News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 1, Mission 06: Lifeline

Started by Alexander Clarke, February 22, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 08:48:34 PM

"I'm essentially under orders to leave it alone. I told myself I would look into it, but I have not had the opportunity." He told Commander Brown. This was the part that Brown would do something about it, give him new orders or take his own action, or, it would be like one of those holonovels where he would end up dead. That thought almost made him chuckle. Then he remembered who he was talking to.

"I want you to get a formal report ready for me to review, I want you to go though everything the records of this time and talk with the Sickbay Medical staff for possabile causes as if this ship was sabatouged once it could be again and I want a report to head to Commander Clarke for review while as the same time were going to get to the bottom of this.I will be as much assistance as you need but I will need the report and evidence of what happened for Commander Clarke" Finished Brown looking at the man.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 08:53:05 PM

"I want you to get a formal report ready for me to review, I want you to go though everything the records of this time and talk with the Sickbay Medical staff for possabile causes as if this ship was sabatouged once it could be again and I want a report to head to Commander Clarke for review while as the same time were going to get to the bottom of this.I will be as much assistance as you need but I will need the report and evidence of what happened for Commander Clarke" Finished Brown looking at the man.

"Aye sir" he told the him, then looked at his nails. He had said what he needed, and now wanted to get away from him. He had to admit his opinion of him had risen a bit, but he wasn't ready to admit it. "I believe that most of the records are currently in my...er your office"

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 08:58:30 PM

"Aye sir" he told the him, then looked at his nails. He had said what he needed, and now wanted to get away from him. He had to admit his opinion of him had risen a bit, but he wasn't ready to admit it. "I believe that most of the records are currently in my...er your office"

"The Records in my office is open for anybody in the secuitey department, and if you have any suggestions just let me know"Replied Brown

TLaina Mandlin

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 26, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

Lance quietly stepped into the medbay and quick-marched to the crewman sitting at the desk. "Excuse me, I'm here for a medical check-up. I suffered an emotional breakdown on the bridge and am not to report for duty until I check out okay for any kind of physical problem," he stated, simply. He trusted the crewman to know what she was doing.

Looking up from her PADD T'Laina would let her gray eyes study the man that came flaunting in here demanding she look him over  letting out a sigh she would close her mouth tightly . Pushing her stool back from the desk and standing up  T'Laina would grab a box of gloves and study the man more. Kicking the stool across the room to the table she watch it stop inches from where she wanted it to go. Nodding her head T'Laina would smiled slightly at him before speaking in a soft manner

"I have a name Lt.Krol and if your going to tell me what to do I'll take longer to look over what happened on the bridge so go have a seat over there well I get my tools in order and I'll be with you in a second.

Pointing to the table across the room T'Laina would turn back to her desk studying the tools ignoring Lt.Krol trying to decide what tools she would need. Twirling her hair slowly with her fingers T'Laina hum to herself softly as she picked up tools and placed others back on the desk.

Dustin J. Guidry

Dustin was still on duty in the brig, when the final touches where being made. The team had taken almost an entire three hours, to complete there task. The entire crew began to pack up, they then left the brig after they were done. All but one of them stayed behind, the team leader of he had to guess.

"Crewman inside of cell number three, you will be bale to see a round funnel device." Said the officer to Guidry

As the officer was saying that to him, dustin pulled up the camera from cell room three. It was a funnel device indeed. It was sitting in the middle of the room on the floor. The end of the funnel pointed at the main doorway. Dustin nodded to the officer to let him know that he had indeed saw the device.

Starfleet Intell has reason to believe the pirate threat have stolen a weapon, that can allow you to break out any type of prison cell. This is one of the models recovered from the break out at a highly classified federation prison station. In order to complete the test, and the churchill to be cleared to depart the space dock, we must first make sure that they can't pull another break out attempt.."

Dustin had heard a few whispers, but only threw the thinnest of air ways. But that was back in his Intell days before getting shipped to the ship. He knew how the inmates had escaped and it took months for them to even come up with an idea as to how it happened. But he had his own theory, that it worked like a type of mirror to copy the fields energy and then simply make a opening in the middle to escape out of.

If the device is able to open an escape route from the cell in anyway, you will fail this test and be denied leave from the station"

This was a huge load of pressure now only on his shoulders, but he was still well with in his comfort zone. As the device began to power up, the lights on his monitors began to flicker and beep. The computer had now picked up the device inside of the cell. He engaged the force field door to cell three, he closely looked to the sensor data from inside of the cell. The device shot out four beam, into the force field wall. He looked over the data that the computer was telling him, and it seemed that the field was not being hit with any type of weapon array that he had seen before. Then with in a few moments he noticed that the device had began to match the force fields frequency, just as he had thought from the beginning. With this knowledge gave him an advantage, one that the officer was unaware of. He hit in a few commands and began to rotate the frequency and power output of the field emitters. This was able to almost completely render the device useless.

"Very good work crewman, you were able to adapt to the device rather quickly might I add." said the officer from the station

Thank you sir, It is easy to see how one would be able to escape if the area of the prison was not heavily patrolled. But why has the device not yet powered off?"

It should have powered down by now, ill run a diagnostic from here."said the officer pulling out a tri-corder.

Another one of the panels began to chirp and beep at dustin's desk, it read that the device was giving off a power level well out of the safe range for the size of that device.

The device's main power core is beginning to over load, shut it down,Now! Dustin ordered the officer.

I cant its not responding to any of the commands i'm uploading. said the officer beginning to now work up a sweat from the fear of this device.

Dustin began to scan the device with the sensors inside of the cell, the device may have been trying to match the power out put of the force field emitters. Further scans showed, at the current level of power the device was putting out, even if he was to scale down the power output the internal computer had already began to burn out and would not be able to shut it self down. He turned to a second console and began to route commands to the site to site transporter system.

Stand by i'm locking onto the device now, iv got a lock transporting it 600 meter off the aft bow." with that being said the device was covered in a blue light as it faded from view.

Dustin got up and walked over to the cell, then looked at the officer while touching the field.

Looks like we passed, sir." while talking the panel once again beeped as the device exploded away from any ship in the area.

The officer shucked his head and smiled in  agreement.

I will inform flight control that your ship is clear to depart from the station, great work crewman."

Dustin smiled back at the officer as he walked out of the room. Dustin walked back over to his desk, now that he was finally alone. He brung up all sensor data that was picked up from inside of the cell during that test. He also had the transporter room lock onto the debris from the explosion, and had them beamed to cargo bay 2. That would be his first stop after his shift was complete, but he still had six more hours to go before that could happen.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

Lance Krol

Quote from: TLaina Mandlin on February 26, 2012, 09:47:35 PM

Looking up from her PADD T'Laina would let her gray eyes study the man that came flaunting in here demanding she look him over  letting out a sigh she would close her mouth tightly . Pushing her stool back from the desk and standing up  T'Laina would grab a box of gloves and study the man more. Kicking the stool across the room to the table she watch it stop inches from where she wanted it to go. Nodding her head T'Laina would smiled slightly at him before speaking in a soft manner

"I have a name Lt.Krol and if your going to tell me what to do I'll take longer to look over what happened on the bridge so go have a seat over there well I get my tools in order and I'll be with you in a second.

Pointing to the table across the room T'Laina would turn back to her desk studying the tools ignoring Lt.Krol trying to decide what tools she would need. Twirling her hair slowly with her fingers T'Laina hum to herself softly as she picked up tools and placed others back on the desk.

Well, what the hell do you say to that? He wasn't going to sit down and let the crewman dominate a superior, even if he didn't like his position as a superior. Instead, he simply leant against the nearest wall and watched, with a sarcastic "Gosh, you're so well organized," to even the ground a bit.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 07:46:30 PM

"Yes, that is correct I want you to do that then I want you to find me as were going to work on a project for the weapons array we got a day to get the ship prepared" Finished John as he walked to the troubolift as the doors opened he turned "Oh and Mr. Thomson Welcome aboard" Finished the Chief Tactical Officer as he entered the lift.

Reece watched as Masters and Brown ran into the Turbolift. "Welcome *back*." He corrected to himself.

He moved behind the console and grabbed a Data PADD that he could use to make his report. He turned and grabbed the other turbolift, heading down to his quarters.

When he arrived, he grabbed a cup of tea from the replicator and sat at his terminal. "Computer. Display security protocols and logs. Authorization, Reece-2-0-0-7." The screen lit up with a massive list. He sighed.

Without warning, he started coughing and spluttering again, almost spilling his tea. He slowly managed to get it in control before stumbling over to his bag. Opening it, he took out a small tube of pills. They weren't standard medical practise in Starfleet anymore, but he had experienced adverse reactions when treated with the hypospray mixture. He popped two out and quickly swallowed them.

He moved back to the terminal and began reviewing them. As for the interviews, he realised there was no point in interviewing Brown, as he would've known his weak spots. He decided to start with Masters.

=/\= Thompson to Masters. Please report to my quarters. =/\=

He made a few notes on what he could remember about the 'restricted' protocols from when he was Chief.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

cortez

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on February 26, 2012, 05:12:07 PM

"Well, I won't hold you from briefing your department on your improvements, Mr. Brown" said Clarke. "As I said, Command want us to be underway soon, so any opportunity to get to know your subordinates is valuable. Unless there is something else you'd like to discuss, you're free to go."

Turning back to Cortez, Clarke said, "The same goes to you, Cortez. Keep me informed of the progress of the maintenance and of any major incidents that require my attention. I'll be here if you need me--apparently being kidnapped for several months isn't enough of an excuse to pass off a pile of paperwork. And don't forget your cocoa on your way out."

Cortez nodded with a wry smile. He had hoped to "conveniently forget" the mug of cocoa that sat on the table in the ready room.

"Aye, sir"  he replied, before turning towards the door and heading back onto the bridge.

TLaina Mandlin

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 27, 2012, 03:02:52 AM

Well, what the hell do you say to that? He wasn't going to sit down and let the crewman dominate a superior, even if he didn't like his position as a superior. Instead, he simply leant against the nearest wall and watched, with a sarcastic "Gosh, you're so well organized," to even the ground a bit.

Slamming her tools on the desk T'Laina swing around and let out a slow steady breath before swinging her gray eyes up to meet Lance's eyes. Men she thought to herself and quickly walked over to him filling the space between them and letting out a slight smile she would cross her arms over her chest before remarking back in the same sarcastic tone.

" Real cute, a man who decides to push a medical officers luck but you are not going anywhere until I approve you and until that happens you and I are going to get to know each other really well."

Poking Lance in the stomach T'Laina would keep staring at him thinking to herself about how annoying her job could get when people forgot she was the one deciding on who got to work around here.

Lance Krol

Quote from: TLaina Mandlin on February 27, 2012, 09:03:17 AM

Slamming her tools on the desk T'Laina swing around and let out a slow steady breath before swinging her gray eyes up to meet Lance's eyes. Men she thought to herself and quickly walked over to him filling the space between them and letting out a slight smile she would cross her arms over her chest before remarking back in the same sarcastic tone.

" Real cute, a man who decides to push a medical officers luck but you are not going anywhere until I approve you and until that happens you and I are going to get to know each other really well."

Poking Lance in the stomach T'Laina would keep staring at him thinking to herself about how annoying her job could get when people forgot she was the one deciding on who got to work around here.

Lance had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do. Do I simply shout her down? I could. In fact, screw it. She's tried to push me around and I can't take this anymore. I need to get back to work. I need. To get back. To work.

He felt his pulse race and race, climbing until he felt veins throbbing in his wrist. Anger pretty much overtook him, though he retained enough control to direct his own mouth.

"I didn't ask your name because I am here for a ten-minute checkup. I expect you to be organized because if I break my leg or get a third-degree burn in the engineering department then I expect you to save my life. Do you think you have problems? Do you? You want to know what a problem is? I have been in a coma for the last three years and during that time, my wife left me for a barman. A barman! Have you ever been married? No, you're a Vulcan, you can't possibly understand what it's like waking up and finding out that three years have passed and you've been written off by the person you love most in THE WORLD! Do you understand how hard I tried to get my life back on track? I can't go anywhere that isn't Starfleet anymore because Starfleet is the only place that will accept anyone with my kind of background. I HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! Do you think I enjoy being stuck in this medbay being stood up by a freakishly huffy Vulcan who thinks they have problems because I didn't ask their name?! Well?! DO YOU?!"

Lance stopped when he realized he was spitting in her face.

She was staring at him, shock and disgust written on the aforementioned face.

He just leant back against the wall, sank to the ground with his face pressed into his knees and wished he could die. He wanted to cry again but he couldn't.

"This isn't my day. Please, just let me leave..." he whimpered.

TLaina Mandlin

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 27, 2012, 11:49:05 AM

Lance had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do. Do I simply shout her down? I could. In fact, screw it. She's tried to push me around and I can't take this anymore. I need to get back to work. I need. To get back. To work.

He felt his pulse race and race, climbing until he felt veins throbbing in his wrist. Anger pretty much overtook him, though he retained enough control to direct his own mouth.

"I didn't ask your name because I am here for a ten-minute checkup. I expect you to be organized because if I break my leg or get a third-degree burn in the engineering department then I expect you to save my life. Do you think you have problems? Do you? You want to know what a problem is? I have been in a coma for the last three years and during that time, my wife left me for a barman. A barman! Have you ever been married? No, you're a Vulcan, you can't possibly understand what it's like waking up and finding out that three years have passed and you've been written off by the person you love most in THE WORLD! Do you understand how hard I tried to get my life back on track? I can't go anywhere that isn't Starfleet anymore because Starfleet is the only place that will accept anyone with my kind of background. I HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! Do you think I enjoy being stuck in this medbay being stood up by a freakishly huffy Vulcan who thinks they have problems because I didn't ask their name?! Well?! DO YOU?!"

Lance stopped when he realized he was spitting in her face.

She was staring at him, shock and disgust written on the aforementioned face.

He just leant back against the wall, sank to the ground with his face pressed into his knees and wished he could die. He wanted to cry again but he couldn't.

"This isn't my day. Please, just let me leave..." he whimpered.

Blinking T'Laina opened and closed her mouth thinking to herself he was crazier then they thought . Crouching down on her knees T'Laina would bounce a bit and then stare at Lance for a moment before speaking in a soft soothing manner.

"We all have problems we have to over come in more ways then one sir I'm a half Vulcan half human with no logic, who is  hyperactive and who hasn't seen her sisters in eight years for all I know they are dead like the rest of my family so shape up and come have a seat with me over there in those chairs and we will discuss the best solution for you right now."

Standing up T'Laina would reach out and offer her hand to help him up  knowing that it be better if they sat on something other then the floor. Looking down she would whisper again to him

"It is okay to cry too as long it helps."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 27, 2012, 03:11:41 AM

Reece watched as Masters and Brown ran into the Turbolift. "Welcome *back*." He corrected to himself.

He moved behind the console and grabbed a Data PADD that he could use to make his report. He turned and grabbed the other turbolift, heading down to his quarters.

When he arrived, he grabbed a cup of tea from the replicator and sat at his terminal. "Computer. Display security protocols and logs. Authorization, Reece-2-0-0-7." The screen lit up with a massive list. He sighed.

Without warning, he started coughing and spluttering again, almost spilling his tea. He slowly managed to get it in control before stumbling over to his bag. Opening it, he took out a small tube of pills. They weren't standard medical practise in Starfleet anymore, but he had experienced adverse reactions when treated with the hypospray mixture. He popped two out and quickly swallowed them.

He moved back to the terminal and began reviewing them. As for the interviews, he realised there was no point in interviewing Brown, as he would've known his weak spots. He decided to start with Masters.

=/\= Thompson to Masters. Please report to my quarters. =/\=

He made a few notes on what he could remember about the 'restricted' protocols from when he was Chief.

Rolling his eyes for a brief moment, Masters started walking. So many changes to security, he had no clue where he was. He had to use the computer to find him, and a couple minutes past before he got to the office. He pushed the chime to let Reece know he was there.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 27, 2012, 06:21:57 PM

Rolling his eyes for a brief moment, Masters started walking. So many changes to security, he had no clue where he was. He had to use the computer to find him, and a couple minutes past before he got to the office. He pushed the chime to let Reece know he was there.

Reece looked up at screen. There were way too many security protocols. Most of them had been edited since the federation entered this conflict with the pirates as well. He sighed, but was ripped from his tired state when the door chimed. He quickly cleaned up the desk of random PADD's lying around.

He coughed several times before clearing his throat. "Enter."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 27, 2012, 06:21:57 PM

Lieutenant Commander Brown exited the lift and walked down deck 5 around him there were engineers walking about repairing and installing power relays. Brown smiled as he turned the corner in his mind he remembered what it was like when he first joined Starfleet. Several Moments past and he stopped at the door labelled " Office Room-A-565" as John looked he noticed it locked.

"Computer Release Lock Authorization Brown, John Lieutenant Commander Chief Security/Tactical Officer Delta-Seven-Eight-Omega" Replied John as the doors opened he stepped inside he talked with the Doctor before she left for a meeting on Earth who gave him use of the office.

John looked around and seeing the darkness of the office he walked to the desk and took a seat in front of the computer terminal Brown wanted to be alone as he reviewed the files which would be personal in nature.

"Computer Login Brown, John Lieutenant Commander Delta-Nine-Four-Seven" Said John into the computer terminal as the terminal powered on a blue light filled the darkened office.

"Computer Access Starfleet Database and Download all files regarding U.S.S Banting Missing in Action/ all records of U.S.S Churchill and Official Logs of Lieutenant Reece Thomson." Finished Brown

Computer: Working..........17 Minutes 57 Seconds until download is complete

John then sat back in the chair in his mind he thought there has to be a key to the Pirates kidnapping Commander Clarke and the strange disappearance of his Sons ship the U.S.S Banting. He knew as a Starfleet Officer that starships go missing but something from the back of his mind wanted him to looked into this as even if he is unable to get his Son back he would be able to maybe find a clue regarding the Pirates.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 27, 2012, 06:33:52 PM

Reece looked up at screen. There were way too many security protocols. Most of them had been edited since the federation entered this conflict with the pirates as well. He sighed, but was ripped from his tired state when the door chimed. He quickly cleaned up the desk of random PADD's lying around.

He coughed several times before clearing his throat. "Enter."

Master's walked into the small room that was supposed to be an office. "Excuse me for speaking out of turn sir, but this really blows" he said looking around. "We go from superiors to inferiors very quick" he added, then moved a couple PADDS from the chair accross from the desk before sitting down. He had been working with Reece for a while now, and at when not in front of the others he had never been said anything about keeping things formal. "Let me know if there is anything you need to access, I am unsure if Commander Brown has changed my codes or not, but having been acting security chief, I did have some nice permissions." He didn't mention that he had hid a few back doors into the system, You never know when you might need to do something in an emergency and lack the neccessary person.

"Oh yeah, I suppose this is about your assignment?" he asked. He did not pitty Reece one bit for the assignment. "After our interview, let me know if there is anything I can help with, I kept a tight reign on things the best I could"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.