Author Topic: Post of the Month - October, 2011  (Read 2540 times)

kawolsky

Post of the Month - October, 2011
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:50:26 pm »
Post of the Month

Well, it's that time again! Doesn't time just fly by? In one of my more desirable jobs on the fleet, it brings me great pleasure to announce this month's Post of the Month:

Lance stared at a console, trying to remember how he'd gotten into this mess. He'd been at Starfleet for, what, a month? A month and a half?

The virus caused a few deaths, yes. Just because he fixed it, with help, he takes the place of one of those lives?

I'm supposed to fill in for a dead lieutenant. I don't even get the pips. It's like I'm just an Ensign+. And the other ensigns used to do what I ask as if I was normal. Now they snap to attention as if I could get them fired.

Could I get them fired? I don't know. All I do know is that all my friendships have been converted into respect. And respect isn't good for much without friends to show it off to. And I have no friends here.

Every time I tell a joke, every time I make a remark, they laugh, pat me on the back, and it's back to respect. Snap to attention, smile for your superiors, laugh at their jokes because you do NOT want to be the one guy an officer doesn't like on layoffs day.

God damn respect. It's like being sealed into a vault - you're rich, but you can't eat money. You're respected, but you can't stay sane on hero worship.

Maybe it would've been better if I'd let everyone die...

Krol wasn't happy. He'd lost all his friends, gained a few followers out of the junior ensigns, and he now had enough respect to choke a goddamn whale.

And now he was losing at chess, to a computer.

What a day.

I certainly chuckled to myself when I read this and I am sure you will all agree it is a very enjoyable and well-written post by Acting Lieutenant Krol, in what is his second Post of the Month. I hope you will all congratulate him on his efforts and remember to get your nominations in for next month.

Lance Krol

Re: Post of the Month - October, 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:09:47 am »
Holy crap, wow. I guess I'm just getting lucky.

How many times does this happen before other people start mailing me letters saying "Stop posting!"?

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:21:52 pm »
"Stop posting!"?
That is all  >:(

Jokes! Well done. (Again)

Lance Krol

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
However, I think I should point out that that was supposed to be depressing :/

Maybe I should go into some kind of 'black comedy' type show?

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:32:12 pm »
Congrats, Mr. Krol! Well-deserved. :)

And angst posts FTW.

OctalLord

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 10:04:35 pm »
That's right Discovery! What now? Our posters get post of the month TWICE!

U jealous?

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:16:57 am »
Aaah, but our individual posts all join up to make a much better whole.

*Serious face.*

Lance Krol

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 04:25:59 am »
*Wears a Harlequin mask* Lolhesojellybro. Hesomad.

Offline Seth Sinclaire

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in August 2011.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:16:51 am »
Hmm...Discovery vs Churchill? Let's have it out in the Holodeck!

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 04:56:37 pm »
Congratulations!

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles