Season 1, Mission 08: Prison Break

Started by John Brown, May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on May 15, 2012, 03:31:20 PM

Taras finally decided to pay the bridge a visit. For once, he was actually going out of moral self-obligation, instead of "I'm coming!".
He smiled to himself as he entered the turbolift. He had made the use of the majority of his free time to overcome his writer's block, but to no avail. There was no point, but to clear his mind.

By entering the room of pure frantic chaos, no doubt.

By the time the turbolift had come to a stop, there was no franticness in the atmosphere. Instead, Taras was relatively surprised at what he did see.

Lance Krol. He had the bridge. Under control. Well, look what we have here. He's done it! Overcome his demons and now... he's running the bridge like any other acting officer.

He was about to have a word with Zuriel, when he noticed out of the corner of his eye - A THIRD PIP ON KROL'S COLLAR. ...Impressive... most impressive...
He instead turned to his now double superior, with a half-smile on his face. It was composed partially out of wonder, partially out of awe, and partially out of '...who did you bribe?'

"Mr. Krol, the legendary James T. Kirk didn't even storm up the ranks as quickly as you have. You'll be taking Commander Clarke's job next." smiled Taras, gesturing towards the aforementioned black pip.

Zuriel did not turn a she heard the turbolift open, to be honest he was still a bit nervous being around so many superiors at the same time, Back on DS5 everything was laid back as long as you got your work down, be here everything stood on the edge of a knife and you were just as likely to get attacked by pirates as you were to get a pat on the back. Once Zuriel realized that Lt.Cadenza was  now present, now his department head was here it was truly a party now. Zuriel would try and shake most of these distracting thoughts off, he had a ship to fly and he had had to be mentally ready  for what ever would come to pass on the other end. " Lt. Cadenza good to see you sir, I trust your time off has been eventful? had time to get your check up?" the last part was a bit of a joke as he found most human males hated going to sick bay for anything less than loss of limb.

Taras Cadenza

Lance smiled and turned off the music player. A rock tune from the 22nd century cut off as he replied "The legendary James T. Kirk was overrated. He was prone to disobedience, a fact that was hidden from all because as a captain he never had to take orders from anyone. He would've climbed much faster had he listened to those who knew more than him." His tone of voice was quite pleasant and conversational as he carried out this damning analysis. "I listen to people because I have nothing interesting to say, and I'm orders of magnitude more intelligent than him. Combined, these traits make for a far better officer in very nearly every way."

"What about you, Taras? How's life in flight control? I guess we'll be seeing more of each other now I'm second officer," he asked of his subordinate. It wasn't long ago they'd been equal in rank and brothers in arms. He felt a wall growing between them, made of the extra golden pip on his chest. It was an unpleasant feeling Á¢â,¬"œ he'd have to meet up with Taras later and do something fun to reassure himself if nothing else.

----

He did not just diss the legendary James T. Kirk. HE. DID. NO-

"Flight control? Well, it's always a excitement to be at the helm. Even more so when you're in the captain's chair, I'm guessing. Seriously, I admire you, my friend." smiled Taras, his half-smile smoothing into a more reassuring, calm grin.

"Lt. Cadenza good to see you sir, I trust your time off has been eventful? had time to get your check up?" the last part was a bit of a joke as he found most human males hated going to sick bay for anything less than loss of limb.

"Aha, Mr. Soreka. Good to see you again!" Taras grinned, striding over to the helm, giving the "we'll talk later" hand gesture to his now Superior. He optimistically grabbed Zuriel's hand and shook it. "I'm feeling much refreshed, thank you. How are you finding life here on the Churchill?"

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on May 16, 2012, 04:26:43 PM

----

He did not just diss the legendary James T. Kirk. HE. DID. NO-

"Flight control? Well, it's always a excitement to be at the helm. Even more so when you're in the captain's chair, I'm guessing. Seriously, I admire you, my friend." smiled Taras, his half-smile smoothing into a more reassuring, calm grin.

"Aha, Mr. Soreka. Good to see you again!" Taras grinned, striding over to the helm, giving the "we'll talk later" hand gesture to his now Superior. He optimistically grabbed Zuriel's hand and shook it. "I'm feeling much refreshed, thank you. How are you finding life here on the Churchill?"

"Good to see you as well sir!" Zuriel said enthusiastically as she shook the lieutenants hand. "It loving it Sir, A lot more open than DS5, and here people actually talk to you and they don't have nervous breakdowns over their work."  It was a quite a change but a good one, for years Zuriel had dreamt of the assignment that would send him back to the stars, and when he got his orders he almost danced his way to the airlock. "It's good to fly again Sir."

Michael Ferdinand

(OOC: A JP between myself and Raymundo)
Raymundo couldn't tell which was louder, the sound of his boots hitting the deck, or the pounding of this heart. They were in one of the REC rooms of the ship, in fact were the ones he was in this morning. Although being from the academy doing pacers was not very new to him.

He reached the far wall for the 35th time of the 8th set, after which the Doctor stopped the clock. Looking down at it, she frowned for a moment before covering it back up with a stern exterior. "Very good. You had a full thirty seconds left that time."

Raymundo gave her a smile through gasping breaths and said, "Well I take it you can't get any better than that."

Alyssa returned with a wolfish grin. "Do it again. This time, move faster and try to take a minute off."

[Thirty-five minutes later]
"....And time!" Alyssa shouted, hitting the stop button on the stopwatch. She was exhausted from watching all of the running. "Everything seems to be in check. You are dismissed." However, instead of waiting for Raymundo to leave, Alyssa was the first one out. Heading towards Masters' office, she accessed the turbolift and found that she had gotten herself lost. After a several minutes, she finally found her way. Outside of the door, she pressed the "doorbell" and awaited for the ability to enter.

Raymundo stood there as he tried to catch his breath. "She is a strange person." he mumbled to himself before finally leaving to report to his station.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:10:38 PM

(OOC: A JP between myself and Raymundo)
Raymundo couldn't tell which was louder, the sound of his boots hitting the deck, or the pounding of this heart. They were in one of the REC rooms of the ship, in fact were the ones he was in this morning. Although being from the academy doing pacers was not very new to him.

He reached the far wall for the 35th time of the 8th set, after which the Doctor stopped the clock. Looking down at it, she frowned for a moment before covering it back up with a stern exterior. "Very good. You had a full thirty seconds left that time."

Raymundo gave her a smile through gasping breaths and said, "Well I take it you can't get any better than that."

Alyssa returned with a wolfish grin. "Do it again. This time, move faster and try to take a minute off."

[Thirty-five minutes later]
"....And time!" Alyssa shouted, hitting the stop button on the stopwatch. She was exhausted from watching all of the running. "Everything seems to be in check. You are dismissed." However, instead of waiting for Raymundo to leave, Alyssa was the first one out. Heading towards Masters' office, she accessed the turbolift and found that she had gotten herself lost. After a several minutes, she finally found her way. Outside of the door, she pressed the "doorbell" and awaited for the ability to enter.

Raymundo stood there as he tried to catch his breath. "She is a strange person." he mumbled to himself before finally leaving to report to his station.

Masters called out for the person to enter and stood up pulling at his uniform to straighten it. He still didn't like this style uniform as much as his old two piece. He had two padds on his desk, one for Raymundo, and one for Alyssa Meadows.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 16, 2012, 10:29:38 PM

Masters called out for the person to enter and stood up pulling at his uniform to straighten it. He still didn't like this style uniform as much as his old two piece. He had two padds on his desk, one for Raymundo, and one for Alyssa Meadows.

Alyssa entered the room, keeping the stern look on her face. She was in enemy territory now and was not about to giver her defenses away. "You wished to see me?" she asked.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:31:13 PM

Alyssa entered the room, keeping the stern look on her face. She was in enemy territory now and was not about to giver her defenses away. "You wished to see me?" she asked.

"Please, have a seat Ms. Meadows, I am just doing some interviews with the new members of the crew, it shouldn't take very long" he said walking to the small replicator. "Could I get you something to drink?" he asked her, hand resting next to the replicator panel.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 16, 2012, 10:34:08 PM

"Please, have a seat Ms. Meadows, I am just doing some interviews with the new members of the crew, it shouldn't take very long" he said walking to the small replicator. "Could I get you something to drink?" he asked her, hand resting next to the replicator panel.

"Coffee, black." Alyssa said as she took a seat. She cherished the beverage more than anything, for it was the beverage of choice by her role model. "So, you want to see how crazy I am before I can establish my reign of terror." she said sarcastically. "Hit me with your best shot."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:37:55 PM

"Coffee, black." Alyssa said as she took a seat. She cherished the beverage more than anything, for it was the beverage of choice by her role model. "So, you want to see how crazy I am before I can establish my reign of terror." she said sarcastically. "Hit me with your best shot."

Masters ordered drinks for the both of them, coffee for her and Whiskey for him. "That is exactly what I am trying to figure out" He said taking a seat after handing her the drink. He sipped from his and picked up a padd. "Tell me, if you were doing an exam on yourself, what would you conclude? Specifically in the psychological aspect" he said leaning back in his chair.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 16, 2012, 10:41:15 PM

Masters ordered drinks for the both of them, coffee for her and Whiskey for him. "That is exactly what I am trying to figure out" He said taking a seat after handing her the drink. He sipped from his and picked up a padd. "Tell me, if you were doing an exam on yourself, what would you conclude? Specifically in the psychological aspect" he said leaning back in his chair.

Alyssa contemplated the question for a moment. "Well, seeing as I was a counselor for a while prior to becoming a medical officer, I would have to say that I am a psycho bitch that knows how to have a good time." She smirked at him after she said this, wondering if he took what she said seriously or not. Hopefully he did, for she was being completely honest.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:45:08 PM

Alyssa contemplated the question for a moment. "Well, seeing as I was a counselor for a while prior to becoming a medical officer, I would have to say that I am a psycho bitch that knows how to have a good time." She smirked at him after she said this, wondering if he took what she said seriously or not. Hopefully he did, for she was being completely honest.

"I could honestly care less about diagnoses, I am more concerned about being fit for duty. I appreciate the candor, but my original question, was would you clear yourself for duty if you were examining yourself" He said, repeating the question in a patient but firm manner, he didn't want to come across as pushy, but he wanted to show that he did want an answer to the question. He downed the contents of his glass and put it on the desk, watching the condensation roll to the desk surface a moment while he waited for her to answer.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 16, 2012, 10:49:52 PM

"I could honestly care less about diagnoses, I am more concerned about being fit for duty. I appreciate the candor, but my original question, was would you clear yourself for duty if you were examining yourself" He said, repeating the question in a patient but firm manner, he didn't want to come across as pushy, but he wanted to show that he did want an answer to the question. He downed the contents of his glass and put it on the desk, watching the condensation roll to the desk surface a moment while he waited for her to answer.

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she kept both her hands on the silver coffee mug. "Honestly," she began, "how STUPID of a question is that? Of course I would say I was fit for duty. What officer wouldn't?"

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:53:07 PM

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she kept both her hands on the silver coffee mug. "Honestly," she began, "how STUPID of a question is that? Of course I would say I was fit for duty. What officer wouldn't?"

"That was the easy question, now, please tell me WHY you feel you are fit for duty" He said, keeping his face neutral, he knew he was getting under her skin, which was the whole point of this, he wanted to see how she reacted under a bit of pressure, it would allow him to more accurately assess her for his report. Anyone can appear normal when things are all going perfectly.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 16, 2012, 10:55:37 PM

"That was the easy question, now, please tell me WHY you feel you are fit for duty" He said, keeping his face neutral, he knew he was getting under her skin, which was the whole point of this, he wanted to see how she reacted under a bit of pressure, it would allow him to more accurately assess her for his report. Anyone can appear normal when things are all going perfectly.

"I feel that I am fit for duty because, a) I am perfectly fine according to all of the medical scans, and b) because I said so." Alyssa replied. "Now Lieutenant, tell me why YOU feel you are fit for duty."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 16, 2012, 10:59:19 PM

"I feel that I am fit for duty because, a) I am perfectly fine according to all of the medical scans, and b) because I said so." Alyssa replied. "Now Lieutenant, tell me why YOU feel you are fit for duty."

Ms. Meadows, please, for one moment, focus on the question. I asked you, from a psychological standpoint, were you fit for duty, you said yes, and I asked why. I am not concerned about your medical scans, they do more for the physical than the psychological. So, if you were assessing yourself to determine if you were fit for duty, WHY would you say that you were after what you have gone through?" He asked, then thought briefly, "as far as why I am fit for duty, if you wanted to know that, you should have asked me that when giving me my physical." He said matter of factly.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.