Season 7, Mission 08: Command Decisions

Started by Scott Bradley, October 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 08:31:16 PM

"Never been better in my life." Another lie. She wanted to tell the truth, but at the same time she would much rather keep her job for as long as she could before being found out.

Scott decided not to press the matter further.

" Alright. But if you ever need to talk? "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 30, 2011, 08:44:03 PM

Scott decided not to press the matter further.

" Alright. But if you ever need to talk? "

Alyssa smiled. "Then I will come to you." she said. "That is, if you are not busy with your own personal matters."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 08:46:19 PM

Alyssa smiled. "Then I will come to you." she said. "That is, if you are not busy with your own personal matters."

Scott raised an eyebrow at the last comment.

" Personal matters, I guess I can assume that the rumour mill is still in full flow on the ship? "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 31, 2011, 03:06:43 PM

Scott raised an eyebrow at the last comment.

" Personal matters, I guess I can assume that the rumour mill is still in full flow on the ship? "

"I spend at least fifteen hours a day in sickbay and only a few people come see me." Alyssa said. "But no matter. I meant that you have your own personal life to attend to and that you deserve a break every now and then."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 31, 2011, 03:34:38 PM

"I spend at least fifteen hours a day in sickbay and only a few people come see me." Alyssa said. "But no matter. I meant that you have your own personal life to attend to and that you deserve a break every now and then."

Scott let out a laugh.

" Fifteen hours? I might have to order you to take some time off Doc.  As for me, running a ship doesn't afford me the luxury of much time off. Unfortunately fleet politics requires all of my attention. Even off duty."

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 31, 2011, 09:59:45 PM

Scott let out a laugh.

" Fifteen hours? I might have to order you to take some time off Doc.  As for me, running a ship doesn't afford me the luxury of much time off. Unfortunately fleet politics requires all of my attention. Even off duty."

Alyssa frowned. "All the more power to you sir." she said, raising her fork similar to someone would give a toast. She looked down at her bowl and found that it was empty. "Is there anything else that you would like to discuss, or shall I let you go?"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 01, 2011, 12:23:47 PM

Alyssa frowned. "All the more power to you sir." she said, raising her fork similar to someone would give a toast. She looked down at her bowl and found that it was empty. "Is there anything else that you would like to discuss, or shall I let you go?"

Scott finished his coffee with a final gulp. He looked back across the table at the doctor.

" No, nothing else. I'm due on the bridge. Good day Doc. "

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on October 29, 2011, 09:54:57 PM

"Not much." Shelaf replied "Mostly work." He smiled ruefully.

" Sounds fun. "

Lee chuckled. He had a couple of days off coming soon. He was looking forward to a little down time. He was finishing his report on the latest sensor sweeps when his console came to life.

" I'm picking up several warp signatures closing on us. Readings indicate there Starfleet. I wonder if the Commander is expecting them? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on November 01, 2011, 06:38:40 PM

" Sounds fun. "

Lee chuckled. He had a couple of days off coming soon. He was looking forward to a little down time. He was finishing his report on the latest sensor sweeps when his console came to life.

" I'm picking up several warp signatures closing on us. Readings indicate there Starfleet. I wonder if the Commander is expecting them? "

"Don't think so." Replied Shelaf. "He didn't tell me. Best contact him." He said to lee, tapping his commbadge. =/\=Captain to the bridge.=/\=

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 01, 2011, 07:15:13 PM

"Don't think so." Replied Shelaf. "He didn't tell me. Best contact him." He said to lee, tapping his commbadge. =/\=Captain to the bridge.=/\=

Scott was already on his way to the bridge. He stepped out of the turbolift and looked towards the Chief.

" Chief, whats the sitrep? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 02, 2011, 04:56:16 AM

Scott was already on his way to the bridge. He stepped out of the turbolift and looked towards the Chief.

" Chief, whats the sitrep? "

Shelaf glanced up at Scott, before pointing to the display.

"Federation warp signitures. Incoming." He replied.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 01, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

Scott finished his coffee with a final gulp. He looked back across the table at the doctor.

" No, nothing else. I'm due on the bridge. Good day Doc. "

Alyssa nodded as the Commander left. Quickly disposing of her bowl she noticed the crewmember that the Commander had stopped talking to in order to talk to her. Feeling a little guilty, Alyssa walked up to him awkwardly.

"Hello." she said with a smile as she tried to flag his attention. "How are you today?" She generally wasn't this nice when it came to strangers, but she was trying to re-reform herself.

Seth Sinclaire

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 02, 2011, 09:44:06 PM

Alyssa nodded as the Commander left. Quickly disposing of her bowl she noticed the crewmember that the Commander had stopped talking to in order to talk to her. Feeling a little guilty, Alyssa walked up to him awkwardly.

"Hello." she said with a smile as she tried to flag his attention. "How are you today?" She generally wasn't this nice when it came to strangers, but she was trying to re-reform herself.

Seth was just finishing up his breakfast when Alyssa approached and he raised his head to face her. Still feeling a little drowsy, but clear headed now he had some food in him, Seth smiled back and replied in a friendly manner unusual to him.

"Not the best i've ever been, but i'll live thanks. And you ma'am?"

He often felt awkward socially with people he hadn't had any informal conversation with, but Alyssa's direct approach and the easy chat with the commander earlier seemed to have opened him up a little.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 02, 2011, 12:54:03 PM

Shelaf glanced up at Scott, before pointing to the display.

"Federation warp signitures. Incoming." He replied.

Scott folded his arms. They weren't expecting any federation company this far out.

" Chief, open hailing freque- "

Before the chief could comply a figure appeared on the screen before them. Closer examination showed the man to be a older human male, with a admirals uniform.

Discovery, this is Admiral Black. Come to an immediate stop and prepare to be boarded.

Scott stood, bemused.

" Am I missing something Admiral? "

Full stop Commander. That's an order.

The screen cut to the formation of ships. Two Galaxy class ships, two Defiant class and an Excelsior class. They took up formation around the Discovery.

" Helm, take us to a full stop. "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Seth Sinclaire on November 03, 2011, 03:56:29 PM

Seth was just finishing up his breakfast when Alyssa approached and he raised his head to face her. Still feeling a little drowsy, but clear headed now he had some food in him, Seth smiled back and replied in a friendly manner unusual to him.

"Not the best i've ever been, but i'll live thanks. And you ma'am?"

He often felt awkward socially with people he hadn't had any informal conversation with, but Alyssa's direct approach and the easy chat with the commander earlier seemed to have opened him up a little.

"It would have been better if this morning never happened." Alyssa admitted. She slightly shook at the thought of the being for a second but then shook her head to be rid of the thought. "I feel that I haven't truly talked to you before and your name escapes me. May I ask what it is?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.