Season 7, Mission 08: Command Decisions

Started by Scott Bradley, October 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth Sinclaire

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 29, 2011, 02:08:42 PM

" Can't complain. After recent events I'm just glad we have some relatively quite days ahead. How have things been with the enlisted crew, after the abductions? "

Scott smiled, he had gotten to know Sinclaire better than most of the enlisted crew. He was cool under fire and reliable. Someone Scott could depend on.

"They've been doing well! One or two cases where the events seem to have shocked the newer ensigns, but with the counsellor's help they're doing ok. I try to keep in touch with the one's who seem particularly shaken in my department. I think it's just the shock of them being plucked from somewhere they felt so secure with so little warning it-....well, it's a heck of a thing to worry about."

Seth managed a slightly nervous chuckle as he finished, taking another sip of the coffee. It seemed to be tasting slightly sweeter. He appreciated the Commander's closeness to his crew, he wasn't one to see nothing but ranks and numbers beyond his bridge crew. The mess hall wasn't far ahead of them now and silently Seth pondered as to whether any of those few crewman he had spoken about would be inside.

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on October 29, 2011, 03:23:06 PM

" A few days away from the old ball and chain? Nice. Got anything planned? "

"Not much." Shelaf replied "Mostly work." He smiled ruefully.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Seth Sinclaire on October 29, 2011, 05:59:20 PM

"They've been doing well! One or two cases where the events seem to have shocked the newer ensigns, but with the counsellor's help they're doing ok. I try to keep in touch with the one's who seem particularly shaken in my department. I think it's just the shock of them being plucked from somewhere they felt so secure with so little warning it-....well, it's a heck of a thing to worry about."

Seth managed a slightly nervous chuckle as he finished, taking another sip of the coffee. It seemed to be tasting slightly sweeter. He appreciated the Commander's closeness to his crew, he wasn't one to see nothing but ranks and numbers beyond his bridge crew. The mess hall wasn't far ahead of them now and silently Seth pondered as to whether any of those few crewman he had spoken about would be inside.

" Good. There's no way to know how you'll react to that sort of trauma, until you experience it. If you have any concerns over any of the crew, then let us know.  Hopefully now we can put it behind us and move forward. "

Scott and Seth entered the messhall. The others present greeted Scott with the appropriate protocol. He made his way to the fresh coffee pot, and poured himself a full cup. Adding some sugar and milk, he mixed the contents, and tested it with a sip. Perfection.

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa entered the mess hall and immediately headed for the replicator. "Baked Ziti." she said to the replicator and watched as the stream of light brought the food into existence. She savored the aroma it was giving off and sat at a table in the distant corner. Along the way she made a small mental note of everyone in the room and the last time she had seen them in Sickbay for their check ups. She walked past the Commander and Crewman Sinclare, giving a small nod to both of them, before finally taking a seat and beginning eating out the fear that she had experienced just a few minutes early.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 04:05:02 PM

Alyssa entered the mess hall and immediately headed for the replicator. "Baked Ziti." she said to the replicator and watched as the stream of light brought the food into existence. She savored the aroma it was giving off and sat at a table in the distant corner. Along the way she made a small mental note of everyone in the room and the last time she had seen them in Sickbay for their check ups. She walked past the Commander and Crewman Sinclare, giving a small nod to both of them, before finally taking a seat and beginning eating out the fear that she had experienced just a few minutes early.

Scott returned the nod given by the Doctor. He turned to Sinclare.

" If you'll excuse me crewman. "

With that he took his drink and walked over to where the doctor had sat herself.

" Morning Doc, mind if i have a few minutes? "

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa looked up at the Commander and dropped her fork. "Of course sir." She said. "Pull up a seat."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 06:32:47 PM

Alyssa looked up at the Commander and dropped her fork. "Of course sir." She said. "Pull up a seat."

Scott sat opposite the Doctor. He took another sip of his drink. He noticed her picking at her food, like her mind was somewhere else.

" I know we haven't had a chance to go over what happened to the crew at the nebula. Have you been noticing anything with the crew? injuries, psychological trauma? "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 30, 2011, 06:47:59 PM

Scott sat opposite the Doctor. He took another sip of his drink. He noticed her picking at her food, like her mind was somewhere else.

" I know we haven't had a chance to go over what happened to the crew at the nebula. Have you been noticing anything with the crew? injuries, psychological trauma? "

"A few people seem a little shaken by whatever they have seen." Alyssa said. "They complain of nightmares and paranoia. Apparently the experience was different for everyone, but I have found that there is a small scar on the wrist." She rolled her sleeve up slightly to show the man what she meant.

"I am unable to determine the exact instrument used to cause the incision, but if I were to guess I would say it was a small blade of some sort." she said as she fixed her sleeve.

Seth Sinclaire

Seth nodded to the Commander politely as he left before turning himself towards the repilicator and placing the mug off now empty coffee on it. The repilicator did it's job of breaking down the particles and seth hummed quietly as he hummed over what to have for breakfast. Despite being somewhat drowsy, he had perked up a little thanks to the Commanders polite conversation and decided to go for a simple breakfast.

"Fried Breakfast." He said plainly towards the replicator, breaking the rythm of his hum. The replicator responded quickly, materialising a simply fried breakfast of Fried eggs, bacon, beans and toast. He grabbed the plate and took a spare seat by himself before tucking into his meal with a small, satisfied grin.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 06:57:17 PM

"A few people seem a little shaken by whatever they have seen." Alyssa said. "They complain of nightmares and paranoia. Apparently the experience was different for everyone, but I have found that there is a small scar on the wrist." She rolled her sleeve up slightly to show the man what she meant.

"I am unable to determine the exact instrument used to cause the incision, but if I were to guess I would say it was a small blade of some sort." she said as she fixed her sleeve.

Scott looked at the mark closely.

" And this is on everyone? "

He had another sip of his drink. This didnt sit well with him.

" When you get the chance, I'd like you to do a few complete work ups on some of the crew. Just pick them at random. I need to know what this mark means. "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 30, 2011, 07:49:29 PM

Scott looked at the mark closely.

" And this is on everyone? "

He had another sip of his drink. This didnt sit well with him.

" When you get the chance, I'd like you to do a few complete work ups on some of the crew. Just pick them at random. I need to know what this mark means. "

"I believe it is on everyone that had disappeared." Alyssa said as she answered the initial question and took a bite out of her pasta. "Yes sir." she said after chewing and wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I'll get on it right away."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 07:55:12 PM

"I believe it is on everyone that had disappeared." Alyssa said as she answered the initial question and took a bite out of her pasta. "Yes sir." she said after chewing and wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I'll get on it right away."

" Good. We can't be too careful. "

He noticed her sheepish manner a little more.

" What about you Doc? How have you been coping? "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 30, 2011, 08:02:02 PM

" Good. We can't be too careful. "

He noticed her sheepish manner a little more.

" What about you Doc? How have you been coping? "

Alyssa felt herself go pale on the thought. "I'm fine." Alyssa said as she tried to cover up her previous encounter with the strange being.

"Don't worry about me."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 30, 2011, 08:07:08 PM

Alyssa felt herself go pale on the thought. "I'm fine." Alyssa said as she tried to cover up her previous encounter with the strange being.

"Don't worry about me."

Scott studied the response. He wasn't entirely convinced.

" Are you sure? I know what you Doctors are like. You would never admit to something affecting you. "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Scott Bradley on October 30, 2011, 08:24:46 PM

Scott studied the response. He wasn't entirely convinced.

" Are you sure? I know what you Doctors are like. You would never admit to something affecting you. "

"Never been better in my life." Another lie. She wanted to tell the truth, but at the same time she would much rather keep her job for as long as she could before being found out.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.