asteroids, some of them the size of people others as big as a starbase, the biggest in the area directly in front of the ship, "Navigational sensors of line, switching to manual , adjusting heading  120 mark 135!"

The ship took a huge dip under the hulking asteroid, the screeches and pangs of the smaller asteroids could be heard on the hull, "it alright it's alright worst things have happened..." Zuriel was now using the view screen to fly now, his fingers tapping feverishly away at the console, "Follow its roll once its starboard side breaks the y axis, we will ride it up and away, use the thrusters to bounce us off its gravity on my mark....ready, steady...mark!"

The forward bottom and the aft top thrusters fired, sending the ship scrapping  on the gravity field surrounding the asteroid, once the aft of the ship was clear  Zuriel increased impulse speed so they would not catch a second round as the moved away.  "Ship clear sir but we are not out of it yet, The entire field is in constant motion,  our best bet will be to fly form big one to big one,  I can fly around those easy enough, but their gravity will be useful with keeping the little ones at away bringing us up heading 90 Mark 0." The heading would take them to the next monstrous asteroid, Zuriel's plan was to bounce around the field would soon be tested.

When they dropped from warp Masters cursed under his breath. It was too soon. "Yellow alert" he called out, watching as his board began to light up, and the shields power. They wouldn't be perfect, but the the modifications he added in would aide them in not taking damage from the small asteroids and hopefully repel some all together.

=/Masters to Kirok, We have exited warp, rush what you are doing and get to the Bridge, I have systems I need you to monitor. Masters to Salas, lead the teams throughout the ship, I want constant patrols and be ready for anything, Masters out\= He said. He began to watch the sensors, it would be tough to pick out a ship in all of this, but he had to be diligent, a surprise attack is a bad attack.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on June 09, 2012, 06:35:17 PM

"Better idea, Mr. Soreka. Bring us up to the average speed of the belt and just maneuver between the asteroids at your leisure. Alert me when we're within transporter range of the mining facility."

Lance tapped his badge and relayed a message.

=/\=Lance to Masters and Price=/\=

I want you two to go on the away team and find out what happened to the base. Take all personnel and equipment you deem necessary to accomplish your objective by any means not involving collateral damage. Tobias will be leading the group as a whole but you'll be expected to lead your own men from your own department.

=/\=Over=/\=

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 09, 2012, 06:56:38 PM

"Better idea, Mr. Soreka. Bring us up to the average speed of the belt and just maneuver between the asteroids at your leisure. Alert me when we're within transporter range of the mining facility."

I want you two to go on the away team and find out what happened to the base. Take all personnel and equipment you deem necessary to accomplish your objective by any means not involving collateral damage. Tobias will be leading the group as a whole but you'll be expected to lead your own men from your own department.

=/\=Over=/\=

"Sir the Asteroids are following an orbital pattern around the sun yes, but each asteroid is rotating on its own axis, which means if I speed up we will crash, this is an intrepid class not a runabout sir." Zuriel was all for following orders, when it didn't involve crashing several thousands metric tons of starship into an asteroid field. "I can still get us through on good time sir, but it going to require a little more touch."

Dustin J. Guidry

Guidry was off duty for the day, so he took it upon himself to get in some more training. He headed to the holo deck, and called for the arch. Going over to the arch he brought up a program, it was a advanced hand to hand combat class level 5. This was the highest know level of star fleet combat teachings. He had already passed this course once, but all of his time in the labs were not helping him keep in shape. He needed to brush up on his skills, just in case he needed them for any enemy are a crew member who got out of line. Once he fond the setting that he wanted this test to take place in he began the program.

The holo deck went from metal walls, to the inside of a ancient dojo from the 18th century. Around this room, was all the things someone would have expected from swords, staffs, and even samurai armor status. Once the program began, an old elderly man appeared in the middle of the floor.

"Welcome young warrior, I am master Yu. Today you will be tested against five warriors, you must defeat each of them to prove yourself worthy."

Guidry walked over to the side of floor, putting down his bag of things he may need soon. He was already dressed in the attire of the time. White baggy pants with a black belt. He then walked over to the middle of the floor, getting his body ready as he did so.

"Computer disengage safety parameters, and begin second stage of program."

For the next hour and a half, the fighting with the holo grams were very intense. Guidry had managed to defeat each of them, but as he went on they were getting much harder. It was now time for him to face his final challenge, he prepared himself. When once again master Yu appeared in the middle of the dojo floor.

'You have done very weel young warrior, you have defeated each of the current fighters. but for your final test you must defeat a true master, to prove yourself worthy. Prepair yourself, this will be your greatest challange."

The old man looked weak and slow, but guidry knew that this meant nothing since he was just a hologram. The last fight was mind blowing for the crewman, the speed and agility of this old hologram was amazing. Each time he landed a hit on the master, he could fill it threw his hands and feet, and each time the master landed a hit on him, it was as a real person was hitting him. it took him sometime to defeat this man, buy the time he was done his body was now bruised and sore, some parts were even bleeding including his head.

With much pain threw out his body, he limped over to where he had left his supply bag. Using some medical tools, that he had hidden inside oft he bag, he healed his wounds as if they had never even existed in the first place. Once his body was fixed, he walked into the middel of the floor and knelled down. After clearing his mind, he went into a deep meditation state.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

Lance Krol

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on June 09, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

"Sir the Asteroids are following an orbital pattern around the sun yes, but each asteroid is rotating on its own axis, which means if I speed up we will crash, this is an intrepid class not a runabout sir." Zuriel was all for following orders, when it didn't involve crashing several thousands metric tons of starship into an asteroid field. "I can still get us through on good time sir, but it going to require a little more touch."

"Do what you think is best, Mr. Soreka. I'm fine with anything that will take us from A to B without detouring," Lance replied, mildly. He continued watching the display, confident in his officer's ability.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 09, 2012, 06:56:38 PM

=/\=Over=/\=

Masters looked over at the Engineering console, seeing that both Price and Bradley still stood there, then he looked back at the Commander whom had just called them over the ship comm system. Masters tapped his badge from across the room =/Masters to Commander Krol, Aye sir\= He said, going back to his tactical board long enough to finish up what he was working on.

=/Masters to Salas, I'm currently on the Bridge, not sure for how long, report to me as soon as you possibly can. Masters to Kirok, belay my previous order, I need you on the Bridge now\= He called. He would man his post until relief showed up or until they got close to the mine they were to investigate.

=/Masters to T'ra, could you get me an analysis of what the environment is like in this mine, I need to know how stable it is in case we need to fire weapons or take special precautions, and I need to know if it has breathable atmosphere in it, natural or mechanical\= He called to the science officer.

Kirok

Quote from: Tobias Masters on June 10, 2012, 10:46:44 AM

Masters looked over at the Engineering console, seeing that both Price and Bradley still stood there, then he looked back at the Commander whom had just called them over the ship comm system. Masters tapped his badge from across the room =/Masters to Commander Krol, Aye sir\= He said, going back to his tactical board long enough to finish up what he was working on.

=/Masters to Salas, I'm currently on the Bridge, not sure for how long, report to me as soon as you possibly can. Masters to Kirok, belay my previous order, I need you on the Bridge now\= He called. He would man his post until relief showed up or until they got close to the mine they were to investigate.

=/Masters to T'ra, could you get me an analysis of what the environment is like in this mine, I need to know how stable it is in case we need to fire weapons or take special precautions, and I need to know if it has breathable atmosphere in it, natural or mechanical\= He called to the science officer.

=/Aya, Sir\= said Kirok after tapping his com badge.  =/I have yet to check the weapon upgrades, but can come back to them later\= he added as his work terminal indicated that the diagnostic had completed running an all subroutines were in good working order.  =/I'm on my way to the Bridge now\= Kirok said as he logged out of the work terminal.   Kirok left Engineering and took the quickest path to the Bridge.  There was no urgency in Masters' orders, but the ship was on Yellow Alert and Masters had belayed his previous order to get him to the Bridge quicker.  After a few minutes, Kirok entered the Bridge and went directly over to his workstation.  "Reporting in, Sir" Kiror said to Masters, saluting as he did.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Kirok on June 10, 2012, 12:57:20 PM

=/Aya, Sir\= said Kirok after tapping his com badge.  =/I have yet to check the weapon upgrades, but can come back to them later\= he added as his work terminal indicated that the diagnostic had completed running an all subroutines were in good working order.  =/I'm on my way to the Bridge now\= Kirok said as he logged out of the work terminal.   Kirok left Engineering and took the quickest path to the Bridge.  There was no urgency in Masters' orders, but the ship was on Yellow Alert and Masters had belayed his previous order to get him to the Bridge quicker.  After a few minutes, Kirok entered the Bridge and went directly over to his workstation.  "Reporting in, Sir" Kiror said to Masters, saluting as he did.

Masters looked to Kirok "at ease" he said while finishing up a couple of things that he had been in the middle of. "I'm leading an away team, I want you on tactical while I am gone. Mr. Salas is on security with orders to patrol the corridors and ensure no unwanted guests board and do anything bad. I'll be available on my combadge if you need me, I have to ready an away team, call me if you need anything" he said, heading for the turbolift. "Conner, if you don't mind, lets meet in transporter room 3 in say fifteen minutes. I'd like to try to limit our number to no more than five if possible, and I would like to take two security with me, let me know if you need more" he said as the doors to the lift closed.

Taras Cadenza

Taras stood at the back of the bridge, at one of the consoles, monitoring it. He may as well make himself useful. His mind still hadn't moved from the his earlier thought process, much to his chagrin. Still... there must have been something that he... Ah... wait a second.

Quote from: Tobias Masters on June 10, 2012, 02:10:11 PM

Masters looked to Kirok "at ease" he said while finishing up a couple of things that he had been in the middle of. "I'm leading an away team, I want you on tactical while I am gone. Mr. Salas is on security with orders to patrol the corridors and ensure no unwanted guests board and do anything bad. I'll be available on my combadge if you need me, I have to ready an away team, call me if you need anything" he said, heading for the turbolift. "Conner, if you don't mind, lets meet in transporter room 3 in say fifteen minutes. I'd like to try to limit our number to no more than five if possible, and I would like to take two security with me, let me know if you need more" he said as the doors to the lift closed.

Ahh... a perfect opportunity. Grab it while you can.

Without delay... Taras hesitated. The contradiction was easily over come, as he smashed his palm into his combadge.

=^="Lt. JG Cadenza to Lt. Masters, sir... I would like to request the opportunity to assist you on the away mission. This sort of mission is my speciality, after all... if that is alright. =^=

The sad thing was that it really was his speciality. The days when I can bluff. I await them with baited breath.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on June 10, 2012, 03:30:42 PM

Taras stood at the back of the bridge, at one of the consoles, monitoring it. He may as well make himself useful. His mind still hadn't moved from the his earlier thought process, much to his chagrin. Still... there must have been something that he... Ah... wait a second.

Ahh... a perfect opportunity. Grab it while you can.

Without delay... Taras hesitated. The contradiction was easily over come, as he smashed his palm into his combadge.

=^="Lt. JG Cadenza to Lt. Masters, sir... I would like to request the opportunity to assist you on the away mission. This sort of mission is my speciality, after all... if that is alright. =^=

The sad thing was that it really was his speciality. The days when I can bluff. I await them with baited breath.

Masters heard the mans request over the comm. He had thought of taking Zuriel as he was familiar with the man, but Taras should work well on the team as well. =/Acknowledged Lieutenant, get me the information I need on weapons and atmosphere. I am not sure if T'ra has gotten it yet, but you might check with her. I need to know if we can breath down there and if we can shoot stuff. Masters out\= He told Cadenza from the turbolift. He went to the armory, once there he would get the armaments for the away team.

Kirok

Quote from: Tobias Masters on June 10, 2012, 02:10:11 PM

Kirok relaxed into an at ease position.  "Aye, Sir" he replied, now understanding why Masters had belayed his previous order and had him come to the Bridge immediately.  He logged into the duty station and began his work.  All systems checked at 100% capacity, even with the ship at Yellow Alert.  "Initiating scans of the area now, Lt Commander Krol" Kirok called out and then added "Would you like me to set up a tachyon detection grid, Sir?"  He knew that the ship had run into several cloaked pirate ships in its short history and wanted to ready for that possibility again.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 10, 2012, 04:49:54 PM

Kirok relaxed into an at ease position.  "Aye, Sir" he replied, now understanding why Masters had belayed his previous order and had him come to the Bridge immediately.  He logged into the duty station and began his work.  All systems checked at 100% capacity, even with the ship at Yellow Alert.  "Initiating scans of the area now, Lt Commander Krol" Kirok called out and then added "Would you like me to set up a tachyon detection grid, Sir?"  He knew that the ship had run into several cloaked pirate ships in its short history and wanted to ready for that possibility again.

"Do so, Mr. Kirok. That's a half-decent idea," he replied from the center chair, noting to himself in an unrelated moment of realisation how little use a captain or a first officer was outside of conflict situations. The ship could almost run itself if it didn't need a conduit for orders to be passed on. He lamented briefly that Mr. Price was doing a more useful job than he was, and that he could've been doing that job if he'd had the presence of mind to refuse that promotion.

How bittersweet the hands of fate do lie, he recalled, a line from a 22nd century play. He still didn't understand what it meant beyond its vague, general meaning of 'stuff happens'.

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 10, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

"Do so, Mr. Kirok. That's a half-decent idea," he replied from the center chair, noting to himself in an unrelated moment of realisation how little use a captain or a first officer was outside of conflict situations. The ship could almost run itself if it didn't need a conduit for orders to be passed on. He lamented briefly that Mr. Price was doing a more useful job than he was, and that he could've been doing that job if he'd had the presence of mind to refuse that promotion.

How bittersweet the hands of fate do lie, he recalled, a line from a 22nd century play. He still didn't understand what it meant beyond its vague, general meaning of 'stuff happens'.

"Thank you, Sir" Kirok replied flatly.  He considered allowing to enjoy the satisfaction of making a good suggestion, but avoided it.  He had already made one mistake on the Bridge, by peeking into someones thoughts, and did not want to risk making another mistake if he relaxed his disciplined mind.  He tapped some commands at his duty station and armed 6 probes with micro probe packages which would pick up and send tachyon readings back to the ship.  "Launching 6 Mark IV Carrier Probes now, Sir" he added as he launched the probes away from the ship.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.