Doctor Who

Started by Kale Bridges, May 22, 2012, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Reece Thompson on August 20, 2012, 04:55:12 PM

Use watchseries.eu

They have all the Doctor Who episodes.

My favourite is Matt, then Christopher Ecclestone.
My bugbear with David Tennent... his FANS!

Good lord they infuriate me. They act like he's the ONLY Doctor...

Oh god, don't get me started on the David Tennant fans. I can't see a single Doctor Who vid on YouTube, a single Doctor Who page on Facebook, without some single-minded selfish idiot saying "OMG BRING BACK DAVID TENNANT MATT SMITH SUXXXX!"

Don't get me wrong, they're within their right not to like Matt (despite how unfathomable it is to me as to how anyone can not like him), but for god's sake be mature and except that it's not for you, don't spend two and a half years shouting for his predecessor who left at HIS OWN ACCORD to come back. Well DW doesn't work like that, fool! They aren't gonna throw almost 50 years of established rules and continuity down the drain just 'cause you can't get over your crush.

Ugh... They really are my room 101. >_<

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on August 20, 2012, 05:13:36 PM

Oh god, don't get me started on the David Tennant fans. I can't see a single Doctor Who vid on YouTube, a single Doctor Who page on Facebook, without some single-minded selfish idiot saying "OMG BRING BACK DAVID TENNANT MATT SMITH SUXXXX!"

Don't get me wrong, they're within their right not to like Matt (despite how unfathomable it is to me as to how anyone can not like him), but for god's sake be mature and except that it's not for you, don't spend two and a half years shouting for his predecessor who left at HIS OWN ACCORD to come back. Well DW doesn't work like that, fool! They aren't gonna throw almost 50 years of established rules and continuity down the drain just 'cause you can't get over your crush.

Ugh... They really are my room 101. >_<

^ This

:P I used to like him... but now, I only tolerate him because of them. Matt and Christopher though. FANTASTIC!

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Grace Masters

Quote from: Reece Thompson on August 20, 2012, 05:16:35 PM

^ This

:P I used to like him... but now, I only tolerate him because of them. Matt and Christopher though. FANTASTIC!

I'll probably ending up licking Matt over David Tennant cause that's the one I'm watching first lol.

Set phasers to kill.

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: Grace Masters on August 20, 2012, 05:22:20 PM

I'll probably ending up licking Matt over David Tennant cause that's the one I'm watching first lol.

Hm, alright then. lmao

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Grace Masters on August 20, 2012, 05:22:20 PM

You're going to lick Matt Smith over??? Little bit smutty for this forum :P

(I agree though ;) )

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Jonathan Sanchez

Smith, really? Eh, only if covered in chocolate or beer.

....And I was drunk. Very, very, very.....very drunk.

David Tennant on the other hand......lol

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on August 22, 2012, 11:02:52 PM

....And I was drunk. Very, very, very.....very drunk.

David Tennant on the other hand......lol

Hey, lay off the Smith. :P You're only proving me and Reece's point further, my good man. :P

Benjamin Bradley

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on August 23, 2012, 07:37:14 AM

Hey, lay off the Smith. :P You're only proving me and Reece's point further, my good man. :P

Was wondering what you guys thought of the off and on again push for a female doctor. If that ever happens, I also wonder if 'she' would have a male companion.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on August 22, 2012, 11:02:52 PM

Or Chocolate AND beer ;)

But Smith is awesome anyway.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Lance Krol

Please, the series failed when they started recruiting models instead of actors to play the leading roles. Let it die.

Saffir G'Tollikos

Quote from: Lance Krol on August 23, 2012, 02:47:39 PM

Please, the series failed when they started recruiting models instead of actors to play the leading roles. Let it die.

I completely disagree with that statement, but will defend to the death your right to say it. And be wrong.

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Lance Krol on August 23, 2012, 02:47:39 PM

My dear Lance, I respect you as a commanding officer, and a good friend. But all the same, I don't think you know what you're talking about. I mean... THE AWARD-WINNING MILLION-RATINGS-PULLING DOCTOR WHO IS A FAILURE, EH? I GUESS ME, SHELAF AND REECE AND THE OTHER BILLION FANS AROUND THE WORLD ARE WASTING THEIR TIME EH?

You are wrong. Your opinion is wrong. Your view on Doctor Who is completely foolish and nonsensical, not to mention enraging to an incredible degree. Matt Smith is an extremely talented actor, not just in Doctor Who, but in various other roles, as well as being the only BAFTA-nominated Doctor in the show's history. Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are also amazing companions, and the show frequently surpasses the quality of the vast majority of other Television show in Great Britain.

No, I will not let the show I love die. This bloody show means the world to me, and whilst you are under no obligation to like it, don't you dare dismiss it with a "let it die". And never accuse it of failing. Because you are completely, and utterly wrong.

Lance Krol

Well, I'm not gonna get into an internet argument. I just gave it up two episodes into the Matt Smith era because it was so freakin' stupid. Those puppet things with the rotating faces were fucking scary - why did we have to have 'human hybrids'? Why couldn't they just stick in the uncanny valley where they're actually creepy? And in the first episode the ship that could blast him to hell and leave nothing to regenerate runs away because 'I'm the Doctor. Look me up.' The suspension on my disbelief just snapped right there. I can't stand to watch my favorite sci-fi series be butchered by the script writers. I will say it's not Matt Smith's fault - they've just jumped the shark in terms of quality. People still watch, but I don't like the new plotlines. I still watch the old shows though :)

ThomasRiker

I was thinking something along the lines of Startrek and Doctor Who crossovers... if the Borg were to assimilate some of the Silence, would they remember?

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on August 23, 2012, 06:00:01 PM

I was thinking something along the lines of Startrek and Doctor Who crossovers... if the Borg were to assimilate some of the Silence, would they remember?

They did it was a comic
http://trekmovie.com/2012/07/24/trekink-comics-review-tribbles-tardis-and-borg-oh-my/

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.