Season 1, Mission 06: Lifeline

Started by Alexander Clarke, February 22, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 12:59:34 AM

"I been good Commander, it's been too long but it will be good to serve with you again" Replied Brown as he walked into the Room

Lieutenant Commander Brown returned the hand shake and smiled at Lt.Commander Cortez and took a breath before speaking "I am sorry for troubling you, I wanted to speak to both you and the Commander as my transfer here was at the request of an Admiral T'Por. I am unsure if you are aware but Starfleet Command sent an Admiral Grey to review the command staff of the U.S.S Discovery shortly after that I was transferred here" Finished Brown as he looked out the window looking at the worker bees then looked back at Commander Clarke.

"From my experience, and I am sure Lieutenant Commander Cortez remembers the U.S.S Discovery Nova Class had a interesting adventure when it came to Pirates. I did review the official records on your recent missions, the thing that gets me is that the Pirates are so bold to go past Intelligence but this is normal. Intelligence has a hard time getting into the inner circle to get information and given your experience with them I doubt it will be a walk in the park. I think there will be an ambush it would be perfect timing to try to proof we are unable to protect the colonies .I believe that they want  the colonies to lose faith in the Federation or better yet to get them to revoke their membership this is the way to do it" Finished the New Chief Tactical Officer taking a long breath before speaking "I did take a look at the current specs of the Churchill, I can see ways to improve our combat effectiveness in a fight by 3%, and increase our early warning systems as they fight dirty a lot of this I did on the Discovery. It can work here a lot that was done was ideas and design changes made by Ensign Safi Larson if you get past her interesting personality she's a good engineer "Finished John

"We will be prepared" Finished Brown

"Well, I won't hold you from briefing your department on your improvements, Mr. Brown" said Clarke. "As I said, Command want us to be underway soon, so any opportunity to get to know your subordinates is valuable. Unless there is something else you'd like to discuss, you're free to go."

Turning back to Cortez, Clarke said, "The same goes to you, Cortez. Keep me informed of the progress of the maintenance and of any major incidents that require my attention. I'll be here if you need me--apparently being kidnapped for several months isn't enough of an excuse to pass off a pile of paperwork. And don't forget your cocoa on your way out."

John Brown

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on February 26, 2012, 05:12:07 PM

"Well, I won't hold you from briefing your department on your improvements, Mr. Brown" said Clarke. "As I said, Command want us to be underway soon, so any opportunity to get to know your subordinates is valuable. Unless there is something else you'd like to discuss, you're free to go."

Turning back to Cortez, Clarke said, "The same goes to you, Cortez. Keep me informed of the progress of the maintenance and of any major incidents that require my attention. I'll be here if you need me--apparently being kidnapped for several months isn't enough of an excuse to pass off a pile of paperwork. And don't forget your cocoa on your way out."

"Thank you Commander, I will definitely brief my department on these improvements" Replied Brown "No, there is nothing else Commander, thank you" Finished John as he turned and left the ready room and headed for the Bridge.

John looked around at the faces present and from reading the crew roster he knew some of the faces after several moments looking the new Chief tactical officer headed for the back of the Bridge he walked and stopped at the Bridge railing.

"Good morning gentlemen, I am Lieutenant Commander John Brown I transferred over from the U.S.S Discovery" Finished John as he turned he saw Reece "Lieutenant Thomson, nice seeing you back on the Bridge again how goes the battle?" asked Brown

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on February 26, 2012, 04:39:06 PM

Okay, this is DEFINATELY a dream. What in the name of Vulcan is HE doing here? thought Taras as he laid eyes on the crewmember once thought to be gone.

"Reece- I, mean, Lt. Thompson!" he gasped out, resisting the temptation to grab the officer's hand. "Great to see you back! And I mean very great."

With a small laugh to himself, and a half-smile on his young-ish face, he followed up with, "At the risk of stating a stupid question... what are you doing here?"

Reece gave another weak smile. "I'm here to do my job. I am still a member of starfleet. Plus, do you really think I'd miss Captain Clarke's first mission back. The effort we all put into that." He gave a chuckle which ended up turning into a cough. "Nice to see I was missed though."
Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 05:09:35 PM

Masters smiled at the man's joke. It was good having him back, he just didn't know how things would turn out. "So are you the department head again?" Hr asked eagerly already knowing the answer wouldn't be good

Reece kept up the smile, no shame in what was about to said. He had recommended it, and he knew it was the right choice. "No. That responsibility falls to Mr Brown now. I was going to recommend you for the position, but Mr Brown has a higher rank, then politics got in the way. Apparently you aren't allowed to give him orders."

He could see the disapproving look on Masters' face before it even formed. "I trust that man with my life... and my ship. He's a good man and a fine officer. You have my assurance."

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

"Good morning gentlemen, I am Lieutenant Commander John Brown I transferred over from the U.S.S Discovery" Finished John as he turned he saw Reece "Lieutenant Thomson, nice seeing you back on the Bridge again how goes the battle?" asked Brown

Reece stopped leaning and stood up straight as Brown spoke to him. "It's good to be back sir. It's going well sir." He quickly cleared his throat to suppress a cough. "I'm fit for duty sir. Where do you need me?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

John Brown

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 26, 2012, 05:45:41 PM

Reece gave another weak smile. "I'm here to do my job. I am still a member of starfleet. Plus, do you really think I'd miss Captain Clarke's first mission back. The effort we all put into that." He gave a chuckle which ended up turning into a cough. "Nice to see I was missed though."

Reece kept up the smile, no shame in what was about to said. He had recommended it, and he knew it was the right choice. "No. That responsibility falls to Mr Brown now. I was going to recommend you for the position, but Mr Brown has a higher rank, then politics got in the way. Apparently you aren't allowed to give him orders."

He could see the disapproving look on Masters' face before it even formed. "I trust that man with my life... and my ship. He's a good man and a fine officer. You have my assurance."

Reece stopped leaning and stood up straight as Brown spoke to him. "It's good to be back sir. It's going well sir." He quickly cleared his throat to suppress a cough. "I'm fit for duty sir. Where do you need me?"

John Smiled looking at Reece "Well it's good to have you back, I need you here with the Security Department" Finished John as he put his hands behind his back and looked at Masters
"Mr. Masters, I got an assignment for you I want us to decrease our targeting time so what I would like you to do is set the secondary lock to manual. I am aware you been acting Chief of Security for a while now you been doing a good job is there anything I need to know?" Finished John as he moved his right boot then he looked around "What happened to Lieutenant Krol?" Finished Brown

Dustin J. Guidry

After two hours on the holodeck, Dustin finally began to fill lose. He walked over to the wall, he looked around for a clock. Once he found one he saw that it was almost time for him to be on duty. He quickly bolted out of the door to the turbolift, once the doors had opened the flew to his quarters. He quickly took a shower and put on his uniform. As he finished up putting on his suit, he looked over to the pad to see where he would been for his daily shift. Once he found out he walked back into the turbo lift. Once the doors opened he stepped out, he them made his way to the brig.

He walked into the brig, he saw by looking around that the engineering team from the station had already beaten him there. They were fast act work scanning to areas of the brig, but he didn't know at this time as to why.

"Is there something I can help you with?" he asked one of the officers.

One of the officers that were part of the stations team walked up to him.

"Indeed there is crewman."

Dustin looked over to the man, he had seen him some where before but could not put his finger as to where it had been. The officer handed him a pad, while reading it over we at the same time walked over to the control desk. It was specs to upgrade the brigs force field emitters, they were quite more powerful than the current settings they have now.

That's a lot of power out put, Is there something that I should be aware of?" Dustin asked the officer that was in charge.

"Your chief of security will brief your section on what materials, he and the CO see fit. For now we only need you at the controls crewman." Said the officer

Dustin nodded as he waited for them to finish there upgrades.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 26, 2012, 05:45:41 PM

Having nothing to do with commander Brown and everything with Reece snapping to attention, masters followed suit. He had yet to be spoken to, so he would not say anything to his new superior officer, as far as he was concerned they could keep it that way.

Lance Krol

Quote from: TLaina Mandlin on February 26, 2012, 12:55:56 PM

Blinking T'Laina would stop blowing spit bubbles and raise her head from her PADD when she started hearing voices. Looking around she would scan the room with her eyes looking for any signs out of place and slowly uncurl her lean legs from the stool and place the PADD on the desk. Shakeing her head a bit her hair would fly everywhere leaving it in a tangled mess but she didn't mind. Letting out a small breath T'Laina would take out some medical tools and place them on the desk, lining them all up in a neat little row and then tapping her combadge she would slowly speak

"=^=Mandlin to Bridge. I will alert you when Lt. Krol is present and if he doesn't show up in the next hour as well.  Mandlin out.=^=

Giggling slight T'Laina slowly sunk into her chair letting her thoughts run wild about what was going on with Lt. Krol she always missed the good parts being cooped up here down in the sick bay but she knew she would soon find out what was going on and how bad it was. Slapping her hands together T'Laina looked at her PADD clock and slowly started to count backwards.

Lance quietly stepped into the medbay and quick-marched to the crewman sitting at the desk. "Excuse me, I'm here for a medical check-up. I suffered an emotional breakdown on the bridge and am not to report for duty until I check out okay for any kind of physical problem," he stated, simply. He trusted the crewman to know what she was doing.

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 06:23:01 PM

Having nothing to do with commander Brown and everything with Reece snapping to attention, masters followed suit. He had yet to be spoken to, so he would not say anything to his new superior officer, as far as he was concerned they could keep it that way.

"Mr. Masters, keep me informed on your work I need it done before launch" Finished John heading for the troubolift but then stopped and turned and looked at Reece for a long moment "Mr. Thomson, I want you to review the entire Security department, I want to know what holes are in training and give me a review when I return.I am going to find our Mr.Krol to increase power to the weapons array "Finished Lieutenant Commander Brown as he headed towards the lift to find Lieutenant Krol

Kale Bridges

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 07:18:09 PM

"Mr. Masters, keep me informed on your work I need it done before launch" Finished John heading for the troubolift but then stopped and turned and looked at Reece for a long moment "Mr. Thomson, I want you to review the entire Security department, I want to know what holes are in training and give me a review when I return.I am going to find our Mr.Krol to increase power to the weapons array "Finished Lieutenant Commander Brown as he headed towards the lift to find Lieutenant Krol.

Reece felt a little disappointment at being given such a task. However, he wasn't surprised. His first day back and he still looked as pale as a character from an ancient Stephenie Meyer book. Unfortunately, his feelings probably showed through as he wasn't Vulcan enough to control. Heck, he wasn't even remotely Vulcan.

"Yes sir. That'll require me interviewing all the security staff. Yourself included." He stated, already fully aware that he knew. Luckily, he still remembered the important protocols. The ones he couldn't access with his new level of security.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

John Brown

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 26, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Reece felt a little disappointment at being given such a task. However, he wasn't surprised. His first day back and he still looked as pale as a character from an ancient Stephenie Meyer book. Unfortunately, his feelings probably showed through as he wasn't Vulcan enough to control. Heck, he wasn't even remotely Vulcan.

"Yes sir. That'll require me interviewing all the security staff. Yourself included." He stated, already fully aware that he knew. Luckily, he still remembered the important protocols. The ones he couldn't access with his new level of security.

"Yes, that is correct I want you to do that then I want you to find me as were going to work on a project for the weapons array we got a day to get the ship prepared" Finished John as he walked to the troubolift as the doors opened he turned "Oh and Mr. Thomson Welcome aboard" Finished the Chief Tactical Officer as he entered the lift.

"Sickbay" Said Lieutenant Commander Brown into the computer he wanted to give Masters and Thomson space to get comfortable as John knew the change with him coming to the Churchill will turn heads and cause people not to like him.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Reece Thompson on February 26, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

"Wow sir, we go from the top to the bottom really quick on this ship" Masters said with a bit of a bitter grin. He didn't care if Reece had confidence in the man, this was royally pissing him off. He was glad that for his task he had already done a whole lot of it. He decided though that with some of the stuff that went on, a new face might be able to do something about it, and with his fists balled so tight he could feel his nails cutting his palms, he swallowed his pride and marched to the turbolift. "A word sir?'

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

"Wow sir, we go from the top to the bottom really quick on this ship" Masters said with a bit of a bitter grin. He didn't care if Reece had confidence in the man, this was royally pissing him off. He was glad that for his task he had already done a whole lot of it. He decided though that with some of the stuff that went on, a new face might be able to do something about it, and with his fists balled so tight he could feel his nails cutting his palms, he swallowed his pride and marched to the turbolift. "A word sir?'

Lieutenant Commander John Brown looked at the Young Lieutenant Rushed into the troubolift as John felt the lift move down to sickbay

"Yes, Mr. Masters my door is always open what seems to be the problem?" asked John putting his hands behind his back

ThomasRiker

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 08:24:53 PM

Lieutenant Commander John Brown looked at the Young Lieutenant Rushed into the troubolift as John felt the lift move down to sickbay

"Yes, Mr. Masters my door is always open what seems to be the problem?" asked John putting his hands behind his back

Masters took a moment to swallow and get his words right. "Sir, if you are concerned about breaches, I may have knowledge of one, but was told to refocus my efforts. There was sabotage on the ship. Some of the bio gel packs were infected, and it was determined that an aide of an ambassador was responsible. He might have been part of it, but sir, it was too organized. They transported onto the ship, He asked. Then stood there for a moment and watched his superior officer's reaction.

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 26, 2012, 08:38:34 PM

Masters took a moment to swallow and get his words right. "Sir, if you are concerned about breaches, I may have knowledge of one, but was told to refocus my efforts. There was sabotage on the ship. Some of the bio gel packs were infected, and it was determined that an aide of an ambassador was responsible. He might have been part of it, but sir, it was too organized. They transported onto the ship, He asked. Then stood there for a moment and watched his superior officer's reaction.

Brown heard every word that was told to him in his time in Starfleet his has had the experience of many events he was the Chief of Security of the U.S.S Discovery for last five years. John then crossed his arms and thought for several moments before speaking.

"Mr. Masters did you complete any investigation in this as of yet?" finished Brown

"Computer Hold lift" Finished John

ThomasRiker

Quote from: John Brown on February 26, 2012, 08:44:22 PM

Brown heard every word that was told to him in his time in Starfleet his has had the experience of many events he was the Chief of Security of the U.S.S Discovery for last five years. John then crossed his arms and thought for several moments before speaking.

"Mr. Masters did you complete any investigation in this as of yet?" finished Brown

"Computer Hold lift" Finished John

"I'm essentially under orders to leave it alone. I told myself I would look into it, but I have not had the opportunity." He told Commander Brown. This was the part that Brown would do something about it, give him new orders or take his own action, or, it would be like one of those holonovels where he would end up dead. That thought almost made him chuckle. Then he remembered who he was talking to.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.