Season 4, Mission 01: Non Compos Mentis

Started by kawolsky, March 15, 2008, 06:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

MISSION START: 17th March, 2008

"Lieutenant, fire all weapons!"  the captain on the bridge shouted

"Engines are offline!"  shouted another officer, before being hit by a flying bulkhead

*Kawolsky froze where he was. People were dying around him and he couldn't move his body*

"Lieutenant! FIRE WEAPONS!"  shouted the captain

*Kawolsky remained still, shaking at the death around him*

"Commander Munro, take over the tactical station!"

*The first officer ran up to the tactical station and shoved Kawolsky out of the way*

"INCOMING TORPEDO!"  shouted Munro

*Kawolsky could see the torpedo incoming. With shields down to 5% they wouldn't be able to survive the impact. The projectile grew bigger and bigger until...*

"The time is 0600 hours"  alerted the computer

*Kawolsky suddenly awoke upright in his bed. It took him several minutes to shake off the unpleasant feeling, but stood up and walked into the sonic shower, still slightly disorientated. His station quarters were more spacious than the Discovery's. There was a large lounge area and an adjoining bedroom, with bathroom. After a few more minutes, he was in his uniform, ready to go.*

"Computer, what is my schedule for today?"   he asked

"1100 hours - Wedding ceremony"   the computer replied

*Kawolsky had forgotten about the wedding ceremony of Aaron and Damiana. He put on his boots and left for the station's recreational lounge, where preparations for the wedding were taking place.*

Alan Christopher

Alan was tucked underneath a shuttle's helm console. He had opened the access port and was modifying the isolinear chips so that the response times in manouvers would be halfed. He used a decoupler to removed a bridge of connections, a spark flicked out, licking his hand. he shouted in pain, rising quickly while forgetting about the console above him, he hit his head and lay back down.

" God damn station, i need to get out of here. "

He stopped talking to himself, and heard a hearty chuckle coming from the entrance to the shuttle

cortez

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 17, 2008, 06:02:25 PM

Alan was tucked underneath a shuttle's helm console. He had opened the access port and was modifying the isolinear chips so that the response times in manouvers would be halfed. He used a decoupler to removed a bridge of connections, a spark flicked out, licking his hand. he shouted in pain, rising quickly while forgetting about the console above him, he hit his head and lay back down.

He stopped talking to himself, and heard a hearty chuckle coming from the entrance to the shuttle

"Ha, the Flyboy can't work his way around a shuttle's internal systems!"   Cortez joked

*Cortez walked up to Alan and helped him up*

"How's it coming, Christopher?"

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 17, 2008, 06:02:25 PM

Lee laughed at his friends accident. He had a padd in hand and pressed it a few times before moving in.

" you flyboys are all the same, all instinct no brain. Still that was entertaining. "

He saw alan was not amused.

" What are you doing down here, its Aarons wedding in a few hours, the captain wants us all to be there, and quite frankly you stink. "

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on March 17, 2008, 06:07:07 PM

Lee laughed at his friends accident. He had a padd in hand and pressed it a few times before moving in.

" you flyboys are all the same, all instinct no brain. Still that was entertaining. "

He saw alan was not amused.

" What are you doing down here, its Aarons wedding in a few hours, the captain wants us all to be there, and quite frankly you stink. "

" Don't you two have anything better to do? "

alan stood up with mikes help

" Besides, why are we going to this wedding? Not like we've been getting along with the chronosions that well lately, rememver the last time they were on the discovery, the captain and Commander Bradley almost shoved them out an airlock. "

cortez

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 17, 2008, 06:09:04 PM

" Don't you two have anything better to do? "

alan stood up with mikes help

" Besides, why are we going to this wedding? Not like we've been getting along with the chronosions that well lately, rememver the last time they were on the discovery, the captain and Commander Bradley almost shoved them out an airlock. "

"Yeah, well, orders are orders. The captain wants us to be there and so we have to be there...in full dress uniform. So, you better start getting ready, or do I have to make it an order?"   he joked to Christopher

kawolsky

*Kawolsky arrived on the recreation deck. He saw the decorations being put up and the tables being set for the reception. He also noticed Admiral O'Neill at the far side, looking out to space through one of the room's large windows. Kawolsky walked up to him*

"Hello, sir. You admiring the view?"   he asked

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Mike Cortez on March 17, 2008, 06:11:15 PM

"Yeah, well, orders are orders. The captain wants us to be there and so we have to be there...in full dress uniform. So, you better start getting ready, or do I have to make it an order?"   he joked to Christopher

Alan laughed.

" You've gone mad with power mike. "

The three walked off, this was going to be a long day. Alan broke the silence.

" So is it a free bar? or do i need to get my latinum? "

cortez

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 17, 2008, 06:15:16 PM

Alan laughed.

" You've gone mad with power mike. "

The three walked off, this was going to be a long day. Alan broke the silence.

" So is it a free bar? or do i need to get my latinum? "

*Cortez laughed*

"You juniors; always thinking about your stomachs!"

*The three officers walked down to the corridor. Cortez stopped*

"Alright, I need to go and get changed into my dress uniform. I'll see you two on the rec-deck at 10:30 hours."

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Mike Cortez on March 17, 2008, 06:17:21 PM

*Cortez laughed*

"You juniors; always thinking about your stomachs!"

*The three officers walked down to the corridor. Cortez stopped*

"Alright, I need to go and get changed into my dress uniform. I'll see you two on the rec-deck at 10:30 hours."

" I'll be there. I hate dress uniforms. "

Alan walked off in the direction of his quarters, while lee went off in a seperate direction.

cortez

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 17, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

" I'll be there. I hate dress uniforms. "

Alan walked off in the direction of his quarters, while lee went off in a seperate direction.

*Cortez walked into his quarters to get changed*

Chris Newberry

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 17, 2008, 06:14:26 PM

*Kawolsky arrived on the recreation deck. He saw the decorations being put up and the tables being set for the reception. He also noticed Admiral O'Neill at the far side, looking out to space through one of the room's large windows. Kawolsky walked up to him*

"Hello, sir. You admiring the view?"   he asked

"I am John. I am still getting over the shock of the Discovery destruction. She was my flagship when i was in command of her in the Delta Quadrant before Khilara then Kayla got command of her and then you." replied Chris

"Have you though about my offer?"

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

kawolsky

Quote from: Chris O'Neill on March 17, 2008, 06:31:42 PM

"I am John. I am still getting over the shock of the Discovery destruction. She was my flagship when i was in command of her in the Delta Quadrant before Khilara then Kayla got command of her and then you." replied Chris

"Have you though about my offer?"

"Yes, sir, I have."

*Kawolsky walked closer to the window, and looked out to space*

"She looks to be a fine ship. I would love to command her, however, I will have to decline the offer of promotion. An Admiral's place is on a starbase...I want to be out there, in space. I hope you understand, sir?"

Chris Newberry

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 17, 2008, 06:34:19 PM

"Yes, sir, I have."

*Kawolsky walked closer to the window, and looked out to space*

"She looks to be a fine ship. I would love to command her, however, I will have to decline the offer of promotion. An Admiral's place is on a starbase...I want to be out there, in space. I hope you don't take offence, sir?"

"It doesn't John but your senior staff, numberous junior staff, and enlisted presonnel would like to see you get a promotion. I will contact Starfleet Command and inform them of your decision then."

O'Neill stares out at the nearly completed Akira class Starship USS Blackpool.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

kawolsky

Quote from: Chris O'Neill on March 17, 2008, 06:40:11 PM

"It doesn't John but your senior staff, numberous junior staff, and enlisted presonnel would like to see you get a promotion. I will contact Starfleet Command and inform them of your decision then."

O'Neill stares out at the nearly completed Akira class Starship USS Blackpool.

"Yes, sir. Thank you."

*Kawolsky nods to the Admiral and walks away*

< Rec-Deck, 1100hrs >

*Everyone was assembled on the Rec-Deck for the wedding. The station's command staff, along with the Discovery's crew, were sat down in preparation for the ceremony. Kawolsky was at the front, awaiting the arrival of the "bride", Damiana. As he was scanning the crowd, he noticed a few familiar faces amongst the Discovery contingent, most notably a young marine officer, a 2nd lieutenant. He made a mental note to talk to him when the ceremony was over. A couple of minutes later, Damiana entered*

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.