News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 1, Mission 09: Flight

Started by Lance Krol, June 05, 2012, 07:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 15, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

"Good, make it so," Krol ordered as he stepped away from Zuriel and went back to the centre chair. "Stay on yellow alert, keep weapons powered unless we need the power elsewhere. If they ambush us we'll be ready." It was clear he was referring to the pirates everybody assumed were behind it.

*Aya, Sir" Kirok replied.  He made a few changes to the controls at his duty station.  "Phasers are powered and at the ready.  Torpedoes are being loaded as we speak" he informed the Lt Commander. 

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 15, 2012, 04:31:22 PM

*Aya, Sir" Kirok replied.  He made a few changes to the controls at his duty station.  "Phasers are powered and at the ready.  Torpedoes are being loaded as we speak" he informed the Lt Commander.

Lance nodded silently and tapped his badge.

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

We're standing by to give support if needed, weapons are active. Have you found anything yet?

=/\=Over=/\=

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Connor Price on June 15, 2012, 08:06:15 AM

Connor nodded. "Sounds like a plan." He moved off to a nearby console, trying to get a bit of power out of the dimmed display. He shook his head "Come on!" He muttered, tapping furiously at the dim display, trying route power around the dormant systems. Suddenly, the room lit up and fresh air was pumped into the room. "Thank you, I'll be here all week." He said to the away team as he removed his helmet and gulped down some of the stale air.

Masters grinned at the mans joke. He was efficient, quick and had a sense of humor. Masters walked to a a terminal, logging in using a Starfleet over ride code, he accessed the foreman's system. He accessed the tunnel grid and found not only the tunnel they were working in, but that it had recently been ordered shut down for some reason. His last log was that he was going down to investigate. "I think we have our first lead" He told the group, "everyone on me" he said after downloading the map onto a PADD and heading in the direction of the mine's airlock. "Seal your suits"
Quote from: Lance Krol on June 15, 2012, 07:24:58 PM

Lance nodded silently and tapped his badge.

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

We're standing by to give support if needed, weapons are active. Have you found anything yet?

=/\=Over=/\=

=/They shut the mine down for some reason, the foremen had gone to investigate, I am heading there now to investigate his investigation Masters out\=

The group made there way down deeper into the mine, every now and again checking their tricorders for anomalous readings. When they reached the mine, Masters' tricorder began to beep. "What the hell?" he said aloud. "I'm picking up Krieger waves" he said while walking into a chamber that was clearly not made by the mining equipment.

=/Away team to Churchill, we have found...something. I don't know if you want a science team down here or what, but I would gladly appreciate it if you would get us off of here, like NOW, and get the ship back, there are low level krieger waves down here emanating from some old looking machine, it has some sort of glyphs on it.\= he called.

Kirok

Quote from: Tobias Masters on June 15, 2012, 08:16:12 PM

=/Away team to Churchill, we have found...something. I don't know if you want a science team down here or what, but I would gladly appreciate it if you would get us off of here, like NOW, and get the ship back, there are low level krieger waves down here emanating from some old looking machine, it has some sort of glyphs on it.\= he called.

Kirok poised his fingers over his duty station.  The shields would need to be lowered before the away team could be beamed aboard.  "I'm ready to lower shields at your order, Lt Commander Krol" Kirok said.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 15, 2012, 09:15:03 PM

Kirok poised his fingers over his duty station.  The shields would need to be lowered before the away team could be beamed aboard.  "I'm ready to lower shields at your order, Lt Commander Krol" Kirok said.

Lance paused and took a deep breath. If this was where they were going to attack, it would be a perfect moment. Breach the hull in a million places then watch as the shields come back up and burn all the air in the ship by sheer heat.

"Do it. As soon as they're all on board, reactivate shields. I want that artifact contained, am I clear? Keep it in a forcefield at all times. Our hull is made of duranium and I'm quite partial to it."

Krieger waves. How lovely. The pirates doubtlessly knew that they'd have to investigate this artifact as per their constant standing orders.

"On my mark. Three, two, one... go."

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 05:46:57 AM

Lance paused and took a deep breath. If this was where they were going to attack, it would be a perfect moment. Breach the hull in a million places then watch as the shields come back up and burn all the air in the ship by sheer heat.

"Do it. As soon as they're all on board, reactivate shields. I want that artifact contained, am I clear? Keep it in a forcefield at all times. Our hull is made of duranium and I'm quite partial to it."

Krieger waves. How lovely. The pirates doubtlessly knew that they'd have to investigate this artifact as per their constant standing orders.

"On my mark. Three, two, one... go."

As Krol started the countdown, Kirok took a quick look at his screen, confirming that nothing had been detected in his tachyon detection grid.  "Dropping shields and locking onto the away team as well as the devise" Kirok called out, reporting his progress.  "Initiating transported beam" he added, looking up from his screen for a brief moment while the transporter beam did its work.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 16, 2012, 01:59:28 PM

As Krol started the countdown, Kirok took a quick look at his screen, confirming that nothing had been detected in his tachyon detection grid.  "Dropping shields and locking onto the away team as well as the devise" Kirok called out, reporting his progress.  "Initiating transported beam" he added, looking up from his screen for a brief moment while the transporter beam did its work.

Krol watched his display and ascertained that the artifact was shielded and in the science department. He tapped his badge quickly.

=/\=Krol to Jones=/\=

I want you to scan that object and find out what it's for. Be careful, it's emitting Krieger waves. Don't go beyond the forcefield.

=/\=Over=/\=

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 02:33:46 PM

Krol watched his display and ascertained that the artifact was shielded and in the science department. He tapped his badge quickly.

=/\=Krol to Jones=/\=

I want you to scan that object and find out what it's for. Be careful, it's emitting Krieger waves. Don't go beyond the forcefield.

=/\=Over=/\=

T'Ra could see something materializing in the science lab with a shield forming around it. Shortly after, she received orders from Krol. Hitting her comm badge, she gave a quick reply.

=/\= Aye, sir. =/\=

Turning her attention back to T'Madh, who by that point had brushed off the crumbs, T'Ra said, "It appears that I must get back to work. Perhaps we could get together in Ten Forward later. Or you could just follow along as I do my work." With that said, she turned and walked towards the strange object in the middle of the room, leaving the crewman to decide what she wanted to do.

The object had materialized onto the large circular table in the middle of the science lab. The object itself was spherical in shape and about twice the size of a basketball. From where she stood about a meter or so away, T'Ra could see that it was simply a complex series of mirrors with what looked like reflexive coils. A multitude of symbols were etched on the outer mirrors, symbols that she didn't recognize. Satisfied with her observations, T'Ra walked over to a console.

Pressing a few buttons, she initiated some scans, and the console beeped when it was done. The scans confirmed her observations, as well the fact that the object was emitting Krieger waves. Krieger waves, why would it be emitting Krieger waves? All T'Ra knew about them was what she learned from studying Dr. Apgar's experiment. There was a lambda field generator on the surface of Tanuga IV that gave off energy pulses. Those pulses were then converted into Krieger waves by a Krieger wave converter, which was essentially a complex series of mirrors and dicosilium reflective coils... just like the strange object. T'Ra arched an eyebrow as she processed that thought in her mind and then hit her comm badge.

=/\= Jones to Krol =/\=
Sir, I believe I know what it is. It appears to be a Krieger wave converter, which would explain the Krieger waves it is emitting. Krieger waves are a form of radiation that can be used either as a weapon or a power source. From the data I have collected, it would be logical to assume that it is a power source. However, a wave converter by itself does not do much. It converts energy pulses emitted lambda field generator or something similar. It is possible that there is another object somewhere.
=/\= Over =/\=

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Lance Krol

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on June 16, 2012, 05:03:49 PM

T'Ra could see something materializing in the science lab with a shield forming around it. Shortly after, she received orders from Krol. Hitting her comm badge, she gave a quick reply.

=/\= Aye, sir. =/\=

Turning her attention back to T'Madh, who by that point had brushed off the crumbs, T'Ra said, "It appears that I must get back to work. Perhaps we could get together in Ten Forward later. Or you could just follow along as I do my work." With that said, she turned and walked towards the strange object in the middle of the room, leaving the crewman to decide what she wanted to do.

The object had materialized onto the large circular table in the middle of the science lab. The object itself was spherical in shape and about twice the size of a basketball. From where she stood about a meter or so away, T'Ra could see that it was simply a complex series of mirrors with what looked like reflexive coils. A multitude of symbols were etched on the outer mirrors, symbols that she didn't recognize. Satisfied with her observations, T'Ra walked over to a console.

Pressing a few buttons, she initiated some scans, and the console beeped when it was done. The scans confirmed her observations, as well the fact that the object was emitting Krieger waves. Krieger waves, why would it be emitting Krieger waves? All T'Ra knew about them was what she learned from studying Dr. Apgar's experiment. There was a lambda field generator on the surface of Tanuga IV that gave off energy pulses. Those pulses were then converted into Krieger waves by a Krieger wave converter, which was essentially a complex series of mirrors and dicosilium reflective coils... just like the strange object. T'Ra arched an eyebrow as she processed that thought in her mind and then hit her comm badge.

=/\= Jones to Krol =/\=
Sir, I believe I know what it is. It appears to be a Krieger wave converter, which would explain the Krieger waves it is emitting. Krieger waves are a form of radiation that can be used either as a weapon or a power source. From the data I have collected, it would be logical to assume that it is a power source. However, a wave converter by itself does not do much. It converts energy pulses emitted lambda field generator or something similar. It is possible that there is another object somewhere.
=/\= Over =/\=

Lance tapped his badge twice to send an automatic acknowledgement and then tapped it again.

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

Mr. Masters, I want a definite location on the miners within half an hour. Be ready for an ambush, we've been here for four hours and nothing. It has to happen soon.

=/\=Over=/\=

He pulled up the readings from the passive tachyon detector on the main screen and watched them intently. He was now downright worried about the situation. Their usual course of action was to attack after their prey had what they wanted in easy reach. Surely by now they'd seen the opportunity. Their shields had gone down and come up, and Á¢â,¬"œ

Wait.

What was that?

"Go to red alert. Now. NOW!" Lance shouted to the entire room. he smacked the visual display on his chair and the screen pointed in the direction of the closest moving object.

There was a small civilian shuttle.

Alongside it were two warships.

"Weapons, shields, battle stations! Go go go!" Lance shouted.

=/\=Krol to Tobias=/\=

The pirates have shown, I want you to hold them off while we evacuate but I still want to know where the miners are.

=/\=Over=/\=

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 06:48:56 PM

He pulled up the readings from the passive tachyon detector on the main screen and watched them intently. He was now downright worried about the situation. Their usual course of action was to attack after their prey had what they wanted in easy reach. Surely by now they'd seen the opportunity. Their shields had gone down and come up, and Á¢â,¬"œ

Wait.

What was that?

"Go to red alert. Now. NOW!" Lance shouted to the entire room. he smacked the visual display on his chair and the screen pointed in the direction of the closest moving object.

There was a small civilian shuttle.

Alongside it were two warships.

"Weapons, shields, battle stations! Go go go!" Lance shouted.

=/\=Krol to Tobias=/\=

The pirates have shown, I want you to hold them off while we evacuate but I still want to know where the miners are.

=/\=Over=/\=

"Going to Red Alert" Kirok replied.  He tapped a command into his duty station and the red alert light and klaxon started.  Then he went about completing Krol's other orders.  "Targeting systems locked on warbirds, ready to fire at your command" Kirok called out.   

Lance Krol

Quote from: Kirok on June 16, 2012, 07:08:00 PM

"Going to Red Alert" Kirok replied.  He tapped a command into his duty station and the red alert light and klaxon started.  Then he went about completing Krol's other orders.  "Targeting systems locked on warbirds, ready to fire at your command" Kirok called out.

"To hell with orders!" he shouted. "Fire at will! Pick them off one at a time!"

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

Find out where we're going, if we shoot off aimlessly we're sitting ducks!

=/\=Over=/\=

Kirok

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 07:11:40 PM

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

=/\=Over=/\=

"Aya, Sir" Kirok replied.  He jabbed two buttons on his touch screen monitor.  The left and right phasers fired off, one at each of the warbirds.  He kept the targeting systems engaged and prepared for his next attack, hoping to avoid the civilian ship that was in the area.  As long as the civilian ship didn't change course or speed, they would be in do danger from the Churchill. 

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 07:11:40 PM

=/\=Krol to Masters=/\=

=/\=Over=/\=

Masters half jogged onto the bridge. He walked over to his post nodding at Kirok. "I see you have been holding down the fort, and I hate to do this to you, but I'll take it from here, take the auxiliary board, and back me up" He said. He liked the chap, but he found since being promoted to Chief of Security he had power and control issues over his board. He began to put together a quick solution, he knew that they needed to get out of there, and he thought he could slow the war-birds down. With the press of a button a wide phase arc lanced across the main screen, one at a time hitting each of the enemy ships, immediately followed by a torpedo he had set to detonate just prior to impact.

He watched the readings as the torpedoes exploded, and found that it had worked on three of the ships. He had successfully formed a temporary bubble of what amounted to dead space. It would render their warp drives useless until they got out of their by impulse, that or wait for it to dissipate which would take about twenty minutes. It would give them some extra time though.

He set the computer to auto fire, a measure to more distract them than anything, this was a battle that they wouldn't be able to do much with, so a serious attack was pretty much out. He looked at his readings, watching for more ships or signs of a trap when he saw something odd. It was a weak communication repeater coming from the mine, and probably not seen before because of the radiation from the machine he had found. It took him a moment, but he managed to get it to a playable level and put it on screen.

This is foreman Jones [indistinguishable] has happened, we are using the emergency shuttle [indistinguishable] be at Outpost 6 Was all he could get. He looked at Krol. "Sir, that is about two hours away at maximum warp" He announced to the Commander.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Tobias Masters on June 16, 2012, 08:31:21 PM

Masters half jogged onto the bridge. He walked over to his post nodding at Kirok. "I see you have been holding down the fort, and I hate to do this to you, but I'll take it from here, take the auxiliary board, and back me up" He said. He liked the chap, but he found since being promoted to Chief of Security he had power and control issues over his board. He began to put together a quick solution, he knew that they needed to get out of there, and he thought he could slow the war-birds down. With the press of a button a wide phase arc lanced across the main screen, one at a time hitting each of the enemy ships, immediately followed by a torpedo he had set to detonate just prior to impact.

He watched the readings as the torpedoes exploded, and found that it had worked on three of the ships. He had successfully formed a temporary bubble of what amounted to dead space. It would render their warp drives useless until they got out of their by impulse, that or wait for it to dissipate which would take about twenty minutes. It would give them some extra time though.

He set the computer to auto fire, a measure to more distract them than anything, this was a battle that they wouldn't be able to do much with, so a serious attack was pretty much out. He looked at his readings, watching for more ships or signs of a trap when he saw something odd. It was a weak communication repeater coming from the mine, and probably not seen before because of the radiation from the machine he had found. It took him a moment, but he managed to get it to a playable level and put it on screen.

This is foreman Jones [indistinguishable] has happened, we are using the emergency shuttle [indistinguishable] be at Outpost 6 Was all he could get. He looked at Krol. "Sir, that is about two hours away at maximum warp" He announced to the Commander.

Lance looked at him briefly, slightly shocked that he would tell a superior officer to step aside. Then he thought about it. Tobias wanted to help. Sure, they'd had their disputes, but he knew more about this kind of situation and he had the best intentions.

"Do it!" He shouted across the clamouring room. He stood up from his chair, looked over to the security board as Kirok was pushed aside and watched as Masters worked wonders.

When the smoke cleared, he gestured to navigation. "Get us to that outpost, now."

Three minutes later, they were underway and the pirates were still floundering. Krol slowly walked over to the console to stand alongside Masters. Slowly, it dawned on him that he owed Tobias something.

He turned to him and stated a series of facts. "Thank you, my friend," he offered, in a totally serious tone. "You've saved our lives, and for once we have the one-up on the pirates because of your actions." He began clapping his hands, and it took everyone else a little while to realise he was applauding his subordinate. Slowly, people took up the cheer, first Masters' own crewmen at the security console and then the chant spread infectiously across the whole bridge. Masters, they were chanting. A hero's name.

Lance held out his hand, and gave Tobias a look. Friends?, it said.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Lance Krol on June 16, 2012, 08:43:48 PM

Lance looked at him briefly, slightly shocked that he would tell a superior officer to step aside. Then he thought about it. Tobias wanted to help. Sure, they'd had their disputes, but he knew more about this kind of situation and he had the best intentions.

"Do it!" He shouted across the clamouring room. He stood up from his chair, looked over to the security board as Kirok was pushed aside and watched as Masters worked wonders.

When the smoke cleared, he gestured to navigation. "Get us to that outpost, now."

Three minutes later, they were underway and the pirates were still floundering. Krol slowly walked over to the console to stand alongside Masters. Slowly, it dawned on him that he owed Tobias something.

He turned to him and stated a series of facts. "Thank you, my friend," he offered, in a totally serious tone. "You've saved our lives, and for once we have the one-up on the pirates because of your actions." He began clapping his hands, and it took everyone else a little while to realise he was applauding his subordinate. Slowly, people took up the cheer, first Masters' own crewmen at the security console and then the chant spread infectiously across the whole bridge. Masters, they were chanting. A hero's name.

Lance held out his hand, and gave Tobias a look. Friends?, it said.

Masters wasn't really sure what to say at this point. Never in his career had someone not only given him full credit for saving a whole ship, but actually started a round of applause. Masters was sure he was blushing, his cheeks felt like they were on fire. He smiled the best he could past his embarrasement at being the center of attention and took Krol's hand. He could not deny that Krol had handled what was given him far better than he would have ever guessed, and he realized he misjudged him earlier on. With a double hand grasp as he shook his hand he called out "Friends" over the ruckus on the bridge. He then turned to the rest of the crew. "Get back to work! We're still not out of this mess yet, eyes on your stations" but it didn't have a hardness to it at all.  It was that moment Masters realized he loved being on the Churchill.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.