Author Topic: Season 1, Mission 07: Inquisition  (Read 34017 times)

Offline Alexander Clarke

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Season 1, Mission 07: Inquisition
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:37:27 pm »
Captain's Log, Stardate 66212.78

Over the past few days, the pirates have become increasingly bold in attacks. Numerous engagements with Starfleet ships have been reported and it has been noted in every instance that the conglomeration of technologies on board the pirate ships suggests a serious security breach within every government in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. However, with Starfleet so thinly stretched across so much territory and becoming more so as pirates tie up the limited resources that are left, investigating the breach in Starfleet has become problematic. Finding a mole in the best of conditions is hard enough; finding one as things currently stand pose a whole series of obstacles even more difficult. Fortunately, Starfleet Intelligence has already identified a possible leak and it is merely up to the
Churchill to do the legwork. I can only hope that the ship doesn't become as badly beat up as my previous assignment or I'll have quite a bit of explaining to do to Command.

Clarke sat at his desk in his ready room, researching Admiral T'Por, the focus of his investigation. Having never met the Vulcan, it was intriguing to read about his accomplishments prior to his rise to admiralty, as well as his indirect involvement in getting Clarke rescued. Though Clarke found it somewhat odd that he and his ship had been chosen to look into Admiral T'Por's activities, especially given the potential for conflict of interest, it appeared that someone felt the need to keep the investigation internal to Starfleet but also to try and ensure the investigation objectivity by utilizing the closest thing they had to an outsider.

At first glance, T'Por seemed to have a fairly clean and accomplished record, though obscure. He was by no means the public face of Starfleet, but he wasn't a lightweight either, having helped contributed to coordinating major operations throughout the quadrant. It was the small irregularities, however, that seemed to have sent red flags to Starfleet Intelligence: a handful of sudden, unexplained disappearances over the past few months, accessing of seemingly random and irrelevant files, communications at curious hours of the night. In other circumstances, these things might seem more permissible and dismissible, but with the pirate threat on the rise, no one could be to cautious.

After finishing yet another report on T'Por and his history, Clark leaned back and took a sip of kava juice. The Churchill would need more solid evidence to prove or disprove the allegations being made against him, which would require a trip back to Earth to do so, something that Clarke was not too happy about, but if the investigation required it, so be it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:40:49 pm by Alexander Clarke »

Offline Dustin J. Guidry

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 1, Mission 07: Inquisition
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
Dustin was having another nightmare, for the fourth night in a row this week. Luckily his alarm went off to wake him, just as the dream was getting to the darkest part. He stood out of bed, and yawned and stretched. He walked over to the replicator, and called for some coffee.

"Coffee,Hot,Black." he said seconds before it appeared in the tray.

Taking his coffee he went and got dressed,before going over to the desk and checking on what he had to do today. He was assigned to the regular duty roster, but he knew where he was stopping off first. He went and made sure that his uniform was on correctly, and stuck on his new rank insignia. He exited his room and headed to the turbo-lift were he called for deck 7. Upon getting to deck 7 he walked over and entered the bay, to his surprise it was totally empty. There was how ever a note PADD on the console in the room, he went over and picked it up while reading what it said.

To:Crewman Guidry
Subject:
Hellos Crewman Guidry, As you are very much aware the airponis bay has been stripped and cleaned, I would like for you to take this opportunity to create a bay that suited the best of your needs. With most of the bay being damaged in the last battle, I myself was unable to complete an experiment, the files have been saved in the console of you wish to pick up where I had left off. All the supplies that you will need to begin are located in cargobay 2.

Good Luck.
N.Rush

With knowing all that was ahead of him for the day, he had the supplies shipped over from the cargo bay. While doing so he over looked exactly what type of plants they had in the ships library. He knew that fresh vegetables would be wanted by the crew, but he also so many plants for herbal remedy's as well. He knew that it would take a few days to have all of this up and running on his own.

“If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

John Brown

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:03:47 pm »
Captain's Log, Stardate 66212.78

Over the past few days, the pirates have become increasingly bold in attacks. Numerous engagements with Starfleet ships have been reported and it has been noted in every instance that the conglomeration of technologies on board the pirate ships suggests a serious security breach within every government in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. However, with Starfleet so thinly stretched across so much territory and becoming more so as pirates tie up the limited resources that are left, investigating the breach in Starfleet has become problematic. Finding a mole in the best of conditions is hard enough; finding one as things currently stand pose a whole series of obstacles even more difficult. Fortunately, Starfleet Intelligence has already identified a possible leak and it is merely up to the
Churchill to do the legwork. I can only hope that the ship doesn't become as badly beat up as my previous assignment or I'll have quite a bit of explaining to do to Command.

Clarke sat at his desk in his ready room, researching Admiral T'Por, the focus of his investigation. Having never met the Vulcan, it was intriguing to read about his accomplishments prior to his rise to admiralty, as well as his indirect involvement in getting Clarke rescued. Though Clarke found it somewhat odd that he and his ship had been chosen to look into Admiral T'Por's activities, especially given the potential for conflict of interest, it appeared that someone felt the need to keep the investigation internal to Starfleet but also to try and ensure the investigation objectivity by utilizing the closest thing they had to an outsider.

At first glance, T'Por seemed to have a fairly clean and accomplished record, though obscure. He was by no means the public face of Starfleet, but he wasn't a lightweight either, having helped contributed to coordinating major operations throughout the quadrant. It was the small irregularities, however, that seemed to have sent red flags to Starfleet Intelligence: a handful of sudden, unexplained disappearances over the past few months, accessing of seemingly random and irrelevant files, communications at curious hours of the night. In other circumstances, these things might seem more permissible and dismissible, but with the pirate threat on the rise, no one could be to cautious.

After finishing yet another report on T'Por and his history, Clark leaned back and took a sip of kava juice. The Churchill would need more solid evidence to prove or disprove the allegations being made against him, which would require a trip back to Earth to do so, something that Clarke was not too happy about, but if the investigation required it, so be it.

John was sitting in the center chair of the bridge it was his shift to be on bridge watch and he had very little he had to do. Picking up a padd he looked up at the view screen then at the helm officer he smiled then spoke.

"Helm Change course 243 by 148 matain current speed" Finished Brown as he looked back down at his padd.

------------------<<<<<<<<<<<<<PADD>>>>>>>>--------------

Computer Sensor logs for time index 342.75 to 448.74

Federation Signal detected at time index 343.76 interference from Wormhole prevented further scans

time index  447.98  debris that could be from a hull of a Starship or Federation Civilian vessel detected  insufficient data for further scans

END of Sensor logs for time index 342.75 to 448.74

John sighed and leaned back in the command chair he knew that there would be no way for sure to know if the sensors did detect the U.S.S Banting the last message from them did say they were surrounded by Pirates and were trying to escape but John had no idea what was the best course of action.

"Commander, here is the Away team report from Lieutenant Thomson" Replied Crewman Craig John took the report into his hands and started reading it he looked though the report then placed it at his side with the other padd tapping on his comm badge

==^==Brown to Masters Meet me in my Office at 14:00 hours==^==

ThomasRiker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
John was sitting in the center chair of the bridge it was his shift to be on bridge watch and he had very little he had to do. Picking up a padd he looked up at the view screen then at the helm officer he smiled then spoke.

"Helm Change course 243 by 148 matain current speed" Finished Brown as he looked back down at his padd.

Computer Sensor logs for time index 342.75 to 448.74

Federation Signal detected at time index 343.76 interference from Wormhole prevented further scans

time index  447.98  debris that could be from a hull of a Starship or Federation Civilian vessel detected  insufficient data for further scans

END of Sensor logs for time index 342.75 to 448.74

John sighed and leaned back in the command chair he knew that there would be no way for sure to know if the sensors did detect the U.S.S Banting the last message from them did say they were surrounded by Pirates and were trying to escape but John had no idea what was the best course of action.

"Commander, here is the Away team report from Lieutenant Thomson" Replied Crewman Craig John took the report into his hands and started reading it he looked though the report then placed it at his side with the other padd tapping on his comm badge

==^==Brown to Masters Meet me in my Office at 14:00 hours==^==

Masters was in the gym, one of his favorite hang out spots, and for some reason it seemed, the favorite place for the computer to summon him. At 1350 hours, while he was heavily into his workout and extremely sweaty, he got the message to see Brown in his quarters. He checked the time stamp, and it had been nearly an hour since the message had been sent, but for what ever reason, he got it late. Great he thought to himself. He put the weapons he had been training with down and left the small training room he had created in the holodeck.

With a quick check of the time, he saw he had about five minutes to get up there, so he simply started to run down the corridors and into the lift. He got to Browns office and rang the chime. This was the second time he had been summoned to this very office when caught in the middle of a work out. The first time though he was getting yelled at for his conduct regarding Octavius Mirwald. He rang the chime and went in. "Sir, I apologize for my attire, but I just go the message you wished to see me, I am reporting as ordered."

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:16 pm »
Taras lay sideways across the bed in his quarters. He wasn't even tired. He was just... feeling a tad bit melancholy. 

Understandable given that one of his good friends and colleagues had been shipped over to another... ship. The Discovery-A, if he was not mistaken.

Lt. Reece Thompson.

A fine man by all accounts. An excellent first officer and commander during those rocky early stardates of travel. 

Still, Taras tried not to dwell on the past. And instead, began formulating a message to send to him at some point.

And who's to say that their paths wouldn't cross again?

Taras lightened himself up by thinking of that day. Perhaps a day when the Churchill and the Discovery would join forces.

Provided it wouldn't be in battle... It sounded like a good day indeed.

Taras threw himself off his bed with his newfound energy, and quick wandered out of his quarters, zipping up his uniform.

He strode into the corridor, and stretched, letting out a mild groan, much to the bafflement of the passing crewmembers 

Another complicated day ahead of us now. he thought to himself, both with dread and anticipation.

John Brown

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »
Masters was in the gym, one of his favorite hang out spots, and for some reason it seemed, the favorite place for the computer to summon him. At 1350 hours, while he was heavily into his workout and extremely sweaty, he got the message to see Brown in his quarters. He checked the time stamp, and it had been nearly an hour since the message had been sent, but for what ever reason, he got it late. Great he thought to himself. He put the weapons he had been training with down and left the small training room he had created in the holodeck.

With a quick check of the time, he saw he had about five minutes to get up there, so he simply started to run down the corridors and into the lift. He got to Browns office and rang the chime. This was the second time he had been summoned to this very office when caught in the middle of a work out. The first time though he was getting yelled at for his conduct regarding Octavius Mirwald. He rang the chime and went in. "Sir, I apologize for my attire, but I just go the message you wished to see me, I am reporting as ordered."

John in the past hour of time did a few minor things before heading down to his office to wait for Lieutenant Masters. He managed to finish his review of the security department, and check the armory early so he would have some free time on his hands later. Brown looked up from his desk looking at Master.

"Have a Seat, Lieutenant" Finished the Lieutenant Commander as he picked up his padd and looked at Lieutenant Masters.

"Lieutenant, I want to know from your words from the away mission why you would go off normal security protocol in a away mission and go on your own with no backup?" asked Brown

ThomasRiker

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »
John in the past hour of time did a few minor things before heading down to his office to wait for Lieutenant Masters. He managed to finish his review of the security department, and check the armory early so he would have some free time on his hands later. Brown looked up from his desk looking at Master.

"Have a Seat, Lieutenant" Finished the Lieutenant Commander as he picked up his padd and looked at Lieutenant Masters.

"Lieutenant, I want to know from your words from the away mission why you would go off normal security protocol in a away mission and go on your own with no backup?" asked Brown

Masters had been waiting on this moment, he knew it was coming. "Well sir, there were a couple of reasons. First of all the plan was to go up and flush out the pirates, but there was an explosion, the one that took the life of one of our team" he said, lowering his head for a moment in a sign of respect for the fallen serviceman. "When I looked back, I saw that there were a lot of injuries, and I was not able to hear anything but an infernal ringing. I wasn't able to hear a damned word when Reece was talking to me. I felt that it was in the best interest for our safety for me to advance on them while Reece tended to the injured. The pirates clearly had the intent to kill, it was clearly a trap, and they had explosives. I feared had i not taken said actions, that we would not be having this conversation." Masters said, meaning every word he said, and glad that all but one of them had made it out of there with their lives.

John Brown

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »
Masters had been waiting on this moment, he knew it was coming. "Well sir, there were a couple of reasons. First of all the plan was to go up and flush out the pirates, but there was an explosion, the one that took the life of one of our team" he said, lowering his head for a moment in a sign of respect for the fallen serviceman. "When I looked back, I saw that there were a lot of injuries, and I was not able to hear anything but an infernal ringing. I wasn't able to hear a damned word when Reece was talking to me. I felt that it was in the best interest for our safety for me to advance on them while Reece tended to the injured. The pirates clearly had the intent to kill, it was clearly a trap, and they had explosives. I feared had i not taken said actions, that we would not be having this conversation." Masters said, meaning every word he said, and glad that all but one of them had made it out of there with their lives.

John placed the padd down onto the desk then he leaned forward placing his hands down looking directly at the Lieutenant getting a feel of the situation. Looking back at the padd he took a breath before speaking calmly looking at the Lieutenant.

"Slandered protocol would be you would go to the medical crewman on the Away Mission I want to know why you didn't go and see her while on the mission" Finished Brown as he picked up the Padd and reviewed it. Taking a breath he looked back at Master and spoke again towards the Lieutenant.

"Also if you were in a situation with similar events what would you do now you know what you know now?" finished John

ThomasRiker

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 09:07:44 pm »
John placed the padd down onto the desk then he leaned forward placing his hands down looking directly at the Lieutenant getting a feel of the situation. Looking back at the padd he took a breath before speaking calmly looking at the Lieutenant.

"Slandered protocol would be you would go to the medical crewman on the Away Mission I want to know why you didn't go and see her while on the mission" Finished Brown as he picked up the Padd and reviewed it. Taking a breath he looked back at Master and spoke again towards the Lieutenant.

"Also if you were in a situation with similar events what would you do now you know what you know now?" finished John

"Well, I did walk over to her... and I did get medical treatment" he said making an involuntary check of his ankle, which was still bothering him. "And yes Sir, I would do it the same over. I maintain that I do not think we would have survived had it not been for my actions. He understood this line of question, it wasn't his first time of getting such a review, though for his wife's sake it would probably be his last. "I don't know how much you would like to know sir, but would you mind if I got a towel from the replicator? I was in the gym when I received the message, and I don't want to get your chair wet"

John Brown

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
"Well, I did walk over to her... and I did get medical treatment" he said making an involuntary check of his ankle, which was still bothering him. "And yes Sir, I would do it the same over. I maintain that I do not think we would have survived had it not been for my actions. He understood this line of question, it wasn't his first time of getting such a review, though for his wife's sake it would probably be his last. "I don't know how much you would like to know sir, but would you mind if I got a towel from the replicator? I was in the gym when I received the message, and I don't want to get your chair wet"

"You may get a towel" Finished Brown as he looked at the padd he had in front of him he mumbled over it then he placed it down on the desk once more then he looked at Masters for what he needed it was up to Masters to be ready for it. then he leaned closer then took a breath.

"If you were in charge of the Away team what would you do in the same situation?. If you had an officer that disobeyed orders or regulations what would you do in that situation?" finished Brown looking at him

ThomasRiker

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 09:26:02 pm »
"You may get a towel" Finished Brown as he looked at the padd he had in front of him he mumbled over it then he placed it down on the desk once more then he looked at Masters for what he needed it was up to Masters to be ready for it. then he leaned closer then took a breath.

"If you were in charge of the Away team what would you do in the same situation?. If you had an officer that disobeyed orders or regulations what would you do in that situation?" finished Brown looking at him

After receiving permission Masters had gotten a towel and wrapped it around his shoulders so he wouldn't drench the chair when he leaned back. He listened to his superior officers question and thought about it for a moment, then leaned forward. He didn't mean it as any sort of disrespect or disregard, rather to show he was very sure of himself. "Sir, in this situation, had I been the commanding officer, I would have been leading the mission up the hatch after it was shown to be a trap. I would have left the medical officer to tend to the injured crewmen, and taken all able bodied people to lead an assault. Based on this, I don't think that a crew member would have had the chance to disobey established protocol." He told him, again leaning back.

"But, I get what you are asking. If I were in command and someone disobeyed protocol, I would have to evaluate who and what they are. If a doctor advanced in combat with a rifle on his hand, I would see to it he were confined to Medical for the duration of the tour. On the other hand, if that doctor was in a team negotiating with a race that didn't want physical contact, and one of them went into say, cardiac arrest, and there was no one that knew what to do, and he proceeded to safe the persons life, despite protocol, then I would not put down but praise him. So, in the end, it comes down to what training the person has had, what action they took and there history." He said, hoping his examples made sense. "As we are talking about me, I would look at my training, special operations... I would look at my service time here. Yes, I have been belligerent at times, but I have had no instances of outright disregard for orders. I may talk back, but I do as I'm told."

John Brown

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »
After receiving permission Masters had gotten a towel and wrapped it around his shoulders so he wouldn't drench the chair when he leaned back. He listened to his superior officers question and thought about it for a moment, then leaned forward. He didn't mean it as any sort of disrespect or disregard, rather to show he was very sure of himself. "Sir, in this situation, had I been the commanding officer, I would have been leading the mission up the hatch after it was shown to be a trap. I would have left the medical officer to tend to the injured crewmen, and taken all able bodied people to lead an assault. Based on this, I don't think that a crew member would have had the chance to disobey established protocol." He told him, again leaning back.

"But, I get what you are asking. If I were in command and someone disobeyed protocol, I would have to evaluate who and what they are. If a doctor advanced in combat with a rifle on his hand, I would see to it he were confined to Medical for the duration of the tour. On the other hand, if that doctor was in a team negotiating with a race that didn't want physical contact, and one of them went into say, cardiac arrest, and there was no one that knew what to do, and he proceeded to safe the persons life, despite protocol, then I would not put down but praise him. So, in the end, it comes down to what training the person has had, what action they took and there history." He said, hoping his examples made sense. "As we are talking about me, I would look at my training, special operations... I would look at my service time here. Yes, I have been belligerent at times, but I have had no instances of outright disregard for orders. I may talk back, but I do as I'm told."

John turned to his computer terminal and again looked over Lieutenants' Masters service record then looked back at the officer in front of him. John looked at him for a long moment that seemed to be ages for anyone in the room.

"Right, now Lieutenant From your own opinion how important is a member of the Medical team on an Away Mission" Finished John as he picked up the report of the away mission again going over what Lieutenant Thomson has said of what happened during the mission then placing it down.

"Finally Lieutenant, what do you want out of Starfleet where do you want to go?" finishing Brown

ThomasRiker

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »
John turned to his computer terminal and again looked over Lieutenants' Masters service record then looked back at the officer in front of him. John looked at him for a long moment that seemed to be ages for anyone in the room.

"Right, now Lieutenant From your own opinion how important is a member of the Medical team on an Away Mission" Finished John as he picked up the report of the away mission again going over what Lieutenant Thomson has said of what happened during the mission then placing it down.

"Finally Lieutenant, what do you want out of Starfleet where do you want to go?" finishing Brown

I think a medical member is important on the majority of missions. There is any number situations that could crop up that medical is needed for. Even in missions that combat is not anticipated, something can crop up and cause problems that they are needed" He said, wondering where this was going. Medical personnel were important, even with his field medic crash course in basic, he had needed doctors more than once.

"As far as where I am going, I wish to be a career officer. I had wanted to continue in special operations until I couldn't do it anymore, but now that my wife is pregnant, it isn't fair for her. Now I want to be on a ship and see that everyone is safe and secure, be it from a security stand point or a command standpoint. Safety is paramount.

John Brown

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:23 pm »
I think a medical member is important on the majority of missions. There is any number situations that could crop up that medical is needed for. Even in missions that combat is not anticipated, something can crop up and cause problems that they are needed" He said, wondering where this was going. Medical personnel were important, even with his field medic crash course in basic, he had needed doctors more than once.

"As far as where I am going, I wish to be a career officer. I had wanted to continue in special operations until I couldn't do it anymore, but now that my wife is pregnant, it isn't fair for her. Now I want to be on a ship and see that everyone is safe and secure, be it from a security stand point or a command standpoint. Safety is paramount.

John smiled as he heard what Masters said he once again looked at the service record and looking over all the notes from the previous positions he has hand even in the first few months the Churchill was commissioned.

"What I am going to ask you could help you gain other positions but if you're not ready for it I would have to know as it's not an easy task" Finished Brown leaning forward looking at the Lieutenant

"As you are aware Lieutenant Thomson, was transferred to the U.S.S Discovery and took my former position of Chief Tactical/Security officer with this move I am willing to place you as Assistant Chief Tactical/Security Officer of the U.S.S Churchill on a trial basis with this position you would have to be in charge of most away teams. You will be conducting reviews of the armories and looking into internal security as you would report to me. Would you be able to perform this task" Asked Brown

TLaina Mandlin

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:58 pm »
Sighing T'Laina would look around her quarters and slowly take her feet of her coffee table, picking at the last bit of fruit she was eating she decide it was time to leave her room and get back into the crew. It felt like years to her but it was only a couple days since Recce got transferred leaving her a mess. T'Laina would shake her head sending her messy hair into a more tangled mess, he was gone,life moved on and she needed to stop wondering what could have been, she had a job to do and sitting her wasn't go to fix anything.

Standing up she would wander into the shower and get ready for yet another long shift of reporting and checking the medical supplies. Slipping on her uniform T'Laina would look around the room and sigh once more before brushing her hair quickly,  pulling on her boots and heading out the door to the sick bay.

Sliding into the sick bay T'Laina looked around and smiled the first time in ages, glad to have found a place that was safe from the people who where higher up then her. Plopping down on a stool T'Laina spun around to face the desk and pulled out her PADD'  and stared to look over what she had miss in her random couple of days of mopping over a man that didn't even know she existed and now he was gone. Humming to herself T'Laina would get lost in her work.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:03:37 pm by TLaina Mandlin »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles