News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Fleet Decrease/Solutions

Started by Chris Newberry, January 26, 2007, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newberry

Hello SF Members,

From the crew list that has been released, some are wondering why delphia a, alexander, and additional ships are missing. The reason is that we are spread to thin and had to downsize the fleet somewhat. The first ship to re enter service will be a totally new name for some but sorta old for original tf10ers.

I am deciding to bring the USS Hope back, a Nebula Class starship as the next one if we can get enough crew to fill the remaining chief positions on both uss discovery and dss discovery. The problems is I need solutions to make this work as a community fleet development.

Some know, some don't but with me being very busy, I can't do much and have transfer most of the ownership to a few admins to keep the fleet running while I take a break and focus on other matters.

Plz reply with solutions you think will help Shadow Fleet and gain new members after you read this topic.

Ty,

Christopher.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

kawolsky

I think we need to market SF more - advertise more. We should spread the word about the fleet through emails and search engine submissions etc. We should encourage members to spread the word and get people the know that like Star Trek interested in the fleet.

That's just for starters. We'll need to come up with some more ideas to go further.

Chris Newberry

*Changes John Kawolsky to Advertiser Personnel*

kawolsky

Also, we should try and get the main website complete as soon as possible so it can attract people browsing the site. If there's nothing on it then there's nothing to keep them interested.

Scott Bradley

perhaps if we have a look in the yahoo star trek groups, maybe we'll find some people there. I'm also a member of a couple of other trek rp's, maybe i could see if some of them wish to join as they post well and often

kawolsky

That would be great if you could do that Scott. I have placed a thread advertising Shadow Fleet on the StarTrek.com forums and they get hundreds of members logging on a day so with any luck we should be able to recruit some of them.

Chris, with your permission, I would like to head up a Site Promotion & Recruitment Team. This is the idea: we would have our own board and anyone that want's to join the team would have access. We would collate ideas about how to recruit new members and we would represent Shadow Fleet to new members, eg. we would answer any questions they might have or direct them to the appropriate boards, that way it would free up you and the rest of the high command's time aswell.

What do you say?

Chris Newberry

Premission Granted. Nice ideas. I will add a board to these forums later and restrict it to Advertisement Team.

kawolsky

KK Great.

Anyone that is interested in joining this team, PM me and I will sort it out. Please note that if you do join, you will have to commit and give ideas or you will be kicked out.

kawolsky

Chris I added Shadow Fleet to a couple of toplists in the hope that will will generate more hits. The only thing I need you to do is to add the following HTML codes to the bottom of the HOME Page. It will display a small button & banner that verifies we are in the lists. Once we have done this we will appear in the topsite lists.

Thanks

HTML code for List #1:

http://www.postyouradforfree.com/in.php?id=78" target="_BLANK">http://www.postyouradforfree.com/images/toplist/buttons/toplist.gif" border="0" alt="Post Your Ad For Free - Free Advertising Forum" />

HTML Code for List #2:

http://www.startrekpbem.net/Interactive/topsites/">
http://www.startrekpbem.net/Interactive/topsites/button.php?u=ShadowFleet" alt="STARTREKPBEM.NET Topsites List" border="0" />

You will need to look at the post in edit view to see the code as it displays the link here.

kawolsky

I've spoken to Andy and they are now up.

Everyone please vote for us by clicking on the banner above or at the bottom of the Home Page and scrolling down until you see us in the list. Click on our name to vote for us.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.