News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 17, 2017, 07:04:07 PM

Submerged Station - Upper Level

Bonnie nodded towards Rhymus. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea. We'll cross that path if it actually happens. I guess we just have to hope it doesn't." Bonnie said, following Rhymus into the accessway.

Bonnie followed Rhymus through the access way and looked around once they were through. She looked around for a moment, noting all of the doors and the different rooms and then walking over to Rhymus. She looked at the PADD which he had in his hands. "I think... It's that one." Bonnie said, pointing towards the door and walking over to it. She tapped the door panel and stopped, waiting for the door to open. She frowned and looked back to Rhymus, the door didn't budge. "Do you know how to get past this door?" Bonnie asked, pausing for a moment before continuing. "I don't want to suggest forcing the door open unless there's a different option. Then again, the station is going to be scrap soon, maybe we should force the door open."

Bonnie tapped the door panel again and this time, got a reply.

'Locked under the orders of Lieutenant James McIlroy.' The computer replied, a short audio file played afterwards, it was presumably McIlroy himself.

"If anyone is still alive and in this area, don't open the door. The room is slowly filling up with water and if it is opened it could risk the lives of everyone on the station. I did my best to stop the flooding and locked myself in to try and patch up the breach. I'm sorry. I did all I could." - The message cut off shortly after and Bonnie frowned, looking over to Rhymus.

"Surely we can't leave him in there to die. This seems wrong." She paused, letting out a deep sigh and trying to think of a solution. After a minute, she turned back towards Rhymus. "How about this, we make sure everyone is ready to evacuate and we open this once everyone is ready. Or we open it now, I don't see any other way but we can't leave this man by himself." She finished.

The situation had made this much more complicated than Bonnie thought it was going to be. Her initial fairly calm stance has been replaced with a much more nervous, and stressed out stance. She had never thought she'd have to deal with anything like this before, and why should she? Bonnie couldn't decide what she was going to eat earlier, and now she had someone's life in her hands.

"What do you think?" Bonnie asked Rhymus. Maybe he'd have a better grip on the situation, or at least she hoped so, anyway.

[Submerged Station, Upper Level]

Rhymus thought for a long time. They could just as easily leave. Find another lab to grab samples and download at least some of the data. But the man in the room would certainly drown if they left him. However, he had left himself in there, sacrificing himself for the greater good. It would be an insult to-

Screw it.

"Stand back." Rhymus said, almost pushing Bonnie out of the way of the door. He then keyed his communicator.

=/\= "Evacuation elements, be advised. The upper levels of the station are flooding rapidly. Watch for leaks and prepare for collapses throughout the lower levels. Inform Engineering teams to reinforce shields along the dorsal emitters, subsection 4E."  =/\=

He then keyed the door's console. The computer began droning on of the lock when Rhymus immediately spoke.

"Computer, Security Override code Cleroux-Alpha-Victor-Seven-Eight-Three-Zero-Six."

The door suddenly clunked, and water began leaking through the seam at a rapid rate. Grumbling, the man stood before the stuck door, digging his fingers into the small seam, and with a grunt of exasperation yanked the two pieces open to a flood of water which soaked him instantly.

As water quickly began moving through the corridors out of the room, Rhymus turned back to Bonnie looking more like a wet cat than a Security Officer.

"Is this enough water samples for you?"

Without waiting for a response, he stormed inside.

[Submerged Station - Primary Laboratory]

The large room had been nearly full of water before the dynamic duo's timely arrival, and the inside was worse for wear because of it. Several large holes in the far wall allowed water to freely enter the room, and any electronics in the area fizzed and popped as they were saturated. A couple terminals still showed standby screens, but occasionally became distorted and full of static. A single man was also found in the room, sitting against the far wall as water poured over him.

Rhymus immediately made for one of the active terminals, pointing to the man.

"Check him for vitals! He better have some so I can beat them out of him!" He shouted over the din of falling water as he began accessing the waterlogged device.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Station- enroute to Mess Hall]

As Dr Vaughan led the way Rayek took up position just behind and to the left of the doctor.  He alertly followed, mental noting their position in relation to the schematic he'd studied earlier.   He was uncertain as to why the doctor was heading to the mess hall when he'd mentioned earlier that the largest concentration of staff was located in the labs but was surprised when they arrived at the mess hall to find it quite busy.

[Mess Hall]

While the doctor spoke to the one in charge, Rayek removed his gloves to work his tricorder and smirked. It seemed the labs had been mostly cleared out, only a few life-signs were showing there now.. likely Petty Officer Rhymus and Miss Moors.  No doubt they had directed the station staff to head to the mess hall knowing Dr. Vaughan's plans.

He listened as the doctor requested the mess hall be cleared so her team could treat injured.  While the doctor gave orders to the medical techs to set up, Rayek stopped the oceanographer from leaving.  He addressed the ranking officer respectfully while denying the man permission to leave.  "Lieutenant, please remain with the group while evacuation is underway.  We do not have the luxury of time to fetch each and every staff from their office.  A team is already retrieving your project data and samples, so if you would please assist with organizing your people - we can get you evacuated that much quicker."

His words however fell on pompous ears.  "Get out of my way, Petty Officer. No one touches my data or samples without my authorization." And with that the man brushed past Rayek in a huff.

Rayek however wasn't about to be so dismissed.  He had a job to do.  He reached out and grabbed the man's wrist twisting it around and behind the man's back applying just the slightest pressure in the correct spot.  The Lieutenant was stopped still and looked ready to explode in fury.  Rayek at this point glanced over the room to have the Lt Commander intercede but he couldn't spot her.   'Where in Areinnye did she go?'

"Unhand me!" The oceanographer shouted nasally.  "I'll have you brought up on charges for this!" The officers complaint drew the attention of pretty much everyone in the room.

Rayek merely applied more pressure to the man's wrist at just the right angle that the man gaped like a fish and dropped to his knees in front of the Romulan.  Rayek leaned forward to comment quietly to the man, "Go right ahead, sir."  His voice dripped sarcasm,  "And at that time I'll be sure to mention how you endangered not just your own life but the life of everyone on this station because of your refusal to follow Evacuation procedure.  My orders come from my Captain.  His orders supercede yours Lieutenant.  Now comply or I will render you unconscious to do my job."   The man huffed a moment longer then slowly nodded at which point Rayek released him.

Rayek took a step back, in case the officer felt inclined to take a swing at him in retaliation.  His hand hovered over his phaser but the man just glared at him and waited. Á¢â,¬Ëœ Good.'

"Attention please!" Rayek called out in a voice that carried across the room. "Would all those who are not injured and have no medical training with which to assist, please grab your chair and bring it out into the hallway.  Line the chairs along the wall and await further evacuation orders from there.   The more you interfere with the medics and waste our time... the longer you will wait - I will see to that.  Is that understood?"  There were a few half-hearted yes's.  Some grumbling.  Rayek eyed those that seemed uninjured but hadn't answered  "Good.  Now get to it!" he ordered in a voice that conveyed more authority than the mere pips on his collar.

Rayek counted six individuals, including the Lieutenant, grab a chair and move out into the hall.  None looked happy about the move.  One other approached him.  "I'm not hurt, and though I don't have much medical experience I'd like to assist if I can" to which Rayek nodded and set the man to clearing aside unused tables and chairs away from the medical teams. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 17, 2017, 08:18:35 PM

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Station- enroute to Mess Hall]

As Dr Vaughan led the way Rayek took up position just behind and to the left of the doctor.  He alertly followed, mental noting their position in relation to the schematic he'd studied earlier.   He was uncertain as to why the doctor was heading to the mess hall when he'd mentioned earlier that the largest concentration of staff was located in the labs but was surprised when they arrived at the mess hall to find it quite busy.

[Mess Hall]

While the doctor spoke to the one in charge, Rayek removed his gloves to work his tricorder and smirked. It seemed the labs had been mostly cleared out, only a few life-signs were showing there now.. likely Petty Officer Rhymus and Miss Moors.  No doubt they had directed the station staff to head to the mess hall knowing Dr. Vaughan's plans.

He listened as the doctor requested the mess hall be cleared so her team could treat injured.  While the doctor gave orders to the medical techs to set up, Rayek stopped the oceanographer from leaving.  He addressed the ranking officer respectfully while denying the man permission to leave.  "Lieutenant, please remain with the group while evacuation is underway.  We do not have the luxury of time to fetch each and every staff from their office.  A team is already retrieving your project data and samples, so if you would please assist with organizing your people - we can get you evacuated that much quicker."

His words however fell on pompous ears.  "Get out of my way, Petty Officer. No one touches my data or samples without my authorization." And with that the man brushed past Rayek in a huff.

Rayek however wasn't about to be so dismissed.  He had a job to do.  He reached out and grabbed the man's wrist twisting it around and behind the man's back applying just the slightest pressure in the correct spot.  The Lieutenant was stopped still and looked ready to explode in fury.  Rayek at this point glanced over the room to have the Lt Commander intercede but he couldn't spot her.   'Where in Areinnye did she go?'

"Unhand me!" The oceanographer shouted nasally.  "I'll have you brought up on charges for this!" The officers complaint drew the attention of pretty much everyone in the room.

Rayek merely applied more pressure to the man's wrist at just the right angle that the man gaped like a fish and dropped to his knees in front of the Romulan.  Rayek leaned forward to comment quietly to the man, "Go right ahead, sir."  His voice dripped sarcasm,  "And at that time I'll be sure to mention how you endangered not just your own life but the life of everyone on this station because of your refusal to follow Evacuation procedure.  My orders come from my Captain.  His orders supercede yours Lieutenant.  Now comply or I will render you unconscious to do my job."   The man huffed a moment longer then slowly nodded at which point Rayek released him.

Rayek took a step back, in case the officer felt inclined to take a swing at him in retaliation.  His hand hovered over his phaser but the man just glared at him and waited. Á¢â,¬Ëœ Good.'

"Attention please!" Rayek called out in a voice that carried across the room. "Would all those who are not injured and have no medical training with which to assist, please grab your chair and bring it out into the hallway.  Line the chairs along the wall and await further evacuation orders from there.   The more you interfere with the medics and waste our time... the longer you will wait - I will see to that.  Is that understood?"  There were a few half-hearted yes's.  Some grumbling.  Rayek eyed those that seemed uninjured but hadn't answered  "Good.  Now get to it!" he ordered in a voice that conveyed more authority than the mere pips on his collar.

Rayek counted six individuals, including the Lieutenant, grab a chair and move out into the hall.  None looked happy about the move.  One other approached him.  "I'm not hurt, and though I don't have much medical experience I'd like to assist if I can" to which Rayek nodded and set the man to clearing aside unused tables and chairs away from the medical teams.

Submerged Station - Mess Hall

Lizzie exited out of the small treatment room, past the line of people waiting, she assumed they were the uninjured waiting for their evacuation, and back into the mess hall. She went over to one of the Techs.

"I've found the Medical Officer. She was in the middle of a full blown panic attack so I had to sedate her. Grab a stretcher and get her down to one of the shuttles, she'll be no help to us."

The Tech nodded, picked up one of the collapsible stretchers and along with another Tech, carried out the Doctors orders.

Lizzie then turned to Rayek.

"Well their medical officer is out of commission. Do we have any idea as to the number of casualties?" She asked.

While she was speaking, she started treating one of the stations researchers who had a sprained ankle.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 17, 2017, 08:15:10 PM

Rhymus thought for a long time. They could just as easily leave. Find another lab to grab samples and download at least some of the data. But the man in the room would certainly drown if they left him. However, he had left himself in there, sacrificing himself for the greater good. It would be an insult to-

Screw it.

"Stand back." Rhymus said, almost pushing Bonnie out of the way of the door. He then keyed his communicator.

=/\= "Evacuation elements, be advised. The upper levels of the station are flooding rapidly. Watch for leaks and prepare for collapses throughout the lower levels. Inform Engineering teams to reinforce shields along the dorsal emitters, subsection 4E."  =/\=

He then keyed the door's console. The computer began droning on of the lock when Rhymus immediately spoke.

"Computer, Security Override code Cleroux-Alpha-Victor-Seven-Eight-Three-Zero-Six."

The door suddenly clunked, and water began leaking through the seam at a rapid rate. Grumbling, the man stood before the stuck door, digging his fingers into the small seam, and with a grunt of exasperation yanked the two pieces open to a flood of water which soaked him instantly.

As water quickly began moving through the corridors out of the room, Rhymus turned back to Bonnie looking more like a wet cat than a Security Officer.

"Is this enough water samples for you?"

Without waiting for a response, he stormed inside.

[Submerged Station - Primary Laboratory]

The large room had been nearly full of water before the dynamic duo's timely arrival, and the inside was worse for wear because of it. Several large holes in the far wall allowed water to freely enter the room, and any electronics in the area fizzed and popped as they were saturated. A couple terminals still showed standby screens, but occasionally became distorted and full of static. A single man was also found in the room, sitting against the far wall as water poured over him.

Rhymus immediately made for one of the active terminals, pointing to the man.

"Check him for vitals! He better have some so I can beat them out of him!" He shouted over the din of falling water as he began accessing the waterlogged device.

Station - Primary Lab

Bonnie stood back as Rhymus keyed the door open. She followed him in and looked over to him when he asked the question. "Of course. However, I need soil samples too. surely some are locked in a cupboard somewhere." Bonnie collected some water samples from the water which had begun to pool into the rest of the station. She collected 5 samples and then looked back at Rhymus as he called Bonnie to check the man.

Bonnie ran over to the man and leant forward into the water, she got hold of the man over her shoulder and begun to lift him up. he was heavy, there was no doubt about that and Bonnie struggled to get him up; when she finally did, she walked backed out of the room with ease and placed him in the corridor, where the water had only just started to pool.

Station - Upper Level

Bonnie grabbed the mans arm and placed it on his wrist, looking for a sign of a pulse. She placed it on his neck instead, she couldn't feel anything there, but she always found that the neck was easier to get the pulse from.

"I've got it, it's weak. Very weak. He's not breathing properly." Bonnie placed herself in front of the man, putting her lips on his and breathing out heavily. If she could get some air into his lungs, hopefully he might come around. "Come on. We can do this." She said between breaths, she put her hand in front of his nose after and she smiled, and looked over to Rhymus. "He's breathing." When she put her hand in front of his nose again, just to make sure she was right, she frowned. "His breathing is irregular. He must have taken some water into his lungs. We need to get it out or he'll drown." With that in mind, Bonnie placed her hands on his stomach and pushed down hard. A small amount of water slowly drained out of his mouth, Bonnie did it again, and again, and again, as she pressed more water came out but only a little. She turned around and looked over to Rhymus. "Can you press down on his stomach, hard? I might be able to lift him but that takes my whole body strength, not just my arms." As soon as Rhymus took over, Bonnie stood up. She was in her element at that point, she hadn't done medicine in a while now and she forgot how exhilarating it could be, she decided that if she went back to working as a doctor, she certainly wouldn't become a GP again.

"I'm going to look for the soil samples. Keep pressing until you think all of the water is out. Don't stop either, even if you hear something break. It's more important that we get him breathing than intact." Bonnie walked back into the room.

Station - Primary Lab

Bonnie quickly scanned the room for anything that might store the samples took notes of every box in the room that looked suspicious, she entered further into the room. It wasn't long until she was knee deep in water, soaking from top to bottom, but she had to lean in earlier otherwise she wouldn't have got the man. It was necessary, and Bonnie didn't mind because of it.

Bonnie searched through several of the crates and found nothing but various science tools and such, she looked back up and sighed heavily, she'd be under soon so she had to get it done and fast. She walked over to a cupboard which had a lock on it and looked around. She grabbed a long thin tool and placed it between the gap, she pulled hard and the metal slowly bent back. Once she had pulled it back far enough, she dropped the tool and smiled. That was one strong tool, she thought. She dug through the contents of the locked cupboard and pulled everything out, dropping it behind her if it wasn't needed. When she had finally got right to the back of the cupboard, she pulled out a container and opened it. "I got them." Bonnie said, putting the soil samples into the container she had brought herself. As soon as she had fit in as many as she could, both water and soil, she stood up and walked back to Rhymus.

Station - Upper Level

"I got the samples." Bonnie said, lowering herself down next to the man. "Is he alright?" Bonnie finished.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Elijah Aldin on November 17, 2017, 12:28:57 AM

:: Station Leviathan | Corridor ::

Because the station was on alert status, the lighting was dimmed. It wasn't the harsh red that one might encounter on a starship, which was great because red was not among Elijah's preferred colors... not even close actually, it made him nervous. As colors went, colors of lights particularly, the best color was green. It was calming. White was not, especially on this station, where the white bulkheads amplified the brightness.

There was creaking and moaning though, from the structural members. "Not rated for more than 1.6 kilometers." Elijah noted to himself. The station, submerged to it's maximum rated depth would be able to sustain 160.653 atmospheres of pressure indefinitely. at four miles down, that pressure was now..."six hundred thirty nine point six one two atmospheres." Elijah said in his standard aloof lilt. "The station will collapse." He concluded in the same tone, belying the fact that he and the rest of the crew, to his knowledge, had no immediate prospects for evacuating it. Currently it was not a concern though, as his focus now was restoring communications, even though the civilian scientist had told him to remain in his quarters. "He's a wasted blowjob." the young Ensign almost laughed to himself, repeating his dad's assessment. After hearing that five days ago, the phrase had often come back to him at inopportune times. He'd said it once in the computer lab. Luckily there was only one other person there, who had learned that he needn't respond to everything that Elijah said.

Knowing that in order to be evacuated, communications must be restored,  his repairs to the subspace antenna seemed more urgent. He picked up his speed from his usual meandering gait to what his dad referred to as with a purpose.

"Y-you are Dylan Torngate." Elijah offered neutrally, belying surprise or excitement, both of which he felt. "You played for the Pike City Pioneers in twenty three eighty eight and eighty nine. Your batting average was... crap." another phrased picked up from the old man. "Now you're a Captain. Good. The... station is going to collapse. I'm going to fix the subspace antenna. It's broken and the engineers thought there were only four of them." Elijah's gaze while conferring with the captain had begun at his rank, moved to his undershirt, which was red so it didn't stay there long and came finally to rest on the space behind Torngate, which was where he wanted to go.

He started to move, but stopped himself. Torngate would no doubt have a reply to his report, which he would need to be present to hear. Although since they had communicators, he could just call and talk to him that way, which would have been preferable. However Elijah discovered in his first year at the Academy that this was not acceptable. So he waited.

[Corridor]

Dylan raised an eyebrow in amusement as the man appraised him. Not usually how he met an Ensign, but it was a welcome and refreshing greeting. Some... originality, at least. "That's... correct, though I'll dispute the assessment of my hitting. Though how you remember that, I'm impressed. "But now's not the time to play ball. We're evacuating the station aboard shuttlecraft. The subspace antenna is no longer a priority. New objective for the two of us is to download as much of the station's memory banks as possible, and gather all pertinent data. What's the status of the research?" he asked, before looking around and trying to find his way to the science labs.

Outside, the station groaned, shifting slightly as the metal shrieked in protest. A small trickle of water began to leak into the shuttlebay, plopping directly on the forehead of at least one unlucky individual there. Inside, pressure alarms began to sound, indicating a failure somewhere.

The station settled, but wasn't safe by any means. =/\= Torngate to all hands, let's wrap this up quick. Go as fast as you can while still being safe. =/\= he said, cutting the channel. "Ensign. What's the station's plans for evacuation?"

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 18, 2017, 01:59:02 PM

[Corridor]

Dylan raised an eyebrow in amusement as the man appraised him. Not usually how he met an Ensign, but it was a welcome and refreshing greeting. Some... originality, at least. "That's... correct, though I'll dispute the assessment of my hitting. Though how you remember that, I'm impressed. "But now's not the time to play ball. We're evacuating the station aboard shuttlecraft. The subspace antenna is no longer a priority. New objective for the two of us is to download as much of the station's memory banks as possible, and gather all pertinent data. What's the status of the research?" he asked, before looking around and trying to find his way to the science labs.

Outside, the station groaned, shifting slightly as the metal shrieked in protest. A small trickle of water began to leak into the shuttlebay, plopping directly on the forehead of at least one unlucky individual there. Inside, pressure alarms began to sound, indicating a failure somewhere.

The station settled, but wasn't safe by any means. =/\= Torngate to all hands, let's wrap this up quick. Go as fast as you can while still being safe. =/\= he said, cutting the channel. "Ensign. What's the station's plans for evacuation?"

Mess Hall

Lizzie had just injected the injured researcher with an anti-inflammatory and applied a compression bandage for support when the alarms went off. She immediately turned to her team.

"Everybody. Back to the Shuttles." She called, doing a quick headcount. There were 15 in and around the Mess hall, not including the Challenger personnel. "We can get everyone out in our two type 8's. It'll be a bit of a squeeze but it'll work." She concluded.

She coordinated the injured. Thankfully none needed stretchers. She left the uninjured personnel to Rayek. Picking up some supplies, she headed for the turbolift, leading the first group. Before she got to the lift she turned to Rayek.

"Take charge here Mr Rayek. I want everyone down to the shuttles. No excuses, Understood?" She asked.

In Memorium.

Lek

[Corridor]

[Station engineering]

Lek had just accessed the station's power system when he heard the message from the captain. He could see the station was already running at maximum output and didn't have anything left to add to structural integrity.

"I concur with the evacuation order, this station is doomed." He muttered as he saw the readouts.

"I've got one trick left, but it's not a good one, which has been a pretty standard option these last few missions."

Lek took every system, not structural integrity and shielding offline, including life support. The station was already colder and the air thinner than Starfleet standard, but even with life support completely off, the station would implode from the pressure before anyone froze or asphyxiated.  Lek tapped his commbadge.

=/\= "Lieutenant Lek to all hands. I've boosted the structural integrity field by sacrificing life support. According to the readouts in engineering, that gives the station an additional twenty minutes before complete collapse. All hands abandon station. Repeat. All hands abandon station. This is not a drill. All hands to the shuttles for immediate departure."  =/\=

As soon as he made his announcement, Lek hurried back for the Chaffee to heed his own warning.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Station Á¢â,¬"œ Mess Hall]

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 18, 2017, 05:27:42 AM

Submerged Station - Mess Hall

"Well their medical officer is out of commission. Do we have any idea as to the number of casualties?" She asked.

While she was speaking, she started treating one of the stations researchers who had a sprained ankle.

"We have eight injured here in the Mess and your sedated medic.  Seven uninjured in the hall or assisting with the injured.  That leaves three unaccounted for according to the stations last roster." Rayek answered.  He was about to suggest having the uninjured Á¢â,¬Ëœbuddy up' with an injured to assist with evacuating when calls began to come in.
Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 17, 2017, 08:15:10 PM

Rayek noted this.  "Doctor, we should begin loading the station staff that we have accounted.  Once they are loaded, I will begin a search for the missing three."

[Corridor]

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 18, 2017, 02:08:39 PM

Mess Hall

"Everybody. Back to the Shuttles." She called, doing a quick headcount. There were 15 in and around the Mess hall, not including the Challenger personnel. "We can get everyone out in our two type 8's. It'll be a bit of a squeeze but it'll work." She concluded.

She coordinated the injured. Thankfully none needed stretchers. She left the uninjured personnel to Rayek. Picking up some supplies, she headed for the turbolift, leading the first group. Before she got to the lift she turned to Rayek.

"Take charge here Mr Rayek. I want everyone down to the shuttles. No excuses, Understood?" She asked.

Rayek acknowledged Dr. Vaughan's order with his usual "Yes, ma'am" and moved out into the hall to get the uninjured to assist.  He noted with a grimace that the previous Lieutenant oceanographer was no longer out in the hall.  Fvadt! "Alright attention everyone! We are about to leave.  Each one of you will buddy up with one of the injured - one at a time as they exit the Mess Hall. You will assist the most serious cases into the McAuliffe - following the medical staff instructions.  Once the McNair is loaded to Dr. Vaughan's satisfaction those remaining will board in the rear of the Resnik.  Understood?"

This time his words were met with a bit more enthusiasm - seemed that the staff were ready to leave.

Quote from: Lek on November 18, 2017, 02:55:25 PM

[Station engineering]
=/\= "Lieutenant Lek to all hands. I've boosted the structural integrity field by sacrificing life support. According to the readouts in engineering, that gives the station an additional twenty minutes before complete collapse. All hands abandon station. Repeat. All hands abandon station. This is not a drill. All hands to the shuttles for immediate departure."  =/\=

"Alright you heard the man, time to go.  Buddy up!  Injured to the McAuliffe first!" Rayek called out and repeated as he oversaw the exodus from the Mess Hall.

Only after the last man left the Mess Hall, did Rayek follow.  He remained at the back of the line, and worked at his tricorder as he attempted to get more exact locations of the remaining lifesign readings.  They now had 4 station staff missing and differentiating them from the Challenger crew who were completing their assigned missions wasn't an easy task.

=/\= "Rayek to all hands.  Evacuation of station staff is underway.  Team Soyuz has accounted for 15 station members.  Please report any station staff you have encountered and their medical status. Over." =/\=

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 18, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Station Á¢â,¬"œ Mess Hall]

"We have eight injured here in the Mess and your sedated medic.  Seven uninjured in the hall or assisting with the injured.  That leaves three unaccounted for according to the stations last roster." Rayek answered.  He was about to suggest having the uninjured Á¢â,¬Ëœbuddy up' with an injured to assist with evacuating when calls began to come in.

Rayek noted this.  "Doctor, we should begin loading the station staff that we have accounted.  Once they are loaded, I will begin a search for the missing three."

Rayek acknowledged Dr. Vaughan's order with his usual "Yes, ma'am" and moved out into the hall to get the uninjured to assist.  He noted with a grimace that the previous Lieutenant oceanographer was no longer out in the hall.  Fvadt! "Alright attention everyone! We are about to leave.  Each one of you will buddy up with one of the injured - one at a time as they exit the Mess Hall. You will assist the most serious cases into the McAuliffe - following the medical staff instructions.  Once the McNair is loaded to Dr. Vaughan's satisfaction those remaining will board in the rear of the Resnik.  Understood?"

This time his words were met with a bit more enthusiasm - seemed that the staff were ready to leave.

"Alright you heard the man, time to go.  Buddy up!  Injured to the McAuliffe first!" Rayek called out and repeated as he oversaw the exodus from the Mess Hall.

Only after the last man left the Mess Hall, did Rayek follow.  He remained at the back of the line, and worked at his tricorder as he attempted to get more exact locations of the remaining lifesign readings.  They now had 4 station staff missing and differentiating them from the Challenger crew who were completing their assigned missions wasn't an easy task.

=/\= "Rayek to all hands.  Evacuation of station staff is underway.  Team Soyuz has accounted for 15 station members.  Please report any station staff you have encountered and their medical status. Over." =/\=

Mess Hall

Lizzie nodded and tapped her com-badge.

"Vaughan to Loginoff. Please prepare the shuttles for emergency launch, we need to depart as soon as the casualties are loaded. =/\=

=/\= Understood Doktor. Ve vill be ready. Loginiff out! =/\=

The channel closed and Lizzie led her group into the turbolift, taking it down to the auxiliary docking area.

Corridor next to Auxiliary Docking Platform

As soon as the turbolift doors opened, Lizzie led her group over to the McAuliffe and began loading them aboard. She immediately saw that the still unconscious Medical Officer was now strapped into one of the seats. She got her group of 6 on board and waited to see if they needed to load any others.

In Memorium.

Kyan Mackenzie

[Corridor]

Elijah made the attempt to listen and take in the Captain's monologue because most of it was likely things important to know. However, it simply wasn't in the cards. His own thoughts drowned that out for the most part, as well as the pressure alarms, and the groaning of the station's structural members. Torngate's garish red shirt wasn't helpful either, although he'd learned to block that out somewhat. The only part that made it through the cacophony of words, sights, sounds, and other thoughts were that they would be evacuating the station via shuttlecraft. It was time to go, which was expected. That meant that he would need to return to his cabin and collect his belongings.

"All right." he replied neutrally, turning on his heel to go back to his quarters.

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 18, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

Station - Primary Lab

Bonnie stood back as Rhymus keyed the door open. She followed him in and looked over to him when he asked the question. "Of course. However, I need soil samples too. surely some are locked in a cupboard somewhere." Bonnie collected some water samples from the water which had begun to pool into the rest of the station. She collected 5 samples and then looked back at Rhymus as he called Bonnie to check the man.

Bonnie ran over to the man and leant forward into the water, she got hold of the man over her shoulder and begun to lift him up. he was heavy, there was no doubt about that and Bonnie struggled to get him up; when she finally did, she walked backed out of the room with ease and placed him in the corridor, where the water had only just started to pool.

Station - Upper Level

Bonnie grabbed the mans arm and placed it on his wrist, looking for a sign of a pulse. She placed it on his neck instead, she couldn't feel anything there, but she always found that the neck was easier to get the pulse from.

"I've got it, it's weak. Very weak. He's not breathing properly." Bonnie placed herself in front of the man, putting her lips on his and breathing out heavily. If she could get some air into his lungs, hopefully he might come around. "Come on. We can do this." She said between breaths, she put her hand in front of his nose after and she smiled, and looked over to Rhymus. "He's breathing." When she put her hand in front of his nose again, just to make sure she was right, she frowned. "His breathing is irregular. He must have taken some water into his lungs. We need to get it out or he'll drown." With that in mind, Bonnie placed her hands on his stomach and pushed down hard. A small amount of water slowly drained out of his mouth, Bonnie did it again, and again, and again, as she pressed more water came out but only a little. She turned around and looked over to Rhymus. "Can you press down on his stomach, hard? I might be able to lift him but that takes my whole body strength, not just my arms." As soon as Rhymus took over, Bonnie stood up. She was in her element at that point, she hadn't done medicine in a while now and she forgot how exhilarating it could be, she decided that if she went back to working as a doctor, she certainly wouldn't become a GP again.

"I'm going to look for the soil samples. Keep pressing until you think all of the water is out. Don't stop either, even if you hear something break. It's more important that we get him breathing than intact." Bonnie walked back into the room.

Station - Primary Lab

Bonnie quickly scanned the room for anything that might store the samples took notes of every box in the room that looked suspicious, she entered further into the room. It wasn't long until she was knee deep in water, soaking from top to bottom, but she had to lean in earlier otherwise she wouldn't have got the man. It was necessary, and Bonnie didn't mind because of it.

Bonnie searched through several of the crates and found nothing but various science tools and such, she looked back up and sighed heavily, she'd be under soon so she had to get it done and fast. She walked over to a cupboard which had a lock on it and looked around. She grabbed a long thin tool and placed it between the gap, she pulled hard and the metal slowly bent back. Once she had pulled it back far enough, she dropped the tool and smiled. That was one strong tool, she thought. She dug through the contents of the locked cupboard and pulled everything out, dropping it behind her if it wasn't needed. When she had finally got right to the back of the cupboard, she pulled out a container and opened it. "I got them." Bonnie said, putting the soil samples into the container she had brought herself. As soon as she had fit in as many as she could, both water and soil, she stood up and walked back to Rhymus.

Station - Upper Level

"I got the samples." Bonnie said, lowering herself down next to the man. "Is he alright?" Bonnie finished.

Rhymus was all but punching the man in the gut. His stupidity had put them in this situation, and Rhymus had a growing need to give the man what for because of it. But now wasn't the time. He glanced towards the man's mouth as he pressed down, watching for water. When almost none came up, he nodded.

"He'll live. Until I get my hands on him again." He grumbled, throwing the man over his shoulders into a fireman carry.

"Let's get out of here before we end up 20,000 leagues under the sea!" He shifted the man to a more comfortable postion and began to jog back towards the elevator.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 19, 2017, 12:42:22 AM

Rhymus was all but punching the man in the gut. His stupidity had put them in this situation, and Rhymus had a growing need to give the man what for because of it. But now wasn't the time. He glanced towards the man's mouth as he pressed down, watching for water. When almost none came up, he nodded.

"He'll live. Until I get my hands on him again." He grumbled, throwing the man over his shoulders into a fireman carry.

"Let's get out of here before we end up 20,000 leagues under the sea!" He shifted the man to a more comfortable postion and began to jog back towards the elevator.

Station - Upper Level

Bonnie nodded as Rhymus rose and let him lead the way back to the access hatch. Just before they were about to arrive at the turbolift, the station shook violently, Bonnie frowned. "There must've been another brea-" Bonnie was cut of by the breach right in front of them. Water started to pour in and Rhymus was hit straight on by the initial pressure of the breach, knocking him back about 20 metres. As the shrapnel of the station came in, a piece of it went straight into his leg and Rhymus was knocked out cold on the floor. The lieutenant was hurled even further as Rhymus let go of him and must be landed another 10 metres behind. Bonnie was hit by enough pressure to wind her and coughed heavily, trying to quickly regain her breath so she could move. She looked back and shook her head. "No, no, no." She said to herself, slamming her hand against the wall in frustration. She hated having to make normal decisions, and here she was, making decisions about people's lives and her own life. She put her head against the wall and closed her eyes. "Focus, Bonnie." She said to herself, she slowed her breathing and looked back.

Bonnie switched her focus between Rhymus and the Lieutenant. Her mind was going at 100 miles per hour, there was no way she was going to be able to focus properly like this but she had to make her mind up. Bonnie ran forward and grabbed Rhymus' hand, she dragged him quickly into the turbolift. She rested his head against the far wall and ran for the other Man, grabbing him and putting him over her arm. There was no way she'd have been able to get Rhymus up. He was simply to heavy for her to be able to carry. But this man was smaller and Bonnie managed to get him over; she made her way for the turbolif quickly.

As she closed in on the turbolif, she paused as she heard the station began to tremble. "Oh no." Bonnie quickened her pace for the turbolift but was cut short as the opposite side of the station breached, firing out and hitting her in the back. She was thrown forward about 20 metres and just like before, the Lieutenant had gone even further. She stood up and shook her head. "Sh*t!" She shouted, there was no way they'd survive this if she didn't get in now. The lieutenant was done for, doomed for the abyss, it seemed.

Bonnie ran back into the turbolift and slammed the panel. The door closed and Bonnie tapped the console. Rather than going down like it was meant to, there was nothing. Meanwhile, the turbolift had begun to fill up with water. Rhymus was nearly submerged before Bonnie did her best to raise him over her shoulder. With her other hand, Bonnie tapped the console again, and again, and again, to He told it was shut down. Bonnie tapped her commbadge.

=^="Moors to Lek, lieutenant, the power in the turbolift has been shut off and we need it turned back on otherwise we're going to die. We're on the upper level."=^= All she could do now was wait, and she hated waiting. She tapped her commbadge once more, so they were aware of the injuries. =^="Moors to Vaughan, major injuries have been sustained on Rhymus, stand by for medical attention!"=^= Bonnie Finished, sighing heavily and hoping the turbolift would finally move.

A sudden thought crossed over her mind as they were waiting, Bonnie used her telepathy to talk to Rhymus. "Rhymus, we'll make it. You'll be fine." Bonnie said, leaving it short but reassuring so hopefully he'd calm down.

OOC: I was given permission to injure Rhymus by himself.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Olivia Briggs

[Shuttle Scobee]

The PADD was laid on the arm of her chair after long being abandoned as she waited for news from her husband as to when she could leave the shuttle and begin dishing out rations and food to those on the station but as the minutes ticked by could no longer focus on what she was reading and had taken to pacing the up and down the shuttle.

Trying to focus on more positive things her son, their time in the holodeck and back home, anything to stop herself from worrying or doing anything rash, knowing her husband had her best interests at heart. Then just when she thought she was calming down, things started to go wrong as the station began to shift, the alert Klaxons sounded followed by comm chatter from various Challenger crew hearing the urgency in their voices as all hands were told to hurry up and that they only had twenty minutes before full station collapse.

" Kyle you better hurry up " she said out loud to herself and waited for Gemini Group to return.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Elijah Aldin on November 18, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

Elijah made the attempt to listen and take in the Captain's monologue because most of it was likely things important to know. However, it simply wasn't in the cards. His own thoughts drowned that out for the most part, as well as the pressure alarms, and the groaning of the station's structural members. Torngate's garish red shirt wasn't helpful either, although he'd learned to block that out somewhat. The only part that made it through the cacophony of words, sights, sounds, and other thoughts were that they would be evacuating the station via shuttlecraft. It was time to go, which was expected. That meant that he would need to return to his cabin and collect his belongings.

"All right." he replied neutrally, turning on his heel to go back to his quarters.

[Station]

Dylan frowned as the man left. "Ensign." he snapped off, sounding surprisingly forceful in his words. "I asked you a question, and you were not dismissed. Do I need to repeat myself?" he asked. What was this guy's problem... he thought, as he looked at the man.
He walked back up behind the man.

There he stood, glowering at the man, any trace of humor gone from his face. Somewhere else on the station, another part of the hull failed. If they didn't surface soon, the station would be lost entirely, with anyone onboard. Property was no longer an option to bring. Someone's incompetence had very nearly cost the crew their research. He listened for any sounds of water nearby, and heard some in the distance, uncomfortably close, all things considered.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Station Á¢â,¬"œ Corridor outside of Auxiliary Docking bay]

Rayek and the last of the station staff from the mess hall exited the turbolift and moved out into the corridor heading towards the auxiliary shuttle bay.  Rayek who had been studying his tricorder readings had two likely readings that he suspected were the missing station staff, by their location and solo-ness.  None of the Challenger crew should be fool-hardy enough to be alone in those sections of the base.

It was disconcerting that none of the Challenger teams had responded to his call, but perhaps he shouldn't be surprised.   He wasn't truly part of the team Á¢â,¬"œ not yet.

[Auxiliary Docking Bay]

He had just begun directing the loading of the Resnik with the uninjured and those with injuries too minor to require a position on the McAuliffe, when the entire station trembled.  Klaxon alarms sounded.

Rayek hurriedly ushered his group into the Resnik as he checked his tricorder.  His head came up sharply and he re-checked his readings.

"Lieutenant Commander!" He called out to gain her attention then hurried to where she was, before quietly speaking not wishing start a panic among the scientists. "We've lost a life-sign.  Upper level.  I'm unable to determine if it was station staff or one of our team members.  There are two-other life-signs in that vicinity but one looks weak."

Perhaps it was overly simplistic to suggest...since he didn't know the reason why the shuttles were used rather than the transporters in the first place.  "Should we try transporters, ma'am?"

Before she could answer, Rayek continued with his report. "We also have 3 unaccounted for station staff.  I'd like permission to retrieve them.  One seems to be wandering empty corridors Á¢â,¬"œ possibly disorientated...  the other hasn't moved from what the schematics show as a station office despite the evacuation order." Rayek suspected this was the idiot Lieutenant from earlier.  "The individual might be trapped or injured."  He tapped his tricorder to show the locations of the two solo life-signs.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.