Forum Downtime commencing

Started by Justin Conwell, March 08, 2010, 09:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Conwell

Greetings,

I will try to minimize the downtime for the forums but will be doing some upgrades shortly to the newest version just released. This includes server side backbone security fixes which needs to be fixed anyways. Expected downtime is 5 minutes to 30 minutes which will begin in exctly 30 minutes time.

Chris

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Richard Ransom

Also;notice when your looking at the Server between  2pm and 4 PM EST   Sat-Sun; access to forums and site is lagy,

Justin Conwell

I've seen that happening but check this link and see if it happen when the entire server was undergoing high lag in ping? It might have been the server datacenter and not the forum but I've seen it happen.

http://www.pingdom.com/reports/dmaa1hwpzbod/check_overview/?name=ReconNetworks+Host

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Chris Newberry

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

OctalLord

Error report: When your in the posting screen. The "Topic summary" doesn't appear correctly. Only showing links and the "Insert Quote" button.

Chris Newberry

I'll look into it. Not getting this particular bug. Could you do a screen shot and link the image to me so I can see a reproduce of it? Easier to understand and fix.

OctalLord

Quote from: Chris O'Neill on March 09, 2010, 04:34:21 PM

I'll look into it. Not getting this particular bug. Could you do a screen shot and link the image to me so I can see a reproduce of it? Easier to understand and fix.

Will do.

Also i found that highlighting it makessome of the text makes it appear. I'll put that into it as well.

Edit: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6864/27383376.png Click the image to bigify

Chris Newberry

It's a theme code messup. The themes we've been using are pretty out of date and not very easy to update. I can switch your theme to one that works better.

OctalLord

Well, that fixed it. I guess. I guess I could get used to this.

Richard Ransom

are we getting any new theams other then SMF basic

Chris Newberry

The current black and orange theme isn't SMF basic but I am reworking Shiny Blue but some of the files are not working correctly. I will be adding new themes soon but not very many are made for SMF RC3 either.

Richard Ransom

kawolsky

That's the problem with updating too quickly.

Perhaps we should have waited until people had had chance to make themes for the new update, and give it chance for all the bugs to be ironed out?

Chris Newberry

Yes but this update included a few security fixes which would compromise Forum Security. This is the link to all current RC3 themes.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=54

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.