Season 1, Mission 06: Lifeline

Started by Alexander Clarke, February 22, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin J. Guidry

Guidry watched jones as she exited the room, he knew it had been quite a while since he had gotten a good nights sleep. But he also knew that he still had  a few hours of energy left inside of him. But one thing that he knew his body needed was some food, it had been almost two days he had gone without any. He decided that it was time for some food, then a shower, and maybe rest. He gave a nodded to the chief before he headed out. He walked into ten forward, it wasn't to badly damaged, ad least the replicator was online. He went over and called for his favorite.

Steak, rare, with a side a fries.Also a glass of that fake beer you have, whatever its called now a days."

Once the computer put out what he ordered he went and took him self a seat by the window. Once he was done consuming his meal, he got a bit relaxed in his chair. He decided that it was time for a better drink, he walked over to the bar and gave the barkeep a wink.

"I will take a bottle of the good stuff." He told her.

She then reached under the table, and pulled out one of the bottles of romulan ale that he had found earlier that same mission. He grabbed two empty glass from the shelf, and then returned to his seat by the window. He poured him a half of a glass, then began to sit back while he sipped on it. His mind thinking back of planets far away, and of days that have long since passed, both of which are now only memories.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Dustin J. Guidry on March 16, 2012, 01:10:52 AM

Guidry watched jones as she exited the room, he knew it had been quite a while since he had gotten a good nights sleep. But he also knew that he still had  a few hours of energy left inside of him. But one thing that he knew his body needed was some food, it had been almost two days he had gone without any. He decided that it was time for some food, then a shower, and maybe rest. He gave a nodded to the chief before he headed out. He walked into ten forward, it wasn't to badly damaged, ad least the replicator was online. He went over and called for his favorite.

Steak, rare, with a side a fries.Also a glass of that fake beer you have, whatever its called now a days."

Once the computer put out what he ordered he went and took him self a seat by the window. Once he was done consuming his meal, he got a bit relaxed in his chair. He decided that it was time for a better drink, he walked over to the bar and gave the barkeep a wink.

"I will take a bottle of the good stuff." He told her.

She then reached under the table, and pulled out one of the bottles of romulan ale that he had found earlier that same mission. He grabbed two empty glass from the shelf, and then returned to his seat by the window. He poured him a half of a glass, then began to sit back while he sipped on it. His mind thinking back of planets far away, and of days that have long since passed, both of which are now only memories.

However deep her sleep was, it was excruciatingly brief. T'Ra opened her eyes and checked the time, calculating that she had been sleeping for a mere ten minutes. Although T'Ra was exhausted, her muscles were still tense and her brain was still racing a million miles a minute. It was then that her stomach growled fiercely, reminding her that she had last eaten right before all the commotion had started, which had been awhile ago. Sitting up in her bed, she smoothed out the wrinkles in her uniform but then decided to quickly change before walking out the door.

T'Ra arrived at ten forward within a matter of minutes. The bustling atmosphere was somewhat soothing after the recent chaos on the ship. All the noise contrasted the empty silence that she had endured for a majority of the maddening events. After quickly scanning the room, T'Ra located crewman Guidry sitting in a chair by the window. He was sitting alone, so she made her way to where he sat.

From the looks of things, T'Ra wasn't the only one having trouble sleeping. Sitting casually in his chair, Guidry was drinking a glass of what T'Ra assumed was ale as he stared off into the distance. From the smudges on his uniform, she determined that he had proceeded straight to ten forward and hadn't had the time to change. That was no matter though, for they were all exhausted.

T'Ra slid into a chair next to him. She glanced again at the ale and with a nod from the crewman, she took the empty glass on the table and carefully poured herself some of the ale. Her stomach grumbled again. Liquids, she remembered, could just as easily fill an empty stomach as food could. Sipping her drink slowly, T'Ra finally began to unwind and her muscles began to relax. Not a single word was exchanged between the two of them, but at the moment no communication was necessary. She then looked out the window, looking at the countless number of stars.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Reece Thompson on March 15, 2012, 08:18:11 PM

Seconds later, the music began and the tea formed on the replicator. He grabbed his tea and took several sips before placing it on the table. His mind began to drift back to the station. Colman had the perfect record. He could've done so much.
His first mission back, and he had gotten an excellent officer killed. He wiped a tear form his eye, and started on the letter he would send to Colmans family, about his death, and the circumstances.

Reece had no idea what to write for the letter, so he wrote whatever came into his head. After what seemed like forever, he finally came to a finishing point, and read it back to himself.

Mrs Colman & Family

I extend my most profound condolence to you on the loss of your son, Crewman
Second Class Joshua Colman, who died 310795.0, as a result of wounds received
in action against the enemy.

News of his death comes as a great shock to all who knew him, and his loss will be
felt keenly in this organisation. I sincerely hope the knowledge that Joshua was an
exemplary officer and died while serving Starfleet will comfort you in this hour of
great sorrow.

Personally, and for the officers and men of this ship, please accept our deepest
sympathy.

Sincerely yours,
Lieutenant Reece Thompson
He sighed and sent the letter of to Starfleet. They would ensure it got to the right people.

Afterwards, he reopened the report and sent a copy to Commander Clarke, with a CC to Lieutenant Commander Brown.

He figured he wouldn't be needed for a while, so he finished his tea and went to lay down on his couch. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift off.

"Computer. Dim Lights. Lower volume on music to level 1."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

John Brown

Quote from: Reece Thompson on March 16, 2012, 04:18:02 AM

Reece had no idea what to write for the letter, so he wrote whatever came into his head. After what seemed like forever, he finally came to a finishing point, and read it back to himself.

He sighed and sent the letter of to Starfleet. They would ensure it got to the right people.

Afterwards, he reopened the report and sent a copy to Commander Clarke, with a CC to Lieutenant Commander Brown.

He figured he wouldn't be needed for a while, so he finished his tea and went to lay down on his couch. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift off.

"Computer. Dim Lights. Lower volume on music to level 1."

John sat at the tactical station as to him getting loss in his work is the one thing that he has learned would keep his mind off things. Little over three weeks ago he was informed that the U.S.S Banting failed to check in and Starfleet would not look for the vessel. In his thoughts something didn't feel right something not at all.

"Computer is the long range transiver operational" Finished John turning to the aft secuitey station

Computer" Affirmative

"Computer open a Secure transmission with Omega Security to U.S.S Harbor Grace Lieutenant Commander Richard Ransom" ordered Brown

==^==
"John?......What the hell is going on contacting me on a secure channel "Replied Richard Ransom
"Its Steven, he's missing his ship failed to check in three weeks ago" Finished Brown
"I know, I am aware of the current situation and the Churchills mission I am kept apprised" Stated Richard Ransom
"What do you mean you are aware?, were are you?"asked Brown
"Closer than you would think, but I can't keep this channel open for long we would be detected but know this, Starfleet knows more about the Banting it's been classified for reasons I can't say. But if you get to earth soon I still have contacts at Starfleet command this is part of a larger T'Vek long thought dead escaped and is dealing with the Bishop......*as the transmission garbled Brown makes out the works in the back ground leave before the Churchill spots us*
==^==

Computer: Transmission Lost

"Interesting" Finished John

Inzjana

Once they had gotten to the astrometrics lab, Inzjana assisted T'Ra in clearing the debris and once finished noticed the reaction of T'Ra when seeing Guidry still there and fine. Interesting she thought, 'love is in the air' I believe the human expression is and why not, after all they were young, well younger than Inzjana who was 39 in Vulcan years. But then 39 for a Vulcan was akin to being approximately 19 in humans years, making Inzjana young herself, being only 9 years out of the Vulcan Science Academy and 7 years out of Starfleet Academy and Starfleet Intelligence Academy.

Inzjana watched quietly as they both left, looked around the lab and left for her quarters herself, after all she was indeed hungry and tired. Once in her quarters she noticed that the power was still on, so she undressed, recycled her uniform and made her way to the en suite and enjoyed an extended and most welcome session in the sonic shower.

Dressing in civilian clothing, Inzjana ordered a bowl of Creamy Bacon Carbonara, one of her favourite dishes and a nice tall cool glass of Coke-Cola and sat down on her couch eating from the coffee table. Of course Vulcans were vegetarians, but many did still eat meat when it was replicated, which was actually an altered form of vegetable proteins anyway and the cheesy taste of the carbonara sauce appealed to her.

After finishing her meal and doing to the dishes what she had previously done to her clothes, Inzjana washed her hands and returned back to the couch with her personal PADD in hand. Well technically Inzjana had two PADD's, one from Starfleet Intelligence, which was your standard PADD but black in colour with the base logo she was assigned to, the other was a Vulcan PADD which was made completely of graphenes. Usually kept around her wrist folded in a way that it sat rather like a watch would, which was pretty much what she used it for in this mode, she sat back with the graphene PADD folded out to its full length, about the size of a standard Federation PADD.

Granphene PADD's were a clever design and made completely of unravelled carbon nano-tubes. Consisting of 2.5 million of these 'sheets' the graphene PADD was still nearly as thin as your typical piece of paper, but as strong as diamonds. The electronics was in the layout of carbon nano-tubes and used the naturally occuring free electrons for software generation and power supply. Economical and evironmentally friendly to the last, graphenes were also organic photovoltaic cells that used any light source and converted it to electrons, so no need for batteries or recharging from an external power source.

Inzjana sat there for a while staring at the blue coloured 3D isomorphic screen, remembering what had taken place over the last couple of days while finishing her glass of Coke. It was when she had gotten to the events where the pirates were leaving the ship and the computer telling everyone that the self destruct had been set, which out of all that had happened was the most perplexing to her. Wormholes were easy, stupidity was hard.

Inzjana understood why the commanding officer set the self destruct, that was not the confusing part, it was the fact that it is usually Starfleet protocol that three line officers be required to bring about a vessels demise, so when did that change? Inzjana thought. But even more complexing than that, for any self destruct to work, the warp core had to be online, which it wasn't. But even that was understandable, for the computer may have been damaged and therefore had no real idea whether the warp core was online or not; it was the pirates that confused her the most, were they really that stupid?

'Six impossible things before breakfast' Inzjana mused, remembering the book Alice's adventures in wonderland by Louis Carol Andre had lent her once. But whatever the cause, the effect was what is important in this regard, for now they were safe, dead in the water, but safe.

Inzjana finished her drink, wrote up her report for the commander, making sure to include the commendations for ensign T'Ra and crewman Guidry, making sure to include the request for promotion for Dustin from crewman to ensign, after all, he deserved it. They all did, didn't they?

Inzjana pressed to send button on her PADD, folded it back up in to a strap and placed it on her wrist, looking to make sure there were no messages and checking the current time; she went to bed to sleep, knowing that during repairs, science officers were the least required anyway, so satisfied that she wasn't letting anyone down, which she wasn't, Inzjana slept and dreamed of places far away and never seen.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Dustin J. Guidry

Dustin was sitting down in his chair lost in his own thoughts, his mind was still replaying the actions that had happened that day. He couldn't help but think if there were something that could have been done differently, that might have stopped the pirates from getting away. He did know that they lost add least one crew member. It was then that he had noticed jones, as she entered the lounge. She had most likely went to her quaters for a shower and a change of clothing, before she had headed to the lounge. She still looked quite stunning in the new suite she had on to him as well, while looking down at his own uniform.

"Pirates be damned." he said looking at the damage to his suit from the recent pirate battel.

He nooded his head to her, pointing to the glass that was waiting on the table. He was going to tell her it was romulan ale but then figured, romulan's and vulcan's were close in species she probably would like the ale. Not to mention the fact that all humans he knew enjoyed the side effects, she would like the ale just fine.

"Did you not say you were off to bed Mrs.Jones?" he asked play fully.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

TLaina Mandlin

Quote from: TLaina Mandlin on March 15, 2012, 09:52:30 PM

Skipping into sickbay T'Laina would smile at the few medical officers that where trying to clean the mess up . Humming to herself T'Laina would start picking up supplies off the floor and start to put them away. She knew she had some reports to write but once the sickbay was clean again she would get right to it. After a few minutes of wiping down tables and re-stack shelves T'Laina would look around and keep smiling ignoring the glances from the other crew who slipped out the door off to the their quarters to get some rest for it was a long hard day for all of them. Breathing slowly due to the fact her ribs where still a bit bruised T'Laina would take a seat on a stool and tap into her PADD ready to write the reports that needed to be done. Sighing T'Laina would look up and shake her head thinking about what she did and wishing to know how he felt about her too, of course they hardly known each other but just looking at him she felt something there and she wasn't sure what it was. Humming softly T'Laina tried to concentrate on the reports at hand but her mind kept drifting back to the quick kiss she shared with Reece and wishing she had did more then just run away.

Sighing T'Laina would place her PADD down and stretch slowly ignoring her pain after a few hours of work she was ready to turn in. Blowing spit bubbles she shock her thoughts away and let out a yawn. Brushing her hair out of her eyes she would look around and smile. Standing up she would breath slowly and head to her quarters ready to call it a night.

Slipping into her room T'Laina would flop on the couch and breathed into the pillow she fell on rolling over she would hum to herself softly and stare at the ceiling going over the reports that she just finished. To many injures and to many people she thought to herself but she wouldn't trade it for anything she love medical and helping people no matter the cost.

Giggling to herself T'Laina would rise slowly and make her way to her bed. Slipping out of her uniform she would check her bandage and crawl into her bed and let out another sigh when her body touched the cool bed. Smiling she would roll onto her side thinking about all that happened that day from the mission she was part of, to the work she did and to the random kiss she shared with a random crew member. Drifting off to sleep she was glad to be part of a amazing ship.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Dustin J. Guidry on March 16, 2012, 01:31:19 PM

Dustin was sitting down in his chair lost in his own thoughts, his mind was still replaying the actions that had happened that day. He couldn't help but think if there were something that could have been done differently, that might have stopped the pirates from getting away. He did know that they lost add least one crew member. It was then that he had noticed Jones, as she entered the lounge. She had most likely went to her quarters for a shower and a change of clothing, before she had headed to the lounge. She still looked quite stunning in the new suite she had on to him as well, while looking down at his own uniform.

"Pirates be damned." he said looking at the damage to his suit from the recent pirate battle.

He nodded his head to her, pointing to the glass that was waiting on the table. He was going to tell her it was romulan ale but then figured, Romulans and Vulcans were close in species she probably would like the ale. Not to mention the fact that all humans he knew enjoyed the side effects, she would like the ale just fine.

"Did you not say you were off to bed Mrs.Jones?" he asked playfully.

Staring out the window, T'Ra mulled over her thoughts. She had noticed Guidry glance in her direction when she was walking over to his table and how he had then taken a look at his own uniform. His following remark was amusing just for the sake of it being ironic. The crewman probably hadn't meant to say it loud enough for her to hear, but then again, he probably forgot how good a Vulcan's hearing was. T'Ra found it somewhat odd that someone drinking alone would have an extra empty glass. Had he been expecting her? Nevertheless, she had been glad to accept the drink.

Guidry's next question, though unexpected, was just as amusing as the previous remark. "Indeed I did say that I was off to bed," she replied casually, "but I found it difficult to sleep after everything that has happened in the past couple days. I guess you could say I felt really tense."  After drinking about half a glass of the ale, she felt so much more relaxed. "I had gone to my quarters, but when I could not fall asleep, I changed and came here." She paused to take another sip of ale. "This ale is quite good, Romulan if I'm not mistaken. I think maybe after a couple more glasses, I'll be able to fall asleep." With that said, T'Ra poured herself another glass and then returned to staring out the window, letting her thoughts wander at last.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Dustin J. Guidry

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on March 16, 2012, 03:46:20 PM

Staring out the window, T'Ra mulled over her thoughts. She had noticed Guidry glance in her direction when she was walking over to his table and how he had then taken a look at his own uniform. His following remark was amusing just for the sake of it being ironic. The crewman probably hadn't meant to say it loud enough for her to hear, but then again, he probably forgot how good a Vulcan's hearing was. T'Ra found it somewhat odd that someone drinking alone would have an extra empty glass. Had he been expecting her? Nevertheless, she had been glad to accept the drink.

Guidry's next question, though unexpected, was just as amusing as the previous remark. "Indeed I did say that I was off to bed," she replied casually, "but I found it difficult to sleep after everything that has happened in the past couple days. I guess you could say I felt really tense."  After drinking about half a glass of the ale, she felt so much more relaxed. "I had gone to my quarters, but when I could not fall asleep, I changed and came here." She paused to take another sip of ale. "This ale is quite good, Romulan if I'm not mistaken. I think maybe after a couple more glasses, I'll be able to fall asleep." With that said, T'Ra poured herself another glass and then returned to staring out the window, letting her thoughts wander at last.

Guidry was in his seat when the effect of the ale slowly begin to kick in, his thought were much more relaxed. He was sitting in his chair, but his mind was light years away. This was when one of the young bar keeps walked over to him.

"Excuse me crewman Guidry, I have a data PADD for you."came from the you barkeep

"Thank you ma'am." guidry said to her.

He looked over the data PADD, it was the programs he had been waiting days for, along with a message from his old team mates. He noticed that the message and video were incoded, he poured him self one last glass.

"Have a good night ensign Jones, Duty begin in 3 hours."

With that being said dustin exited the lounge, and went to his crewman quarters.His bunk mate had died for the accident that took place on the station, so he knew that he would be alone for now. Once he got into the room he got out of his uniform, and got a new one along with a brand new shiny comb badge ready for the next shift. He jumped in and grabbed a sonic shower, then on his way out grabbed a pair of shorts. He seat down on his bed looking over the data PADD once more. After a few minutes of looking threw his mind to see which key he had to use to un-code the message he began to read about just what was going on away from the ship, must of it was the usual highly top secret mission data that the team was now doing with out him. He stored the PADD in a lock box he had hidden in his room, along with all the other transmission's that they had asked him to keep just in-case. He finished off his glass of ale, then went lay down in his bed.

"Computer lights off, set alarm for 3 hours to wake up call."was the last thing he said before slipping off into a deep deep night mare sleep.

Alexander Clarke

When it was clear that the pirates were gone, Clarke ordered a distress signal be broadcast on all channels before heading to his ready room. Fortunately there wasn't anything there that could smash, so there wasn't much of a mess to clean up. After picking up and putting away a few PADDs, Clarke went over to his desk and sat down to rest, if only for a moment. He didn't even want to imagine what kinds of reports he'll be filing over the next couple of days or what he'll say to Starfleet Command when they ask how an Intrepid-class ship was nearly destroyed just a handful of light years from Earth. At the very least, Clarke hoped that his crew would be able to salvage the pirates' virus and send it to Intelligence for examination.

Clarke's computer monitor beeped suddenly, startling him out of his pensiveness. After tapping a couple of keys, his sister Amanda appeared on screen, her face sending signals of concern and disbelief.

"Alex? Is it really you? I was returning to Andoria when my transport picked up the Churchill's distress signal. How did you end up in my backyard without me knowing about it? In fact, why didn't you tell me you were going to be here? And what on earth happened to your ship?"

"Amanda!" Clarke said, smiling at her. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Amanda let out an exasperated sigh. "Alex, we haven't spoken since your first deployment with the marines. Don't act like it's been yesterday. My transport is en route to your location right now and I've requested all available non-essential ships in the system to lend their assistance, though considering the traffic jams, that might be a while."

"Using your diplomatic powers for your own brother? Isn't that a little abusive? And how did you even know that this was my ship?"

"Sam let me know that you were the captain of the ship months ago, but then you were away on leave for an obscene amount of time and I couldn't get in touch--"

"Away on leave?" Clarke said, frowning. "Who told you that?"

"Starfleet Command. They also said that you specifically said to not tell your own family where you were--which I find offensive, by the way--and they never informed me that you returned to service when I specifically asked them to. Apparently being the Federation's ambassador to Andoria isn't worth as much as I had though."

"That's not what happened and the full story is rather long and I don't even have all the pieces. You might as well continue to Andoria since there isn't anything you can do--" Clarke was struck with an idea mid-sentence. "Actually, scratch that. I have a very sensitive package that may have caused the Churchill to be subject to several suspicious scans some time ago. Do you think you can take it with you to Andoria and hold onto it?"

"Reunited with your sister for all of five minutes and already asking for favors?" Amanda said, raising her eyebrows in amusement. "Since I've already 'abused my powers' a little today, I supposed stretching them a little more doesn't matter much. I trust that it isn't anything dangerous?"

"To be honest, I don't know. It was picked up from the pirates and was headed for Starfleet Intelligence, but we were unable to ascertain the intended recipient. I believe it is important to someone, but I'm afraid that Intelligence may not be as uncorruptible as I once believed."

"That's rather odd. I'll try to look into the matter when I can and as subtly as I can. And I'll take that package off your hands as well, but I want you to promise to speak with Dan and Sam when you get the chance. They've missed you--we all have--and I think it's been long enough."

"I promise."

"Promise what?"

Clarke gave Amanda an incredulous look. "You can't be serious." A pointed look from Amanda said otherwise. "Fine, I promise to talk to Dan and Sam as soon as I can."

"That wasn't so bad, was it? Don't answer that. My transport will reach your ship in a few minutes. Beam over your little package when I'm in range and I'll take care of it."

"Thank you."

"Remember to keep your promise." Amanda gave Clarke a small smile before signing off.

Captain's Log, Supplemental

We've managed to restore basic power and propulsion and are now en route to the nearest starbase for repairs and debriefing. Though I'm not looking forward to explaining the ship's condition, the threat that these pirates pose to the safety of the Federation--and by extension the entire quadrant--is extremely serious. This wormhole and virus technology is especially troubling, and I will be forwarding all available information to Starfleet Engineering and Intelligence for further analysis. It remains to be seen what the pirates' ultimate goal is and who is leading them. I can only hope that we stop them before they endanger more lives.

MISSION END: March 16, 2012

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.