News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 1, Mission 04: Lurking Beneath

Started by cortez, October 10, 2011, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Krol

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 17, 2011, 02:13:50 PM

Reece smiled.

"Nice work. Just find the directory or whatever that tells us exactly what this place was. Call me over as soon as you find it." Reece said before walking over to one of the smaller consoles. He opened the console up. It was unlocked, obviously no major information on it.

He looked through the random scraps of data. There were references to several different species: Klingon, Romulan, Breen, even the Borg.

Reece pulled out his Tricorder and downloaded the data. Maybe Lance could find something more helpful...

Lance murmured under his breath "Well, your dept is responsible for beating up anyone who wants to beat up me..."

Typing away quickly and purposefully, he had gained access steadily to every single archive, laying bare the contents before moving on. So far, there had been boring and surprisingly legal lists and other documents, nothing that would help anyone in a legal prosecution of the owners.

Suddenly, a title without an underscore in its name. Interesting.

The Library...

Opening it, he almost gasped as he realized what he was looking at. It was an index of ships, weapons and other technology from various races, including humans. He opened the schematic for a Romulan warbird, and his eyes shone with something other than screen glare. His boyhood dream had been to invent a human cloaking device, and now he may well be able to, albeit by blatantly plagiarizing the Romulans.

"Sir, you may want a look at this..."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Lance Krol on November 18, 2011, 12:01:26 PM

Lance murmured under his breath "Well, your dept is responsible for beating up anyone who wants to beat up me..."

Typing away quickly and purposefully, he had gained access steadily to every single archive, laying bare the contents before moving on. So far, there had been boring and surprisingly legal lists and other documents, nothing that would help anyone in a legal prosecution of the owners.

Suddenly, a title without an underscore in its name. Interesting.

The Library...

Opening it, he almost gasped as he realized what he was looking at. It was an index of ships, weapons and other technology from various races, including humans. He opened the schematic for a Romulan warbird, and his eyes shone with something other than screen glare. His boyhood dream had been to invent a human cloaking device, and now he may well be able to, albeit by blatantly plagiarizing the Romulans.

"Sir, you may want a look at this..."

Reece walked over to Lance and his console.

"What is it...."

Reece skimmed over the database. "What the..."

He gently moved Lance aside and accessed the console directly.

"Look at this stuff. Romulan Warbirds. Klingon Disruptors. Borg Spheres. Look at that one, the Breen EMP weapon. Download as much of this database as you can."

=/\= Thompson to Cortez. Mr Krol has managed to access the pirate Library. It looks like they were researching and studying technology from various races.
Romulan, Federation, Klingon, Breen.... Sir, they have a number of Borg technologies here as well. I've asked Mr Krol to download as much of the database as possible.=/\=

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Lance Krol

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 18, 2011, 12:30:46 PM

"What is it...."

"Look at this stuff. Romulan Warbirds. Klingon Disruptors. Borg Spheres. Look at that one, the Breen EMP weapon. Download as much of this database as you can."

=/\= Thompson to Cortez. Mr Krol has managed to access the pirate Library. It looks like they were researching and studying technology from various races.
Romulan, Federation, Klingon, Breen.... Sir, they have a number of Borg technologies here as well. I've asked Mr Krol to download as much of the database as possible.=/\=

Krol accessed his own personal chip, and accessed a program he had made as a joke in university.

The sorting program.

He had been told at one point in his education to make a program that could sort a database in a single complex factor in any language. How convenient now that he had to sort a database by alien race in French.

Almost too convenient, but certainly too obscure to have been set up by some higher power.

Shrugging to himself, he set it to 'Race' with Borg in the lead. If humanity could make a single Borg sphere or cube, it could spearhead any major military operation indefinitely.

Smiling to himself, he considered the possibilities as the huge file transferred itself at gigabytes a second into his chip. Even at the current rate, it would take half an hour. He turned and told his commander as such, then stared at the progress bar again.

What a find...

cortez

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 18, 2011, 12:30:46 PM

"What is it...."

Cortez frowned at the news. Why would the pirates be researching technology? Didn't they just steal what they wanted?

"Very good, Lieutenant. Download as much as you can and-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the bridge shook violently as if thrown a thousand miles by the hand of a god. Steadying himself, Cortez checked his personal console. Pirates. They had been discovered.

"Lieutenant, the pirates have found us. Prepare for transport!"  he shouted across the com  "Helm, evasive maneuvers! Keep those pirates off us long enough to beam up the away team!"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Mike Cortez on November 18, 2011, 02:18:17 PM

Cortez frowned at the news. Why would the pirates be researching technology? Didn't they just steal what they wanted?

"Very good, Lieutenant. Download as much as you can and-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the bridge shook violently as if thrown a thousand miles by the hand of a god. Steadying himself, Cortez checked his personal console. Pirates. They had been discovered.

"Lieutenant, the pirates have found us. Prepare for transport!"  he shouted across the com  "Helm, evasive maneuvers! Keep those pirates off us long enough to beam up the away team!"

"Krol! Stop the download!" Reece said.
"Stand by for Transport!" He hollered down the corridor to Mirwald and Masters.

As soon as the transport was finished and they were safely on board on the Churchill, Reece turned to Krol. "Put the information in a report to myself and the Captain."

He then turned to his security personnel, "Get to the bridge, man your stations. I think we got the attention of our pirate friends."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Lance Krol

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 18, 2011, 02:35:22 PM

As soon as the transport was finished and they were safely on board on the Churchill, Reece turned to Krol. "Put the information in a report to myself and the Captain."

He then turned to his security personnel, "Get to the bridge, man your stations. I think we got the attention of our pirate friends."

Krol sighed. Dammit!

Still, he had the basic physical principles of most alien ships, including stealth ships and that goddamn Borg shielding.

Nodding to Reece, he jogged to a jefferies tube and climbed to the engineering deck, not trusting the turbolifts in a combat situation. He manned a console and shouted commands to his underlings. In moments, he had a fully functional damage control station where there was once an engineering deck. Having an efficient crew was an enjoyable thing in itself.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Lance Krol on November 18, 2011, 04:42:46 PM

Krol sighed. Dammit!

Still, he had the basic physical principles of most alien ships, including stealth ships and that goddamn Borg shielding.

Nodding to Reece, he jogged to a jefferies tube and climbed to the engineering deck, not trusting the turbolifts in a combat situation. He manned a console and shouted commands to his underlings. In moments, he had a fully functional damage control station where there was once an engineering deck. Having an efficient crew was an enjoyable thing in itself.

Reece didn't have the same patience- or mindset- as Lance and jumped straight into the Turbolift.

He exited it and stood behind the railing behind the command chair. "Sir. What's the situation?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Taras Cadenza

An indefinate amount of time seemed to pass between orders for Taras. A seemingly blank amount of time. His mind functioned on orders and improvisation, but doing nothing just seemed to bore him, despite the immense danger of the situation they were in.

It's always the gold shirts who get the main hands-on excitement  these days. Reece, Lance,  Octavius and Tobias - le heroes. I remember hearing of the days of which if you were of the engineering or security departments you'd be lucky to make it through a month of your ship's mission time intact. he thought to himself, as he took the Churchill through some more daring maneuvers while the away team beamed back aboard.

Taras sighed to himself softly, a faint smile appearing on his face. When I see my father again... I must have words with him about the career choice he guided me too. Lovable sod.

OctalLord

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 18, 2011, 02:35:22 PM

"Of course sir, that's an order we can both listen to." He said, nudgeing Masters in a not-to-kind fashion with his elbow. "I'll show those pirates how a real Security officer fights!"

He ran to his seat and set to work priming every weapon aboard the Churchill. He ran a quick scan. "Heads up everyone! Our foes have two minutes before this candle lights up. Suggest evasive manuvers."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on November 18, 2011, 06:20:13 PM

"Of course sir, that's an order we can both listen to." He said, nudgeing Masters in a not-to-kind fashion with his elbow. "I'll show those pirates how a real Security officer fights!"

He ran to his seat and set to work priming every weapon aboard the Churchill. He ran a quick scan. "Heads up everyone! Our foes have two minutes before this candle lights up. Suggest evasive manuvers."

Tobias looked at the Chief manually arming individual weapons. "Chief, perhaps is you were on the bridge instead of playing down below, you would have seen me set up a program" He said before pressing a button. "Computer, run program Tobias sec 121" bringing up all of the weapons systems at one time, he had after all left them on standby, and took his position at the command terminal ready to fire when ever necessary.

cortez

Quote from: Tobias Masters on November 19, 2011, 10:41:59 AM

Tobias looked at the Chief manually arming individual weapons. "Chief, perhaps is you were on the bridge instead of playing down below, you would have seen me set up a program" He said before pressing a button. "Computer, run program Tobias sec 121" bringing up all of the weapons systems at one time, he had after all left them on standby, and took his position at the command terminal ready to fire when ever necessary.

The bridge shook yet again as the shields took another pounding, but Cortez was prepared and steadied himself.

"Return fire!"  he shouted

A few moments longer and the Churchill was out of orbit of the planet and engaging the three pirate vessels that had tracked them down.

"Target the nearest ship...prepare photon torpedoes, full spread...fire!"

OctalLord

"Oh I've been waiting for this!" Octavius shouted as he issued the commands, he scanned the coordinates from where they had been hit, intending to shoot back and disable their weapons specifically. Or at least jam them behind the enemy shields. "Fire!" He shouted superfluously as the report from the forward launchers was heard throughout the bridge.

"I'm putting it on screen," He offered having the computer track his projectiles through the cameras. The multicoloured torpedo slammed into the pirates ship with enough force, or perhaps in the captains decision to spread the damage to have the ship spin and fall back. The resulting explosion obscured them from the Churchills view but not his scanners. "Sir, I suggest we get moving. We can fire more ammunition from our aft Torpedo Launchers while we reposition. Anywhere better than holding still sir."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on November 20, 2011, 12:05:01 AM

"Oh I've been waiting for this!" Octavius shouted as he issued the commands, he scanned the coordinates from where they had been hit, intending to shoot back and disable their weapons specifically. Or at least jam them behind the enemy shields. "Fire!" He shouted superfluously as the report from the forward launchers was heard throughout the bridge.

"I'm putting it on screen," He offered having the computer track his projectiles through the cameras. The multicoloured torpedo slammed into the pirates ship with enough force, or perhaps in the captains decision to spread the damage to have the ship spin and fall back. The resulting explosion obscured them from the Churchills view but not his scanners. "Sir, I suggest we get moving. We can fire more ammunition from our aft Torpedo Launchers while we reposition. Anywhere better than holding still sir."

"I am reading some power fluctuations in the warp drive, and shields are holding at 85%. Deck 12 is reading some power fluctuation" Masters said aloud, giving the acting captain a ship status. As soon as he announced this, he began to look at the Chief's calculations, not because he feared them being wrong, but rather because he wanted to make sure there was no room for improvement.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Tobias Masters on November 21, 2011, 11:30:27 AM

"I am reading some power fluctuations in the warp drive, and shields are holding at 85%. Deck 12 is reading some power fluctuation" Masters said aloud, giving the acting captain a ship status. As soon as he announced this, he began to look at the Chief's calculations, not because he feared them being wrong, but rather because he wanted to make sure there was no room for improvement.

Reece held onto the railing as the bridge shook from impact after impact.

"Taras. Set course, 124 by 043. We have as much information as we're going to get, there's no point in getting pounded by these pirates." Reece said before looking around at Cortez.

"I've asked Krol to look through everything we got. As soon as he's read it all, he'll write you a report."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Reece Thompson on November 21, 2011, 01:47:04 PM

Reece held onto the railing as the bridge shook from impact after impact.

"Taras. Set course, 124 by 043. We have as much information as we're going to get, there's no point in getting pounded by these pirates." Reece said before looking around at Cortez.

"I've asked Krol to look through everything we got. As soon as he's read it all, he'll write you a report."

The Churchill was holding its own extremely well against the pirates. Despite the difference in quantity, in favour of the Pirates, it didn't match up to quality, in favour of the Federation vessel.

Taras took the Churchill between the Pirate ships, at such a speed that the enemy weaponry hit their comrades in the confusion.
Try harder, fellows. Well, in the metaphorical sense anyway.

Taras immediately plugged in Lt. Thompson's given course into the helm, hastily, while cricking his back. "Course laid in, sir." he stated monotonously, concentrating back to the opposing pirate ships.

A curbstomp battle, this was not.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.