S1 M8: "By the Light of Helaspont"

Started by Julia Rellek, April 04, 2017, 03:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia Rellek

[Bridge]

Julia watched on a PADD as the telemetry began to come through. She wanted to take the ship deeper and begin to discover the secrets of Helaspont, but for that she knew she would need a more skilled pilot.

=/\="Lieutenant Galloway, please report to the bridge."=/\=

Closing the channel she stood up and moved to the back of the bridge, taking a position behind Naga and watched intensely as the data came through. "I think we're going to have to wait for the probes to get deeper." She surmised.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

S'Murr

Quote from: Jada on April 14, 2017, 06:58:20 AM

[Ten Forward]
When Galloway left, she leaned in to the other non-humans. 'Is it me, or is the universal translator sounding faulty?' She cocked a head meaningfully at where Galloway had gone. Meanwhile, she helped herself to his leftover fried fish and root vegetables, loving it a lot.

"It is neither," said S'Murr dropping a bit of fish into the enclosure. "It's just the way he speaks. I've looked into it, and it is technically Earth Standard, but an odd dialect."

He thought for a moment. "Solluk, Jada," he said, "I'm going to take a beginner's Hang gliding simulation in the holodeck. I found my little adventure today quite enjoyable, but do not with to end up in the ocean again." He stood and began to leave, then stopped.
"You are, of course, welcomed to join me."

Ian Galloway

[Holodeck Four]

Ian sat in the P-40 with "Highland Gal" Stenciled below the cockpit while working his way through the primitive aircraft's start up sequence, absently talking to himself as he went along.

"Mixture Control. Idle cut off. Check."

"Propeller Control. Full increase RPM. Check."

"Generator Switch. On. Check."

"Battery Switch. On. Check."

"Carburetor air" Set ta Ram. Check."

"Fuel Boost pump. On. Check."

Ian was just about to energize the starter which would actually bring the powerful Allison engine to life, when he heard the comm system of the Tempest.

Quote from: Julia Rellek on April 15, 2017, 06:17:31 AM

=/\="Lieutenant Galloway, please report to the bridge."=/\=

"Mo Chreach! He snarled in Gaelic before reaching up to press the throat microphone of the P-40 into his neck to respond.

=/\= "Aye Ma'am! On my way." =/\=

Ian quickly exited the cockpit of the Tomahawk and as soon as his feet hit the ground, he spoke.

"Computer. End program."

Feeling a sense of urgency, Ian immediately headed for the turbolift and was on the bridge in less than two minutes. It wasn't until he walked to the Conn station and the on duty helmsman gave him a funny look that he realized what happened.

In his rush to get to the bridge immediately in response to the captain's order, he had not changed into his Starfleet uniform. He was instead wearing black half-boots, khaki slacks, a khaki shirt, a dark brown leather jacket with a very distinctive red and white "blood chit" written in Chinese on the back, a leather pilot's helmet with goggles sitting on the top of his head, and a dazzling silk scarf patterned on the Galloway clan tartan.

Sheepishly, Ian turned to face the captain with cheeks showing an obvious blush.

"Uh. Lieutenant Galloway reportin' as ordered Ma'am."

S'Murr

[Holodeck 004]
As S'Murr walked up to the entrance to the Holodeck he tapped the panel.
"Computer," he asked, "is anyone currently using the holodeck?"
=/\="Holodeck Four is currently being used by Ensign Galloway"=/\= S'Murr grunted, remembering the "Flying Tigers" simulation Galloway had planned to run. Harder than hanggliders... no thanks. He was about to walk away when the door opened and Galloway stepped out into the passage.

"Leaving so soon?" he asked. "How much time do you have remaining?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.