Season 1, Mission 01: Forgotten

Started by kawolsky, June 20, 2011, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petr Hajek

Quote from: Mike Cortez on July 05, 2011, 05:27:14 PM

Cortez interjected before Clarke could continue with his present line of thought.

"Sir, you can't do that."  he insisted  "We should give the warp pulse a try. There must be somewhere nearby we can hide to make repairs?"

Cortez shifted his glance in Hajek's direction.

"Crewman, scan for any place we can use to hide. Nebulae, a gas giant, anything"

Hajek span around and got to work on his console but he already suspected the answer would be as before.

"The dampening field is too strong Sir, we still have no sensors.  If we are to use a warp pulse we can only select the direction and punch it.  I'm afraid all this option is going to provide is being somewhere else...and right now that doesn't seem to be that bad a choice." He answered.

Teresa Beckwith leaned over to Petr and caught his attention.

"Just stick to the facts, Crewman.  The officers have enough to contend with without your opinions clouding their minds"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Petr Hajek on July 05, 2011, 05:42:33 PM

Hajek span around and got to work on his console but he already suspected the answer would be as before.

"The dampening field is too strong Sir, we still have no sensors.  If we are to use a warp pulse we can only select the direction and punch it.  I'm afraid all this option is going to provide is being somewhere else...and right now that doesn't seem to be that bad a choice." He answered.

Teresa Beckwith leaned over to Petr and caught his attention.

"Just stick to the facts, Crewman.  The officers have enough to contend with without your opinions clouding their minds"

Reece checked his sensors. "They're arming weapons sir. I think your friend is getting abit impatient."

He checked again. This was hopless.

3 D-12 were a hassle for a galaxy class starship, 4 against an Intrepid were even worse.

"With our sensors offline, a blind warp jump could be worse than staying here. We could drop out in a star, or run into a planet... but staying here is madness aswell." Reece said. "But, what the hey, I say we do it. Here is a certainty or death, warping away gives the possibility."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Reece Thompson on July 05, 2011, 06:00:24 PM

Reece checked his sensors. "They're arming weapons sir. I think your friend is getting abit impatient."

He checked again. This was hopless.

3 D-12 were a hassle for a galaxy class starship, 4 against an Intrepid were even worse.

"With our sensors offline, a blind warp jump could be worse than staying here. We could drop out in a star, or run into a planet... but staying here is madness aswell." Reece said. "But, what the hey, I say we do it. Here is a certainty or death, warping away gives the possibility."

Alan turned to face the group.

" Well hopefully with my finely tuned piloting abilities I would avoid hitting things. But whatever we do, its got to be quick! "

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: Alan Christopher on July 05, 2011, 06:55:04 PM

Alan turned to face the group.

" Well hopefully with my finely tuned piloting abilities I would avoid hitting things. But whatever we do, its got to be quick! "

Clarke unconsciously tightened his hands on his armrests as he weighted the risks of the warp pulse. Even if they succeeded to escape, losing the warp drive for even one hour would almost certainly put the pirates on top of them again. And if the pirates did show up, there was the strong probability of Finley rescinding his offer to let the crew survive, something Clarke was extremely reluctant let happen.

Coming to a decision, Clarke stared at the viewscreen, feeling the last hope that this was all just a dream fade away. "Initiate the warp pulse. If we don't escape, however, I will negotiate with the pirates to secure the safety of all of you. Your safety is paramount to me and I won't let you die senseless deaths."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Alexander Clarke on July 05, 2011, 07:03:19 PM

Clarke unconsciously tightened his hands on his armrests as he weighted the risks of the warp pulse. Even if they succeeded to escape, losing the warp drive for even one hour would almost certainly put the pirates on top of them again. And if the pirates did show up, there was the strong probability of Finley rescinding his offer to let the crew survive, something Clarke was extremely reluctant let happen.

Coming to a decision, Clarke stared at the viewscreen, feeling the last hope that this was all just a dream fade away. "Initiate the warp pulse. If we don't escape, however, I will negotiate with the pirates to secure the safety of all of you. Your safety is paramount to me and I won't let you die senseless deaths."

"All of you?" He asked, "Shouldn't that be all of US sir?"

Reece paused a moment, "You aren't thinking of giving yourself up are you sir?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Petr Hajek

As soon as Lieutenant Hastings, at Ops heard the command to initiate the warp pulse he began to route all available power to the helm.

"Sir, to give this as much a chance to work as anything would it be appropriate to route ALL power to helm for the duration of the pulse, life support included?" He then turned quickly to Petr at science two.  "Crewman, how long will the pulse be?"

Petr looked at Joshua and tried to remember the training Lieutenant Osorio had given him.

"It really isn't up to us, Sir.  All helm can do is go to full power on the warp core,  the pulse will be initiated and as we are so low on power at present it will probably cause such fluctuations in the plasma coils as to shut the core down anyway.  All we can hope is that the shunt we get during the fractions of a second at max power will be enough to get us as far from here as possible."

cortez

Upon hearing his Captain speak the words, Cortez placed himself back in his chair, anticipating a bumpy ride.

"All hands, brace for warp jump"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Mike Cortez on July 06, 2011, 01:41:43 PM

Upon hearing his Captain speak the words, Cortez placed himself back in his chair, anticipating a bumpy ride.

"All hands, brace for warp jump"

Reece was keeping a sharp eye on the sensors.

"Sir, they're targetting us. We have to do something.... and now!" He said very alarmed.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

OctalLord

Octavius held his hands to his head, panic was begining to set in.

"Is there anything large and heavy we can jetison to create a debris feild?" Octavius asked "To cover our escape?"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on July 07, 2011, 01:52:03 PM

Octavius held his hands to his head, panic was begining to set in.

"Is there anything large and heavy we can jetison to create a debris feild?" Octavius asked "To cover our escape?"

"Not really. Not unless we want to dump 50% of our torpedo compliment." Reece said over his shoulder to Octavius.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Petr Hajek

...Coming to a decision, Clarke stared at the viewscreen, feeling the last hope that this was all just a dream fade away. "Initiate the warp pulse..."

Petr knew this was always going to have been a long shot.  All major systems were being drastically affected by the field emanating from the Birds of Prey as he watched Joshua Hastings at Ops reconfiguring the power distribution so helm had every last watt of energy the ship could give them.

He knew the dampening field would also cause havoc as they momentarily field-saturated the warp nacelles in preparation for the spontaneous nil to full power on the core, but they had no choice.  It was all they could do...and it had to be before more precious energy was drained.

Petr really didn't know what to expect, and following the command to brace he could only laugh at the utter pointlessness of gripping the side of his console as he now found himself doing.

Alan Christopher

Alan had everything ready to jump the ship into warp, assuming the power drain didn't finish them off first.

" Ready to go sir, give me the word. "

OctalLord

Quote from: Reece Thompson on July 07, 2011, 03:22:51 PM

"Not really. Not unless we want to dump 50% of our torpedo compliment." Reece said over his shoulder to Octavius.

"That sounds like a great way to slow them down, Heck strap a phaser to them set to a timed detonation and we might keep them from following us for a few more moments!" Octavius said. He grabbed a PADD and prepared to send a message out to the crew to get the plan in action. "I can have them jetisoned pushed out of the gate by force if I have to. Of course with your permission sir?"

Alexander Clarke

Quote from: Octavius Mirwald on July 08, 2011, 12:23:58 AM

"That sounds like a great way to slow them down, Heck strap a phaser to them set to a timed detonation and we might keep them from following us for a few more moments!" Octavius said. He grabbed a PADD and prepared to send a message out to the crew to get the plan in action. "I can have them jetisoned pushed out of the gate by force if I have to. Of course with your permission sir?"

Clarke shook his head.

"There's no time for that. Finley's expected a response from us by now."

An ensign began to speak. "Sir, they're powering up--"

"Commence the warp pulse on my count," Clarke said, cutting off the ensign. "5...4...3...2...1...engage!"

As the command left his mouth, Clarke felt a familiar sensation grip his body. Clarke's vision changed from Christopher engaging the warp pulse to standing on a transporter pad. A moment later, he collapsed onto the floor, unable to stand as feelings of dizziness and disorientation swept through him.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Finley said as a couple of his men lifted Clarke up by his shoulders. "I was afraid you were going to try something stupid and hurt yourself. If you were any more by-the-book, you would be the book."

Clarke's nausea faded slightly, allowing him to take stock of his surroundings. There was no doubt he was on the Klingon ship and it seemed he was now a captive. He tensed when he realized that his crew was now little more than an open target since they had lost their only bargaining chip.

"Don't look so glum, Mr. Clarke," said Finley, causing Clarke to refocus on his unceasingly happy face. "It seems your shipmates got lucky and somehow didn't leave a warp trail to follow. I can't spend the time to hunt them down, as I'm on a tight schedule. It'd have been a fantastic bonus if I had gotten your ship though."

"What's so special about me that you'd give up chasing a Starfleet ship that you had at your fingertips?" Clarke asked, trying not to let his relief show while working through his nausea.

"Come on, don't play dumb with me," Finley said cheerily. "I'd never get enough ships to catch up before it got reinforcements. At the same time, we'll be long gone before they can get those reinforcements. It's a win-win for both of us, if I do say so myself."

"That isn't what I'd asked."

"And you're in my custody. My questions get answered; yours, on the other hand, are not held to the same regard." A woman walked into the transporter room and whispered something in Finley's ear. After nodding and dismissing her, Finley faced Clarke again and clapped his hands together once. "Well, it seems you'll be meeting with my boss soon. I have business to attend to before that, so I'm afraid I'll have to end this little chit-chat of ours. Mark, Andrew, put him in the brig. And get Denise to look at him when he's there; he got pulled off a ship that was going to warp and I can't afford to have him damaged."

Clarke opened his mouth to demand an answer when the feelings of dizziness and nausea intensified. He slumped into the men's arms as he struggled to keep his focus. As he lost the battle to remain conscious, he was faintly aware of a blurred face, a familiar one, one that he knew couldn't be real.

"Everything's going to be alright," it said as Clarke's thoughts faded to blackness.

Kale Bridges

The warp pulse disorientated Rece for a few seconds, but he shook his head loose.

"Cap'n... they aren't following." He said staring at his sensors.

"Cap'n..." He looked up. Most of the crew was where they were supposed to be.

Crewman Hajek, at Science, Christopher at Helm, Cortez at the XO's chair... all of them shaking the disorientation away.

"Ohh shi...." Reece didn't finish.

"Cortez... Sir. They've taken the Commander. They must've beamed him out before we escaped the dampening field."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.