News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle McAuliffe]

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 01:14:10 AM

"Two commanding presences in the same place is wasteful, Petty Officer. And I've had my fair share of crowd control. Consider this... a test. I want to see what you can do in an intense situation. Don't disappoint me."

He then got onto his feet, as high as he could anyway, and nodded to the two.

"If that's all, I will leave you two to it. Good luck, Doctor, Petty Officer."

With his orders given, Rayek nodded his acknowledgement.  "Yes sir."  Seeing as the shuttle already had a pilot Rayek looked to the Doctor.  "Shall I remain here or does the Resnik require a pilot?"

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 08, 2017, 01:15:39 AM

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle McAuliffe]

With his orders given, Rayek nodded his acknowledgement.  "Yes sir."  Seeing as the shuttle already had a pilot Rayek looked to the Doctor.  "Shall I remain here or does the Resnik require a pilot?"

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie looked on as Cleroux made the decision on his own to take the Type 9 with Bonnie. She agreed with his choice so she decided to let him be. She then turned to Rayek.

"Mr Rayek, as long as you are capable of piloting the Type 8 through a hurricane and into the ocean, please take the controls of that shuttle and you will be joined by two of my Techs." She paused, indicating the two Techs she meant. "Once we arrive at the station, we will dock and assess the casualties. We are only taking wounded, all the others are the responsibility for Commander Briggs' team. All the walking wounded will be going with you and you will be at your evacuation limit. All the more serious casualties will be coming with me. Hopefully we will be able to fit them all in." She replied, nodding at the two Techs who, took some supplies and headed over to the other shuttle.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle McAuliffe]

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 08, 2017, 01:29:23 AM

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie looked on as Cleroux made the decision on his own to take the Type 9 with Bonnie. She agreed with his choice so she decided to let him be. She then turned to Rayek.

"Mr Rayek, as long as you are capable of piloting the Type 8 through a hurricane and into the ocean, please take the controls of that shuttle and you will be joined by two of my Techs." She paused, indicating the two Techs she meant. "Once we arrive at the station, we will dock and assess the casualties. We are only taking wounded, all the others are the responsibility for Commander Briggs' team. All the walking wounded will be going with you and you will be at your evacuation limit. All the more serious casualties will be coming with me. Hopefully we will be able to fit them all in." She replied, nodding at the two Techs who, took some supplies and headed over to the other shuttle.

"Yes, ma'am." Rayek responded and then assisted the Techs with carrying their gear over to the Resnik.

[Shuttle Resnik]
After leaving the Techs to stow the medical gear, Rayek moved up to the cockpit of the shuttle and found that the pilot seat was already taken by a flight op.  "Lt Commander Vaughan sent me to assist - if you require a co-pilot." The flight op nodded and Rayek sat down in the co-pilots chair to begin assisting with the pre-flight checks.

Olivia Briggs

[Mess Hall]

Liv hadn't been in the Mess Hall for very long when she was notified that she would be joining her husband's team to the planet's surface to assist with evacuating the scientific research team that resided there due to the hurricane's that were now pounding their misery upon the planet. She also knew that they were to take food,rations and relief supplies so immediately got to work organising the food and rations to be delivered to the shuttles as part of the Gemini group.

She took this time to familiarise herself with PT1 - 9537 as she and her small team of helpers prepared everything and had it taken down to the Shuttlebay. Then before leaving to meet her husband and the others from her group, Alex Munroe arrived with Alys after Lizzie had introduced them and she agreed to look after Elijah. Liv immediately liked the woman and knew her son would be in good hands until she returned from the surface and when she had to work her normal shifts. So after kissing him on the forehead she watched as they left then grabbed a PADD and headed out for the nearest turbo lift.

[Shuttlebay]

Liv arrived a short time after into a bustling hive of activity as everyone prepared to leave the ship and after locating the Gemini group of shuttles walked over PADD in hand as she began making sure that the food and rations were loaded properly and that nothing was missed before she would join her husband and SCPO Mulchano.

Lek

[Shuttlebay]

Lek stood next to the shuttle USS Chaffee and wondered for the hundredth time, why it was a good idea to take space craft underwater as he waited for his pilot to arrive. Lek could operate a shuttle, all Starfleet personnel learned how, but he was honest enough to know that his skill set did not include flying in hurricanes or underwater operations.

"Especially a Type Eighteen shuttle pod. This damn thing doesn't even rate the title shuttle craft. We might as well be in a canoe or an ox-cart for all the protection we will have. I personally supervised the modifications and I still don't know that this is a good idea. I just hope this Solluk person knew what he was doing. I..."

He broke off his quiet tirade when he saw a young human male approaching the Chaffee.

"Lieutenant Lek. I am Ensign Oveur. I was assigned to pilot the Chaffee. May I add Sir, now this is going to be some flying!"

Lek wailed inside as he looked at the child standing before him and thought "I am so dead." Externally, he managed a small smile that looked more like the grimace it was and actually say.

"It's going to be something, whether it will remain flying is yet to be seen. Let's get this over with ensign."

Oveur nodded and bounded aboard the shuttlepod with enthusiasm as Lek followed shaking his head.

"Blessed Exchequer, who's greed is eternal, please watch over us and the folly of young Hyoomons."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 01:14:10 AM

=/\= Cleroux to Moors. Meet me by the Type-9 Shuttle, Soyuz Squadron. Might want to bring wet weather gear."  =/\=

Bonnie's Quarters

Bonnie looked up from the PADD she had in her hand as her commbadge chirped and Rhymus came through from the type 9. When he told her to dress up for wet weather, she stood up and walked out of her room for a replicator. When she arrived, she stopped and ordered a big raincoat. As the big jacket materialised, Bonnie picked it up and frowned slightly. It was big, very big, and when Bonnie put it on she practically drowned in it. The coat went down to just before her knees, the sleeves went about 15 centre metres past her hands. She grinned slightly, shrugging and folding the sleeves up so she could see her hands. She ordered another, smaller one just before she left.

McNair

Bonnie arrived at the shuttle and entered the ship. She smiled when she saw Rhymus and pointed to her jacket. "You bring wet weather gear, so here I am!" She smirked to herself and placed it onto the chair, putting the smaller one on instead. "You can wear that one, if you didn't bring any wet weather stuff for yourself." Bonnie walked over to Rhymus and smiled. "So, what will I be doing?" She asked.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 08, 2017, 04:10:35 PM

Bonnie's Quarters

Bonnie looked up from the PADD she had in her hand as her commbadge chirped and Rhymus came through from the type 9. When he told her to dress up for wet weather, she stood up and walked out of her room for a replicator. When she arrived, she stopped and ordered a big raincoat. As the big jacket materialised, Bonnie picked it up and frowned slightly. It was big, very big, and when Bonnie put it on she practically drowned in it. The coat went down to just before her knees, the sleeves went about 15 centre metres past her hands. She grinned slightly, shrugging and folding the sleeves up so she could see her hands. She ordered another, smaller one just before she left.

McNair

Bonnie arrived at the shuttle and entered the ship. She smiled when she saw Rhymus and pointed to her jacket. "You bring wet weather gear, so here I am!" She smirked to herself and placed it onto the chair, putting the smaller one on instead. "You can wear that one, if you didn't bring any wet weather stuff for yourself." Bonnie walked over to Rhymus and smiled. "So, what will I be doing?" She asked.

[Shuttle McNair]

His voice was terse, one of a Federation Security Officer rather than Rhymus Cleroux.

"Standard data gathering for us, Doctor. The rest of Soyuz Squadron will use the larger Type-8's to evac the wounded. We'll be taking the McNair and hitting the labs and computers. I can provide security override for us to get in, it's your job to gather what samples you can from the labs and prioritize data recollection. Can you do that?"

As he spoke, he took the larger coat, throwing it over his chair. You never know when you might need it...

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 04:34:22 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

His voice was terse, one of a Federation Security Officer rather than Rhymus Cleroux.

"Standard data gathering for us, Doctor. The rest of Soyuz Squadron will use the larger Type-8's to evac the wounded. We'll be taking the McNair and hitting the labs and computers. I can provide security override for us to get in, it's your job to gather what samples you can from the labs and prioritize data recollection. Can you do that?"

As he spoke, he took the larger coat, throwing it over his chair. You never know when you might need it...

McNair

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgement to what she was doing and smiled slightly when he asked if she could do that. "I'd hope so. It's what I came to help with, after all." Bonnie picked up a PADD laid on a seat at the back of the shuttle which contained the mission documents. She read the data collection section and looked back up. "If the command wants the soil and water samples, they'll get them." She finished, dropping the PADD back onto the chair and making her way back out of the shuttle to get some useful equipment before they set off; she collected a tricorder, and a few small test tube cases, which held around 12 test tubes each, and a satchel to fit them in so her hands were free. Once she had collected the equipment, she returned to the shuttle. "I'm ready to go when we get the green light. I have everything I need." Bonnie finished.

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 08, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

McNair

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgement to what she was doing and smiled slightly when he asked if she could do that. "I'd hope so. It's what I came to help with, after all." Bonnie picked up a PADD laid on a seat at the back of the shuttle which contained the mission documents. She read the data collection section and looked back up. "If the command wants the soil and water samples, they'll get them." She finished, dropping the PADD back onto the chair and making her way back out of the shuttle to get some useful equipment before they set off; she collected a tricorder, and a few small test tube cases, which held around 12 test tubes each, and a satchel to fit them in so her hands were free. Once she had collected the equipment, she returned to the shuttle. "I'm ready to go when we get the green light. I have everything I need." Bonnie finished.

[Shuttle McNair]

"Excellent." Rhymus sighed, seeming to try and calm his nerves.

"There is an ulterior motive I have for having us together, Bonnie. I needed to ask you something. In private. And I need you to be truthful with me, as your Security Officer and friend."

He finished up his preflight checks before turning to the woman.

"Is everything alright? When we went to speak with the Captain, you choked up at the sight of Petty Officer tr'Lhoell. I understand a Romulan is not the most common Federation crewman around, but... Is there anything I should know about?"

Lizzie Vaughan

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie looked at the Techs, before turning to the Chief.

"Are we ready to depart Chief?" She asked.

Posting as Chief Ivan Loginoff
Loginoff had jut finished the pre-flight checks when the Doctor spoke.

"Da Doktor. Ve vill be ready to depart vonce the rear door is closed."

Dr Vaughan
Lizzie nodded and turned to one of the Techs seated in the back.

"Close the rear door and do a final check to make sure everything is ready."

"Yes Doctor." The Tech replied, getting up and closing the rear door before doing a final check to make sure everything was fastened down. "Everything is secure Doctor." The Tech reported, taking their seat and strapping in.

Lizzie nodded and checked her own restraints before opening a channel.

=/\= Shuttle McAuliffe to Shuttles McNair and Resnik. Please can you confirm you are ready for departure? =/\=

In Memorium.

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

"Excellent." Rhymus sighed, seeming to try and calm his nerves.

"There is an ulterior motive I have for having us together, Bonnie. I needed to ask you something. In private. And I need you to be truthful with me, as your Security Officer and friend."

He finished up his preflight checks before turning to the woman.

"Is everything alright? When we went to speak with the Captain, you choked up at the sight of Petty Officer tr'Lhoell. I understand a Romulan is not the most common Federation crewman around, but... Is there anything I should know about?"

McNair

As Bonnie sat silently reading through the rest of the information on the PADD at the back, Bonnie's attention was turned to Rhymus who was doing flight checks at the front. Bonnie could feel Rhymus was nervous which was strange, Bonnie usually got a confident feeling from Rhymus, it usually helped Bonnie calm herself knowing that at least one person felt good about their chances, but not at the moment. She wondered if he was ok.

When Rhymus asked her about if things surrounding Daley and herself were ok, Bonnie went red in the cheeks. "I uh-" She paused for a moment after letting out a slight stutter and sighed heavily. "I've been... Well, I've been trying to avoid him." Bonnie paused, thinking about the events that happened during the previous outing. She'd tried to bury it, hide it, and forget about it, but she figured that wasnt going to happen now.

"In the last outing when we were taken, I woke up by myself. I must've been dropped or something because my head has swelled. When I woke up I was in some pain with myself, I couldn't see anyone or hear anyone so I used my telepathy to communicate with someone. I finally got contact with the Romulan, Rayek, is It? Well, I was in a lot of pain and Rayek saw it fit to ease it. He did a mind invasion of sort and used it to ease my pain in the process. But it felt wrong; it's like someone has invaded your personal space but so much that they're in your head." Bonnie paused for a moment and took a deep breath to compose herself. "I didn't know what to do about it so I have ignored it, tried to forget about it. It makes me feel uncomfortable to think about it, and if I see him I feel even more uncomfortable." Bonnie sat down and shrugged as a call for help. She looked over at Rhymus when Vaughan called in, asking if they were ready.

"I guess this isn't important at the moment." Bonnie said, letting out another small sigh. She thought she wouldn't tell anyone and continue to bury It, but given Rhymus asked and she trusted him, she figured she'd tell him. After all, telling the truth was big in Betazed, she carried an element of that with her.

Kyle Briggs

Shuttle Bay

Kyle had finished up the assignments for the Bridge crew and made his way to the Shuttle Bay. He entered and found his group off to one side, with crew members busily bustling around each shuttle making last minute preparations. He caught site of Liv standing next to the Scobee. This would be their main ride while the others were manned by the rest of his team. He was still looking for Chief Mulchano. Being new to the Challenger, Kyle hadn't had much chance to talk to and get to know the Enlisted man. As Kyle approached Liv, he noticed the PADD in her hands. She was no doubt doing exactly what he would be doing. Checking the readiness of their shuttles and the supplies they would be carrying.

"Hey. How's it looking?" he asked trying to stay professional.

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 08, 2017, 07:07:37 PM

McNair

As Bonnie sat silently reading through the rest of the information on the PADD at the back, Bonnie's attention was turned to Rhymus who was doing flight checks at the front. Bonnie could feel Rhymus was nervous which was strange, Bonnie usually got a confident feeling from Rhymus, it usually helped Bonnie calm herself knowing that at least one person felt good about their chances, but not at the moment. She wondered if he was ok.

When Rhymus asked her about if things surrounding Daley and herself were ok, Bonnie went red in the cheeks. "I uh-" She paused for a moment after letting out a slight stutter and sighed heavily. "I've been... Well, I've been trying to avoid him." Bonnie paused, thinking about the events that happened during the previous outing. She'd tried to bury it, hide it, and forget about it, but she figured that wasnt going to happen now.

"In the last outing when we were taken, I woke up by myself. I must've been dropped or something because my head has swelled. When I woke up I was in some pain with myself, I couldn't see anyone or hear anyone so I used my telepathy to communicate with someone. I finally got contact with the Romulan, Rayek, is It? Well, I was in a lot of pain and Rayek saw it fit to ease it. He did a mind invasion of sort and used it to ease my pain in the process. But it felt wrong; it's like someone has invaded your personal space but so much that they're in your head." Bonnie paused for a moment and took a deep breath to compose herself. "I didn't know what to do about it so I have ignored it, tried to forget about it. It makes me feel uncomfortable to think about it, and if I see him I feel even more uncomfortable." Bonnie sat down and shrugged as a call for help. She looked over at Rhymus when Vaughan called in, asking if they were ready.

"I guess this isn't important at the moment." Bonnie said, letting out another small sigh. She thought she wouldn't tell anyone and continue to bury It, but given Rhymus asked and she trusted him, she figured she'd tell him. After all, telling the truth was big in Betazed, she carried an element of that with her.

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus was silent for a time. How could someone hide their telepathic ability so long? Especially aboard a starship. It is entirely possible that the Petty Officer is not who he says he is...

The crewman finally spoke up, placing a hand on Bonnie's shoulder.

"It's alright Bonnie. I understand. Well, perhaps not understand, but can relate. There are many things we do that are better left in the dark, and I appreciate you telling me this."

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 08, 2017, 06:59:04 PM

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie looked at the Techs, before turning to the Chief.

"Are we ready to depart Chief?" She asked.

Posting as Chief Ivan Loginoff
Loginoff had jut finished the pre-flight checks when the Doctor spoke.

"Da Doktor. Ve vill be ready to depart vonce the rear door is closed."

Dr Vaughan
Lizzie nodded and turned to one of the Techs seated in the back.

"Close the rear door and do a final check to make sure everything is ready."

"Yes Doctor." The Tech replied, getting up and closing the rear door before doing a final check to make sure everything was fastened down. "Everything is secure Doctor." The Tech reported, taking their seat and strapping in.

Lizzie nodded and checked her own restraints before opening a channel.

=/\= Shuttle McAuliffe to Shuttles McNair and Resnik. Please can you confirm you are ready for departure? =/\=

Rhymus seemed to finally realize Doctor Vaughan had spoken to them, and quickly turned to open a channel.

=/\= "McNair to McAuliffe. We are green for flight. Hoping for smooth sailing."  =/\=

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

=/\= "McNair to McAuliffe. We are green for flight. Hoping for smooth sailing."  =/\=

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie gave a taught smile she showed her underlying nerves.

=/\= As do we McNair, as do we. We are awaiting final pre-flight. Will be in touch. =/\=

Lizzie drummed her fingers on the console, waiting for the Resnik to respond so they could get moving.

In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

As the pilot called out the pre-flight checks, Rayek confirmed the proper readiness and called back his affirmation.

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 08, 2017, 06:59:04 PM

Shuttle McAuliffe

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on November 08, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

[Shuttle McNair]

Rhymus seemed to finally realize Doctor Vaughan had spoken to them, and quickly turned to open a channel.

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 08, 2017, 08:30:47 PM

Shuttle McAuliffe

Lizzie gave a taught smile she showed her underlying nerves.

=/\= As do we McNair, as do we. We are awaiting final pre-flight. Will be in touch. =/\=

Lizzie drummed her fingers on the console, waiting for the Resnik to respond so they could get moving.

The Resnik pilot continued with the checks, until all was clear.  Only then did the man open a channel.  "Resnik to McAuliffe.  We are green for departure."

Rayek turned to glance back to the two medical Techs.  "I would advise the use of your seat restraints as we are likely to encounter severe turbulence."

He then readied himself and waited for Dr. Vaughan's order.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.