Season 1, Mission 01: Forgotten

Started by kawolsky, June 20, 2011, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Quote from: Petr Hajek on June 25, 2011, 12:12:38 PM

"Thank you Sir.  I'll pass on the same to Lieutenant Osorio."  So saying Petr started for the door, turning before he exited the room.
He had sensed an optimistic anxiety in the new first officer as he watched him read the report.  "If I may, Sir...congratulations on your promotion."

Cortez smiled at Hajek. He liked this guy.

"Thank you, Crewman"  he replied  "I feel honored to be here"

Kale Bridges

Reece left the mess hall and headed to the bridge.

As he entered he stood beside a crewman.

"It's alright chap. Stay where you are. I'm just here for reports." He said.

He moved over to the secondary security console and brought up an overview of the systems.

Phaser Coils- 100%
Torpedo Launchers- 100% Full Compliment
Tractor Emitters- 100%
Shields- 100%
Hull Integrity- 100%

As for the security system, full armoury and all personnel accounted for.

Reece copied all of the information onto a PADD.

"As you were." He said to the crewman before walking up to Cortez.

"Sir." He said holding the PADD out. "All security and tactical systems check out. You've got a green light from us."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

cortez

Quote from: Reece Thompson on June 25, 2011, 01:11:17 PM

Reece left the mess hall and headed to the bridge.

As he entered he stood beside a crewman.

"It's alright chap. Stay where you are. I'm just here for reports." He said.

He moved over to the secondary security console and brought up an overview of the systems.

Phaser Coils- 100%
Torpedo Launchers- 100% Full Compliment
Tractor Emitters- 100%
Shields- 100%
Hull Integrity- 100%

As for the security system, full armoury and all personnel accounted for.

Reece copied all of the information onto a PADD.

"As you were." He said to the crewman before walking up to Cortez.

"Sir." He said holding the PADD out. "All security and tactical systems check out. You've got a green light from us."

"Thank you, Lieutenant" Cortez replied, taking the PADD  "Now, get some sleep. We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: Mike Cortez on June 26, 2011, 12:57:33 PM

"Thank you, Lieutenant" Cortez replied, taking the PADD  "Now, get some sleep. We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

*The next day, 0550 hours*

Clarke was still sitting in his ready room, looking over the sensor data again. He'd taken a nap earlier so that he wouldn't be a complete wreck, but the data was bothering him and he wanted to figure it out before the Churchill left for its mission. The data wasn't just detailed, it was perfect. Weapon types, warp core model, even the engine manufacturer--all he needed was the ships' shield frequencies and Clarke would be able to take them down with his own phaser.

A chime indicated that it was almost 0600. Clarke put down the PADD and stood up, giving his shoulders a couple of rolls as he did so. Stepping in front of his desk, Clarke looked around the ready room, still bewildered at the fact that it was his. It was uncommon for someone outside of the command division to become captain of a ship. The fact that Clarke had done so was a serious indicator of how shorthanded Starfleet was--not only had he technically not gone to Starfleet Academy, he was a former marine to boot.

Gathering his thoughts, Clarke strode out of his ready room and onto the bridge. The moment the doors closed, everyone paused what they were doing to give him a salute.

"At ease," Clarke said as he walked to the captain's chair. "Is everything prepared for our departure?"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on June 26, 2011, 02:18:35 PM

*The next day, 0550 hours*

Clarke was still sitting in his ready room, looking over the sensor data again. He'd taken a nap earlier so that he wouldn't be a complete wreck, but the data was bothering him and he wanted to figure it out before the Churchill left for its mission. The data wasn't just detailed, it was perfect. Weapon types, warp core model, even the engine manufacturer--all he needed was the ships' shield frequencies and Clarke would be able to take them down with his own phaser.

A chime indicated that it was almost 0600. Clarke put down the PADD and stood up, giving his shoulders a couple of rolls as he did so. Stepping in front of his desk, Clarke looked around the ready room, still bewildered at the fact that it was his. It was uncommon for someone outside of the command division to become captain of a ship. The fact that Clarke had done so was a serious indicator of how shorthanded Starfleet was--not only had he technically not gone to Starfleet Academy, he was a former marine to boot.

Gathering his thoughts, Clarke strode out of his ready room and onto the bridge. The moment the doors closed, everyone paused what they were doing to give him a salute.

"At ease," Clarke said as he walked to the captain's chair. "Is everything prepared for our departure?"

Reece calmed down and moved his attention back to his console.

"Aye sir. Green light here. Tactical systems seem fine, but without a shakedown test... it'll be a surprise." Reece said.

"All crew and supplies are stored for our departure."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

cortez

Quote from: Reece Thompson on June 26, 2011, 05:50:22 PM

Reece calmed down and moved his attention back to his console.

"Aye sir. Green light here. Tactical systems seem fine, but without a shakedown test... it'll be a surprise." Reece said.

"All crew and supplies are stored for our departure."

"...And all departments report ready, Captain"    Cortez added, seated alongside Clarke.

His very own chair. It was both exciting and nerveracking at the same time.

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Mike Cortez on June 26, 2011, 05:51:58 PM

"...And all departments report ready, Captain"    Cortez added, seated alongside Clarke.

His very own chair. It was both exciting and nerveracking at the same time.

At this time, Alan entered the bridge, quickly making his way to the helm console. After running a quick check, he noticed all systems where nominal.

" All helm systems in the green. Sir."

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: Alan Christopher on June 26, 2011, 06:44:42 PM

At this time, Alan entered the bridge, quickly making his way to the helm console. After running a quick check, he noticed all systems where nominal.

" All helm systems in the green. Sir."

"Let's get underway then," said Clarke. "We should be cleared to leave in a few minutes. Helm, set course for the Archanis sector and prepare to leave dock."

Clarke eased back into his chair. It was quite comfortable, more so than the typical chair on the bridge. He could easily see why people liked them so much; the power trip was just the added bonus. After enjoying the feeling for a few moments, Clarke used the controls in the armrest to forward Kawolsky's sensor data to the tactical console.

"Mr. Thompson, I've given you access to the sensor data we have of the pirates we'll be confronting. Let's see if we can put it to good use."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on June 26, 2011, 07:51:21 PM

"Let's get underway then," said Clarke. "We should be cleared to leave in a few minutes. Helm, set course for the Archanis sector and prepare to leave dock."

Clarke eased back into his chair. It was quite comfortable, more so than the typical chair on the bridge. He could easily see why people liked them so much; the power trip was just the added bonus. After enjoying the feeling for a few moments, Clarke used the controls in the armrest to forward Kawolsky's sensor data to the tactical console.

"Mr. Thompson, I've given you access to the sensor data we have of the pirates we'll be confronting. Let's see if we can put it to good use."

"Aye sir. I've received the data, I'm running several scans on it to find out anything we can." Reece said.

"Sir, if I may ask... these pirates... do we know who they are? What species?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on June 26, 2011, 07:51:21 PM

" Aye aye sir. Course laid in. Awaiting clearance to launch. "

He ran his eyes across his board one more time. This intrepid class was going to be fun to pilot. More manoeuvrable  than the Discovery used to be.

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: Reece Thompson on June 27, 2011, 05:44:06 PM

"Aye sir. I've received the data, I'm running several scans on it to find out anything we can." Reece said.

"Sir, if I may ask... these pirates... do we know who they are? What species?"

"The only data we have is that they're piloting outdated Klingon Bird-of-Preys purchased from the black market," Clarke said. "No one has claimed responsibilities for the attacks and the Klingon High Council denies any affiliation with the attackers."

An beep from his armrest alerted Clarke to the Churchill's clearance to depart.

"Helm, disengage from dock and take us out, one-quarter impulse. Once we're clear, it's warp 8 until we reach our destination."

Petr Hajek

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on June 27, 2011, 09:22:33 PM

"The only data we have is that they're piloting outdated Klingon Bird-of-Preys purchased from the black market," Clarke said. "No one has claimed responsibilities for the attacks and the Klingon High Council denies any affiliation with the attackers."

"Helm, disengage from dock and take us out, one-quarter impulse. Once we're clear, it's warp 8 until we reach our destination."

Lieutenant Osorio contacted Petr Hajek as the crewman was working on the secondary sensor subsystems.

---"Crewman, I want you to modify the secondary sensors so they are able to conduct long range tachyon scans.  Our targets are potentially going to be cloaked, and these scans are necessary to locate cloaked vessels."---

---"Very good, Sir...but can the primary sensors not handle that task?"---Hajek asked out of curiosity.

---"Belt and braces, crewman.  If anything happens to the primary system I want built in redundant systems waiting in the wings."---

Petr began making the necessary modifications.

cortez

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on June 27, 2011, 09:22:33 PM

As the ship left the spacedock, Cortez leaned across the small gap that seperated the two command chairs, propping himself up with his elbow on the armrest.

"What do you think we'll find when we get there, sir?"

Petr Hajek

The modifications Lieutenant Osorio had ordered Petr make to the secondary sensors didn't take him long at all.  Once they were completed he sent a brief message directly to the Science Station on the bridge.

Danny himself had made the corresponding changes to the primary systems and these, like the ones Hajek had made, showed up on the sensor logs that the chief science officer now checked for synchronicity.  He then looked over his shoulder to see if the tactical station was manned.  Of course it was.  He also knew the man at that post has recently been promoted.

"Lieutenant Thompson!" He called out.  "Your board should now be showing green on all primary and back-up sensors, and I've got all sensor arrays equipped to conduct tachyon sweeps."

Danny had read what little sensor data there was from the sector they now sped to, but it was scant to say the least.

"Lieutenant, do we have anymore details regarding the type of vessels we may encounter? I've read that the pirates have got their hands on some old Birds of Prey but do we know which variant? If we're lucky they'll be the D12s."  He addressed the captain next.

"Sir, these ships were taken out of service about forty years ago because of a design flaw with their plasma coils, which enable them to cloak amongst other things.  Apparently the coils were so
poor they produced such quantities of radiation that even cloaked the ship was lit up during a tachyon sweep."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Petr Hajek on June 28, 2011, 07:51:20 PM

The modifications Lieutenant Osorio had ordered Petr make to the secondary sensors didn't take him long at all.  Once they were completed he sent a brief message directly to the Science Station on the bridge.

Danny himself had made the corresponding changes to the primary systems and these, like the ones Hajek had made, showed up on the sensor logs that the chief science officer now checked for synchronicity.  He then looked over his shoulder to see if the tactical station was manned.  Of course it was.  He also knew the man at that post has recently been promoted.

"Lieutenant Thompson!" He called out.  "Your board should now be showing green on all primary and back-up sensors, and I've got all sensor arrays equipped to conduct tachyon sweeps."

Danny had read what little sensor data there was from the sector they now sped to, but it was scant to say the least.

"Lieutenant, do we have anymore details regarding the type of vessels we may encounter? I've read that the pirates have got their hands on some old Birds of Prey but do we know which variant? If we're lucky they'll be the D12s."  He addressed the captain next.

"Sir, these ships were taken out of service about forty years ago because of a design flaw with their plasma coils, which enable them to cloak amongst other things.  Apparently the coils were so
poor they produced such quantities of radiation that even cloaked the ship was lit up during a tachyon sweep."

"It probably is. They are the most common Klingon ship on the Black Market. I'd like to know how these people get hold of the ships though, it's not like the Klingons just throw there trash to one side." Reece said before checking his console.

"Aye, all systems are green once more."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.