S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie Vaughan

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie was thankful for the 5 point restraints that had been fitted as the McAuliffe entered the plant's atmosphere. Even though they were flying through the eye of the hurricane, the winds were still strong and the shuttle was being buffeted by winds that were almost 100 MPH. She shuddered what the wind speed was inside the storm proper.

As it was she was clinging to her seat, thankful that she had had the foresight to take some motions sickness medication before they departed, turning to the Techs she could see that none of them had thought to do the same as they were all going various shades of green. Between the bumps, she pulled a flask from her pocket and managed to hand it to the nearest Tech.

"Tag a swig of that and pass it on. It's non drowsy and will help with the motion sickness." She said.

The Tech managed a swig before passing the flask onto his neighbour. The queasy look already starting to fade.

After the Techs were done, the flask made it's way back to Lizzie who looked at the pilot, who despite the turbulence and having to almost fight the controls, looked like he was out for a Sunday afternoon drive.

"I don't suppose you want any Chief?" She asked as the shuttle gave another lurch.

"Niet Doktor." Loginoff replied without taking his eyes from the job at hand. "But zank you for ze offer!"
He added as an almost afterthought.

Lizzie nodded and after sealing the flask she replaced it, along with the other two she had brought along, in her med-kit.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

[Shuttle Resnik]

Rayek kept close watch on the shuttles shields and hull integrity as the pilot descended through each layer of the planet's atmosphere - the exosphere, the thermosphere, the mesosphere, the stratosphere and finally to the edge of the troposphere where the hurricane began.  The shuttle being designed for such travel had no difficulties with this part of the descent whatsoever.

It was only as they followed the McAuliffe down into the eye of the largest hurricane, at a height of over 15 km, that things got a little interesting.  The winds that buffeted the shuttle read in excess of 200 km/h even in the eye.  It was a credit to the pilot that the Resnik was able to maintain its position in formation as they descended, even as they were jostled to and fro by the gusts that blew.

Rayek called out their altitude, as certain markers were past.  "14 kilometres...  13 kilometres... "

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyle Briggs

Gemini was quickly approaching there insertion point. Kyle the comms.

=/\= Alright guys. Just like we talked about.  =/\=

He watched as Mulchano and Donahue brought their shuttles in closer and just below his own. They were almost touching nacelles with Kyle practically sitting on top of them in a sort of triangle formation. Donahue had asked about each shuttle extending it's shields to help cover the other but Kyle nixed the idea knowing that this actually weakened the shield's protection. Instead, they just rode close together, helping to protect each other.

They entered the eye of the storm and things began to get rocky almost immediately. It was pretty difficult to keep the shuttles in the center and away from the storm wall. If they were to get to close, it could tear them apart. Not just their formation but the shuttles themselves as well.

=/\= Steady fellas. Steady. =/\=

Kyle fought with his own controls but it didn't escape his attention that they were drifting to the starboard side.

=/\= Bring her back to port.  =/\=

There was no reply. He slapped his personal communicator.  =/\= Mulchano. Donahue. Report. =/\=

All he received in return was static. It was just then that Donhue's shuttle actually hit the wall of the storm. This sent the Smith spiraling out of formation.

Damn it. Not another one. Kyle thought. Not like this.

As he fought the controls to keep the Scobee inside the eye and away from the wall, he could see Chief Mulchano's shuttle hanging in there with his own. Donahue was no where to be seen.

Another damn letter. I'm sick of writing those fracking things.

His own thoughts were interrupted by another voice in his head. "Kyle. Pull yourself together. Kyle. Focus. You need to focus. If not for you and me, than do it for Elijah."

Elijah. he thought. He then turned to realize the voice was not in his head but was Olivia yelling at him from the rear of the shuttle. He regained his composure and went to work on the shuttle controls. They only had seven more kilometers to go until they cleared the storm and reached the planet's atmosphere.

He rechecked Mulchano. Still there. Several moments later, they were in the clear. Kyle tried the comm again.  =/\= Briggs to Mulchano. Report Chief.  =/\=

=/\= Still with you, Commander. I wish I could say the same for Donahue.  =/\=

Kyle could read the same sadness in the Chief's voice that he too was felling. Another crew member gone.

=/\= WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Did someone call my name?  =/\=

=/\= Donahue?!?! How the hell?  =/\=

=/\= It was one hell of a roller coaster ride, Commander. I wish you could have shared it with me.  =/\=

As happy as Kyle was to still have the man with them, he was still going to have to write that letter because now he was gonna kill Donahue.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on November 11, 2017, 02:02:45 PM

Gemini was quickly approaching there insertion point. Kyle the comms.

=/\= Alright guys. Just like we talked about.  =/\=

He watched as Mulchano and Donahue brought their shuttles in closer and just below his own. They were almost touching nacelles with Kyle practically sitting on top of them in a sort of triangle formation. Donahue had asked about each shuttle extending it's shields to help cover the other but Kyle nixed the idea knowing that this actually weakened the shield's protection. Instead, they just rode close together, helping to protect each other.

They entered the eye of the storm and things began to get rocky almost immediately. It was pretty difficult to keep the shuttles in the center and away from the storm wall. If they were to get to close, it could tear them apart. Not just their formation but the shuttles themselves as well.

=/\= Steady fellas. Steady. =/\=

Kyle fought with his own controls but it didn't escape his attention that they were drifting to the starboard side.

=/\= Bring her back to port.  =/\=

There was no reply. He slapped his personal communicator.  =/\= Mulchano. Donahue. Report. =/\=

All he received in return was static. It was just then that Donhue's shuttle actually hit the wall of the storm. This sent the Smith spiraling out of formation.

Damn it. Not another one. Kyle thought. Not like this.

As he fought the controls to keep the Scobee inside the eye and away from the wall, he could see Chief Mulchano's shuttle hanging in there with his own. Donahue was no where to be seen.

Another damn letter. I'm sick of writing those fracking things.

His own thoughts were interrupted by another voice in his head. "Kyle. Pull yourself together. Kyle. Focus. You need to focus. If not for you and me, than do it for Elijah."

Elijah. he thought. He then turned to realize the voice was not in his head but was Olivia yelling at him from the rear of the shuttle. He regained his composure and went to work on the shuttle controls. They only had seven more kilometers to go until they cleared the storm and reached the planet's atmosphere.

He rechecked Mulchano. Still there. Several moments later, they were in the clear. Kyle tried the comm again.  =/\= Briggs to Mulchano. Report Chief.  =/\=

=/\= Still with you, Commander. I wish I could say the same for Donahue.  =/\=

Kyle could read the same sadness in the Chief's voice that he too was felling. Another crew member gone.

=/\= WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Did someone call my name?  =/\=

=/\= Donahue?!?! How the hell?  =/\=

=/\= It was one hell of a roller coaster ride, Commander. I wish you could have shared it with me.  =/\=

As happy as Kyle was to still have the man with them, he was still going to have to write that letter because now he was gonna kill Donahue.

[Shuttle Scobee]

The music slowly became a slight irritation as Liv fought to keep strapped in her seat as Gemini group reached the point in the storm where they needed to get through. Thoughts ran through her head of Kyle and happier times such as their first date, their wedding, of Elijah being born to the family being reunited on the Disco. This was helping her to keep focused as the shuttle rocked and buffered but at the same time could hear everything that was going on in the front with the way her husband commanded the others making sure that they stayed together.

Knowing when he needed a little guidance as they appeared to lose contact with Mulchano and Donahue, yelling at him to focus and think of their son which worked and then finally relief at hearing the other's voices although with the way Donahue reappeared knew her husband wouldn't be too amused but at least they hadn't lost anyone.

Sitting back rubbing her shoulders where the straps had cut into her to keep her safe but that was nothing now that they were in the clear. " You did well babe " she said as her voice returned to normal.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 10, 2017, 04:14:56 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus made a few final checks before opening a channel with the Captain.

=/\= "Shuttle McNair, Soyuz Flight, checking in."  =/\=

He then looked out where Bonnie was looking, down to the massive hurricanes.

"There is a strange beauty in power, is there not? I remember reading that long ago, back on earth, people would armor their vehicles and go charging into weather like this. Tornados, hurricanes, and the like, and study them up close. Many gave their lives to see the raw power nature could unleash. It almost makes you wish you were born before the weather control system went up..."

He turned to look at her, smirking.

"Almost."

McNair

Bonnie grinned at Rhymus' comment, she nodded. "Yeah, I'd have loved to see it on a smaller scale and study it, but you aren't wrong, the weather control system is amazing and I think I prefer the weather always being nice." Bonnie paused for a moment and looked out of the view screen again, she sat down and looked at Rhymus. "How are we doing?" Bonnie asked.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 11, 2017, 03:02:59 PM

McNair

Bonnie grinned at Rhymus' comment, she nodded. "Yeah, I'd have loved to see it on a smaller scale and study it, but you aren't wrong, the weather control system is amazing and I think I prefer the weather always being nice." Bonnie paused for a moment and looked out of the view screen again, she sat down and looked at Rhymus. "How are we doing?" Bonnie asked.

[Shuttle McNair]

The shuttle began its descent into the atmosphere, the inertial dampeners making the ride smooth and steady.

"Well, Doctor, the easy part is about to be over. If you require any medication for sickness... I'd take them now."

The formation began angling their descent into the eye of one of the hurricanes, the dark abyss staring back at them, daring them to enter.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 11, 2017, 03:40:11 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

The shuttle began its descent into the atmosphere, the inertial dampeners making the ride smooth and steady.

"Well, Doctor, the easy part is about to be over. If you require any medication for sickness... I'd take them now."

The formation began angling their descent into the eye of one of the hurricanes, the dark abyss staring back at them, daring them to enter.

McNair

Bonnie raised her eyebrow in confusion, she knew it'd be rough, but she didn't think it'd be rough enough to make her feel sick. "Medication for sickness? Why would I need medic-" Bonnie was cut off as the turbulence violently forced her forward. The restraint pressed against her chest hard and winded her, she coughed heavily, trying to catch her breath and she looked over to Rhymus. "Right, that's why." she sputtered out, continuing to cough until she eventually regained her breath. She looked back up, fighting against the rest of the turbulence and tightening the restraint to avoid getting thrown forward again. 'Surely that was the worst of it.' Bonnie thought to herself.

Bonnie looked up at the roof and let out a deep sigh. "Beautiful, but not nice to fly through, evidently." Bonnie lowered her head and looked out of the view screen. The view of the hurricane from inside was just as beautiful, albeit dangerous. She smiled to herself. "And it's just as beautiful inside, even if it is throwing us around like a ball."

Realising she hadn't taken any notice to Rhymus, she looked over to make sure he was ok. After all, if he wasn't ok they wouldn't be making it out of the hurricane to the surface. "Are you ok?" Bonnie shouted over the mixture of noise coming from the hurricane and the shuttle's computer.

Lek

[Shuttlepod Chaffee]

Lek's shoulders were starting to hurt from being thrown against the restraints, but then the Chaffee hit the storm itself and Lek couldn't help from emitting one of the piercing shrieks that Ferengi were known for emitting. The shuttlepod, the smallest of the nine craft heading down to the planet skewed sideways as the full brunt of the wind hit the small craft and actually rolled perpendicular to the line of flight three times before Oveur could regain something approaching control. However, his definition of control and Lek's were vastly different as the young human rolled inverted and dove directly toward the planet.

Lek could hear his own shriek and was amazed that his upper and lower lungs had enough volume to scream that long as the Chaffee dropped like a stone through the wind. The positive aspect of the virtually uncontrolled dive was the ride smoothed out enough that Lek could see the altimeter, which became its own form of hell as the shuttlepod lost altitude at an alarming rate. A fact the computer picked up on as it began its passionless warnings.

"Warning, dive speed approaching design maximum. Recommend reducing angle and rate of descent."

Lek could barely reach the controls and he diverted every erg of energy not going to thrusters to shields and structural integrity.

"Maybe there will be enough of my body left to desiccate into the required 52 disks to sell after I'm dead."

Lek thought miserably until Oveur pulled the shuttlepod's nose up and out of the death dive. Lek glanced at the young human and saw that not only was he not terrified, but that he was laughing almost maniacally.

"Now THAT was flying!" He exclaimed as the Chaffee leveled out ten thousand meters below any of the other shuttles heading for the planet. "I've always wanted to do a split-ess and wow, was that even more amazing than I thought possible! Looks like we'll be the first ones to reach the planet too!"

Lek couldn't dignify those comments with a coherent answer and just kept feeding all available power to structural integrity.

"I was wrong about Hyoomons being insane. To be insane implies it's possible to be sane. Hyoomons are so completely deranged, psychologists of the actual sane races of the Alpha Quadrant are going to have to come up with a whole new term to describe the profound level of psychosis that Hyoomons are born with."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 11, 2017, 04:10:12 PM

McNair

Bonnie raised her eyebrow in confusion, she knew it'd be rough, but she didn't think it'd be rough enough to make her feel sick. "Medication for sickness? Why would I need medic-" Bonnie was cut off as the turbulence violently forced her forward. The restraint pressed against her chest hard and winded her, she coughed heavily, trying to catch her breath and she looked over to Rhymus. "Right, that's why." she sputtered out, continuing to cough until she eventually regained her breath. She looked back up, fighting against the rest of the turbulence and tightening the restraint to avoid getting thrown forward again. 'Surely that was the worst of it.' Bonnie thought to herself.

Bonnie looked up at the roof and let out a deep sigh. "Beautiful, but not nice to fly through, evidently." Bonnie lowered her head and looked out of the view screen. The view of the hurricane from inside was just as beautiful, albeit dangerous. She smiled to herself. "And it's just as beautiful inside, even if it is throwing us around like a ball."

Realising she hadn't taken any notice to Rhymus, she looked over to make sure he was ok. After all, if he wasn't ok they wouldn't be making it out of the hurricane to the surface. "Are you ok?" Bonnie shouted over the mixture of noise coming from the hurricane and the shuttle's computer.

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus simply grunted affirmation as he stared intently at the viewscreen, pouring every ounce of his concentration into fighting the shuttle.

The inertial dampeners were all but useless as the craft fell through the eye of the hurricane. The heavy winds buffetted the tiny ship, almost throwing her off course, or even worse, into the other shuttles in the formation.

'At this rate, we'll be slag before we make it half way down...' He thought to himself.

A sudden gust of wind threw the shuttle out of formation, and it was all the man could do to wrangle it back in.

'Maybe not even there...'

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 11, 2017, 09:04:40 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus simply grunted affirmation as he stared intently at the viewscreen, pouring every ounce of his concentration into fighting the shuttle.

The inertial dampeners were all but useless as the craft fell through the eye of the hurricane. The heavy winds buffetted the tiny ship, almost throwing her off course, or even worse, into the other shuttles in the formation.

'At this rate, we'll be slag before we make it half way down...' He thought to himself.

A sudden gust of wind threw the shuttle out of formation, and it was all the man could do to wrangle it back in.

'Maybe not even there...'

McNair

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgment to Rhymus' affirmation. She looked forward, watching the shuttle struggle through the hurricane and frowning as it got pushed side to side. She watched in silence as Rhymus concentrated and brought the shuttle into the eye of the hurricane.

Bonnie continued to watch in silence as Rhymus piloted the shuttle; the sudden gust of wind caught Bonnie off guard and as the shuttle was forced left, Bonnie moved with it and hit her head into the side of the shuttle. "Ouch!" She looked back up, and out of the shuttle, Bonnie felt disoriented and dizzy, she rubbed her hand over her head. A small throb of pain came from the area which was hit. 'On the head? Again?' Bonnie sighed and looked at Rhymus, she didn't say anything so he kept his concentration. 'We must be close to the surface now.' Bonnie thought.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

It was the sharp intake of breath from the pilot that drew Rayek's attention to the view outside just moments before a piece of debris Á¢â,¬"œ possibly a piece of sheeting torn from another shuttle - struck the Resnik in the center of the window.  Or rather struck the shield surrounding the Resnik.  The debris was defected off harmlessly but its impact had startled the pilot such that the man jerked in reaction and his intended control correction was mis-entered. The Resnik rolled suddenly caught at the same time by a strong gust and was thrown towards the wall of the storm.

Alarms sounded in the shuttle, as the inertial dampeners couldn't compensate.  The occupants of the shuttle were jostled violently; the pilot who had been fighting with the controls to bring the shuttle out of its roll and back into position suddenly slumped over in his chair.

Rayek struggled against the centrifugal force that attempted to pin his arms down to his chair and managed to reach out to his console to transfer over control of the shuttle to his position.  He then wrestled the shuttle out of its roll and maneuvered it away from the hurricane's edge.  He leveled out the shuttle and glanced back toward the two Vulcan medical techs, the doctor had sent along with him. No doubt both sent along to keep an eye on him, their Romulan shipmate.  Vulcan's being one of the few able to match Romulan strength. "I'll hold the Resnik steady here while you check the pilot."

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 12, 2017, 06:42:50 AM

McNair

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgment to Rhymus' affirmation. She looked forward, watching the shuttle struggle through the hurricane and frowning as it got pushed side to side. She watched in silence as Rhymus concentrated and brought the shuttle into the eye of the hurricane.

Bonnie continued to watch in silence as Rhymus piloted the shuttle; the sudden gust of wind caught Bonnie off guard and as the shuttle was forced left, Bonnie moved with it and hit her head into the side of the shuttle. "Ouch!" She looked back up, and out of the shuttle, Bonnie felt disoriented and dizzy, she rubbed her hand over her head. A small throb of pain came from the area which was hit. 'On the head? Again?' Bonnie sighed and looked at Rhymus, she didn't say anything so he kept his concentration. 'We must be close to the surface now.' Bonnie thought.

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus glanced at the sensor array long enough to see something impact the Resnik. A look further ahead showed more debris in their path.

"Bonnie," He said suddenly. "Open a channel to the McAuliffe. Inform them we have debris in our path, suggested new heading... Three-Two-Niner, Mark Two-Six. Quickly, if you will."

There was an almost unnatural calm in his voice, despite the intensity of the situation.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 12, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus glanced at the sensor array long enough to see something impact the Resnik. A look further ahead showed more debris in their path.

"Bonnie," He said suddenly. "Open a channel to the McAuliffe. Inform them we have debris in our path, suggested new heading... Three-Two-Niner, Mark Two-Six. Quickly, if you will."

There was an almost unnatural calm in his voice, despite the intensity of the situation.

McNair

Bonnie looked over to Rhymus and nodded when he told her to contact the other shuttle. She tried her best to ignore the jarring pain coming from her head and opened a channel to the McAuliffe. =^="Shuttle McNair to McAuliffe, there's debris in the path of our current route, we suggest changing course to, Three-Two-Niner, Mark Two-Six, to avoid the incoming debris."=^= Once the channel had been closed, Bonnie layed her head back onto the headrest. "They've been contacted." Bonnie finished.

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 12, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

McNair

Bonnie looked over to Rhymus and nodded when he told her to contact the other shuttle. She tried her best to ignore the jarring pain coming from her head and opened a channel to the McAuliffe. =^="Shuttle McNair to McAuliffe, there's debris in the path of our current route, we suggest changing course to, Three-Two-Niner, Mark Two-Six, to avoid the incoming debris."=^= Once the channel had been closed, Bonnie layed her head back onto the headrest. "They've been contacted." Bonnie finished.

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus glanced her way, the jarring effect of the shuttle eschewing his view slightly. She seemed alright, but in the conditions of the shuttle, nothing should be taken for granted. Their mission would be for naught if Bonnie couldn't do her job.

"Bonnie, are you doing alright? Stay with me now, you're integral to our mission here."

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 12, 2017, 04:29:28 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus glanced her way, the jarring effect of the shuttle eschewing his view slightly. She seemed alright, but in the conditions of the shuttle, nothing should be taken for granted. Their mission would be for naught if Bonnie couldn't do her job.

"Bonnie, are you doing alright? Stay with me now, you're integral to our mission here."

McNair

Bonnie nodded and closed her eyes, she lowered her head slightly. "Just a little dizzy, and I banged my head. But yeah, I'm fine." Bonnie let out a sigh and opened her eyes, the ship continued to throw itself around left her just as dizzy as before. She close her eyes again. "Surely we're close to being at the surface now? How much longer?" Bonnie asked, a few moments later she continued. "Sorry, I sound like a child." She finished.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.