Season 1, Mission 03: Lost

Started by cortez, September 05, 2011, 06:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Quote from: Lance Krol on September 15, 2011, 03:15:47 PM

Krol kept digging. He found this quite personally interesting - you needed a passcode to even get access to the screws on the bulkhead.

He felt something. A package, plastic wrapped, and squishy.

He pulled it out.

Biogel.

=/\=Krol to Cortez=/\=

Quick update, sir - I've found a biogel pack. Would you like engineering to do a tech analysis or should I send it to the medbay?

=/\=Krol Over=/\=

Still in the turbolift, Cortez smiled at Krol's excellent knowledge of Intrepid class systems. Indeed a bio-neural gel pack was a biological part of the ship's systems and could in effect be analyzed by the ship's doctor.

"Use all of the tools at your disposal, Mr. Krol. Just contact me if you find something. Cortez out."

Lance Krol

Quote from: Mike Cortez on September 15, 2011, 05:07:13 PM

Still in the turbolift, Cortez smiled at Krol's excellent knowledge of Intrepid class systems. Indeed a bio-neural gel pack was a biological part of the ship's systems and could in effect be analyzed by the ship's doctor.

"Use all of the tools at your disposal, Mr. Krol. Just contact me if you find something. Cortez out."

Krol groaned to himself. All the tools at his disposal...

He turned to the engineering team who were just now arriving and handed out orders to those who had the good sense to follow them and suggestions to the rest, or the officers as the brass liked to call them. The gist of it was to find out how the turbolift doors were working without power and analyze the bulkhead.

Taking the gel pack, he ran into the turbolift and brought it to the med bay. Biogel wasn't always analyzable by engineering, and if someone was hiding it in a bulkhead he couldn't tell what was hiding in that little unassuming blue packet.

Turning into the ship's mini-trauma unit, he stopped a random crewman and left the packet. Then he went back to the bulkhead.

Let the fancy-pants doctor/nurse types work out what it was. He'd focus on turning hi-tech bolts.

Some time later, he got a COMM message.
It was rather boring news. Besides glowing a slightly brighter shade of blue, there was nothing biologically wrong with the gel. Krol would have to take care of it himself.
Entering the medbay, he grabbed the packet without making a sound. When a petty officer tried to stop him, he just flashed his pip. Interesting, how effective a little brass circle is at getting complacent people to do their jobs and shut the hell up.
Back in engineering, the news was quite different.
=/\=Krol to Cortez=/\=
Sir, you may want to see this...
=/\=Krol Over=/\=

cortez

Quote from: Lance Krol on September 15, 2011, 05:45:01 PM

Krol groaned to himself. All the tools at his disposal...

He turned to the engineering team who were just now arriving and handed out orders to those who had the good sense to follow them and suggestions to the rest, or the officers as the brass liked to call them. The gist of it was to find out how the turbolift doors were working without power and analyze the bulkhead.

Taking the gel pack, he ran into the turbolift and brought it to the med bay. Biogel wasn't always analyzable by engineering, and if someone was hiding it in a bulkhead he couldn't tell what was hiding in that little unassuming blue packet.

Turning into the ship's mini-trauma unit, he stopped a random crewman and left the packet. Then he went back to the bulkhead.

Let the fancy-pants doctor/nurse types work out what it was. He'd focus on turning hi-tech bolts.

Cortez had now arrived at the bridge for his duty shift. Noticing Lieutenant Cadenza taking over the helm, he too took his place at the command chair.

"Mr. Cadenza, what's our current ETA?"

Taras Cadenza

"At our present speed, 28 minutes, sir." replied Taras, as he gazed, almost lovingly at the distorted starfield on the viewer. It was a lovely sight, passing all the stars.

I should really get into astronomy one of these days... I'm pretty sure there's a holodeck program for that. he thought to himself, straightening his combadge.

cortez

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on September 16, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

"At our present speed, 28 minutes, sir." replied Taras, as he gazed, almost lovingly at the distorted starfield on the viewer. It was a lovely sight, passing all the stars.

I should really get into astronomy one of these days... I'm pretty sure there's a holodeck program for that. he thought to himself, straightening his combadge.

"Excellent"  Cortez replied, before standing up and walking himself over to the helm console.

He kept his voice purposely low to avoid any possible eavesdropping.

"And Lieutenant, discretly drop our speed so our ETA is two hours."

Quote from: Lance Krol on September 15, 2011, 05:45:01 PM

=/\=Krol to Cortez=/\=

Sir, you may want to see this...
=/\=Krol Over=/\=
Cortez sighed. He knew he was right about the suspicious activity but still hoped Krol could prove him wrong.

"On my way, Ensign"

Turning to leave, he looked around the bridge for the next senior officer.

"Mr. Cadenza, it appears you're in charge"  he said, stepping into a turbolift.

Alan Christopher

Alan had finished his break on duty shift, once again taking time to read up on the Iconian texts he had been given. He was fascinated by the way the race was run over two hundred thousand years ago, and how things had been since there re-emergence into the galaxy. It still felt odd that he and the others where almost royalty within the Iconian community. One day they would have to address these problems, but for now Alan was just concentrating on his duties.

Taras Cadenza

"Excellent"  Cortez replied, before standing up and walking himself over to the helm console.

He kept his voice purposely low to avoid any possible eavesdropping.

"And Lieutenant, discretly drop our speed so our ETA is two hours."

"Aye sir." Cadenza replied, just as quietly, resisting the temptation to raise an eyebrow at the commander's curious order. "Reducing to speed to Warp 8.5... ETA will be now 2 hours, give or take, as ordered, sir."

"On my way, Ensign"

Turning to leave, he looked around the bridge for the next senior officer.

"Mr. Cadenza, it appears you're in charge"  he said, stepping into a turbolift.

"Oh, um, aye sir!" replied Taras, feeling rather surprised at the commander's statement. As Cortez left the bridge, Taras smiled to himself, before looking at the Captain's chair.

He looked back to the viewer.

Then back to the chair.

He slapped himself back to facing the viewer.

One day... he dreamed to himself.

OctalLord

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on September 16, 2011, 07:45:15 PM

"Aye sir." Cadenza replied, just as quietly, resisting the temptation to raise an eyebrow at the commander's curious order. "Reducing to speed to Warp 8.5... ETA will be now 2 hours, give or take, as ordered, sir."

"Oh, um, aye sir!" replied Taras, feeling rather surprised at the commander's statement. As Cortez left the bridge, Taras smed to himself, before looking at the Captain's chair.

He looked back to the viewer.

Then back to the chair.

He slapped himself back to facing the viewer.

One day... he dreamed to himself.

Considering how the captain was gone Octavius took the oppurtunity to Jibe Mr. Kadenza

"Careful there, we have a couple of guests who would be glad to do that for you."

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on September 17, 2011, 02:42:28 AM

Considering how the captain was gone Octavius took the oppurtunity to Jibe Mr. Kadenza

"Careful there, we have a couple of guests who would be glad to do that for you."

Taras scratched his head, facing Octavius. "Ah, yes. Those people. I forgot about them. I certainly hope they haven't demoralised too many crewmen by now..." he groaned. Romulans were not exactly known for their encouraging demeanour.

cortez

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on September 17, 2011, 04:40:04 AM

Taras scratched his head, facing Octavius. "Ah, yes. Those people. I forgot about them. I certainly hope they haven't demoralised too many crewmen by now..." he groaned. Romulans were not exactly known for their encouraging demeanour.

After several minutes, Cortez had made his way down to engineering. Entering through the large doors, he noticed how unusually busy it was. Crewman were dashing about everywhere, PADDs in hand. Krol could be seen at the engineering station on the upper level. Cortez made his way up via the small elevator.

"What have you got for me, Ensign?"

OctalLord

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on September 17, 2011, 04:40:04 AM

"Nah, Our boys are tough. We did manage to take a pirate base for ourselves in the name of our L.T. You helped too! What could a couple Romulans do to us hunh?" Octavius tried to keep a jocular tone in the bridge, trying to cover the fact that they had not once but twice lost important members of the ship due to the abilities of transporter attack.

"Then again, others might be able to cause such difficulty. Hmm."

Lance Krol

Quote from: Mike Cortez on September 17, 2011, 01:28:43 PM

After several minutes, Cortez had made his way down to engineering. Entering through the large doors, he noticed how unusually busy it was. Crewman were dashing about everywhere, PADDs in hand. Krol could be seen at the engineering station on the upper level. Cortez made his way up via the small elevator.

"What have you got for me, Ensign?"

Krol turned to Cortez and stared briefly before speaking.

"Well, it's the biogel packet, sir..." Krol gestured towards the innocent package lying in an analysis module a few feet away, "It's infected. Somekind of bio-computer virus. We can't tell much."

Taras Cadenza

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on September 17, 2011, 01:43:07 PM

"Nah, Our boys are tough. We did manage to take a pirate base for ourselves in the name of our L.T. You helped too! What could a couple Romulans do to us hunh?" Octavius tried to keep a jocular tone in the bridge, trying to cover the fact that they had not once but twice lost important members of the ship due to the abilities of transporter attack.

"Then again, others might be able to cause such difficulty. Hmm."

Taras nodded gently. An annoyed Romulan was as deadly as a docile Klingon. Generally unpleasant, and not exactly good to be around.

He turned around back to hus console.

"You're probably right. Let's just hope no one makes a reference to the destruction of you-know-what while the ears of a Romulan are in range. Otherwise trouble will spread faster than the common cold." he joked, half-heartedly

OctalLord

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on September 18, 2011, 07:25:15 AM

Taras nodded gently. An annoyed Romulan was as deadly as a docile Klingon. Generally unpleasant, and not exactly good to be around.

He turned around back to hus console.

"You're probably right. Let's just hope no one makes a reference to the destruction of you-know-what while the ears of a Romulan are in range. Otherwise trouble will spread faster than the common cold." he joked, half-heartedly

"I'll issue a general alert." Octavius said. Taking Cadenza seriously. "Although I wonder what Mr. Krol was signalling the captain about. If he found something down there I don't want to, but I will send out my teams personally on a search and destroy. Even then so help me I will place those ears under arrest. That's very near subterfuge and destruction of Federation property. Not good for those who want our assistance."

cortez

Quote from: Lance Krol on September 17, 2011, 03:21:42 PM

Krol turned to Cortez and stared briefly before speaking.

"Well, it's the biogel packet, sir..." Krol gestured towards the innocent package lying in an analysis module a few feet away, "It's infected. Somekind of bio-computer virus. We can't tell much."

Cortez looked momentarily confused. He knew the bio-neural gel packs were by their very nature biological, but he had no idea they could actually contract a biological virus. Though the more he thought about it, the more it made sense...in a strange way.

"A virus?"  he replied  "How many of the ships systems have been infected?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.