Season 1, Mission 08: Prison Break

Started by John Brown, May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 13, 2012, 07:54:01 AM

"Um... sure, what is it?" Krol replied, compiling a list of the many things it could or couldn't be in his head. It pretty much matched up perfectly with the list of things he did and didn't want to be asked.

Alyssa ignored this sense of emotion, rather opting to put her abilities on passive mode instead of acting mode. Her days as a counselor were done, though why was it that she got the sense that something was gnawing at him?

"I have recently read in your medical file that you were seeking treatment for a breakdown that occurred a few weeks ago and am trying to determine if the treatment should resume. May I ask what scenario was the catalyst for the event?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 13, 2012, 07:59:03 AM

Alyssa ignored this sense of emotion, rather opting to put her abilities on passive mode instead of acting mode. Her days as a counselor were done, though why was it that she got the sense that something was gnawing at him?

"I have recently read in your medical file that you were seeking treatment for a breakdown that occurred a few weeks ago and am trying to determine if the treatment should resume. May I ask what scenario was the catalyst for the event?"

Well that comes in at the bottom of the list, at least.

"A medical crewman got terribly defensive when I was forced down to the bay for a checkup," he desperately tried to explain it away, hoping that maybe he could seem sane to someone on this ship. A second officer had to look good for his crew or some bull like that.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 13, 2012, 08:06:25 AM

Well that comes in at the bottom of the list, at least.

"A medical crewman got terribly defensive when I was forced down to the bay for a checkup," he desperately tried to explain it away, hoping that maybe he could seem sane to someone on this ship. A second officer had to look good for his crew or some bull like that.

"Noted." Alyssa replied not giving anything away. "I'll keep in touch with you on the subject, and will notify you if I want to start it back up. But for the meantime, have a good day." The 'have a good day' was overkill for her, for she was not the type to say that, causing her to wince just slightly. She needed to start putting this string of words into her vocabulary. It would not only improve her bedside manner, but also make her seem like a nicer person. Ah, the triviality of keeping up appearances.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 13, 2012, 08:10:17 AM

"Noted." Alyssa replied not giving anything away. "I'll keep in touch with you on the subject, and will notify you if I want to start it back up. But for the meantime, have a good day." The 'have a good day' was overkill for her, for she was not the type to say that, causing her to wince just slightly. She needed to start putting this string of words into her vocabulary. It would not only improve her bedside manner, but also make her seem like a nicer person. Ah, the triviality of keeping up appearances.

Well, that wasn't too bad. Keep in touch... dammit, he groaned in his head as he stepped off the bed. His feet were touching the floor anyway, so it wasn't much of a stretch. Once out of the sickbay, he put his head in his hand as he headed back to the same turbolift. The girl he had seen earlier walked past him, pointedly avoiding looking at him. Quietly, he stepped into the turbolift and sank to the floor by the doors. "Deck one," he mumbled. The doors hissed closed to his left.

He must have dozed off, because the next thing he knew was them opening again. Pulling himself up, he swung round and into the corridor, caught himself on the opposite wall and stepped into the ready room. "Sorry I'm late, sir," he apologized to Brown, "Mandatory checkups in sickbay, I figured I'd get mine over with."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: John Brown on May 13, 2012, 01:50:31 AM

John was sitting in Commander Clarkes Ready Room going over the mission briefings from Starfleet Command he smiled once a new set of orders came thought he turned to see in the window the U.S.S Discovery preparing to launch. He missed the Discovery but the adventures on the Churchill has been interesting to say at least.

"Well, no rest for the wicked" Mumbled Brown as he pressed the internship Speakers
==^== All Hands this is Lieutenant Commander Brown., I want all departments report readiness to me by 16:00 Hours also Lieutenants Masters and Krol report to the Captains Ready Room,==^==

John then quickly taped his Comm Badge to contact a new officer that came aboard the ship he remembered from the Discovery he smiled

==^== Brown to Meadows once your finished giving the crew a heart attack come up to the Bridge so we can discuss crew exams==^==

Masters began making his way to the Commanders readyroom. He crossed the bridge nodding at the other officers, wondering what he was being called in about. He hopped he hadn't done something wrong again he mused to himself. When he got to the door he chimed it and walked in. "You wanted to see me sir?" He asked, arms behind his back.

T'Ra Jones

T'Ra snapped back to reality when Krol exited sickbay. Heading towards the turbolift, he did not seem particularly pleased about something. Now that the doctor appeared to be free, it was time to make a decision. Should she enter sickbay or just report to her station? T'Ra weighed both sides in her head and came to the conclusion that it would be best to proceed with the former. There were still twenty minutes lift before her shift, and the idea of being hunted down by a member of the medical staff, with whom T'Ra was not yet acquainted with, did not sound at all pleasant. It is a great deal harder to hide from someone when you do not know who that someone is. It was also never a good idea to get off on the wrong foot with the medical staff. With that in mind, T'Ra stepped into sickbay.

Though she had only been to this particular sickbay once, T'Ra noted a couple slight changes. For one, there was no longer anything on the table. For another thing, there was now a picture featuring a blond woman, presumably belonging to the unfamiliar voice calling all hands to sickbay. Just a couple steps away was the blond woman herself. T'Ra walked up to her and spoke. "Hello. I'm ensign T'Ra Jones. I don't believe that we have met."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: John Brown on May 13, 2012, 01:50:31 AM

==^== All Hands this is Lieutenant Commander Brown., I want all departments report readiness to me by 16:00 Hours also Lieutenants Masters and Krol report to the Captains Ready Room,==^==

==^== Brown to Meadows once your finished giving the crew a heart attack come up to the Bridge so we can discuss crew exams==^==

Alyssa noted the familiar sound of the man she had met on the Discovery. His name....Black wasn't it? No, it was Brown. John Brown. She tapped her commbadge lightly to reopen the comm line that had just been established. =/\= Aye sir=/\= she replied, trying to leave the smirk out of her response.
Quote from: T'Ra Jones on May 13, 2012, 12:11:16 PM

Though she had only been to this particular sickbay once, T'Ra noted a couple slight changes. For one, there was no longer anything on the table. For another thing, there was now a picture featuring a blond woman, presumably belonging to the unfamiliar voice calling all hands to sickbay. Just a couple steps away was the blond woman herself. T'Ra walked up to her and spoke. "Hello. I'm ensign T'Ra Jones. I don't believe that we have met."

Alyssa turned to face the door a moment later to see another person walk into the room. 'Oh good!' she thought to herself. It was another person that was smart enough not to face her wrath. "I'm Doctor Meadows. Please take a seat." she said. "I'll be with you in a moment."

Once again she made her way to the office in order to see who it was that she was checking on now. After a quick search, thanks to the woman telling her name to Alyssa, she found the file and quickly glimpsed it. Running back, she took out her medical tricorder and began the scans. "How are you doing today, Ms. Jones?"

Raymundo Salas

Raymundo walking to sick bay, looking around to see a mostly empty. "I must be one of the last report.", he thought himself. Seeing that the CMO was busy he waited by the office.

Bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 13, 2012, 12:48:56 PM

Alyssa noted the familiar sound of the man she had met on the Discovery. His name....Black wasn't it? No, it was Brown. John Brown. She tapped her commbadge lightly to reopen the comm line that had just been established. =/\= Aye sir=/\= she replied, trying to leave the smirk out of her response.

Alyssa turned to face the door a moment later to see another person walk into the room. 'Oh good!' she thought to herself. It was another person that was smart enough not to face her wrath. "I'm Doctor Meadows. Please take a seat." she said. "I'll be with you in a moment."

Once again she made her way to the office in order to see who it was that she was checking on now. After a quick search, thanks to the woman telling her name to Alyssa, she found the file and quickly glimpsed it. Running back, she took out her medical tricorder and began the scans. "How are you doing today, Ms. Jones?"

Reluctantly, T'Ra sat down on the bed. It felt odd to be sitting in the presence of someone who outranked her, but at the same time it made sense because it would be more convenient for the doctor. Doctor Meadows, so that must have been the unfamiliar voice. Meadows looked at a file before walking over to T'Ra with a medical tricorder. "How are you doing today, Ms. Jones?" The question caught T'Ra by surprise, so she raised an eyebrow. It was a question people had seldom asked her, nor was she often referred to as "Ms." Usually it was "Ensign" or "Jones" or both. She stared blankly at the doctor for a second before she remembered that an answer was expected.

"I am doing quite well, thank you," T'Ra replied following the path of the tricorder with her eyes. "Tell me doctor," she quipped, "what exactly does 'hunting' us down entail?" She hoped to learn more about the doctor's personality based on her response to this question.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

ThomasRiker

Masters wanted to formally talk to some of the new staff, and thought he would start with the higher ranked officers.

=/Masters to Lt. Meadows, please report to my office at your earliest convenience\= he called over the ships communication system. He would see Commander Brown then make his way to his office. He planned on reading her file a bit before she arrived, he wanted to be assured there was no risk with her.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on May 13, 2012, 04:35:47 PM

"I am doing quite well, thank you," T'Ra replied following the path of the tricorder with her eyes. "Tell me doctor," she quipped, "what exactly does 'hunting' us down entail?" She hoped to learn more about the doctor's personality based on her response to this question.

The tricorder continued to beep normally as she went through the scan. As she was scanning and recording the information for future use in the medical section of the personnel file, she answered the question. "Well, you don't have to worry about that Ms. Jones." Alyssa replied, "As you were smart enough to report in upon my request."

First, she got her pulse down. It was in normal parameters for a Vulcan, so she went on to the next type of scan. Blood pressure was good as well and it seemed that the passage ways of the veins and arteries had only minimal clogging to the point where the tricorder could barely pick it up. "You are clear." Alyssa said. "Feel free to return back to work now, but don't forget to stop by next week for an update to a neurological scan. You never know when an Alien might mess with your mind."

John Brown

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 13, 2012, 08:18:40 AM

Well, that wasn't too bad. Keep in touch... dammit, he groaned in his head as he stepped off the bed. His feet were touching the floor anyway, so it wasn't much of a stretch. Once out of the sickbay, he put his head in his hand as he headed back to the same turbolift. The girl he had seen earlier walked past him, pointedly avoiding looking at him. Quietly, he stepped into the turbolift and sank to the floor by the doors. "Deck one," he mumbled. The doors hissed closed to his left.

He must have dozed off, because the next thing he knew was them opening again. Pulling himself up, he swung round and into the corridor, caught himself on the opposite wall and stepped into the ready room. "Sorry I'm late, sir," he apologized to Brown, "Mandatory checkups in sickbay, I figured I'd get mine over with."

"Its fine, have a seat next to Mr.Masters" Finished Brown as he turned to the terminal again and read the report and orders the Churchill recived.

John then opened the desk drawer and placed two boxes on the desk then he looked into the eyes of both men then spoke very so silently and smoothly.

"You two have done a service to this ship, so open these boxes with a present from myself and Commander Clarke" Finished Brown as he pressed a button

~Computer Authorization Brown, John Lieutenant Commander, Release Chief Tactical/Security Officer Clearance codes and give to Master, Tobias Clearance codes~

~Computer :Acknowledged~

~Computer Engineering Clearance codes for Lance,Krol Enable~

~Computer: Acknowledged~

"Mr.Masters you are Promoted to Lieutenant, and you get my old job be careful with her, and Mr.Krol you are promoted to Lieutenant Commander and Chief Engineering Officer and Second Officer under me" Finished Brown

Lance Krol

Quote from: John Brown on May 13, 2012, 06:35:34 PM

"Its fine, have a seat next to Mr.Masters" Finished Brown as he turned to the terminal again and read the report and orders the Churchill recived.

John then opened the desk drawer and placed two boxes on the desk then he looked into the eyes of both men then spoke very so silently and smoothly.

"You two have done a service to this ship, so open these boxes with a present from myself and Commander Clarke" Finished Brown as he pressed a button

~Computer Authorization Brown, John Lieutenant Commander, Release Chief Tactical/Security Officer Clearance codes and give to Master, Tobias Clearance codes~

~Computer :Acknowledged~

~Computer Engineering Clearance codes for Lance,Krol Enable~

~Computer: Acknowledged~

"Mr.Masters you are Promoted to Lieutenant, and you get my old job be careful with her, and Mr.Krol you are promoted to Lieutenant Commander and Chief Engineering Officer and Second Officer under me" Finished Brown
Lance twitched slightly. He'd been on this ship, what, eight months? He was emotionally unstable and he'd broken down before. He'd been through such trauma and pain and now he was here. He couldn't believe it. Distinguished in the military. Lieutenant commander, head of a department and third in command of a ship. The sensation was similar to being dragged through burning coals and over shards of ice. Such devastating opposites.

"Sir, I don't know what to say." He really didn't.

He wondered if he was going to break down again. It seemed like a good time. If someone was reading a book about his life they'd be licking their lips right now. Go on, they'd be chanting. Crack. Crack so we can laugh at you, crack so we can pity you. Crack like an egg so we can eat your innards.

No.

"Thank you, sir."

He wasn't going to give Tobias the satisfaction.

He opened the box and picked up the black pip he knew was going to be inside, thinking that it wasn't long ago that he wore one of these as a junior officer. He wasn't junior anymore. Not by a long shot. But then, he was already ages old when he joined this ship. Jaded as a chinese necklace and cracked as a ming vase.

He sat there quietly, bottling up the crazy at an industrial rate and venting it into the hole made by the knowledge that his success wasn't a problem anymore. It never was, really. Now he had to focus on the real problem.

He needed to talk to Grace, and figure out why she left him. Why that wait wasn't bearable and who this Australian was. Why she took him to that party, why they both took the same drug and why she went on with her life while he went into a coma. He wondered, idly, if this was what people in the writing business called a 'chapter'. Does the reader turn the page, disappointed that I've held out for this paragraph? Or do they feel glad that I've covered some ground?

Feel glad for me, gentle reader, he called to whatever benign or malicious forces observed him. I know I don't.

John Brown

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 13, 2012, 07:08:39 PM

Lance twitched slightly. He'd been on this ship, what, eight months? He was emotionally unstable and he'd broken down before. He'd been through such trauma and pain and now he was here. He couldn't believe it. Distinguished in the military. Lieutenant commander, head of a department and third in command of a ship. The sensation was similar to being dragged through burning coals and over shards of ice. Such devastating opposites.

"Sir, I don't know what to say." He really didn't.

He wondered if he was going to break down again. It seemed like a good time. If someone was reading a book about his life they'd be licking their lips right now. Go on, they'd be chanting. Crack. Crack so we can laugh at you, crack so we can pity you. Crack like an egg so we can eat your innards.

No.

"Thank you, sir."

He wasn't going to give Tobias the satisfaction.

He opened the box and picked up the black pip he knew was going to be inside, thinking that it wasn't long ago that he wore one of these as a junior officer. He wasn't junior anymore. Not by a long shot. But then, he was already ages old when he joined this ship. Jaded as a chinese necklace and cracked as a ming vase.

He sat there quietly, bottling up the crazy at an industrial rate and venting it into the hole made by the knowledge that his success wasn't a problem anymore. It never was, really. Now he had to focus on the real problem.

He needed to talk to Grace, and figure out why she left him. Why that wait wasn't bearable and who this Australian was. Why she took him to that party, why they both took the same drug and why she went on with her life while he went into a coma. He wondered, idly, if this was what people in the writing business called a 'chapter'. Does the reader turn the page, disappointed that I've held out for this paragraph? Or do they feel glad that I've covered some ground?

Feel glad for me, gentle reader, he called to whatever benign or malicious forces observed him. I know I don't.

John smiled at the two officers as he stood up and took a few steps to the window looking over space dock then he took a half turn looking at the officers in front of him.

"You have both served this ship well and I want you both to continue doing your duties. Our Mission is to go investigate the Penal colony in the Sovoy system, Commander Clarke is to meet us there he went ahead in the Runabout, Mr.Masters make sure our defenses are prepared and Mr.Krol with me" Finished Brown as the trio entered the Bridge.

"Helm clear moorings take us out then lay in a course for Savoy IV, Warp 6" finished John as he made his way to the lift "Mr.Krol, you have the Conn" Finished Brown as he entered the lift

"Sickbay" boomed John

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: John Brown on May 14, 2012, 02:52:47 AM

John smiled at the two officers as he stood up and took a few steps to the window looking over space dock then he took a half turn looking at the officers in front of him.

"You have both served this ship well and I want you both to continue doing your duties. Our Mission is to go investigate the Penal colony in the Sovoy system, Commander Clarke is to meet us there he went ahead in the Runabout, Mr.Masters make sure our defenses are prepared and Mr.Krol with me" Finished Brown as the trio entered the Bridge.

"Helm clear moorings take us out then lay in a course for Savoy IV, Warp 6" finished John as he made his way to the lift "Mr.Krol, you have the Conn" Finished Brown as he entered the lift

"Sickbay" boomed John

Zuriel was still checking the systems as the Senior officers returned to the bridge, the order to take the Churchill out saved him from his boredom, and gave him the chance to take the ship out for the first time. "Aye sir."

=/\= All hands this is Ensign Soreka, prepare for immediate departure=/\=

Zuriel  quickly went through the pre launch  checklist, once he was cleared by station control he was ready, "Moorings detached, thrusters online, separating from space dock. The view screen showed the ship slowly back up and turn away from the main airlock, Zuriel the directed the ship out of the taxi zone so that the ship could go into warp. " Ship is clear, course to Savoy IV laid in, accelerating to Warp 3."

Zuriel turned around to the Second Officer to give his report, " We will reach Savoy IV in ten hours Sir."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.