Season 1, Mission 08: Prison Break

Started by John Brown, May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 24, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Masters got up to where the doctor was lying on the ground, it was clear that between her head injury and the emotional burden, her strength was gone. He knelt down, the agony in his ankle abating ever so slightly from the relief of his weight on it. He got his head as close as he could to hers while still kneeling. "Meadows, I know what he did. I am sorry for that, but going after him isn't going to help anything. It could get you or all of us hurt or killed. We need to all get out of here. We don't have long. I know you don't like me, but listen to me. You can say or do anything you want to me once we are back on the ship, but right now, we need to GET TO THE SHIP" He told her. He nodded at Zuriel, "lets get her up"

Zuriel grabbed the proper hypo spray and ran until he was only a few feet way from masters ans Meadows, he truly hoped that they could convice her to just go with them quietly, he could feel her pain, and  it was something he was all too familiar with, some he had dealt with for over a century, words could not describe the anger he himself would feel if he  ever got the chance to destroy the Borg single handed,  so he could not look down on Meadows for trying to attack this man. through all the screaming Zuriel could hear the chime, he was getting another message form the commander.
Quote from: Lance Krol on May 25, 2012, 01:40:03 PM

=/\=Krol to all away team members=/\=

Okay, we have three minutes to get to the east side of the Central Office of the planet. We have to be within a quarter-mile radius of the facility by then, am I clear? A quarter-mile radius. We'll be beaming out in T-minus 2:30 minutes.

=/\=Over=/\=

"Sir!" Zuriel ran and put his hand on Masters shoulder, Extaction point has been altered to the east side of the central office, we have less than thee minutes to get within four hundred meters or we going to be here for a long time!" Zuriel walked up to Meadows and helped her get up, "Meadows I know how much this means to you, but if you don't let go you will loose yourself and us, we have to get out of here, do you understand what I'm saying?"

Michael Ferdinand

It kept coming back to her. The images of her mother on the floor with a pool of blood underneath her; her father, standing there, staring at her mother madly with a cold expression on her face. Tears continued to stream down her face as as she made the cough like noises that came with crying. "I can't let go." Alyssa said. "This man has ruined my life, and he needs to pay."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on May 25, 2012, 03:24:32 PM

Zuriel grabbed the proper hypo spray and ran until he was only a few feet way from masters ans Meadows, he truly hoped that they could convice her to just go with them quietly, he could feel her pain, and  it was something he was all too familiar with, some he had dealt with for over a century, words could not describe the anger he himself would feel if he  ever got the chance to destroy the Borg single handed,  so he could not look down on Meadows for trying to attack this man. through all the screaming Zuriel could hear the chime, he was getting another message form the commander.

"Sir!" Zuriel ran and put his hand on Masters shoulder, Extaction point has been altered to the east side of the central office, we have less than thee minutes to get within four hundred meters or we going to be here for a long time!" Zuriel walked up to Meadows and helped her get up, "Meadows I know how much this means to you, but if you don't let go you will loose yourself and us, we have to get out of here, do you understand what I'm saying?"
Masters hobbled over to Zuriel, his ankle was definitely broken. He grabbed onto the mans tunic, grabbing a handful to keep himself upright. With his other hand, which was noticeably trembling at this point. He snatched Zuriels combadge, he wasn't doing it as point of being mean or disrespectful, it was just taking all he could to stay upright at the moment. He plopped down on the walkway, holding a finger up as a gesture for Zuriel to hold on for a second. Frankly, he needed to catch his breath.

=/Masters to Security Shuttle on Churchill, launch to my coordinates, priority one. And bring a wheel chair. Masters out\= He tossed Zuriel his phaser. He knew at this point he was not the best spotter and his reflexes would be slowed at any rate.

=/Masters to Churchill, Inzjana, I ordered my standby shuttle to be launched. It will be slow, but I will use it to meet you at the coordinates set, just transmit them to the shuttles computer system.\= He informed Inzjana, she had better not try to pull some I am currently in command bogus BS, he didn't have the resolve to deal with it at the moment.

With the ship already having entered atmosphere, though leaving, the shuttle was not far, and would be there in roughly two minutes. Masters extended his foot, injected another sedative into it and waited for the shuttle to arrive.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 25, 2012, 01:40:03 PM

"Thank God," Krol swore under his breath. He tapped his badge.

=/\=Krol to all away team members=/\=

Okay, we have three minutes to get to the east side of the Central Office of the planet. We have to be within a quarter-mile radius of the facility by then, am I clear? A quarter-mile radius. We'll be beaming out in T-minus 2:30 minutes.

=/\=Over=/\=

He turned to his motley crew. "Okay, let's get as close as we can to that facility and dig in. We're lifting off in two minutes." He turned back to the open wasteland and started running.

"Aye, sir," T'Ra replied with relief. She was not sure how much longer David would last, but she was sure that he could last just long enough to get back on board the Churchill and into sickbay. When Krol set off at a run, she shifted David's weight so that he would be more comfortable as she ran, causing him to groan a bit in the process. His change in position was slight. She still held him parallel to the ground with his head and feet hanging down at slight angles. T'Ra contemplated hanging him over her shoulder but decided against it. Not only would it be uncomfortable for him, but it would also put more pressure on his body and injuries. In the couple short seconds it took T'Ra to do this, Krol had already gotten a few meters ahead of her, a distance she easily made up as sprinted off to follow him.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Lance Krol

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on May 25, 2012, 07:56:50 PM

"Aye, sir," T'Ra replied with relief. She was not sure how much longer David would last, but she was sure that he could last just long enough to get back on board the Churchill and into sickbay. When Krol set off at a run, she shifted David's weight so that he would be more comfortable as she ran, causing him to groan a bit in the process. His change in position was slight. She still held him parallel to the ground with his head and feet hanging down at slight angles. T'Ra contemplated hanging him over her shoulder but decided against it. Not only would it be uncomfortable for him, but it would also put more pressure on his body and injuries. In the couple short seconds it took T'Ra to do this, Krol had already gotten a few meters ahead of her, a distance she easily made up as sprinted off to follow him.

Lance reached the other end of the yard at a run, fearing he might be left on this godforsaken planet even longer than he planned. His team kept up behind him, T'ra covered in blood, carrying a body and leading the group. "C'mon, we can easily make it!" he shouted. He counted two minutes in his head.

They got within the radius and a bit further to be safe. "Okay, we're good. Find somewhere to hide and be ready to pop out as soon as you see a Jellyfish. Inzjana will be picking us up in T-minus 1:30 minutes." He lay down in the dirt and hoped his bright yellow shirt wasn't visible if he kept flat. Freaking convicts everywhere, apparently.

Still, we're just about out of this. Maybe we can avoid too much death.

Benjamin Bradley

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 26, 2012, 11:43:22 AM

Lance reached the other end of the yard at a run, fearing he might be left on this godforsaken planet even longer than he planned. His team kept up behind him, T'ra covered in blood, carrying a body and leading the group. "C'mon, we can easily make it!" he shouted. He counted two minutes in his head.

They got within the radius and a bit further to be safe. "Okay, we're good. Find somewhere to hide and be ready to pop out as soon as you see a Jellyfish. Inzjana will be picking us up in T-minus 1:30 minutes." He lay down in the dirt and hoped his bright yellow shirt wasn't visible if he kept flat. Freaking convicts everywhere, apparently.

Bradley was with the group, and was anxious to get off of the planet. He had been through hell here, and he was ready to go meet his new woman for the first time. The Churchill was such a beautiful ship. He was imagining her when a door began to open, and it was clear the man coming through was an inmate. The man made him snap from his daydreaming and go into panic mode. "Right, I was trained for this, in combat, I am supposed to remain calm...then what... CRAP I CAN'T REMEMBER" his mind was screaming at him, which quickly became an audible scream. He did the only sensible thing, he threw his tricorder at the man and slammed the door shut. Miraculously he heard the automatic door lock trigger, and the inmate stood out of reach beating on it and yelling profanities. "hm, that's that" he said quietly, clapping his hands together and looking at the others who were looking at him in disbelief.

Raymundo Salas

Quote from: Inzjana on May 25, 2012, 01:24:01 PM

After a few seconds, Inzjana had contemplated her next course of action and it was actually providence that she did not have time to return her personal shuttle, transphasic deflector shields would definitely come in handy about now. Standing from the command chair, Inzjana grabbed a PADD and typed in coordinates, giving them to the tactical officer.

"When I give the word crewman, fire a transphasic torpedo at these coordinates," she said, giving him the PADD at the same time.

Transphasic torpedoes were a must have on board starships since they were produced to combat the Borg, but being difficult to manufacture, starships usually had no more than one aboard. The science was simple enough, instead of a matter/antimatter kill-vehicle, the transphasic torpedoes produced cyclonic warp fields when Á¢â,¬Ëœdetonated', the erratic warp field destabilised local space-time literally ripping apart any matter of significant mass within its effective range.

Turning to the helm, she hesitantly stated, "You have the Conn Mr Cadenza, when the torpedo is fired, set course star base 115 maximum warp, we will meet up back there."

She hesitated, not because she didn't think Mr Cadenza could do the job, but because this was her first command and would no doubt be her last...It sat well with her, or as Vulcans like to say, mainly because it was less of an emotive word as most in the standard Federation language, it was Á¢â,¬Ëœagreeable'.

Inzjana took one quick look around the bridge and tapped her combadge, "Inzjana to Kelata, one to beam aboard."

With that Lieutenant Inzjana dematerialised from the bridge in a haze of transporter energy and rematerialised in to the main chamber of the Jellyfish Class Vulcan science research vessel, the Kelata.

"Computer, initiate start up sequence, remote cycle the shuttle bay," Inzjana ordered the Kelata's main operating system. "Voice print and facial recognition confirmed, welcome aboard Inzjana," stated the pleasant and clear female voice of the computer, "Initiating start up sequence, shuttle bay door and atmospheric shield activated," it stated further as a thrumming of the engines spinning up could be heard throughout the shuttle.

Inzjana walked up the corridor to the single cockpit chair, which turned around as she sat, the triangular backed chair and comprising part of the IDIC symbol was surprisingly comfortable as it rotated so that Inzjana could see out of the circular plazglas view port, the other part of the IDIC symbol.

The Jellyfish had already lifted off the deck, the ramp closed and landing struts retracted and the gyroscopic warp nacelles began spinning before she even sat down, but the forward main hull didn't rotate its ninety degrees until the shuttle had left the shuttle bay, but now fully powered, Inzjana grabbed the yoke and fired the single Impulse Drive.

Gravity Drive activation Á¢â,¬"œ T minus 5 minutes 28 seconds:
Inzjana activated the Kelata's shields and pulse cannons aiming for the Event Horizon's external transporter array and fired, hitting the mark after several Phaser pulses had scored a line along the hull. The Event Horizon fired her Phasers at the Kelata, causing the small research vessel to buck under the force, but caused no damage at all to any systems. After all, a ship designed to enter the corona of a star could easily fend off a few attacks from starship Phaser emitters, but that didn't mean she was indestructible of course, so Inzjana gunned the Impulse Drive, heading straight for the facility's landing zone.

Entering the atmosphere, the planet's defence grid was her next problem, but Inzjana, well aware of her shuttle's high class manoeuvring capabilities ducked most of the blasts and promptly reduced the batteries that she could to slag. Nearly ramming in to the side of a building in the process, Inzjana managing to pitch, yaw and roll to her destination even if it was at speeds generally frowned upon by even the most civilised of dock masters.

Finally reaching her destination, Inzjana activated the landing sequence and as the reverse of the take off sequence took place she breathed out a sigh of relief despite herself and contacted the away team.

=A=Inzjana Á¢â,¬"œ Kelata to commander Krol and away team=A=

"Commander, I am aboard my personal shuttle waiting out the beam down point to extract you and the away team," she continued, "it is a long story, but there is a starship just above our position readying to open a wormhole within the atmosphere, you and the away team, now have only three minutes, 15 seconds, to reach my location and that is being generous."

=A=Inzjana out=A=

"When I give the word crewman, fire a transphasic torpedo at these coordinates," she said, giving him the PADD at the same time.

"Aye Sir", Raymundo replied. Looking over the data the PADD provided he understood the plan. The transphasic torpedo would impact the Event Horizon and essentially cancel out the wormhole aperture Gravity Drive. Allowing them time to do the beam out, and one grandioso light show as the singularity implodes.

"Inzjana to Kelata, one to beam aboard."

He punched in the order to the decks below, ordering the salvo to be readied. He looked across a bridge as the ensign move the ship into position, and a cautious look back at the Event Horizon.

Bio

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 25, 2012, 06:50:42 PM

Masters hobbled over to Zuriel, his ankle was definitely broken. He grabbed onto the mans tunic, grabbing a handful to keep himself upright. With his other hand, which was noticeably trembling at this point. He snatched Zuriel's combadge, he wasn't doing it as point of being mean or disrespectful, it was just taking all he could to stay upright at the moment. He plopped down on the walkway, holding a finger up as a gesture for Zuriel to hold on for a second. Frankly, he needed to catch his breath.

=/Masters to Security Shuttle on Churchill, launch to my coordinates, priority one. And bring a wheel chair. Masters out\= He tossed Zuriel his phaser. He knew at this point he was not the best spotter and his reflexes would be slowed at any rate.

=/Masters to Churchill, Inzjana, I ordered my standby shuttle to be launched. It will be slow, but I will use it to meet you at the coordinates set, just transmit them to the shuttles computer system.\= He informed Inzjana, she had better not try to pull some I am currently in command bogus BS, he didn't have the resolve to deal with it at the moment.

With the ship already having entered atmosphere, though leaving, the shuttle was not far, and would be there in roughly two minutes. Masters extended his foot, injected another sedative into it and waited for the shuttle to arrive.

A shuttle was on his way, another trick for Masters that came not a moment too soon, Zuriel set the phaser to a high stun and kept a mobile three hundred sixty view of the entire area, and with a spot of luck he found a mob of prisoners approaching from the rear, most likely lead by the idiots that Masters and Zuriel shot through to get out. Their was no way to shoot them all, by the time he took out ten of them they would have had them surrounded and the shuttle would be useless then. Zuriel looked  around the area for anything that could help them escape, and thank to The previous riot he found it. a crumbling section of wall being held up by a shabby rafter, Zureil idmired the prisoners resourcefulness as it would have taken a big charge to blow a hole in a building like that.

Zuriel would have to time it perfectly, his plan was to bring the wall down cutting them off for hopefully more than three minutes. Picking a point on the ground he would count down in his head from five. The inmates turned the corner and now were on the  same street "Five...", they soon began to  fall into an open sprint past the first marker which was an abandoned guard hut "Four...", they passed the remnants of an old shuttle bay "Three...", they climbed over the the emitter of a status field that had been torn down "Two...", and finally they passed under the first arch "One..." Zuriel cut  the wall withe Phaser at it's base and  after that  cut the column holding it up. With an deep earthly crack the wall began to shift, sending the column down first, as the wall continued to fall it twisted and fell on it side, lodgeing in the main complex wall it created a  fifteen foot high barrier between his teamates and the prisoners. "Once that shuttle arrives I'm flying who ever is on the stick right now is fired!!!"

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 26, 2012, 11:43:22 AM

Lance reached the other end of the yard at a run, fearing he might be left on this godforsaken planet even longer than he planned. His team kept up behind him, T'Ra covered in blood, carrying a body and leading the group. "C'mon, we can easily make it!" he shouted. He counted two minutes in his head.

Quote from: Benjamin Bradley on May 26, 2012, 01:32:17 PM

Bradley was with the group, and was anxious to get off of the planet. He had been through hell here, and he was ready to go meet his new woman for the first time. The Churchill was such a beautiful ship. He was imagining her when a door began to open, and it was clear the man coming through was an inmate. The man made him snap from his daydreaming and go into panic mode. "Right, I was trained for this, in combat, I am supposed to remain calm...then what... CRAP I CAN'T REMEMBER" his mind was screaming at him, which quickly became an audible scream. He did the only sensible thing, he threw his tricorder at the man and slammed the door shut. Miraculously he heard the automatic door lock trigger, and the inmate stood out of reach beating on it and yelling profanities. "hm, that's that" he said quietly, clapping his hands together and looking at the others who were looking at him in disbelief.

Doing as Krol ordered, T'Ra found a nook large enough for her and David to hide in. Granted, it was difficult enough to find a place for just one to hide, let alone two. Nonetheless, she found a spot and sat down with David across her lap so that he wouldn't have to be on the ground. Only a couple meters from Krol, she could still see his bright yellow shirt as he lay in the dirt. Perhaps smothering his uniform with some of the dirt what dim the bright color a bit.

David had just fallen asleep once more only to be awoken by the screams of a crewman in yellow. Terror plagued the crewman's face as he was confronted by an inmate. Clearly caught by surprise, he chucked a tricorder at the man and slammed the door shut. He looked quite pleased with himself when the door's automatic lock clicked. Clapping his hands, he turned back and was now facing the rest of the group. T'Ra beckoned to him. "Get over here," she told him in a loud whisper. She moved over slightly to make room for the crewman should he chose hide there. It would be a tight fit, but they could make it work. "I do believe that we were given orders to hide and wait for the Jellyfish to arrive. Can you tell me how we are to accomplish that by screaming, chucking tricorders, and slamming doors shut?" T'Ra paused and waited for him to respond. "Oh never mind. Just get over here. There's just enough room for you to hide here too."

-Evan Buehler

Benjamin Bradley

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on May 26, 2012, 07:03:53 PM

Doing as Krol ordered, T'Ra found a nook large enough for her and David to hide in. Granted, it was difficult enough to find a place for just one to hide, let alone two. Nonetheless, she found a spot and sat down with David across her lap so that he wouldn't have to be on the ground. Only a couple meters from Krol, she could still see his bright yellow shirt as he lay in the dirt. Perhaps smothering his uniform with some of the dirt what dim the bright color a bit.

David had just fallen asleep once more only to be awoken by the screams of a crewman in yellow. Terror plagued the crewman's as he was confronted by an inmate. Clearly caught by surprise, he chucked a tricorder at the man and slammed the door shut. He looked quite pleased with himself when the door's automatic lock clicked. Clapping his hands, he turned back and was now facing the rest of the group. T'Ra beckoned to him. "Get over here," she told him in a loud whisper. She moved over slightly to make room for the crewman should he chose hide there. It would be a tight fit, but they could make it work. "I do believe that we were given orders to hide and wait for the Jellyfish to arrive. Can you tell me how we are to accomplish that by screaming, chucking tricorders, and slamming doors shut?" T'Ra paused and waited for him to respond. "Oh never mind. Just get over here. There's just enough room for you to hide here too."

"Well, he is stuck on the other side of that door is he not?" Bradley asked the woman, who he just decided he did not like. "Aren't you the friendly type. On the subject of orders, isn't being quiet part of hiding? I believe so, so why are you talking?" He asked staring at her for a moment. It was around that time that the momentary rush of adrenaline fled from his system, and the panic almost washed over him again. He quickly took the spot she offered to him and sat there not making eye contact with her. Beam out would be any minute, and then, then he could check out the ship.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Benjamin Bradley on May 26, 2012, 07:43:47 PM

"Well, he is stuck on the other side of that door is he not?" Bradley asked the woman, who he just decided he did not like. "Aren't you the friendly type. On the subject of orders, isn't being quiet part of hiding? I believe so, so why are you talking?" He asked staring at her for a moment. It was around that time that the momentary rush of adrenaline fled from his system, and the panic almost washed over him again. He quickly took the spot she offered to him and sat there not making eye contact with her. Beam out would be any minute, and then, then he could check out the ship.

T'Ra raised an eyebrow as the crewman sat beside her and pointedly avoided eye contact. This boy, she thought, has a lot to learn. She spoke to him again, this time in a low whisper. "Yes, being quiet is part of hiding, but at least I wasn't screaming. Don't forget that you had to speak in order to inform me that hiding involves silence." T'Ra took a moment to look down her uniform, which was now plastered with dry blood. "Unless you want to get blood on that brilliant yellow uniform of yours, not to say that red doesn't look good with yellow, I would suggest not squirming too much. Forgive me if we must skip the formalities and pleasantries for the time being. By my calculations, we now have 45 seconds remaining unless other complications arise. I am sorry if I do not have the time to be more friendly, not to mention with a dying man in my arms. Now enough nonsense. Let's both shut up now and no longer continue the petty bickering." With that said, T'Ra fell silent and hoped that the crewman would do the same.

-Evan Buehler

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on May 26, 2012, 03:11:03 PM

A shuttle was on his way, another trick for Masters that came not a moment too soon, Zuriel set the phaser to a high stun and kept a mobile three hundred sixty view of the entire area, and with a spot of luck he found a mob of prisoners approaching from the rear, most likely lead by the idiots that Masters and Zuriel shot through to get out. Their was no way to shoot them all, by the time he took out ten of them they would have had them surrounded and the shuttle would be useless then. Zuriel looked  around the area for anything that could help them escape, and thank to The previous riot he found it. a crumbling section of wall being held up by a shabby rafter, Zureil idmired the prisoners resourcefulness as it would have taken a big charge to blow a hole in a building like that.

Zuriel would have to time it perfectly, his plan was to bring the wall down cutting them off for hopefully more than three minutes. Picking a point on the ground he would count down in his head from five. The inmates turned the corner and now were on the  same street "Five...", they soon began to  fall into an open sprint past the first marker which was an abandoned guard hut "Four...", they passed the remnants of an old shuttle bay "Three...", they climbed over the the emitter of a status field that had been torn down "Two...", and finally they passed under the first arch "One..." Zuriel cut  the wall withe Phaser at it's base and  after that  cut the column holding it up. With an deep earthly crack the wall began to shift, sending the column down first, as the wall continued to fall it twisted and fell on it side, lodgeing in the main complex wall it created a  fifteen foot high barrier between his teamates and the prisoners. "Once that shuttle arrives I'm flying who ever is on the stick right now is fired!!!"

Masters looked over at Zuriel. "The plan is this  Ensign. When the shuttle lands, I want for you to get her secured in the shuttle, and have it ready to get us off of this damned planet" He said then took a moment to survey his surroundings. It amazing to him the level that clarity had returned to his mind now that he wasn't walking on his ankle. "I'm going to issue some orders to get things under control here, then I'm getting on that shuttle, and you are taking the three of us back to our ship.

He didn't have to sit there long before the sounds of the shuttle engines could be heard, and it quickly was in sight and on the ground. The rear hatch opened and a group of twelve, heavily armed and in full armor, cleared the ship and made a defensive circle around the group. He nodded at Zuriel for him to do his job, and took the wheel chair offered to him by one of his men. He wheeled to the shuttle and ordered the pilot out of it "We have it from here, take the auxiliary rifle in the back, and join the security team, I have work for you all"

He wheeled to the center of the group and looked at the petty officer in charge. He grabbed a stick and began drawing in the dirt a rough layout of the prison. He began pointing out things like the building that held the primary inmates that were running things. He gave them orders for advancement to clear it and to take the main building that Krol was in. "Once you get those two buildings, the rest should start to fall in place" He told them. He gave the petty officer a command code, it should work to reset the computers and open access to the penal colony staff. There were other codes he had that could give him control of the systems, but the man unfortunately didn't have clearance for them, but the one he had, would at least let the regular guards control things again. He put the man in charge of security on the interim, until the colony was under control.

"That's all gentlemen" he said, wheeling to the shuttle and pulling himself up. "Get us out of here" he said to Zuriel.

Quote from: Inzjana on May 25, 2012, 01:24:01 PM

After a few seconds, Inzjana had contemplated her next course of action and it was actually providence that she did not have time to return her personal shuttle, transphasic deflector shields would definitely come in handy about now. Standing from the command chair, Inzjana grabbed a PADD and typed in coordinates, giving them to the tactical officer.

Transphasic torpedoes were a must have on board starships since they were produced to combat the Borg, but being difficult to manufacture, starships usually had no more than one aboard. The science was simple enough, instead of a matter/antimatter kill-vehicle, the transphasic torpedoes produced cyclonic warp fields when Á¢â,¬Ëœdetonated', the erratic warp field destabilised local space-time literally ripping apart any matter of significant mass within its effective range.

Turning to the helm, she hesitantly stated, "You have the Conn Mr Cadenza, when the torpedo is fired, set course star base 115 maximum warp, we will meet up back there."

She hesitated, not because she didn't think Mr Cadenza could do the job, but because this was her first command and would no doubt be her last...It sat well with her, or as Vulcans like to say, mainly because it was less of an emotive word as most in the standard Federation language, it was Á¢â,¬Ëœagreeable'.

Inzjana took one quick look around the bridge and tapped her combadge, "Inzjana to Kelata, one to beam aboard."

With that Lieutenant Inzjana dematerialised from the bridge in a haze of transporter energy and rematerialised in to the main chamber of the Jellyfish Class Vulcan science research vessel, the Kelata.

"Computer, initiate start up sequence, remote cycle the shuttle bay," Inzjana ordered the Kelata's main operating system. "Voice print and facial recognition confirmed, welcome aboard Inzjana," stated the pleasant and clear female voice of the computer, "Initiating start up sequence, shuttle bay door and atmospheric shield activated," it stated further as a thrumming of the engines spinning up could be heard throughout the shuttle.

Inzjana walked up the corridor to the single cockpit chair, which turned around as she sat, the triangular backed chair and comprising part of the IDIC symbol was surprisingly comfortable as it rotated so that Inzjana could see out of the circular plazglas view port, the other part of the IDIC symbol.

The Jellyfish had already lifted off the deck, the ramp closed and landing struts retracted and the gyroscopic warp nacelles began spinning before she even sat down, but the forward main hull didn't rotate its ninety degrees until the shuttle had left the shuttle bay, but now fully powered, Inzjana grabbed the yoke and fired the single Impulse Drive.

Gravity Drive activation Á¢â,¬"œ T minus 5 minutes 28 seconds:
Inzjana activated the Kelata's shields and pulse cannons aiming for the Event Horizon's external transporter array and fired, hitting the mark after several Phaser pulses had scored a line along the hull. The Event Horizon fired her Phasers at the Kelata, causing the small research vessel to buck under the force, but caused no damage at all to any systems. After all, a ship designed to enter the corona of a star could easily fend off a few attacks from starship Phaser emitters, but that didn't mean she was indestructible of course, so Inzjana gunned the Impulse Drive, heading straight for the facility's landing zone.

Entering the atmosphere, the planet's defence grid was her next problem, but Inzjana, well aware of her shuttle's high class manoeuvring capabilities ducked most of the blasts and promptly reduced the batteries that she could to slag. Nearly ramming in to the side of a building in the process, Inzjana managing to pitch, yaw and roll to her destination even if it was at speeds generally frowned upon by even the most civilised of dock masters.

Finally reaching her destination, Inzjana activated the landing sequence and as the reverse of the take off sequence took place she breathed out a sigh of relief despite herself and contacted the away team.

=A=Inzjana Á¢â,¬"œ Kelata to commander Krol and away team=A=

"Commander, I am aboard my personal shuttle waiting out the beam down point to extract you and the away team," she continued, "it is a long story, but there is a starship just above our position readying to open a wormhole within the atmosphere, you and the away team, now have only three minutes, 15 seconds, to reach my location and that is being generous."

=A=Inzjana out=A=

=/Masters to Churchill, Inzjana, as soon as you are at a safe distance I want for you to stop long enough to pick us up, we are lifting off momentarily, I have myself and Meadows that need to get to sickbay immediately. Masters out\=

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 26, 2012, 11:08:09 PM

Masters looked over at Zuriel. "The plan is this  Ensign. When the shuttle lands, I want for you to get her secured in the shuttle, and have it ready to get us off of this damned planet" He said then took a moment to survey his surroundings. It amazing to him the level that clarity had returned to his mind now that he wasn't walking on his ankle. "I'm going to issue some orders to get things under control here, then I'm getting on that shuttle, and you are taking the three of us back to our ship.

He didn't have to sit there long before the sounds of the shuttle engines could be heard, and it quickly was in sight and on the ground. The rear hatch opened and a group of twelve, heavily armed and in full armor, cleared the ship and made a defensive circle around the group. He nodded at Zuriel for him to do his job, and took the wheel chair offered to him by one of his men. He wheeled to the shuttle and ordered the pilot out of it "We have it from here, take the auxiliary rifle in the back, and join the security team, I have work for you all"

He wheeled to the center of the group and looked at the petty officer in charge. He grabbed a stick and began drawing in the dirt a rough layout of the prison. He began pointing out things like the building that held the primary inmates that were running things. He gave them orders for advancement to clear it and to take the main building that Krol was in. "Once you get those two buildings, the rest should start to fall in place" He told them. He gave the petty officer a command code, it should work to reset the computers and open access to the penal colony staff. There were other codes he had that could give him control of the systems, but the man unfortunately didn't have clearance for them, but the one he had, would at least let the regular guards control things again. He put the man in charge of security on the interim, until the colony was under control.

"That's all gentlemen" he said, wheeling to the shuttle and pulling himself up. "Get us out of here" he said to Zuriel.=/Masters to Churchill, Inzjana, as soon as you are at a safe distance I want for you to stop long enough to pick us up, we are lifting off momentarily, I have myself and Meadows that need to get to sickbay immediately. Masters out\=

Zuriel gave Masters a nod as he carried her into the shuttle and secured her in one of the empty seats, "No dont you go anywhere, we are going to have a nice and easy ride."Zuriel ran to the front of shuttle and quickly jumped into the pilot  seat and began his safety checks, "Impulse engines online, port and starboard nacelles are operational, matter anti matter mixture is stable, disabling inertial dampener, brace for lift off." Zuriel typed in the proper command protocols, and the ship lifted of, he thenlaid on a quick course back to the Churchill.

=/\= Ensign Soreka to Churchill, Shuttle 3 is inbound to the shuttle bay, request medical team on standby for wounded. =/\=

Lance Krol

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on May 26, 2012, 08:49:32 PM

T'Ra raised an eyebrow as the crewman sat beside her and pointedly avoided eye contact. This boy, she thought, has a lot to learn. She spoke to him again, this time in a low whisper. "Yes, being quiet is part of hiding, but at least I wasn't screaming. Don't forget that you had to speak in order to inform me that hiding involves silence." T'Ra took a moment to look down her uniform, which was now plastered with dry blood. "Unless you want to get blood on that brilliant yellow uniform of yours, not to say that red doesn't look good with yellow, I would suggest not squirming too much. Forgive me if we must skip the formalities and pleasantries for the time being. By my calculations, we now have 45 seconds remaining unless other complications arise. I am sorry if I do not have the time to be more friendly, not to mention with a dying man in my arms. Now enough nonsense. Let's both shut up now and no longer continue the petty bickering." With that said, T'Ra fell silent and hoped that the crewman would do the same.

"Mr. Bradley, don't argue with a superior. You were being too loud. Ms. Jones, I think it was fairly obvious to him anyway." Lance got up. "Okay, that's long enough. Masters' group has to be here or they'll miss the train." Lance looked round. "In any case, I have to give the order or we never get out of here. Masters will have to look after himself, he's capable."

=/\=Krol to Inzjana=/\=

Six to beam up to your position.

=/\=Over=/\=

Inzjana

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 27, 2012, 04:32:27 AM

"Mr. Bradley, don't argue with a superior. You were being too loud. Ms. Jones, I think it was fairly obvious to him anyway." Lance got up. "Okay, that's long enough. Masters' group has to be here or they'll miss the train." Lance looked round. "In any case, I have to give the order or we never get out of here. Masters will have to look after himself, he's capable."

=/\=Krol to Inzjana=/\=

Six to beam up to your position.

=/\=Over=/\=

Inzjana had been sitting in the cockpit chair waiting for some sign that away team had made it to her position. Tobias' orders were aknowledged and she did as asked, but rescuing them in the shuttle was going to be tricky.

Computer: "One minute to gateway activation."

It was going to be close; =A="Acknowledged commander," she stated, initiating the start up sequence.=A=

The Vulcan shuttle gracefully lifted off the ground and retracted its ramp and landing struts as the goyroscopic warp field generator began to spin faster and faster  and the main hull rotated its ninty degrees for flight position.

Accessing the transporter controls, Inzjana located Commander Krols team and injured by using his last comm as a triangulation vector and beamed them all aboard.

=A=Kelata to Churchill=A=

"Fire the torpedo immediately Churchill, then jump to warp, we will meet you at star base 115."

=A=Kelata out=A=

Inzjana fired the impulse drive and the Kelata lurched, gaining speed and altitude as she went until she reached the ionosphere in time to see the transphasic torpedo hit the Event Horizon. On sensors Inzjana could see that, as expected, the torpedo did indeed rip a hole in the massive experimental ship's engineering section, causing a gap in the magnetic containment. The small blackhole that powered the ship was loose from its core and began swallowing every centimetre, then meter and finally the entire drive section. The sudden release of most of the ship's atmosphere and plasma ignited in a fire ball as bright as a small sun. By this time the Kelata had reached orbit and was safe, albeit shaken, by the event.

Hawking radiation and the explosion dealth with the singularity which destabilised and collapsed, which was what Inzjana had calculated, but it could have easily gone the other way, although was certainly less likely. It was most fortunate, because the Kelata was caught in the blackhole's gravity well and was being drawn to the singularity. The strain was evident on the engine as it strained to fight the intense pull, finally escaping as the singularity collapsed.

Inzjana watched as the Churchill jumped to warp and found Tobias' shuttle. Quickly beaming them aboard, she set course for star base 115 and was about to engage the warp engine when the computer beeped. The sensor screen showed a damaged runabout exit warp and head straight for the still burning and collapsing remains of the Event Horizon.

Pulling on the yoke, Inzjana headed straight for the runabout and beamed the single occupant aboard, to her surprise it was Captain Alexander Clarke. Finally, dodging debris and making it to a safe waypoint, she was finally able to engage the Kelata's warp engine.

While the blue shifted vortex of space-time rushing passed the plazglas view port, Inzjana breathed a sigh of relief and went back to the main deck, helping ensign T'Ra with the injured to the fully equiped medical unit and then went to report in with Commander Krol and Captain Clarke.

"At present speed sirs it will take thirty two minutes to reach star base 115," she informed her superiors, "may I say, that it is agreeable to see you all again."

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.