Author Topic: S1 - M3: Time Paradox  (Read 15946 times)

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M3: Time Paradox
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2017, 10:31:04 am »
[Bridge]

Evan just about jumped out of his skin when the CO turned on him, his cold, black eyes boring through him like bullets. He had spent more than enough time around Vulcans to know when they were angry. But this was something more, almost murderous in nature. God help me if T'Ra ever looks at me like this, Evan thought to himself, beginning to feel that he was more likely to die at a Vulcan's hands than as a result of Sloan. He stood still as a statue as Kirok entered the required authorization code, waiting until he turned away to look down at the padd.

"Oh, scheiße,"Evan muttered. The CO was not going to like this, and Evan prayed to God that Kirok would not shoot the messenger for it. The information read as follows: Luther Sloan (deceased); survived by two children (one male, one female). The prisoner could be none other than Sloan's son. Evan glanced over at T'Ra, who was moving to assume a position in the center of the bridge, as if to say, 'What the hell has he dragged us into?' But he couldn't delay, chasing after the brooding Vulcan with a call of, "Sir!"

T'Ra took the conn for the first time since her days aboard the Getty, a situation that felt both familiar and unusual at the same time. She took a brief moment to analyze the situation, tuning out the the flashing red and klaxons clamoring for immediate action. Kirok had left the bridge, Evan scampering after him seemingly terrified. There was no time for her to dwell on this, and she could only trust that the two men would be able to settle things.

"Ms. Jaeger," T'Ra called out, her voice level in spite of the current atmosphere, "set course to follow the warp trail, maximum speed. Mr. Harmon should have the coordinates all ready for you." As she waited for the young flight lieutenant to implement this, she turned back to the new science officer. "I need you to work in conjunction with Mr. Conley and Harmon to locate Sloan's ship. It's highly probable to be cloaked."

Ser took over T'Ra sit the moment it was emptied.  He watched her as she walked over and sat in the command chair.  It had been a long time since he'd seen that.  He still R.E.M.'s red his conversation with the child T'Ra about pizza and Ice Cream. The smile came easy form the old memories of the Getty. 

Ser tuned to the console and poured over the data, trying to get a sense of what he was looking at.  They were warp trails, but something was off.  The rate of decay was off, it was sped up by fifteen percent.  He turn to Jor.

"am I reading this right?  What could do this to warp trails?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:39:34 am by Ser Conley »

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 12:12:26 am »
[Bridge]

Evan just about jumped out of his skin when the CO turned on him, his cold, black eyes boring through him like bullets. He had spent more than enough time around Vulcans to know when they were angry. But this was something more, almost murderous in nature. God help me if T'Ra ever looks at me like this, Evan thought to himself, beginning to feel that he was more likely to die at a Vulcan's hands than as a result of Sloan. He stood still as a statue as Kirok entered the required authorization code, waiting until he turned away to look down at the padd.

"Oh, scheiße,"Evan muttered. The CO was not going to like this, and Evan prayed to God that Kirok would not shoot the messenger for it. The information read as follows: Luther Sloan (deceased); survived by two children (one male, one female). The prisoner could be none other than Sloan's son. Evan glanced over at T'Ra, who was moving to assume a position in the center of the bridge, as if to say, 'What the hell has he dragged us into?' But he couldn't delay, chasing after the brooding Vulcan with a call of, "Sir!"

[Bridge -> Lift]

Kirok looked down at the padd in Evan's hand.  When the man did not announce the results, Kirok simply held out his hand.  And then read the results himself.

"Dead? Then who has been attacking us.  Who?" Kirok snapped.

Then without waiting for a reply, his legs simply started carrying the half Vulcan forward.  Away from the music that seemed to be haunting him.  Toward the one many who could give him an answer.

=/\= Conwell to Kirok. In ten minutes, I will be extending temporal shielding around the Shran from the Nemesis. Need about one hour to bring primary power back to Nemesis, herself. =/\=

[Turbo Door]

After Kirok called for the lift, his badge chirped.  =/\=Mr. Conwell, I am not on the Bridge at the moment.  You will need to coordinate with Mr. Jones.  And Mr. Hawke when he arrives for duty" Kirok said and then ended the transmission. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:20:05 am by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07:21 am »

T'Ra took the conn for the first time since her days aboard the Getty, a situation that felt both familiar and unusual at the same time. She took a brief moment to analyze the situation, tuning out the the flashing red and klaxons clamoring for immediate action. Kirok had left the bridge, Evan scampering after him seemingly terrified. There was no time for her to dwell on this, and she could only trust that the two men would be able to settle things.

"Ms. Jaeger," T'Ra called out, her voice level in spite of the current atmosphere, "set course to follow the warp trail, maximum speed. Mr. Harmon should have the coordinates all ready for you." As she waited for the young flight lieutenant to implement this, she turned back to the new science officer. "I need you to work in conjunction with Mr. Conley and Harmon to locate Sloan's ship. It's highly probable to be cloaked."

Locking in the Warp trail coordinates, she yelled out to those on the bridge Pushing the Shran as high as she could go, she kept an eye on the warp trail readings. They seemed to be acting strange for normal warp readings, but she kept following them.  They were bound to lead somewhere... Right?

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 04:52:43 am »
[Bridge -> Lift]

Kirok looked down at the padd in Evan's hand.  When the man did not announce the results, Kirok simply held out his hand.  And then read the results himself.

"Dead? Then who has been attacking us.  Who?" Kirok snapped.

Then without waiting for a reply, his legs simply started carrying the half Vulcan forward.  Away from the music that seemed to be haunting him.  Toward the one man who could give him an answer.

[Turbo Door]

After Kirok called for the lift, his badge chirped.  =/\=Mr. Conwell, I am not on the Bridge at the moment.  You will need to coordinate with Mr. Jones.  And Mr. Hawke when he arrives for duty" Kirok said and then ended the transmission.
[Bridge ---> Turbolift - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan trailed after Kirok as he headed for the turbolift.  His heart still pounding in terror, he could not bring himself to declare the results, allowing the padd to be taken from him, his eyes downcast to avoid the commanding officer's gaze. Dammit, man, Evan thought. I'm a doctor, not an all-knowing being

Locking in the Warp trail coordinates, she yelled out to those on the bridge Pushing the Shran as high as she could go, she kept an eye on the warp trail readings. They seemed to be acting strange for normal warp readings, but she kept following them.  They were bound to lead somewhere... Right?
Shran

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:43 pm »
[Bridge ---> Turbolift - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan trailed after Kirok as he headed for the turbolift.  His heart still pounding in terror, he could not bring himself to declare the results, allowing the padd to be taken from him, his eyes downcast to avoid the commanding officer's gaze. Dammit, man, Evan thought. I'm a doctor, not an all-knowing being

[Turbo]

Kirok stood with his face to the door.  His balled fists were once again at his side.  His body so rigid it could break at any moment.

"Yes, and we have missed it" Kirok scowled.  And they had - by allowing the prisoner to keep his hooded jacket.  And then allowed him to keep the hood pulled over his eyes because of an alleged sensitivity to light. 

"He has played us from the start.  And our rules keep letting him do it" Kirok added.  "Only a fool continues doing the same thing and hoping for a different result" he said as shame and anger finally met.

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »

[Bridge]

Well, Ariste had been right, of course she couldn't have a boring shift of reading off unimportant readings that never varied from the norm. Now, she was keeping a close eye on their warp core as they punched into maximum warp, and a simultaneous eye on the warp trails to make sure their readings didn't translate into interference.
Keeping her eye on this, unless she had another direct order this was what she would be doing.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2017, 12:46:10 am »
Shran
[Bridge]

Ardyn could literally feel the tension in the bridge, thanks to her involuntary mind reading.  Heavily focused on the control panel, Ardyn relayed ; "We should be at the coordinates in about four or five minutes, Ma'am." Turning to Ariste, she asked:

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2017, 04:01:59 am »
[Turbo]

Kirok stood with his face to the door.  His balled fists were once again at his side.  His body so rigid it could break at any moment.

"Yes, and we have missed it." Kirok scowled.  And they had - by allowing the prisoner to keep his hooded jacket.  And then allowed him to keep the hood pulled over his eyes because of an alleged sensitivity to light. 

"He has played us from the start.  And our rules keep letting him do it" Kirok added.  "Only a fool continues doing the same thing and hoping for a different result" he said as shame and anger finally met.

[Turbolift - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan found that he was holding his breath, as if he were afraid that such a small action as breathing would be enough to set the Vulcan off. Not gonna kill me, not gonna kill me
[Bridge]

Ardyn could literally feel the tension in the bridge, thanks to her involuntary mind reading.  Heavily focused on the control panel, Ardyn relayed ; "We should be at the coordinates in about four or five minutes, Ma'am." Turning to Ariste, she asked:

-Evan Buehler

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2017, 01:48:28 pm »

[Turbolift - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan found that he was holding his breath, as if he were afraid that such a small action as breathing would be enough to set the Vulcan off. Not gonna kill me, not gonna kill me

[Turbolift]

Kirok could hear the doctor talking behind him.  The man was talking about their attacker.  The half Vulcan was focused on the prisoner. 

The prisoner.  The attacker.  There had to be a link between them.

Kirok's head slightly twisted left then right.  His mind looking for the possible connection between the two.  "Logic dictates that the prison knows the connection between him and the attacker" the half Vulcan finally said.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »
"I'm not going to for two simple facts. One my faction I am with doesn't want to work with the TIC after certain events that are occuring right now. Well the governing faction of the TIC. The second is, you prevented that parellal timeline from occurring and the TIC doesn't see you as a major threat to Temporal Security unlike someone else I won't name who has a stolen timeship and causing mayhem across time and space at this very moment." He replied before bring up the shield configuration on the console he was at. The technology was similar in design but the power output needed would likely not be generated by the Shran to fully powered the shields at max effiencies based on what he knew.

"You didn't actually make a mistake. Sloan was just sneaky in doing a surprised assault but I would recommend scrambling the command codes so he can't manually lower shields from his shield. By now he has those codes and his spy is in place on the bridge to help. There is a way to track his timeship while cloaked. Follow not only the warp trail but the quantume displacement or quantum distortions. If Qantum Distortions start appearing, it means he's manipulating time. Displacement he's in Quantum Slipstream.

No, I feel when Sloan is taken care of, I will be returning to my time. My mission here in the past is really almost over." He replied before turning to Hawke.

"These are the schematics but the Shran might not have enough power to fully use the shields at 100% effiency. At mostly, they will handle anywhere between 75-85% efficiency due to power regulations.

[Nemesis]

James looked at the Formula for Temporal Shield and the pattern seemed similar to the one's that he tried to Develop once on the TempestShran and repeat what I did on the TempestShran's shield.  I know I am asking a lot but you need to trust me right now =/\=

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2017, 04:26:28 am »
[Turbolift]

Kirok could hear the doctor talking behind him.  The man was talking about their attacker.  The half Vulcan was focused on the prisoner. 

The prisoner.  The attacker.  There had to be a link between them.

Kirok's head slightly twisted left then right.  His mind looking for the possible connection between the two.  "Logic dictates that the prison knows the connection between him and the attacker" the half Vulcan finally said.
[Deck 31 - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan tried not to shudder as the Vulcan swung left and right, reminding him of one of those creepy dolls, and he was if he could see Kirok's face, his features would be just as stiff. Unheimlich. There was no other word for it.

"Logic may dictate, but logic cannot control the universe, especially with a species so illogical as humans," Evan replied as they made their way along the corridor towards their end destination. T'Ra was often telling him all the illogical things that humans did, and he could almost hear his first biology teacher screaming in his ear, "Just because it works in theory, does not mean it's going to work in real life!"

Kirok's mind was clouded by emotion, and that was honestly the reason Evan was still there. To make sure the Vulcan did not let his emotions consume him to the point of no return, and to see that no harm came to the prisoner as a result.

-Evan Buehler

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles