S2- M2 - Shatterpoint

Started by James A. Hawke, January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 17, 2018, 08:01:47 AM

[USS Shran - Bridge]

Ruth let out a low chuckle.  "Dropped myself right in that one didn't I?!  I'm ok about physicals, I only got here about 3 hours ago so cut me a little slack.  Lt. Ruth Sigurdsdottir." Ruth offered by way of introduction.
"... I seem to spend my life having physicals lately, but rules are rules and I know too many medics, and been saved by them too often to disrespect or flount rules that our lovely docs put in place.  So... shall we?"

She gestured with her hand to the turbolift.  "Unless you think Mr. Waring can't get there by turbolift in which case I'll join you down there.  I promise.  Besides.  Like I said, need to talk to Will."

[Bridge]
Alyssa smiled at the woman's lack of resistance to the idea of getting a physical. "I'm glad you see it that way. Please, lead the way."

Quote from: Kalro Zolarim on January 16, 2018, 01:33:22 PM

Bridge - Shran

Kalro glanced up from his station, briefly observing the interaction between the... fainted? Officer and the medical staff.  Definitely some sort of history there.  He could only imagine what kind of personal relationship could become so traumatic that it would cause an able-bodied starfleet officer to collapse and have a nervous breakdown.

At least the runabout was safely stowed, now.

Hating to interrupt the current commotion, he nonetheless had an interest in the current destruction that was at the heart of this Yellow Alert.

"Sirs, he suggested, "if this runabout is from a ship destroyed by our mirror-universe adversary, I wonder if it might be possible to beam aboard some small pieces of the local starship debris.  Perhaps into storage bay three.  Even two or three pieces of the outer hull would give us useful information.  Analyzing molecular changes to hull materials could tell us the strength and EM frequency of the threat-vessel's weapon systems.  In any eventual confrontation, we may be able to optimize our own shield frequencies based on what we learn.  It could give us a tactical advantage in a fight."

Alyssa heard the man speak. She turned to him, another face she didn't recognize. She would make a point of tracking him down later for his physical. "I have no idea what that means, so please, can someone look into that idea?"

She clasped her other hand around Will's arm and tugged him. "Come on, hunkalicious, we are gonna get you straightened up." She guided him to the turbolift, moving slowly and methodically so that neither of them would trip over anything or each other. When they got in the lift, she waited for the doors to hiss shut before saying "Sickbay." She barely knew the deck it was on, it was a huge ship mind you, but she knew the turbolift could figure it out with context clues.

The lift descended into the bowels of the Shran with an elegance unbeknownst to Alyssa. She cared little for the interworkings of the ship, as long as it worked, she didn't care. She was a doctor after all. Finally, after a minute, the lift stopped and hissed open. Alyssa tugged at Will's arm and slowly walked him into Sickbay.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 17, 2018, 09:35:41 AM

[Bridge]
Alyssa smiled at the woman's lack of resistance to the idea of getting a physical. "I'm glad you see it that way. Please, lead the way."

She clasped her other hand around Will's arm and tugged him. "Come on, hunkalicious, we are gonna get you straightened up." She guided him to the turbolift, moving slowly and methodically so that neither of them would trip over anything or each other. When they got in the lift, she waited for the doors to hiss shut before saying "Sickbay." She barely knew the deck it was on, it was a huge ship mind you, but she knew the turbolift could figure it out with context clues.

The lift descended into the bowels of the Shran with an elegance unbeknownst to Alyssa. She cared little for the interworkings of the ship, as long as it worked, she didn't care. She was a doctor after all. Finally, after a minute, the lift stopped and hissed open. Alyssa tugged at Will's arm and slowly walked him into Sickbay.

USS Shran - Bridge and Turbolift to Sickbay

Ruth nodded and went into the Turbolift.  Whether the doc had given Will a shot of sedative or not was anyone's guess or if he had just decided to comply she didn't know but he was quiet on the journey.

Sickbay

She followed the doctor and Will into the Sickbay and grinned.  The only time she'd been in a Sickbay bar medicals and injuries was on 'puke and other emmisions' duty once as a punishment.

"Right, your domain, your rules, Doc... you doing my physical first or we dealing with your other patient first, either way you have as a young friend says of my collegue Dr. Telak, '...she's got nasty lethal hypos, doesn't need to kick you in the shins...' so I promise not to run away whichever way round you want to do it! So long as me and Will can have a little chat at some point... in private." Ruth stressed.  "Some of the stuff I have to go through with him is a little personal, he may become agitated, but I promise not to hurt him and if it gets too much I'll come out of the room and let you deal with him."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 17, 2018, 09:47:53 AM

USS Shran - Bridge and Turbolift to Sickbay

Ruth nodded and went into the Turbolift.  Whether the doc had given Will a shot of sedative or not was anyone's guess or if he had just decided to comply she didn't know but he was quiet on the journey.

Sickbay

She followed the doctor and Will into the Sickbay and grinned.  The only time she'd been in a Sickbay bar medicals and injuries was on 'puke and other emmisions' duty once as a punishment.

"Right, your domain, your rules, Doc... you doing my physical first or we dealing with your other patient first, either way you have as a young friend says of my collegue Dr. Telak, '...she's got nasty lethal hypos, doesn't need to kick you in the shins...' so I promise not to run away whichever way round you want to do it! So long as me and Will can have a little chat at some point... in private." Ruth stressed.  "Some of the stuff I have to go through with him is a little personal, he may become agitated, but I promise not to hurt him and if it gets too much I'll come out of the room and let you deal with him."

[Sickbay]
Alyssa sighed. "Ok we can do your physical first, just please. A moment of silence." She let go of Will's arm and rubbed her temples. She would need...a medical tricorder, maybe a Hypospray? Yes, she would need that. Did she pack her chainsaw next to her desk or was it the flame thrower? No matter, she could make do with either.

"Right, just lay back on the bed and we can get started." She said this as she went around collecting her supplies. She waited for the woman to sit on the bed before ordering "Computer, activate restraints on biobed 2."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 17, 2018, 10:00:37 AM

[Sickbay]
Alyssa sighed. "Ok we can do your physical first, just please. A moment of silence." She let go of Will's arm and rubbed her temples. She would need...a medical tricorder, maybe a Hypospray? Yes, she would need that. Did she pack her chainsaw next to her desk or was it the flame thrower? No matter, she could make do with either.

"Right, just lay back on the bed and we can get started." She said this as she went around collecting her supplies. She waited for the woman to sit on the bed before ordering "Computer, activate restraints on biobed 2."

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Ruth smiled and complied with the request for silence and then to lay on the biobed.

When the doctor ordered restraints she looked a little concerned.  She'd heard about crazy doctors but this one had seemed so normal at least compared to some she knew.

"Restraints?!  I said I wouldn't run away.  Is this some kind of a joke?!" Ruth asked not letting any sign of panic into her voice but her Islandic native accent coming through a little stronger than normal. "Ah doc, if you hadn't noticed it's not me that was throwing a paddy on the Bridge... wrong patient!"

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 17, 2018, 10:16:14 AM

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Ruth smiled and complied with the request for silence and then to lay on the biobed.

When the doctor ordered restraints she looked a little concerned.  She'd heard about crazy doctors but this one had seemed so normal at least compared to some she knew.

"Restraints?!  I said I wouldn't run away.  Is this some kind of a joke?!" Ruth asked not letting any sign of panic into her voice but her Islandic native accent coming through a little stronger than normal. "Ah doc, if you hadn't noticed it's not me that was throwing a paddy on the Bridge... wrong patient!"

[Sickbay]
Alyssa was digging for the chainsaw when she heard Ruth speak up. "Yes, I am aware. Don't worry, he'll get his moment too." she said. Where was it? How did she manage to lose a chainsaw in her desk? The bloody thing didn't even fit in the drawer. "Sam, can you please run through the process with our patient?"

"Certainly, Doctor." Sam said. He activated Ruth's implant, a process that seemed to take a bit longer than usual as her frequency had not been logged into the database yet. "Greetings Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir, identification number 35-221. I am Sam and thank you for complying with our regulations. The procedure is quite unorthodox but it still tests the standards set by Starfleet Command on Earth. While I would say you are in good hands, that remains to be seen as I question the Doctor's ability to abide by the hippocratic oath. Suffice it to say you will not be harmed...much."

Alyssa was blissfully unaware of what Sam had been saying to Ruth. She knew that he spoke to people privately and that he could hold multiple conversations at once, and if she really wanted to, she could pull a transcript of his coorespondance later. Ah, there it was.

Alyssa grabbed the chainsaw and dusted it off. It hadn't been used in some time. She pulled the cord a few times to get it started and then ran for Ruth, rushing past the several nurses who were jumping out of the way. It was nothing new to them but it was still terrifying none the less. Just before Alyssa reached the biobed she let the chainsaw die and dropping it once the blade stopped. She grabbed the medical tricorder that was currently attached to her hip and scanned. "Hmm, circulatory system seems to be fine." she replied, sounding a bit disappointed.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 17, 2018, 11:03:26 AM

[Sickbay]
Alyssa was digging for the chainsaw when she heard Ruth speak up. "Yes, I am aware. Don't worry, he'll get his moment too." she said. Where was it? How did she manage to lose a chainsaw in her desk? The bloody thing didn't even fit in the drawer. "Sam, can you please run through the process with our patient?"

"Certainly, Doctor." Sam said. He activated Ruth's implant, a process that seemed to take a bit longer than usual as her frequency had not been logged into the database yet. "Greetings Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir, identification number 35-221. I am Sam and thank you for complying with our regulations. The procedure is quite unorthodox but it still tests the standards set by Starfleet Command on Earth. While I would say you are in good hands, that remains to be seen as I question the Doctor's ability to abide by the hippocratic oath. Suffice it to say you will not be harmed...much."

Alyssa was blissfully unaware of what Sam had been saying to Ruth. She knew that he spoke to people privately and that he could hold multiple conversations at once, and if she really wanted to, she could pull a transcript of his coorespondance later. Ah, there it was.

Alyssa grabbed the chainsaw and dusted it off. It hadn't been used in some time. She pulled the cord a few times to get it started and then ran for Ruth, rushing past the several nurses who were jumping out of the way. It was nothing new to them but it was still terrifying none the less. Just before Alyssa reached the biobed she let the chainsaw die and dropping it once the blade stopped. She grabbed the medical tricorder that was currently attached to her hip and scanned. "Hmm, circulatory system seems to be fine." she replied, sounding a bit disappointed.

USS Shran - Sickbay

Ruth barely had time to speak but did manage to utter a single "...much?!" in response to Sam.

When the doc had the chainsaw running she let out one yelp.  "Doc, are you sure you have the right patient.  No amputation or autopsy required today thanks!"

While a chainsaw in a Sickbay was alarming, Ruth would normally not be concerned.  "You don't know Raynor Hughes of the KDF do you, nor the fact that it was in a Sickbay that I saved his life.  Not medically - throwing an axe past his head into the cranium of a marauding Klingon pirate.  Because of this and my heritage I'm used to having bladed weapons waved and sometimes thrown at me.  Never a chainsaw before... that's a first."

Ruth chuckled "I like you, you'd make a good Viking, however unorthodox your methods are!"

Kachina Filitov

Bridge

As the Doctor took Will away and the computer informed her that the Runabout had been safely brought into the shuttle bay, Katcha took her seat back at the helm allowing one of the Ops personnel take over from Will.

She decided to keep the ship stationary for the moment, but kept a weather eye out for whatever had done this.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 16, 2018, 01:23:26 PM

[ISS Extinction]
"A warship?" Alyssa  echoed. "Are close enough to see them on screen?" She shook her head. "No matter, they don't stand a chance. Ready the cloaking device and prepare to go into silent running mode. I want their position tracked and our heading to  match. They won't know what's coming."

[Bridge- ISS Extinction.]

"You heard the Captain, MOVE IT!" Ordered Ardyn to the junior officers, who immediately jumped into action. They knew the consequences quite well of disobeying, and she wasn't afraid of enforcing them when it became necessary. " Move closer and keep an eye on that ship. If they do ANYTHING that seems suspicious, Fire at will. Understand? It'll take some time before the cannon reloads again, but I want that thing prepped and ready." She stared at the scanners, eying the little blip on the scanners. Her trigger finger was itching. This was going to get her in a lot of trouble, but so be it. "Forget my order. Just fire at will."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kalro Zolarim

Bridge - Shran

While Kalro waited for the officers in charge to make a decision regarding the collection of debris for analysis, something on his console caught his eye.

"Sirs, some of the debris is drifting in an odd pattern inconsistent with its earlier drift vector.  It is as though the debris is responding to a gravitational or electromagnetic disturbance-"

He paused, his mind racing to the most likely explanations.  Then his fingers danced on the console, requesting that Ops provide emergency power to shields.  Doing so without orders could get him chastised, but if he was right...

He felt a lurch, and he stumbled to the deck.

Calandra Trilarck

[USS Shran - Corridor]

Calandra was never nervous and yet a small sense of dread tightened the pit of her stomach. After having dropped off her belongings in her quarters, she had decided that it was time to get familiarized with Sickbay since she was offered a small station there due to her position. Although she had spent years working for Starfleet in the Ambassador's office after her training, this was her first time ever stepping foot on a Federation starship in the capacity as an officer. A counselor, for that matter, a designation in which deep down she knew that she was not truly suited for but the vacancy immediately needed to be filled and she had jumped at the chance. the runabout that she had arrived one was filled with a sea of faces unfamiliar, filled with species that she recognized and a very few who she couldn't quite place. According to the database Calandra was the first Haliian on the ship but she knew there were many more to come due to her father's insistence on a Haliian Starfleet Exchange program, whose sole mission was to recruit young Haliians to join the academy. Although she knew that this would be a successful endeavor to broaden her native species' horizons, she could not help but feel a bit of contempt towards the program.

First, as her childhood had dictated, she was once again used as a prop by the Federation by becoming the first Haliian to ever serve on the Shran in order to test out the merits of the program. Essentially, she was a guinea pig, whose overall mission was to impress her commanding officers enough that they would continue to recommend funding for this program. Calandra didn't mind the pressure that came along with this responsibility, however, she was irked at already having to meet a high standard the minute she stepped out of that runabout.  Secondly, the only reason that her father did not put up much of a fight when she tendered her resignation was because he knew better than to sabotage the program that he had worked so diligently on. In a small way, the Ambassador's daughter was slightly grateful that her father had convinced Starfleet to expunge her Maquis' record, it was better than sitting in jail. Well, perhaps this was another jail because once again, even though she was light years away, at any moment her father could still check up on her.

The ship had been on yellow alert in the midst of some sort of investigation. Calandra's eyes were glued to the tablet as she tried to digest the information rapidly, looking up from time to time as to not knock into any oncoming officer. Something or someone had completely destroyed the Haphaestus, barely leaving any debris in its wake. The shields were of no use and it seemed that ship seemed to explode from the inside out. Curious. Her index finger clicked on the message relayed by Admiral Sandstrom and it began to play instantly, his voice echoing off of the PADD's audio system. Calandra snorted silently as he wished them luck but the curiosity that she felt about encountering members of a mirror universe filled her head with resolve as she lifted up her gaze, Sickbay's doors were now within her sight.

There was no service that she could provide to the Shran right now while the ship was underway examining the wreckage of the Hephaestus. Another chime rung out and she read that a runabout had been uncovered in the trail of the wreckage. Although she was an adept science officer, the Haliian believed it would be best to operate within the parameters of her function for the next few weeks before making herself available to the science team. For the first few months, she would concentrate solely on her duties as Counselor, including meeting with the crew members and facilitating First Contact. To her knowledge, the Shran was also receiving a new female Chief Science Officer and although Calandra wanted to get acquainted with her to assess the CSO's level of expertise, she deemed it inappropriate at this time. Instead, she continued her approach towards the doors and waited for them to open.

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Traditionally, Doctors and Counselors saw each other through the lens of colleagues. Although their roles were very different, the similarities that overlapped allowed most doctor-counselor teams to be an effective combination. Starfleet had taught her that there was strength in the combination of minds but Calandra wasn't entirely sure  she was convinced of this. In this case, having a Doctor of a higher ranking working with her in Sickbay essentially meant that Doctor Meadows was her commanding officer. Therefore, her boss. Even during her days spent gallivanting around with the Maquis, there was an order and hierarchy that protocol dictated she adhere to. However, Calandra was worried as the Shran seemed to be more of a lax, unconventional ship. One thing that Calandra couldn't stand was laziness. Even though she came from a place of privilege, she had spent her entire life working to achieve her goals, never using her societal place as an excuse for her lack of production.

Calandra's eyes scanned the Sickbay as she entered, taking in the large room that contained sporadic beeping and the gentle rustling of the various medical machines.  Her eyes darted over to a blonde haired human near one of the bio bed before making their way to a crude chainsaw that had been laying on the floor. Immediately, the counselor recognized her as Lieutenant Meadows from having read over her mission briefing and the crew roster. When she opened up her mouth to speak, a voice interrupted her. "Greetings, Counselor Calandra Trilarck, identification number 33-964. I am Sam. Welcome to Sickbay."

Calandra's eyebrows shot up in surprise. While she was familiar with EMH programs and Starfleet's computer system, she had yet to encounter anything so lifelike. Even with only being able to hear the computer's voice, she noticed that the speech pattern varied, giving him an almost conversational tone of voice. It appeared to her that this system had personality, some sort of complex matrices in its personality subroutines that gave it artificial intelligence. Even though she was impressed, her face remained stoic and did not move, "Artifical intelligence assisting Sickbay?" She asked Doctor Meadows before her attention drifted to a redheaded woman that she vaguely recognized from the runabout trip to the ship and young man lying in the bed. Calandra took a step forward to further survey the room, "Crewman Counselor Calandra Trilarck reporting for duty. You must be Dr. Meadows," she assessed, her face never bending to a friendly expression.

Before she could inquire as to who the other two crew members were in Sickbay, the entire room began to rumble as if an earthquake ripped right through. Calandra's placed her arms at her sides to steady her balance and bent her knees slightly to absorb the vibrations of the shock. Instinctually, she grabbed a chair, using it to stabilize her balance. After the rumbling subsided, she heard the alarm blare signalling Red Alert. Locking her knees back up, she straightened out her spine and stood erect. "More importantly, what was that?"

Witches can be right, giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good. - No One Is Alone, Sondheim

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Bridge]

As some of the newer crewmembers made their way onto the bridge during the yellow alert, Caelene glanced back to see who had come onto the bridge. A woman in sciences teal and a man in services yellow. She didn't recognize either of them offhand, but the man was in fact a Zakdorn and unless she was mistaken, he had been assigned to the Security/Tactical department. The Trill turned back to the Engineering console and made a few adjustments.

Her attention went back to the bridge as a commotion started. As she looked over, her eyes went wide as she watched Will faint at the sight of the woman in teal. Apparently they had known each other... Everything seemed to be happening quickly, then. Caelene watched as people scrambled to help the Chief Operations Officer and, after a brief glance at the console, she made her way over as well. There was little she could do, but she was relieved when Medical arrived to help.

With that situation settled, she made her way back to the center of the bridge. Raising an eyebrow at James, she shook her head slightly. With a killer ship on the loose, they really didn't need additional issues. Caelene was relieved to hear that the shuttle they'd found was retrieved successfully. Perhaps the survivors could tell them more...

Quote from: Kalro Zolarim on January 16, 2018, 01:33:22 PM

"Sirs, he suggested, "if this runabout is from a ship destroyed by our mirror-universe adversary, I wonder if it might be possible to beam aboard some small pieces of the local starship debris.  Perhaps into storage bay three.  Even two or three pieces of the outer hull would give us useful information.  Analyzing molecular changes to hull materials could tell us the strength and EM frequency of the threat-vessel's weapon systems.  In any eventual confrontation, we may be able to optimize our own shield frequencies based on what we learn.  It could give us a tactical advantage in a fight."

Caelene, hearing the request, glanced over at James before turning towards the Zakdorn, "Go ahead Ensign. Any information we gain would be helpful. I'd like a containment field around it though, at least until we ensure that there are no dangerous residual material..we don't know exactly what that ship is using. Also, please ask someone from your department to help analyze it; I'll contact Engineering and do the same."

=A=Tam to Engineering. I need someone to meet up with one of the Security/Tactical personnel in Storage Bay Three to analyze some debris from the ship that was destroyed and help determine what kind of weaponry was used so we can potentially adjust our shields and defenses to be more effective. Report back with any relevant findings. Tam out.=A= Although Caelene wasn't entirely sure who would go help with the analysis, she trusted those in Engineering to find someone suitable. They'd recently gained a new Engineering Officer, a Lieutenant Miller, who she still needed to formally meet. She frowned slightly. Normally she would have already met him, but with her additional duties as Executive Officer and some conflicting shifts, she hadn't had the chance. It was something that had been on her agenda for the day.

Quote from: Kalro Zolarim on January 17, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

"Sirs, some of the debris is drifting in an odd pattern inconsistent with its earlier drift vector.  It is as though the debris is responding to a gravitational or electromagnetic disturbance-"

He paused, his mind racing to the most likely explanations.  Then his fingers danced on the console, requesting that Ops provide emergency power to shields.  Doing so without orders could get him chastised, but if he was right...

When things calmed down a bit, Caelene moved back to the Engineering console to continue to monitor their systems and power requirements for the ship. Once again the Zakdorn caught her attention. "Can you make a determination of what is causing it, Ensign...or perhaps Commander Garrison," the Trill asked, addressing them both.

Seeing the request for emergency power to the shields, she frowned. Apparently the Ensign hadn't realized that she was taking care of Engineering duties on the bridge at the moment, but what really concerned her was the request itself. However, Caelene would rather err on the side of caution, so she quickly tapped on the power distribution command menu and transferred power over to the shields.

OFF: Tag to Kalro, Miller, Garrison, possibly Hawke

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 17, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

USS Shran - Sickbay

Ruth barely had time to speak but did manage to utter a single "...much?!" in response to Sam.

When the doc had the chainsaw running she let out one yelp.  "Doc, are you sure you have the right patient.  No amputation or autopsy required today thanks!"

While a chainsaw in a Sickbay was alarming, Ruth would normally not be concerned.  "You don't know Raynor Hughes of the KDF do you, nor the fact that it was in a Sickbay that I saved his life.  Not medically - throwing an axe past his head into the cranium of a marauding Klingon pirate.  Because of this and my heritage I'm used to having bladed weapons waved and sometimes thrown at me.  Never a chainsaw before... that's a first."

Ruth chuckled "I like you, you'd make a good Viking, however unorthodox your methods are!"

[Sickbay]
Alyssa smirked at the comment. The smirk was her way of not trying to laugh about her previous comments she had decided that Ruth was growing on her. "I've been compared to many things, but never a viking." She replied. "But you know what they say at the academy: expect the unexpected. I make it my job to keep everyone else on their toes." She took a few more standard scans and nodded. "You're good to go. If you want to talk with Will now, that's fine. Let me know if he passes out again."

She closed her tricorder and reached down to pick her chainsaw up when a crewman approached her.

Quote from: Calandra Trilarck on January 18, 2018, 02:55:26 AM

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Traditionally, Doctors and Counselors saw each other through the lens of colleagues. Although their roles were very different, the similarities that overlapped allowed most doctor-counselor teams to be an effective combination. Starfleet had taught her that there was strength in the combination of minds but Calandra wasn't entirely sure  she was convinced of this. In this case, having a Doctor of a higher ranking working with her in Sickbay essentially meant that Doctor Meadows was her commanding officer. Therefore, her boss. Even during her days spent gallivanting around with the Maquis, there was an order and hierarchy that protocol dictated she adhere to. However, Calandra was worried as the Shran seemed to be more of a lax, unconventional ship. One thing that Calandra couldn't stand was laziness. Even though she came from a place of privilege, she had spent her entire life working to achieve her goals, never using her societal place as an excuse for her lack of production.

Calandra's eyes scanned the Sickbay as she entered, taking in the large room that contained sporadic beeping and the gentle rustling of the various medical machines.  Her eyes darted over to a blonde haired human near one of the bio bed before making their way to a crude chainsaw that had been laying on the floor. Immediately, the counselor recognized her as Lieutenant Meadows from having read over her mission briefing and the crew roster. When she opened up her mouth to speak, a voice interrupted her. "Greetings, Counselor Calandra Trilarck, identification number 35-964. I am Sam. Welcome to Sickbay."

Calandra's eyebrows shot up in surprise. While she was familiar with EMH programs and Starfleet's computer system, she had yet to encounter anything so lifelike. Even with only being able to hear the computer's voice, she noticed that the speech pattern varied, giving him an almost conversational tone of voice. It appeared to her that this system had personality, some sort of complex matrices in its personality subroutines that gave it artificial intelligence. Even though she was impressed, her face remained stoic and did not move, "Artifical intelligence assisting Sickbay?" She asked Doctor Meadows before her attention drifted to a redheaded woman that she vaguely recognized from the runabout trip to the ship and young man lying in the bed. Calandra took a step forward to further survey the room, "Crewman Counselor Calandra Trilarck reporting for duty. You must be Dr. Meadows," she assessed, her face never bending to a friendly expression.

Before she could inquire as to who the other two crew members were in Sickbay, the entire room began to rumble as if an earthquake ripped right through. Calandra's placed her arms at her sides to steady her balance and bent her knees slightly to absorb the vibrations of the shock. Instinctually, she grabbed a chair, using it to stabilize her balance. After the rumbling subsided, she heard the alarm blare signalling Red Alert. Locking her knees back up, she straightened out her spine and stood erect. "More importantly, what was that?"

"Yeah, the AI is new to me too. Doctor Meadows, it's a pleasure." She said. She looked at the counselor and then down at her chainsaw before looking back up. "Don't mind this, I just got done with a physical." She said.

When the ship shook, Alyssa stumbled forward and the chainsaw flew out of her arms. A nurse on the other side of the room saw this. "The bitch lost her grip!" They shouted. "Watch out for the chainsaw."

In an attempt to stabilize herself from the change in inertia, Alyssa had grabbed hold of a nearby biobed. When the shaking had stopped she straightened up and walked to towards the now resting chainsaw. "Either the pilot is drunk, engineering blew something up, or we're under attack."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

"Doctor, I assume that wasn't one of your 'methods'?!" Ruth asked of Garrison.  With the klaxxon now blaring out Red Alert she pulled at the restraints.  "May I be released? In case we need to evacuate or if the CSO requires me back on the Bridge.  I won't go unless requested as I really do have to sort out with Will... ah Cmdr. Waring but either way I'd like the option to move if I need to!"

She turned to the newcomer to the Sickbay and offered a smile.  "Way to make an entrance Counsellor!" she grinned.  "Not everyone gets ushered in with the ship being hit and red alert sounding!  Lt. Ruth Sigurdsdottir... I would shake but our doctor has some 'methods' for physicals!"

She looked over at Will.  "However, when this commotion, and the one I've caused is over, Mr. Waring might be in need of some sessions with you I'm afraid.  I can give you my side of events if you think that might help with assisting him." Ruth offered by way of trying to calm down the situation.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 18, 2018, 09:10:55 AM

[Sickbay]
Alyssa smirked at the comment. The smirk was her way of not trying to laugh about her previous comments she had decided that Ruth was growing on her. "I've been compared to many things, but never a viking." She replied. "But you know what they say at the academy: expect the unexpected. I make it my job to keep everyone else on their toes." She took a few more standard scans and nodded. "You're good to go. If you want to talk with Will now, that's fine. Let me know if he passes out again."

"Thanks doc,.." Ruth said, and turned to the Counsellor.  "I'll go do that now, and oh..." she put her hand out and shook that of the Counsellors.  "I can now that the good doctor is over her bondage fetish!" she joked, again trying to be jolly in the face of the ship obviously being under attack.

"Either the pilot is drunk, engineering blew something up, or we're under attack."

"From my experience I'd definitely say the latter.  Katcha was fine and not been at the Stolchi last time I saw her prior to coming down here.  Besides she's too professional for that.  Attack it is and unless I'm needed I'll go talk to Will... it might be the only chance I get."

Walking over to Will she smiled and laid a gentle hand on his upper arm.

"Will dear, please don't panic, it is me, and I'm alive.  I'm here to explain what it was that took me from your side that wasn't Freya and the valkyries calling this shieldmaiden home..."

William Waring

[Sickbay]

Since leaving the Bridge everything was a blur and it was in no small part to his brain trying to avoid reliving the trauma it had gone through not all that long ago. He was only vaguely aware of the klaxons and others present as he sat on the biobed.

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 18, 2018, 09:20:53 AM

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Walking over to Will she smiled and laid a gentle hand on his upper arm.

"Will dear, please don't panic, it is me, and I'm alive.  I'm here to explain what it was that took me from your side that wasn't Freya and the valkyries calling this shieldmaiden home..."

Will pulled away as he snapped back to reality, his body now on full alert. He saw Ruth standing there and he felt his anger bubbling again as she spoke.

"Why....why are you here!? Is this some sick twisted joke!? All part of some endgame!? Pretend to be close to me then ditch me without saying anything!? You knew what I suffered previously yet you still did it!? Do you have any idea of what was going to happen the day you vanished!? No, you don't! I was going to propose to you! I figured you loved me and I wanted you to become my wife! You have no idea how crushing it is to save credits to buy a nice ring only to sit and wait, and wait, and wait for no one to come home that night!" He finally cracked and started sobbing on the biobed "So much pain... just end it all"

RESERVED

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: William Waring on January 18, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

[Sickbay]

Since leaving the Bridge everything was a blur and it was in no small part to his brain trying to avoid reliving the trauma it had gone through not all that long ago. He was only vaguely aware of the klaxons and others present as he sat on the biobed.Will pulled away as he snapped back to reality, his body now on full alert. He saw Ruth standing there and he felt his anger bubbling again as she spoke.

"Why....why are you here!? Is this some sick twisted joke!? All part of some endgame!? Pretend to be close to me then ditch me without saying anything!? You knew what I suffered previously yet you still did it!? Do you have any idea of what was going to happen the day you vanished!? No, you don't! I was going to propose to you! I figured you loved me and I wanted you to become my wife! You have no idea how crushing it is to save credits to buy a nice ring only to sit and wait, and wait, and wait for no one to come home that night!" He finally cracked and started sobbing on the biobed "So much pain... just end it all"

[USS Shran - Sickbay]

Ruth had to sit sharply on the biobed behind her or she would have been the one passing out.  'Propose to me, ' she said to herself.  '...oh by Freya and Odin this is worse than I thought.'

"I'll try to answer those questions in order, Will dear, and hope that you will forgive me and understand."  She swallowed as the tears started to flow unchecked down her face.

"Why I'm here I presume you mean on this ship and not precisely in Sickbay.  Simple answer is 'orders'.  I didn't know that you were here specifically before I got my orders to report to the Shran... I only found that out when I looked at the manifest, and I hoped that we could resume our relationship.  I realised that it might take some time to get back to where we had been, but that there was the possibility if you still felt the same way."

The flood from her green eyes were becoming so much that she dashed away some of the moisture angrily, a gesture that was borne of the frustration at herself for being so weak as to allow her emotions to show.

"It's not a joke or intended to hurt, like I say, I had no idea you were here until I was already on the ship, and then I thought it was some kind of nicety on the part of the Gods to give me a second chance to be with you.  Oh Will... I did and still do love you, I never wanted to go away.  I always said didn't I that it would only be Death that took me from your side, or the Fleet ordering me away! But even then my heart would still be with you.  It still is and always was.  But... I didn't get a chance to say goodbye or to explain.  I was just told to go home."

Finally the grief of both the situation at hand and the loss of her parents and brother hit her full force, she audibly sobbed for a full 3 minutes hugging herself and rocking, railing in her mind against the Fates and life and the injustice of it all.

Finally looking at the blurred, at least through the haze of the big hot tears in her eyes, figure of Will she continued.

"I just got a message that I had to return to Earth, immediately, that a shuttle was coming for me and I'd be taken back to base then to Earth on the next available ship.  My parents and Kurt were killed in a motor accident, and the twins - you remember them? Arya and Katya needed someone to look after them and have the affairs of the farm sorted so that I could come back to the fleet.  It took rather longer to deal with affairs and sort out the legal side of custodianship of my sisters so by the time I could come back my commission had been handed to someone else  and I didn't know what ship you were on.  I tried to get a message to you but time and all the court and legal battles for the girls it was nigh on impossible.  They're now in foster care on the base and safe, and I have a good couple tending the farm."

Sniffing noisily, she placed a tentative hand on Will's own hand expecting him to draw it away but hoping he wouldn't.

"I-I..." she started again, only to have the tears spurt from her eyes again, sniffing them back she tried to talk her voice breaking with the emotion.  "I didn't know Will darling, that you were going to propose to me.  I hoped it would happen one day, that we'd go live in Waring Manor, have our two children and the dogs and horses and... you know like we always dreamed.  I still remember, I still want that.  If however, you've cut me from your heart and moved on, I accept that too.  I just would like us to be friends and realise that the Gods decided otherwise.  If you still have the ring, hopefully you'll find the right person to give that to, whether that be me sometime after we've repaired our relationship, or some other girl.  But know this William Quentin Waring... whomever is lucky enough to ever have you as a husband, is getting one of the sweetest guys in the Universe."

She squeezed the hand beneath hers and tried to smile, it came out crooked but hopefully it didn't look too horrendous too Will.

"I can't say any more but, Sorry my darling man.  Can we at least be friends?  I don't think I could bear it if we weren't at least friends."

With that she let all resolve go and just started sobbing her heart out.  For the lost love and opportunity to be Will's wife, for her Mother, Father and Brother... a grief that she had hitherto had to bury for the sake of the girls and to get on with matters that needed sorting, and ultimately for the unfairness of life.

"I'm sorry Will, I'm so so sorry... sorry... sorry..." was all she could say through the hiccoughing sobs.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.